Donna's - Cross Keys
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Cross Keys
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: 4105327611x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Standford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
A word from Donna's - Cross Keys
From its roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Cross Keys has evolved to offering a full restaurant menu with fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Enjoy your meal with some of our premium wines, innovative cocktails or craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Donna's - Cross Keys - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Donna's - Cross Keys reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)neighborhood gem (106)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (61)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (48)special occasion (27)scenic view (27)kid-friendly (26)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Unjustly overlookedBmoreCityEaterDined on 9/29/2014I often forget about this place and shouldn't. Beautiful outdoor terrace and the "regulars" tend to eat early so it's easy to get a table after 7. Service was leisurely but friendly. Cocktails interesting and well (altho slowly!) made. Chicken milanese and grilled steak salad were flavorful, colorful, and tasty. Crispy Brussels sprouts were drowning in an overly tart vinegar bath. Pizza was bland and unmemorable (frozen crust?).Special Features:
- Great for outdoor diningLainieVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were very nicely accommodated on the outdoor deck, as we were a group of nine. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the view was lovely. Our waiter was relatively new, and did his best to accommodate a large order. Half of the group thought the food was just fair, and the rest said they liked what they ordered. I enjoyed my meal and cocktail. Personally, I would recommend Donna's. In fact, I will be dining there with good friend before the week is out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the perfect place...ColumbialocalDined on 9/27/2014to catch up with a friend over lunch! As always, the food was excellent. Service was very good. Wish that Donna would consider returning to Columbia at some point--we miss her interesting and always satisfying cuisine!
- reliably goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 9/25/2014Donna's is always reliably good. Meatloaf, hamburgers, fish, salads -- all prepared with care and delicious!Special Features:
- Ok FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was good but not great. It's an ok neighborhood place.Special Features:
- DissapointingHanksparDined on 9/20/2014As rather regular diner at Donna's for years, we have always enjoyed the great outdoor patio combined with a creative and consistently good kitchen. This past Saturday evening we introduced two friends to Donna's and on my recommendation all ordered clams for dinner. What used to be a full bowl was served as a half bowl and all at the table left hungry. Amy, an outstanding server, told Donna, the owner, of our complaint, and Donna did not have the courtesy to come out and talk to us. I am finding it difficult to consider returning.Special Features:
- lovesgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014menu had good variety & many good options,the lamb meatballs & fish specials were excellent. Portions were a good size. Interesting cocktail options- would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace Dining in SeptemberWendyVIPDined on 9/11/2014So nice to sit outside! Eating on the terrace is delightful.Good service,good food,good ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HealthyDeekayDined on 9/1/2014Love the veggie on flaxseed bread. Berriecrisp with icecreamSpecial Features:
- ReviewDmatous55Dined on 8/30/2014Service was great, mussels were fantastic, ceasar salad good, tuna tartare not good - too many ingredients/would have preferred a cleaner dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey, but goodChrisVIPDined on 8/29/2014My chili margarita was incredible, and my Kobe burger and veggies was excellent. My husband's lamb meatball was really good. It was a nice evening.Special Features:
- ChasnekaDined on 8/29/2014The specials & wine pairings are always a treat! The terrace is lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Out Of Town GuestWendyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Because I know the menu well and my out of town guest had never been there,I was pleased he took my suggestion if ordering the trout with kale salad,which he did like.The service was excellent.He had not planned on having dessert until I mentioned that all the desserts were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always enjoy eating at Donna's. The lawn mowers were the only thing that spoiled our experience b/c it was difficult for us to hear each other talk. Service and food were good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favorite place to dineLainieVIPDined on 8/24/2014This place has it for just about everything for my husband and I. Great for outdoor dining on any pretty evening, with a most beautiful view, and great menu with delicious food choices. Wonderful cocktails, too. Each time we've eaten here this summer season, we've had great waitresses and waiters. Always busy here! Can't wait for our next visit!!!Special Features:
- Allways Good!MarcVIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Donna's often, and always good. WE try to dine outside whenever possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Place for a Summer SupperWendyVIPDined on 8/19/2014A great place evening with a teenager for dinner out on the deck. My young friend loves Donna's soups and was not disappointed.A Gazpacho was on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!rhkarenDined on 8/15/2014You can count on a pleasant evening at Donna's, especially summer evenings on the patio. The food is always great, the service tops, and the experience terrific. Our go to for an easy enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Grilled salmon with pea purée and the always wonderful goat cheese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BKFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014I worked with Donna over the phone to plan a menu for a large reception site unseen. Donna was wonderful to work with and the food and service were outstanding. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!!audiogalDined on 8/6/2014Been going to Donna's for years and am never disappointed in her food or service. You've got to try her roasted veggies! They are the best!!! I like that she changes her menu and adds seasonal foods . Donna has herbs growing in big planters on the patio and at a Sunday brunch you will see Donna picking some of them. Also, the Sunday brunch is totally amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing againfrankcDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to various Donna's for about 20 years. The tiniest water glasses or really small G&T glasses. The waiter inferred that they were new for restaurant week? Say what? My entree, salmon with fennel, potatoes, exotic mushrooms and mint pea puree...... I asked to skip the puree --- The presentation was tiny on a large square plate. All the potatoes and mushroom were tucked under the salmon. Rubbery potatoes tasted like left overs from Brunch. Bland overall. While I was eating, a waiter brought a full salmon dish to the table next to me oblong dish. I only recall seeing one salmon entree on the menu and her's most certainly was not covered with a Mint pea puree. The waiter was not bad just not skilled.Special Features:
- Love Donna's!!audiogalDined on 8/3/2014Been going to Donna's for years and keep going back! Her Sunday Brunch is amazing and an unbeatable price for a drink and delicious assortment of seafood, omelets, meats, salads of many types (caprese, cucumber, guacamole, etc..), dessert and fruit. I always add an iced coffee at the end to sip and sit and relax!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe Hamburger w/FriesjraphiVIPDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the "Kobe Hamburger"; sent it back first time. It was so overdone and dry that I couldn't eat it. Second try; it was a little less dry but still not up to par. I didn't bother sending it back again because I didn't think it would help. A HAMBURGER FOR $18.00 SHOULD BE VERY GOOD, JUICY and TENDER IF NOT SPECTACULAR! I was really disappointed. The waiter was great and must have come over to our table 20 times during our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Donna's never disappoints; wonderful food in a casual yet elegant setting and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchEatingwellDined on 7/31/2014The food and service were outstanding. The room was quiet enough to talk but not too loud so we had to yell.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Buffet in towndunnsgrVIPDined on 7/27/2014A true bargain for a wonderful buffet. Spent twice as much at a downtown hotel for not nearly as good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great food, wine and service. Best spot for outdoor dining in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodfoxforce5VIPDined on 7/23/2014Donna's never disappoints. I love that the menu changes regularly, but there are a few standard "Donna's" dishes that I love and can count on to always be on the menu. Love, love the outdoor patio. And one of the few places that actually has great portion sizes. Wonderful, delicious, inventive meals that are a great value. We are so lucky to have Donna's in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014I took a large group to Donna's (13) for lunch. We were served by ONE server. When she brought out the food there was confusion over who got what. Why she could not simply have known based on seating who go what I don't know. The food was fair. Not much to rave about.
- A pleasant surprisethomnasVIPDined on 7/22/2014Known for coffee, I was a bit surprised by the full menu. The specials were light and fresh. Nice to have another choice for an impromptu dinner in the 'hood!Special Features:
- Tasty!HappydinerDined on 7/21/2014Donna's at Cross Keys has surpassed our expectations again. The trout with kale salad on the side is delicious. The gazpacho was delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoorsnathan10VIPDined on 7/20/2014We love going to Donna's to sit outside on the terrace. What a wonderful feeling to sit outside. The staff is extremely friendly, competent and always willing. We love going to the restaurant in the warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Happy that Donna's is trying out new menu items, but not in favor of the fixed price option. My salad and mussels were great but the strawberry shortcake was not real strawberry shortcake. The cake part was all wrong and we needed a magnifying glass to find the strawberries. Love the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Time for an UpdateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014The first thing that hits me is that the place is tired. The decor is worn and needs updating. On this evening the service was poor. Our server gave us less than a minute before asking for our order. Turned away, he returned about 2 minutes later. Relaxing was not an option. A simple dinner -- Prosecco, pomegranate tomato and basil pizza, and chocolate mousse cake was good, not great. The pizza was one of Donna's better, but there's that 3" center circle that is consistently soggy and unable to support the tomato chunks. The server was unable to describe the chocolate mousse cake but it was delicious -- rich and light and plenty to take home for late night snacking.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014This is a place for Baltimore ladies to lunch. The salads are large and generally good. I on the other hand had the tenderloin sandwich special. It was supposed to be medium rare BUT was well done. When I mentioned it to the waiter he said he did not cook it. A strange response I thought. That pretty much summed up the waiter's attitude overall.
- Neighborhood gemregularcustomerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again we were treated to fresh ingredients and well prepared dishes. The gazpacho was served with a topping of guacolmole - delicious. The mussels and the salmon were perfectly prepared and also delicious. The server told us we could not have the roasted vegetable salad at dinner, which we were later told we could have ordered. While the server was gracious, better guidance would have been helpful. A minor flaw.Special Features:
- Just right, mostly.ReppohanhteDined on 7/12/2014As far as the food and the service are concerned, Donna's maintains it's high standards. Generous portions attractively plated, served with the friendly concern of experienced wait staff. We dined early on a Saturday, not too many patrons at that moment, but busy and bustling when we were leaving. Nonetheless, attention continued to be paid to us and our needs. All the prices seemed fair and appropriate except one: the $13.50 martini. I don't know if this is the "new" cocktail tariff but we haven't encountered it anywhere else as yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencesuzyDined on 7/8/2014It seems that everytime our book group meets at Donna's it rains. Last Tuesday was no excception. The winds came, the rain poured and then we were treated to a golden sky and double rainbows. Through all of the weather the staff remained perfectly calm providing excellent service. And of course, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably lovelyMBHBmoreVIPDined on 7/4/2014We love Donna's in the warm weather months because it has lovely outdoor seating and good food. It's our go-to place when the weather is nice. Good selection of wine and great cocktails, and always good food.Special Features: