Donna's - Columbia
5850 Waterloo Road
Columbia, MD 21045Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: 4104652399
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Donna Crivello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
- Private Party Facilities: Donna's- Columbia offers room for private dining that can accommodate a variety of gatherings from cocktail events to full sit down dinners. Our restaurant is great for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals, business luncheons and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Special Events 4109635156
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Saturday nights.
A word from Donna's - Columbia
From it's roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Columbia features a full restaurant menu and bar w/fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Donna's - Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
- We sat outside and partookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012We sat outside and partook of the wine tasting (Argentinian wines), which was lovely. Because we were outside, waitstaff took special care to make sure we were attended to -- struck the right balance of attentiveness. Food is tasty, not too "frou frou" but definitely special.Special Features:
- When I saw the advertisementQuiltLadyDined on 5/13/2012When I saw the advertisement for Donna's Mother's Day Brunch, all locations listed the same menu - waffles, pancakes, lunch, and dinner available. The price was great! It turned out to not be the experience we expected! The food was all Mediterranean. Good, but not real breakfast or kid friendly. We couldn't order from the lunch or dinner menus- only the brunch was available. The omelets and scrambled eggs were runny. The prime rib was so rare it looked not edible. The muffins (very stiff) and desserts were cut in such small portions it made you wonder if they were going to run out of food. The staff was nice and Donna & her parents were gracious hosts.Special Features:
- We had Mother's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012We had Mother's Day brunch and I was somewhat disappointed. The food selection was ok and we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated even though we had a reservation. The taste of the food was ok. Overall 3/5 stars.
- Went for Mothers Day Brunch.MMc9156Dined on 5/13/2012Went for Mothers Day Brunch. Was expecting more; but brunch was good. Wait for omelet was long, prepared by two students (?). Will go back to try again on a non special occasion evening.
- Nice BrunchamalyutinVIPDined on 5/13/2012Today we had an absolutely wonderful MOTHER"S DAY Brunch. We are definitely going to check their regular Sunday Brunch too. Very good food. The only thing would be nice to improve is the quality of desserts. Recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Great menu choicesschmelkeVIPDined on 5/11/2012The menu is different and the food is great -- lots of different & fresh options. It's actually quieter if you sit outside sometimes! Friendly staff and good service -- I recently tried it for brunch and it was great as well. I've enjoyed each meal I've had at Donna's.
- Great place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2012Donna's menu changes regularly and always has such a wonderful selection of dishes. The ingredients are fresh and everything is home made. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Good food but lacks ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/28/2012Great food and service at a affordable amount. Not a notable wine list but a good selection of beers for those that like it. The light jazz combo on a Saturday evening adds a lot of warmth to the almost stark decor. The feel and ambiance could be much improved by soft sheer drapes and lowering the lights which would turn it into a almostore upscale New York vibe and encourage more folks to stay and savout the great food rather than eat and run.Special Features:
- We were seated as soon asGourmanVIPDined on 4/25/2012We were seated as soon as we arrived. The serving staff was very attentative. Our food selection was prepared as we requested. We will be coming back again, no doubt. Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:
- We love the music. Last weekend,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012We love the music. Last weekend, Paul Snyder played. He added a great mood to the evening.Special Features:
- menu was varied and well thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012menu was varied and well thought out. Almost too casual with some male diners in T Shirts.Special Features:
- I had always heard that Donna'sdanonnetDined on 4/21/2012I had always heard that Donna's was just a coffee bar, but on a Saturday night and looking for a nice place at the last minute, I used OpenTable.com's "Available Tonight" feature and stumbled upon Donna's. We were very surprised at this place. Food was awesome and service very good. The menu changes weekly, so you know Donna's takes the food seriously. They have some talent working in the kitchen and we will be back to try some other plates.Special Features:
- Nice dinneramalyutinVIPDined on 4/21/2012As usually food was very good (except of cappuccino that was really bad), service was a bit inattentive in the beginning but improved by the end of the meal. Overall a good experience. We'll be back.Special Features:
- This is a great place to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012This is a great place to meet up with friends for a reasonably-priced, tasty meal. The hostess and waitress were incredbily friendly and polite. I would certainly recommend Donna's.Special Features:
- Always outstanding food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012Always outstanding food. One thing that I was curious about.Special Features:
- Easter BuffetIzzyDined on 4/8/2012The layout was tight with little room for servers to get by those seated. Thought the food was fair to good but presentation only fair (buffet for Easter). Pears were overcooked and Gorgonzola almost non-existent in one salad and tomatoes with mozarella and balsamic vinegrette seemed skimpy. The smoked/cured salmon did not look that appealing (rather mushey).It may have been that the buffet was not replenished that often later in the day (we arrived an hour before the buffet ended. The desserts were exquisite (coconut macaroons, pound cake), however.
- our family of 5 dined thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012our family of 5 dined there for the first time for Easter brunch and were very pleasantly surprised. The selection of food was interesting and delicious, though not typical. Roasted pears with balsamic glaze, artichokes, rataoiulle with chickpeas, asparagus, beets and oranges, seafood salad, roasted lamb, ham , an omlette station and more..yum!Special Features:
- Excellent Easter brunch, justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Excellent Easter brunch, just different enough to be interesting and not run of the mill.Special Features:
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Donna's was fantastic for Easter brunch. Small venue meant it was cozy, but well attended by staff. Food was unbelievable. Great selection, very fresh, and plenty of options for everyone. (I'm a vegetarian and they had a ton of options)Special Features:
- Donna's never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Donna's never disappoints. Food is very good, imaginative and enjoyable. Service on this visit was friendly and efficient. Good reasons for us to return again and again.Special Features:
- We live in the area but hadColumbiaDinerDined on 3/31/2012We live in the area but had never visited Donna's. Based on its high ratings, we finally gave it a try. We were not disappointed; however, we did feel that for what we got our dinner was a bit overpriced. The menu is unique and interesting compared to most restaurants in the area. They change the menu on a weekly basis. The food was fresh and well-prepared. Between the two of us we got one soup, one salad, one beer, two non-alcoholic drinks, and 2 entrees (one of which was pasta). With tip, our meal was just over $75. So while we enjoyed the meal enough to want to go back in the future, we do feel like we paid too much for what we got.Special Features:
- Good variety of items on theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/31/2012Good variety of items on the menu, reasonable prices, and the wait staff we had was very attentive.Special Features:
- Donna's has built a solidRugbyDined on 3/30/2012Donna's has built a solid reputation at its four or so Baltimore area locations. This was our first time there ... and Donna's in Columbia lived up to it completely. Our waiter was professional and knowledgable and the kitchen clearly is committed to fresh ingredients and preparations that taste as good as the menue descriptions (rarer than one might think.) Particularly impressive was the presence of Donna, the owner --- clearly engaged, interacting with the customers in a meaningful way, helping the servers and lending a hand in the kitchen ... that's often the difference between an okay restaurant and an outstanding one.Special Features:
- Donna's has a wonderful menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012Donna's has a wonderful menu with items that differ from the chain casual dining spots. Everything is fresh and prepared and presented in a very nice manner. The portions are reasonable and Donna's even offers small plates.Special Features:
- You can always count on Donna'sColumbiaRoniVIPDined on 3/21/2012You can always count on Donna's for an interesting, healthful menu. Our waiter was attentive and accomodating. I was joining a former work colleague and we had much to catch up on. We did not feel rushed as we lingered over coffee.Special Features:
- Out of three dishes orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012Out of three dishes ordered at the table, one (bistro breakfast) was very good and two (pizza, and spinach and red pepper frittata) were ok
- Been here on two separateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/11/2012Been here on two separate occasions. Both times, the food has been pretty good, especially for a suburban type of place in an office area. However, the service makes the experience lacking. Servers are amateurs - long wait times, not attentive enough, basics like water refills, condiments on table, napkins, etc.. are ignored.... Shame, this place has a good foundation but appears to be run by inexperienced kids.
- We really enjoyed our brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/11/2012We really enjoyed our brunch. Food and service were both great.Special Features:
- Hostess did not have our reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Hostess did not have our reservation, but offered us a seat near the bar until a table opened up. Took about twenty minutes. Server was attentive and friendly. Food was great. First choices for dessert were unavailable, but server was great about helping us find available desserts.Special Features:
- We have dined at Donna's threeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012We have dined at Donna's three times now. This last time was the least pleasing experience of the three. Our server did not provide us with her name, when she finally brought our bread to the table, they were the three scrawniest pieces of bread you ever did see. But the table next to us (also a party of 3) got huge pieces of bread and lots of it. We were very disappointed in the service this time. The food is excellent and is enough reason to keep coming back, I just hope the service next time is better than it was this last time.Special Features:
- Very good service and foodMangoKissDined on 3/7/2012Food was very good, service was as well. Friendly, attentive staff. Fresh ingredients, really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, spotty serviceLisaTexVIPDined on 3/3/2012We love Donna's! The food is wonderful, the ambiance is warm and welcoming, and the menu endlessly enticing. Last time we visited, however, we had a small issue with slow service. Our meal came in a timely fashion and was delicious, but when we ordered dessert, nothing happened for about half an hour. We were on our way to see a show and barely made the curtain, even though we'd finished our entrees an hour earlier. Still, it's definitely worth the drive (we live in Frederick) to go back to Donna's and try again!Special Features:
- I've been to the Donna's CrossOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/26/2012I've been to the Donna's Cross Keys several times and thought that Columbia would have the buffet brunch since it's listed on the website. They do not. However, that did not take away from all of the things that makes Donna's, Donna's.Special Features:
- Donna's New Menu is Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012Donna's has changed their menu and apparently intends to keep changing it regularly. Definitely a nice improvement! Lots of upscale, creative menu options at a reasonable price. Portion sizes for the entrees are definitely good for the price, but the small plates are indeed small, so be prepared.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2012We really enjoyed our food and the service was good. We had two concerns though We came for brunch, however when my husband requested a Bloody Mary, our waitress told us that she really was too busy to make one since there was no one tending bar. My husband felt that was a totally inappropriate response. Another guest in our party requested an apple cider, however only after waiting for it and asking for it again was he informed that there was none left. Other than those two issues we really enjoyed our visit to Donna's. The food, atmosphere were very good.Special Features:
- I have been to Donna's nowAnnieVIPDined on 2/19/2012I have been to Donna's now several times. This review is only in the context of Sunday brunch. The other times I have been for lunch or dinner have been fine. I went to Donna's for Sunday brunch. The service was awful. We waited for at least 10-12 minutes to get a beverage order. Then another 10 min. or so to have our order placed. The waitress never asked to refill my drink and rarely stopped by to see if there was anything that we needed. Again, I have been there for dinner as well, which was great. Maybe they save their A+ staff for dinner time.
- The food was just so so, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/17/2012The food was just so so, and for what was served a bit pricey. The cost of a glass of wine was outrageous in this small restaurant. In addition, a gratuity of 20 percent was added because we had a coupon. I did not find this to be classy at all!Special Features:
- We went on Valentine's Day.AnnieVIPDined on 2/14/2012We went on Valentine's Day. They had a 5 course pre-fixe menu which was pretty good. Some of my food was under-seasoned, but I thought it was a great meal at a great cost. The food definitely had high class flare. The restaurant is not very large, so we were sitting rather close to other guests. It just so happened that the people beside us were on the obnoxious side and maybe had too much to drink; thus I had higher marks on noise.Special Features:
- We have been going to Donna'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We have been going to Donna's since we moved to Columbia (5 years). The staff are friendly and recognize you. The menu always has a great selection of favorite dishes and newly added ones. You know when Donna is here because she makes it a point to visit the tables. Her Valentine Menu was terrific! We also had our New Year's Dinner at Donna's!D I have recommended and taken many friends to Donna's.Special Features:
- Service was slow, more serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Service was slow, more servers needed. Food was really good and worth the wait. I would recommend and will eat there again.Special Features: