Donna's - Charles Village
3101 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Charles Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/charlesvillage
- Phone: 4108893410x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Andy Thomas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call (410) 889-3410 for more information about catered breakfast meetings, lunches, and special events.
A word from Donna's - Charles Village
Our cafe in the heart of Charles Village offers morning coffee and pastries, our signature salads and sandwiches at lunch, to our innovative weekly changing dinner menu created by chef Andy Thomas using local seasonal ingredients. Enjoy outside dining and our carefully selected wines, beers, and special beverages to match our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Donna's - Charles Village - Best Restaurants in Charles Village ›
Donna's - Charles Village reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (12)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great FoodyummyyyDined on 8/20/2014I had heard it was a place to bring parents to, but the quality of food was better than I expected. I thought the menu was great with impressive variety. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best turkey burgers in town.DJbrianDined on 8/8/2014Love they Turkey burger with gorgonzola and sweet potatoe friesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and underwhelmedMarleyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Beginning with $10-$13 for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, this was not a great dining experience. The service was diner-like in pace -- hurry up and order and then wait for your food. The kitchen informed us that my husband's steak had been overcooked and he was given a second cocktail while he waited and the rest of us ate. That happens -- but the food wasn't all worth waiting for. The lamb meatballs were overly seasoned and dry. The gazpacho was simply the worst I have ever had -- and it is hard to mess up gazpacho. It was like pureed tomatoes and onions with no flavor complexity at all. I'm not going to hurry back.
- UnderratedJamieDined on 7/3/2014Donna's consistently has great food. It is near my apartment, and I frequently bring out of town guests here on their first night in Baltimore. I've been to many restaurants around the city, and I still think Donna's has better food than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Loved the brunch. Wish the dinner menu was as good as the Cross Keys Donna's. The Charles Village spot is getting tired. Needs a face lift.Special Features:
- Delicious PancakesEkerDined on 5/11/2014I went to Donna's with my family for mother's day and everyone loved their meal. I loved the strawberry pancakes I ordered as well as my brother's chocolate chip pancakes. My parents really enjoyed their omelet and salmon hash as well. The waitress was very kind and we were able eat outside which was great. I definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Donna's - Charles Village reviews archive.
- Long time customerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2014I love Donna's Charles Village because it reminds me of Paris cafes. It has great food for lunch and brunch. I love being able to also sit outside. Service can be so-so at times. Overall highly recommend for coffee and menu is excellent offering healthy selections overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotTy1978Dined on 3/21/2014This is a great neighborhood spot. Some of the best service I have ever experienced. The food was yummy and I enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchBillVIPDined on 3/21/2014Good sandwiches, nice beer selection, pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Always very goodlewisVIPDined on 3/14/2014Although we live in Mt Washington we prefer the Charles Village Donna's to the one at Cross Keys. Great vibe combined with high quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A choice neighborhood spotFoodiewithanFDined on 2/14/2014I have been to Donna's many times for both dinner and brunch. Despite the busy nature of the space they do an excellent job keeping everything running smoothly. The food is always wonderful and on the verge of being foodie level dining. The wine and beer selection is always decent and the wines are of a similar quality to the food. They have a good cocktail menu and a nice variety of delectable desserts. Between the good service, fine drinks, excellent food and consistently updated seasonal menu Donna's of charles village is an excellent spot for any time of day and most occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unfortunately I was seatedRexYDined on 1/19/2014unfortunately I was seated next to the grill, and ended up smelling like I worked there (hair and clothes)Special Features:
- Nice lunch/brunch spotChrisDined on 1/5/2014Stopped in for late lunch on a Sunday. I was kind of surprised to be given a brunch menu, but there were plenty of lunch-style selections, too. The turkey burger was probably the best t-burger I've ever had--juicy and flavorful with a dill aioli. It would only have been improved if real summer tomatoes had been available, but I can't quibble with that. Sweet potato fries were great, and the lovely pot of Earl Grey was welcome on a cold grey day. My husband's tuna salad sandwich was good, on good grainy bread. Service was very friendly and our server was clearly knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awfulDissatisfied01Dined on 1/2/2014I decided to try out this restaurant based on the recommendation of 2 co-workers. I ordered the "lamb burger" which arrived VERY QUICKLY and was cold. I let the server know, she took it back and brought it back to my table in less than 5 mins. It seemed like it had been popped into the microwave for 30 seconds. The lamb was flavorless, chewy. I took a couple bites and quickly left after paying, as I did not want to make a scene. The server never offered me something else to compensate for the food being served cold (she could sense that I did not like it as I barely took 3 bites of the thing. Customer service is poor and this experience will not bring back to this place. The only decent I ingested that day was the beer.
- Nice hit for NYEMomRucifiDined on 12/31/2013Came to Open Table with really specific needs -- a nice, but not over-the-top restaurant for an early New Year's Eve dinner with the family, including 2 picky kids and a picky Nana. I was drawn to Donna's because I thought I read that they would have the full menu *and* a price fixe menu for the evening. Alas, they only had a limited menu. Thankfully, they had a kids' menu with good choices but not "dumbed down." The event menu was definitely fit for a foodie. The service was friendly, accommodating, and welcoming. The fried goat cheese appetizer was fantastic. Main course dishes were rich and perfect for a winter celebration. The kids didn't love the pizza, but that was about personal preference rather than quality. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and ServiceSalsad8VIPDined on 10/27/2013Donna's has become a staple for our family. The food is always spot on and reasonably priced and the service never fails. Donna and Alan, the owners, always make us feel welcome and go out of their way to say hi. One of our favorite restaurants in Baltimore. Both locations are terrific and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pick up a beet salad otherwise, ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Tasty scallops w/creamed cauliflower but the scallops were slightly undercooked (better than overcooked). Bland pork tacos and navy bean soup. Good salmon salad. I'd go back in a sec for their excellent beet salad but only as a carry out. The waitress was good but the service slow. The decor is okay, the place is tiny. It was a cold night and felt like a cold breeze wafting through as if the front door was open most of the time but it wasn't. 4 people: $120 plus tip (only included 1 alcoholic drink). There are better places for that price.
- A pleasant surprisePhilDined on 10/25/2013For some reason, I always thought of Donna's as a coffee bar. I was wrong! My wife and I enjoyed a great dinner. She had the mixed greens salad and gnocchi which were light and melt in your mouth delicious. I enjoyed the white bean with bacon soup and followed that treat with spicy shrimp with sausage and fried polenta. We both were delighted with our dining experience and will definitely be revisiting this gem again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best in the neighborhoodMaggiDined on 10/19/2013Great little place for friendly atmosphere, good service and good food. It's the best within any walking distance of the area. Also perfect for JHU student special occasions, and for walking from dorms/campus. Every time I've been here the food has been very good- memorable. Donna's is worth repeat visits!Special Features:
- Donna's is fantastic! TheGingerDined on 10/6/2013Donna's is fantastic! The food is great, especially their Sunday brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.