Donna's - Cross Keys
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Cross Keys
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: (410) 532-7611
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Standford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
A word from Donna's - Cross Keys
From its roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Cross Keys has evolved to offering a full restaurant menu with fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Enjoy your meal with some of our premium wines, innovative cocktails or craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Donna's - Cross Keys - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Donna's - Cross Keys reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (90)great for outdoor dining (87)great for lunch (57)fit for foodies (54)great for brunch (42)good for groups (39)special occasion (20)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (15)scenic view (14)romantic (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- jazzVIPDined on 11/24/2014good and convenient place for lunch or dinner. Approach of some of the regular servers to diners is blase and heavy on attitude. There are other options for local dining.Special Features:
- Esther2008Dined on 11/22/2014Wonderful food! First time dining experience at Donna's I didnt expect it to be so good!Special Features:
- Great experienceTerraDined on 11/16/2014All the food was delicious however the stand out food was the fresh fruit. The fruit was sweet, ripe & fresh! Buffet cook was tentative and friendly. The price for this buffet is slightly higher than one would expect for the limit selection of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enclosed In PlasticLoveToDineOutVIPDined on 11/9/2014We went to Donna's Cross Keys to dine outdoors, enjoy the scenic view, and be warmed by one of the pole heaters that we had experienced previously. We were extremely disappointed to see those heaters gone and the outdoor area enclosed in ugly, difficult to see through sheet plastic. We will now limit our visits only to warm months. So sad!Special Features:
- Still the Best Sunday Brunch BuffetdunnsgrVIPDined on 11/9/2014Best brunch buffet around. Great food beautifully done. Donna's does it right.Special Features:
- Great Food!SaturdayoutDined on 11/8/2014We recently enjoyed the meatloaf and the chicken Milanese. While both dishes are in the comfort food category, they were delicious and worth a return visit. The service was great. The space needs improvement as there is not much ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little diasappointedlocalVIPDined on 11/6/2014I have always enjoyed dining at Donna's. My appetizer was wonderful, polenta. My mussels did not seem fresh, and they were not hot. Our server was attentive. I will definitely go back, because this may have been an off evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchloverDined on 11/5/2014A previous meal at Donna's was very good but the recent dinner was not. Food was returned for reheating but was not much hotter. Table next to ours had three shouters. The waiter was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOBYVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great food and imaginative dishes. Excellent wine choices.Special Features:
- It Might Get Loud ...BGr8fulDined on 11/1/2014... I warned in my reservation request. I invited a few clever girlfriends for a little giggle get together, I wanted to make sure we could get a table where everyone could comfortably hear each other,and this place was perfect. The food at Donna's is reliably delish, everyone found something to suit their metabolism. One of our party ordered the salmon, and the sliced avocado looked a little sad, but everything else was fantastic and just as we've come to expect from Donna's. Easy to park, comfortable seating and we could talk and laugh and hear each other ... my friends thanked me for turning them on to this haven in between the city and the county.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014This past weekend, I met with friends to have lunch at Donna's at Cross Keys and it remains a consistently good dining experience, providing above average food at a reasonable price along with very pleasant service. Highly recommended for its Sunday brunch, or casual lunches or dinners.Special Features:
- vegetarian ??? soupbessDined on 10/28/2014I ordered what I was told was a vegan soup, which turned out to have sausage in it. Although the waiter was extremely apologetic, the owner came over and gave only a perfunctory apology.
- Nice night outHarvestDined on 10/24/2014Great service, good food and convenient location. Busy place!Special Features:
- RichardRichardVIPDined on 10/24/2014The lamb chops were not hot, a little too cold, but all other meals were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of experience at Donna'sGSx2Dined on 10/18/2014My request for no dressing on the salad was not heeded, so I could nor eat a good part of the roasted vegetables topped with salmon because I cannot eat salad dressing. There was not enough time to reorder the dish. The part that did not have the dressing was good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well done, Donna'squeenieDined on 10/16/2014We are new to Roland Park and were really hoping that Johnny's would be our neighborhood "go to" restaurant. Well, it did not turn out that way -- Johnny's is seriously flawed in all the places that Donna's is not. We can't walk to Donna's, but the drive is easy! And the food is worth it -- casual vibe, not loud at all, and seriously delicious food. The kids' menu is hearty and has enough choices. I did the prix fixe with baba ganouj (garlicky and good), shrimp with tomato, and dessert. My mother's calamari tasted fresh and had good crunch. The service was attentive and friendly. All in all, a well enjoyed evening in every way. Thanks, Donna, for filling a void!Special Features:
- A Nicce Place to Meet a FriendWendyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I usually go to Donna's by myself.It was nice to ask a friend to join me. The service was excellent.While the servers are expected to know the wine,this particular server was able to speak about the wine easily,asnwereing questions.Special Features:
- Always a very good choiceLainieVIPDined on 10/1/2014I've been to Donna's several times in the past week, and it's always consistently good. Weather for outdoor dining was perfect, waitress was very helpful, food was good. A very popular place for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Unjustly overlookedBmoreCityEaterDined on 9/29/2014I often forget about this place and shouldn't. Beautiful outdoor terrace and the "regulars" tend to eat early so it's easy to get a table after 7. Service was leisurely but friendly. Cocktails interesting and well (altho slowly!) made. Chicken milanese and grilled steak salad were flavorful, colorful, and tasty. Crispy Brussels sprouts were drowning in an overly tart vinegar bath. Pizza was bland and unmemorable (frozen crust?).Special Features:
- Great for outdoor diningLainieVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were very nicely accommodated on the outdoor deck, as we were a group of nine. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the view was lovely. Our waiter was relatively new, and did his best to accommodate a large order. Half of the group thought the food was just fair, and the rest said they liked what they ordered. I enjoyed my meal and cocktail. Personally, I would recommend Donna's. In fact, I will be dining there with good friend before the week is out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the perfect place...ColumbialocalDined on 9/27/2014to catch up with a friend over lunch! As always, the food was excellent. Service was very good. Wish that Donna would consider returning to Columbia at some point--we miss her interesting and always satisfying cuisine!
- reliably goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 9/25/2014Donna's is always reliably good. Meatloaf, hamburgers, fish, salads -- all prepared with care and delicious!Special Features:
- Ok FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was good but not great. It's an ok neighborhood place.Special Features:
- DissapointingHanksparVIPDined on 9/20/2014As rather regular diner at Donna's for years, we have always enjoyed the great outdoor patio combined with a creative and consistently good kitchen. This past Saturday evening we introduced two friends to Donna's and on my recommendation all ordered clams for dinner. What used to be a full bowl was served as a half bowl and all at the table left hungry. Amy, an outstanding server, told Donna, the owner, of our complaint, and Donna did not have the courtesy to come out and talk to us. I am finding it difficult to consider returning.Special Features:
- lovesgoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014menu had good variety & many good options,the lamb meatballs & fish specials were excellent. Portions were a good size. Interesting cocktail options- would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace Dining in SeptemberWendyVIPDined on 9/11/2014So nice to sit outside! Eating on the terrace is delightful.Good service,good food,good ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HealthyDeekayDined on 9/1/2014Love the veggie on flaxseed bread. Berriecrisp with icecreamSpecial Features:
- ReviewDmatous55Dined on 8/30/2014Service was great, mussels were fantastic, ceasar salad good, tuna tartare not good - too many ingredients/would have preferred a cleaner dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey, but goodChrisVIPDined on 8/29/2014My chili margarita was incredible, and my Kobe burger and veggies was excellent. My husband's lamb meatball was really good. It was a nice evening.Special Features:
- ChasnekaDined on 8/29/2014The specials & wine pairings are always a treat! The terrace is lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Out Of Town GuestWendyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Because I know the menu well and my out of town guest had never been there,I was pleased he took my suggestion if ordering the trout with kale salad,which he did like.The service was excellent.He had not planned on having dessert until I mentioned that all the desserts were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always enjoy eating at Donna's. The lawn mowers were the only thing that spoiled our experience b/c it was difficult for us to hear each other talk. Service and food were good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favorite place to dineLainieVIPDined on 8/24/2014This place has it for just about everything for my husband and I. Great for outdoor dining on any pretty evening, with a most beautiful view, and great menu with delicious food choices. Wonderful cocktails, too. Each time we've eaten here this summer season, we've had great waitresses and waiters. Always busy here! Can't wait for our next visit!!!Special Features:
- Allways Good!MarcVIPDined on 8/24/2014We go to Donna's often, and always good. WE try to dine outside whenever possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Place for a Summer SupperWendyVIPDined on 8/19/2014A great place evening with a teenager for dinner out on the deck. My young friend loves Donna's soups and was not disappointed.A Gazpacho was on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!rhkarenVIPDined on 8/15/2014You can count on a pleasant evening at Donna's, especially summer evenings on the patio. The food is always great, the service tops, and the experience terrific. Our go to for an easy enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Grilled salmon with pea purée and the always wonderful goat cheese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BKFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014I worked with Donna over the phone to plan a menu for a large reception site unseen. Donna was wonderful to work with and the food and service were outstanding. Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!!audiogalDined on 8/6/2014Been going to Donna's for years and am never disappointed in her food or service. You've got to try her roasted veggies! They are the best!!! I like that she changes her menu and adds seasonal foods . Donna has herbs growing in big planters on the patio and at a Sunday brunch you will see Donna picking some of them. Also, the Sunday brunch is totally amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing againfrankcDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to various Donna's for about 20 years. The tiniest water glasses or really small G&T glasses. The waiter inferred that they were new for restaurant week? Say what? My entree, salmon with fennel, potatoes, exotic mushrooms and mint pea puree...... I asked to skip the puree --- The presentation was tiny on a large square plate. All the potatoes and mushroom were tucked under the salmon. Rubbery potatoes tasted like left overs from Brunch. Bland overall. While I was eating, a waiter brought a full salmon dish to the table next to me oblong dish. I only recall seeing one salmon entree on the menu and her's most certainly was not covered with a Mint pea puree. The waiter was not bad just not skilled.Special Features: