Donna's - Cross Keys
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Cross Keys
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: 4105327611x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Standford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
A word from Donna's - Cross Keys
From its roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Cross Keys has evolved to offering a full restaurant menu with fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Enjoy your meal with some of our premium wines, innovative cocktails or craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Donna's - Cross Keys - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Donna's - Cross Keys reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (117)neighborhood gem (106)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (64)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (47)scenic view (29)kid-friendly (28)special occasion (28)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- kshof409Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Donna's for at least 10 years but after our last time there plan to never return. Awful experience. Sat for 40 minutes and our waiter still hadn't even come over yet to take our drink orders. Had to walk to the front of the restaurant to grab the manager and he apologized and promised us "lots of free stuff". He sent the waiter over finally and they took our order, then we waited another 45 minutes and by this point still didn't even have drinks or a bread basket and were so starving that we left. We told the manager what had happened as we were walking out and he really seemed to care less.
- Great neighborhood gem!TouristDined on 6/19/2014I live in the Village of Cross Keys and visit Donnas quite often. I was pleasantly surprised at the addition of a Prix Fix, wine paring menu......it was great! I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!jodyzDined on 6/17/2014Always an enjoyable meal there! Especially nice eating outdoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful buffet brunch!reviewerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've always loved the regular menu, but the Father's Day buffet brunch was even better. Beautiful food, plentiful and characteristically Donna's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrownfoodgroupieDined on 6/14/2014Disappointed with listed wine, Savignon Blanc, not available. My husbands wine came in a dirty glass, no attention to detail! 2 glasses of wine had bugs in the bottom of glasses - discussing! Waiter, Chaz, tried real hard to please us ! Appreciated his service. Never heard from manager , although they took 2 dessert charges off the bill.Special Features:
- Consistently goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 6/11/2014Sat outside at a quiet table so we could talk, a rarity these days. Trout and steak salad were excellent. Service was attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday CelebrationWendyVIPDined on 6/9/2014Each year I gather a few friends to join me for a birthday dinner. I usually go in a day or so before to choose the server.It turned out I did not know the current ones yet the one assigned was terrific. She did a great job with keeping up with the changes in the number of guests and in general.The food and ambience were both great! And then the cake came as a total surprise,ordered by my sister in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnasNortheastBevDined on 6/7/2014Dinner at donnas was outstanding! Efficient and pleasant service! Food was impeccable! Lamb meatballs were huge. Took some home and had lunch for next day. We were fortunate to have good weather and able to sit outside. Lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad2boutDined on 6/7/2014Dinner was very good. Their new menu was a hit. I had the potato encrusted mahi mahi. It was a very generous portion. My companion had the petite filet cooked rare and cut like butter. Finished it with Taharka ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinningVinceDined on 5/31/2014Went to Donna's on a Saturday evening and the weather was great so we dinned outside. The food and the service were what we expected whis is great. Overall i would recommend to anyone who enjoys a memorable dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delightfulS410Dined on 5/30/2014You can count on Donna's to provide great food, and eating outside on the patio on a lovely evening only ads to the meal. The menu rotates so there is always a new treasure to uncover. Wait staff are friendly and appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- The following 658 reviews are from the Donna's - Cross Keys reviews archive.
- Iady605Dined on 5/25/2014Always enjoy lunch and brunch. Quality ingredients are used and the service is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLynnVIPDined on 5/23/2014We hadn't been to Donna's in years. Our mistake. All four dinners were exceptional, beautifully presented with large portions and great flavor. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Donna's on the deckNewdiningDined on 5/21/2014We travel to Baltimore several times a year, to see our son who is a college student in the area. We always stay at the Radisson Cross Keys, and ALWAYS dine, at least once each visit, at Donna's. The weather in Baltimore is warmer than it is at home, so we look forward to eating outside on the deck whenever weather permits. This time, I had the Shrimp Scampi, and it was wonderful! Lots of jumbo shrimp over pasta, and very, very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationNutmeggerDined on 5/21/2014We were 14. They we'd prepared for us and had three servers taking care of us. Apps were nicely displayed and easy to share. Kept our waters filled. Very pleasant and memorable. All main courses were well received. Thank you for helping three families celebrate such a wonderful accomplishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ItalianesqueBryanVIPDined on 5/20/2014This is a reliable place for north Baltimore City types who don't want to go downtown. Very neighborly. Service is fair over several visits. Food is always good- not spectacular but no misfires.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good!JamesVIPDined on 5/20/2014All 4 of us were driving from different directions and the traffic was in gridlock everywhere! The cordially pushed out our reservation for us. Dinner was very good. We had hamburger, chicken with lemon and capers, filet mignon with an interesting apricot sauce and cheese ravioli with a light plum tomato sauce. The only minor complaint was the ravioli was just warm. We had tickets for a performance so I did not ask them to reheat it because of our time limit because of the traffic. It was still very good but would have even been better hot. Service was outstanding...charming and attentive. We had a lovely visit with friends because it was quiet and felt very private.Special Features:
- Good food, Good serviceNomNomNomivoreVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food is very good. I've never had a bad meal at Donna's. I've also been for Brunch, which is good, but overpriced in my opinion. Also, even though it's an already pricey buffet and you serve yourself, 18-20% gratuity is automatically added when you dine in a group.Special Features:
- California ChrometwinmomVIPDined on 5/18/2014We got to meet the co owner and trainer of CA Chrome. We asked our waiter if we could buy their dessert; I have not a clue if that happened. They charged us $8. We wanted to buy all of them (4) dessert, but whatever! The waiter seemed not to know how to maneuver that for us....Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot!TouristDined on 5/16/2014Always a good choice! The menu has something for everyone...Special Features:
- tiredJoanieVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food was fair,service very good. They need an update to the menu and wine list. The wine list needs some moderate prices and the menu does also. The mussels had no taste and came out kind of cold. The salad had white anchovies,not good. The only good thing was the out door dinning.Special Features:
- dinner @ DonnasMaryDined on 5/12/2014we had dinner and cocktails for a birthday celebration. the scallops and calamari were very good. Service was very accommodating. The food is always delicious.Special Features:
- RegrettablewithregretsDined on 5/11/2014We were seated at the worst possible table right in the middle of all of the foot traffic to the brunch table. When the waiter came to the table his first question to us was "are you here to have brunch?" and we both looked at him like why else would we be here? He then offered to bring us water and we had to flag him down to ask is the bloody mary's were included which they were. I could not imagine a more uncomfortable setting for Mother's Day and would strongly recommend you skip Donna's for Sunday brunch as a rule.
- mother's day brunchSharonDined on 5/11/2014Had the brunch buffet on Mother's Day, it was great. The food was delicious and interesting. Presentation was nice. The wait staff was also really helpful and went out of their way for a buffet. I've never been disappointed by Donna's and will always go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more attention to details...TabbyHillDined on 5/10/2014Party of 4 w/reservation, seated at lopsided table next to a busy doorway...plenty of better tables available. Go figure (we moved ourselves). The Donna's mainstay burger has seriously deteriorated in quality-it was dry and tasteless, too much greasy bun, accompanied by lukewarm fries. Lamb meatballs were flavored well but polenta was thin and presentation was sloppy. Another Donna's signature item, meatloaf, was only fair. Mussels were still as expected - plentiful and well cooked and we enjoyed the salad with fried goat cheese. Skipped desserts.Special Features:
- Donna's is always tops !!!!rhkarenDined on 5/8/2014Donna's is always a dependable, delightful, delicious experience. Great menu items, high quality food, exceptional preparation, and top notch service are the norm when we dine (or lunch) at Donna's. Eat on the patio when the weather allows!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend orig Dresden GermanyATheaterFanAgainDined on 5/3/2014It was a bit hectic - but had help with a special dietary concern .. - asked to sit outside and could not do so - did not specify that on my "open table" reservation !! Met a few additional wait assistants, at least three maybe four .. including Donna herself! Interesting .. but not what I found at Donna's in the past .. Will try it again soon ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchKat13Dined on 4/27/2014Five of shared a birthday brunch and we loved the food! The veggies were the best and the free Mimosa was good. The price was very reasonable for all the food that is offered. Met Donna and she is charming. Where the buffet was set up was a little tight and they kept running out of dishes. Otherwise, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Great late night dinnerBaltimoreanNewYorker2Dined on 4/26/2014We came Saturday night. We ate salmon and meatloaf. Both are excellent. Wine also well priced. Our server was nice. Very good experience.Special Features:
- Very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014My waitress was Amy and she was very friendly. The food was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart PickSmartDinerDined on 4/23/2014When I made the reservation, I requested a quiet spot so my friend and I could easily converse. Tho the restaurant was not busy when we arrived, our table was already set, and we were very pleased with its location. We were very warmly welcomed by the hostess and our waitress. My friend was enthusiastically encouraged to 'create' her own salad by selecting her favorite ingredients from the grilled salmon fillet salad and the orange and beet salad. I had the western omelet, a delicious special of the day, that came with a side salad. To our surprise, Donna delivered our meals to us. Both of us miss the Donna's in Columbia and we were very pleased to have lunch at the Cross Keys location on our way to Sherwood Gardens in Guilford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect way to spend a birthdayCarolHDined on 4/20/2014My friends and I took advantage of the wonderful Easter brunch this year and couldn't have enjoyed it more. The buffet was filled with all our favorites--particularly Donna's famous roasted vegetables. The lamb chops were melt-in-your-mouth delectable and the tenderloin perfect. Our omelets were perfect and my buddy was so surprised and happy to find coddies included in the fabulous seafood station. The deserts were yummy--no surprise there and generally everything start to finish was wonderful. Add to that the gracious hosts and it was a perfect way to spend a birthday/Easter Sunday. Thanks everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donna's: Neighborhod Solid !TruFeebackVIPDined on 4/19/20145 star appetizer: Mediterranean mezze plate and the follow on entrée: lamb meatballs. Donna Crivello has operated one of the most reliable restaurants with seasonal menu changes, varied menu options and fair prices points. Full entrée selection or a burger / flatbread choices. Great patio in good weather with solid bar selections / wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2014It was very pleasant sitting outside. Our server was wonderful. The food we had (MahiMahi, Salmon, and Chicken Milanese) was all creatively done and very tasty. We had been at Donna's in some time, but truly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood diningTouristDined on 4/12/2014Great for a quick bite or a full meal. Menu is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried later on Saturday night.jazzVIPDined on 4/12/2014Tried later on Saturday night. Was less crowded and less noisy. Food was dependably good, if pricey. Service Again was terrible. Had to ask for napkins and silverware after we'd been there @ 10-15 minutes. Server was mostly inattentive and finally brought one setting, then another when asked again and basically threw iit at us. Was there an extra charge we missed on the menu? Have noted that consistently, bigger parties get better service. Wondered why that is?Special Features:
- disappointed with the serviceMargeDined on 4/12/2014I have been to Donna's for dinner several time. The food very good and service nice too. On a Saturday after a lacrosse game I called ahead and then took some friends to Donna's to sit outside, have a beer and a sandwich. While we were drinking our beer we were told that the lunch menu that we had been looking at was NO LONGER AVAILABLE. A more expensive dinner menu was given to us. If the waitress had come to us earlier and told the group that we had a deadline to order off the lunch menu, we would have. Unfortunately, we left and had a sandwich elsewhere.Special Features:
- If you can't go elsewhereStevelDined on 4/10/2014We were staying next door at the Radisson and there is no other option in the area so your stuck eating here. Service and food are ok, nothing special. They made a big deal about the fresh baked bread. It was good and we finished the basket and asked for more. We noticed when they brought seconds it was different bread and not fresh baked. I guess you only get fesh once. Unfortunately when staying in Cross Keys this is the only option. Also we asked for a Mojito and they said no they were out of mint, but there were Lamb Chops on the menu with fresh mint.
- We were surprised how crowdedfoodieforeverVIPDined on 4/6/2014We were surprised how crowded the restaurant was early on a Sunday evening, but we still received good service. We both enjoyed our entrees--the petite filet and the Moroccan lamb meatballs. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitcherooBalmerHonDined on 4/3/2014Our reservation was for Wed Apr 2 and we showed up on that date, and after being greeted by the hostess and then a very nice gentleman, we were seated. I mentioned several times to the hostess that we had a reservation and gave my last name. Our meal was served and after a lovely lunch, we departed. An hour or so later I received an email that our reservation had been cancelled by Donna's! I called Donna's, asked to speak to the manager and she told me they couldn't fix their error. I was told to make the same reservation for the next day and they would honor that. None of this felt good at all. It wasn't the truth. My friends and I like Donna's, but after this recent experience, we won't be rushing back.Special Features: