Donna's - Cross Keys
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Cross Keys
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: 4105327611x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Standford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
A word from Donna's - Cross Keys
From its roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Cross Keys has evolved to offering a full restaurant menu with fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Enjoy your meal with some of our premium wines, innovative cocktails or craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Donna's - Cross Keys - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Donna's - Cross Keys reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (101)neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (56)great for brunch (51)good for groups (44)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (24)special occasion (22)romantic (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (8)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Just right, mostly.ReppohanhteDined on 7/12/2014As far as the food and the service are concerned, Donna's maintains it's high standards. Generous portions attractively plated, served with the friendly concern of experienced wait staff. We dined early on a Saturday, not too many patrons at that moment, but busy and bustling when we were leaving. Nonetheless, attention continued to be paid to us and our needs. All the prices seemed fair and appropriate except one: the $13.50 martini. I don't know if this is the "new" cocktail tariff but we haven't encountered it anywhere else as yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencesuzyDined on 7/8/2014It seems that everytime our book group meets at Donna's it rains. Last Tuesday was no excception. The winds came, the rain poured and then we were treated to a golden sky and double rainbows. Through all of the weather the staff remained perfectly calm providing excellent service. And of course, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably lovelyMBHBmoreVIPDined on 7/4/2014We love Donna's in the warm weather months because it has lovely outdoor seating and good food. It's our go-to place when the weather is nice. Good selection of wine and great cocktails, and always good food.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMarcVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food is great, excellent service and enjoyable sitting outside on a summers eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceNLJF4VIPDined on 6/28/2014Service by Sara was great. She represents Donna's to a tea. The food was very good, although one hen dish was served well done on the outside, but very pink near the bones. The other was served not as well done on the outside, but was done through and through. Taste was fennel fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!jcrockDined on 6/23/2014The meu was nventive without being precious, and our party of four was happy with every dish we ordered - in a high-end strip mall with free parking, and rather elegant once you're inside. Service was friendly but professional.Special Features:
- Fantastic findchinamamaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great value for the price! Full, varied, and delicious lunch buffet. We made 3 separate reservations on Open Table to cover a very large group, and when some people didn't come as expected, they cheerfully re-configured the tables to accommodate those who did. Highly recommended for brunch, indoors or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 670 reviews are from the Donna's - Cross Keys reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Always a good experience at Donna's; a great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kshof409Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Donna's for at least 10 years but after our last time there plan to never return. Awful experience. Sat for 40 minutes and our waiter still hadn't even come over yet to take our drink orders. Had to walk to the front of the restaurant to grab the manager and he apologized and promised us "lots of free stuff". He sent the waiter over finally and they took our order, then we waited another 45 minutes and by this point still didn't even have drinks or a bread basket and were so starving that we left. We told the manager what had happened as we were walking out and he really seemed to care less.
- Great neighborhood gem!TouristDined on 6/19/2014I live in the Village of Cross Keys and visit Donnas quite often. I was pleasantly surprised at the addition of a Prix Fix, wine paring menu......it was great! I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!jodyzDined on 6/17/2014Always an enjoyable meal there! Especially nice eating outdoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful buffet brunch!reviewerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've always loved the regular menu, but the Father's Day buffet brunch was even better. Beautiful food, plentiful and characteristically Donna's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrownfoodgroupieDined on 6/14/2014Disappointed with listed wine, Savignon Blanc, not available. My husbands wine came in a dirty glass, no attention to detail! 2 glasses of wine had bugs in the bottom of glasses - discussing! Waiter, Chaz, tried real hard to please us ! Appreciated his service. Never heard from manager , although they took 2 dessert charges off the bill.Special Features:
- Consistently goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 6/11/2014Sat outside at a quiet table so we could talk, a rarity these days. Trout and steak salad were excellent. Service was attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday CelebrationWendyVIPDined on 6/9/2014Each year I gather a few friends to join me for a birthday dinner. I usually go in a day or so before to choose the server.It turned out I did not know the current ones yet the one assigned was terrific. She did a great job with keeping up with the changes in the number of guests and in general.The food and ambience were both great! And then the cake came as a total surprise,ordered by my sister in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnasNortheastBevDined on 6/7/2014Dinner at donnas was outstanding! Efficient and pleasant service! Food was impeccable! Lamb meatballs were huge. Took some home and had lunch for next day. We were fortunate to have good weather and able to sit outside. Lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad2boutDined on 6/7/2014Dinner was very good. Their new menu was a hit. I had the potato encrusted mahi mahi. It was a very generous portion. My companion had the petite filet cooked rare and cut like butter. Finished it with Taharka ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinningVinceDined on 5/31/2014Went to Donna's on a Saturday evening and the weather was great so we dinned outside. The food and the service were what we expected whis is great. Overall i would recommend to anyone who enjoys a memorable dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulS410Dined on 5/30/2014You can count on Donna's to provide great food, and eating outside on the patio on a lovely evening only ads to the meal. The menu rotates so there is always a new treasure to uncover. Wait staff are friendly and appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- Iady605Dined on 5/25/2014Always enjoy lunch and brunch. Quality ingredients are used and the service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLynnVIPDined on 5/23/2014We hadn't been to Donna's in years. Our mistake. All four dinners were exceptional, beautifully presented with large portions and great flavor. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Donna's on the deckNewdiningDined on 5/21/2014We travel to Baltimore several times a year, to see our son who is a college student in the area. We always stay at the Radisson Cross Keys, and ALWAYS dine, at least once each visit, at Donna's. The weather in Baltimore is warmer than it is at home, so we look forward to eating outside on the deck whenever weather permits. This time, I had the Shrimp Scampi, and it was wonderful! Lots of jumbo shrimp over pasta, and very, very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationNutmeggerDined on 5/21/2014We were 14. They we'd prepared for us and had three servers taking care of us. Apps were nicely displayed and easy to share. Kept our waters filled. Very pleasant and memorable. All main courses were well received. Thank you for helping three families celebrate such a wonderful accomplishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ItalianesqueBryanVIPDined on 5/20/2014This is a reliable place for north Baltimore City types who don't want to go downtown. Very neighborly. Service is fair over several visits. Food is always good- not spectacular but no misfires.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good!JamesVIPDined on 5/20/2014All 4 of us were driving from different directions and the traffic was in gridlock everywhere! The cordially pushed out our reservation for us. Dinner was very good. We had hamburger, chicken with lemon and capers, filet mignon with an interesting apricot sauce and cheese ravioli with a light plum tomato sauce. The only minor complaint was the ravioli was just warm. We had tickets for a performance so I did not ask them to reheat it because of our time limit because of the traffic. It was still very good but would have even been better hot. Service was outstanding...charming and attentive. We had a lovely visit with friends because it was quiet and felt very private.Special Features:
- Good food, Good serviceNomNomNomivoreVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food is very good. I've never had a bad meal at Donna's. I've also been for Brunch, which is good, but overpriced in my opinion. Also, even though it's an already pricey buffet and you serve yourself, 18-20% gratuity is automatically added when you dine in a group.Special Features:
- California ChrometwinmomVIPDined on 5/18/2014We got to meet the co owner and trainer of CA Chrome. We asked our waiter if we could buy their dessert; I have not a clue if that happened. They charged us $8. We wanted to buy all of them (4) dessert, but whatever! The waiter seemed not to know how to maneuver that for us....Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!TouristDined on 5/16/2014Always a good choice! The menu has something for everyone...Special Features:
- tiredJoanieVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food was fair,service very good. They need an update to the menu and wine list. The wine list needs some moderate prices and the menu does also. The mussels had no taste and came out kind of cold. The salad had white anchovies,not good. The only good thing was the out door dinning.Special Features:
- dinner @ DonnasMaryDined on 5/12/2014we had dinner and cocktails for a birthday celebration. the scallops and calamari were very good. Service was very accommodating. The food is always delicious.Special Features:
- RegrettablewithregretsDined on 5/11/2014We were seated at the worst possible table right in the middle of all of the foot traffic to the brunch table. When the waiter came to the table his first question to us was "are you here to have brunch?" and we both looked at him like why else would we be here? He then offered to bring us water and we had to flag him down to ask is the bloody mary's were included which they were. I could not imagine a more uncomfortable setting for Mother's Day and would strongly recommend you skip Donna's for Sunday brunch as a rule.
- mother's day brunchSharonDined on 5/11/2014Had the brunch buffet on Mother's Day, it was great. The food was delicious and interesting. Presentation was nice. The wait staff was also really helpful and went out of their way for a buffet. I've never been disappointed by Donna's and will always go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more attention to details...TabbyHillDined on 5/10/2014Party of 4 w/reservation, seated at lopsided table next to a busy doorway...plenty of better tables available. Go figure (we moved ourselves). The Donna's mainstay burger has seriously deteriorated in quality-it was dry and tasteless, too much greasy bun, accompanied by lukewarm fries. Lamb meatballs were flavored well but polenta was thin and presentation was sloppy. Another Donna's signature item, meatloaf, was only fair. Mussels were still as expected - plentiful and well cooked and we enjoyed the salad with fried goat cheese. Skipped desserts.Special Features:
- Donna's is always tops !!!!rhkarenDined on 5/8/2014Donna's is always a dependable, delightful, delicious experience. Great menu items, high quality food, exceptional preparation, and top notch service are the norm when we dine (or lunch) at Donna's. Eat on the patio when the weather allows!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend orig Dresden GermanyATheaterFanAgainDined on 5/3/2014It was a bit hectic - but had help with a special dietary concern .. - asked to sit outside and could not do so - did not specify that on my "open table" reservation !! Met a few additional wait assistants, at least three maybe four .. including Donna herself! Interesting .. but not what I found at Donna's in the past .. Will try it again soon ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchKat13Dined on 4/27/2014Five of shared a birthday brunch and we loved the food! The veggies were the best and the free Mimosa was good. The price was very reasonable for all the food that is offered. Met Donna and she is charming. Where the buffet was set up was a little tight and they kept running out of dishes. Otherwise, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great late night dinnerBaltimoreanNewYorker2Dined on 4/26/2014We came Saturday night. We ate salmon and meatloaf. Both are excellent. Wine also well priced. Our server was nice. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014My waitress was Amy and she was very friendly. The food was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart PickSmartDinerDined on 4/23/2014When I made the reservation, I requested a quiet spot so my friend and I could easily converse. Tho the restaurant was not busy when we arrived, our table was already set, and we were very pleased with its location. We were very warmly welcomed by the hostess and our waitress. My friend was enthusiastically encouraged to 'create' her own salad by selecting her favorite ingredients from the grilled salmon fillet salad and the orange and beet salad. I had the western omelet, a delicious special of the day, that came with a side salad. To our surprise, Donna delivered our meals to us. Both of us miss the Donna's in Columbia and we were very pleased to have lunch at the Cross Keys location on our way to Sherwood Gardens in Guilford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect way to spend a birthdayCarolHDined on 4/20/2014My friends and I took advantage of the wonderful Easter brunch this year and couldn't have enjoyed it more. The buffet was filled with all our favorites--particularly Donna's famous roasted vegetables. The lamb chops were melt-in-your-mouth delectable and the tenderloin perfect. Our omelets were perfect and my buddy was so surprised and happy to find coddies included in the fabulous seafood station. The deserts were yummy--no surprise there and generally everything start to finish was wonderful. Add to that the gracious hosts and it was a perfect way to spend a birthday/Easter Sunday. Thanks everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.