Donna's - Cross Keys
5100 Falls Road
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Donna's - Cross Keys
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donnas.com/
- Phone: 4105327611
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Ian Standford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Donna's is well done for it's sandwich and salad platters, and can also cater any level of luncheon or dinner party
A word from Donna's - Cross Keys
From its roots as Baltimore's leading coffee bar/cafe, Donna's Cross Keys has evolved to offering a full restaurant menu with fresh, inventive, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine. Enjoy your meal with some of our premium wines, innovative cocktails or craft beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Donna's - Cross Keys - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Donna's - Cross Keys reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (130)neighborhood gem (113)great for lunch (75)great for brunch (72)fit for foodies (65)good for groups (51)special occasion (30)kid-friendly (30)scenic view (29)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Place for Out Of Town GuestWendyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Because I know the menu well and my out of town guest had never been there,I was pleased he took my suggestion if ordering the trout with kale salad,which he did like.The service was excellent.He had not planned on having dessert until I mentioned that all the desserts were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Always enjoy eating at Donna's. The lawn mowers were the only thing that spoiled our experience b/c it was difficult for us to hear each other talk. Service and food were good as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Place for a Summer SupperWendyVIPDined on 8/19/2014A great place evening with a teenager for dinner out on the deck. My young friend loves Donna's soups and was not disappointed.A Gazpacho was on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!rhkarenDined on 8/15/2014You can count on a pleasant evening at Donna's, especially summer evenings on the patio. The food is always great, the service tops, and the experience terrific. Our go to for an easy enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Grilled salmon with pea purée and the always wonderful goat cheese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite!!audiogalDined on 8/6/2014Been going to Donna's for years and am never disappointed in her food or service. You've got to try her roasted veggies! They are the best!!! I like that she changes her menu and adds seasonal foods . Donna has herbs growing in big planters on the patio and at a Sunday brunch you will see Donna picking some of them. Also, the Sunday brunch is totally amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing againfrankcDined on 8/3/2014I've been going to various Donna's for about 20 years. The tiniest water glasses or really small G&T glasses. The waiter inferred that they were new for restaurant week? Say what? My entree, salmon with fennel, potatoes, exotic mushrooms and mint pea puree...... I asked to skip the puree --- The presentation was tiny on a large square plate. All the potatoes and mushroom were tucked under the salmon. Rubbery potatoes tasted like left overs from Brunch. Bland overall. While I was eating, a waiter brought a full salmon dish to the table next to me oblong dish. I only recall seeing one salmon entree on the menu and her's most certainly was not covered with a Mint pea puree. The waiter was not bad just not skilled.Special Features:
- Love Donna's!!audiogalDined on 8/3/2014Been going to Donna's for years and keep going back! Her Sunday Brunch is amazing and an unbeatable price for a drink and delicious assortment of seafood, omelets, meats, salads of many types (caprese, cucumber, guacamole, etc..), dessert and fruit. I always add an iced coffee at the end to sip and sit and relax!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kobe Hamburger w/FriesjraphiVIPDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the "Kobe Hamburger"; sent it back first time. It was so overdone and dry that I couldn't eat it. Second try; it was a little less dry but still not up to par. I didn't bother sending it back again because I didn't think it would help. A HAMBURGER FOR $18.00 SHOULD BE VERY GOOD, JUICY and TENDER IF NOT SPECTACULAR! I was really disappointed. The waiter was great and must have come over to our table 20 times during our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/1/2014Donna's never disappoints; wonderful food in a casual yet elegant setting and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchEatingwellDined on 7/31/2014The food and service were outstanding. The room was quiet enough to talk but not too loud so we had to yell.Special Features:
- Best Brunch Buffet in towndunnsgrVIPDined on 7/27/2014A true bargain for a wonderful buffet. Spent twice as much at a downtown hotel for not nearly as good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014Great food, wine and service. Best spot for outdoor dining in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodfoxforce5VIPDined on 7/23/2014Donna's never disappoints. I love that the menu changes regularly, but there are a few standard "Donna's" dishes that I love and can count on to always be on the menu. Love, love the outdoor patio. And one of the few places that actually has great portion sizes. Wonderful, delicious, inventive meals that are a great value. We are so lucky to have Donna's in our neighborhood!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014I took a large group to Donna's (13) for lunch. We were served by ONE server. When she brought out the food there was confusion over who got what. Why she could not simply have known based on seating who go what I don't know. The food was fair. Not much to rave about.
- A pleasant surprisethomnasVIPDined on 7/22/2014Known for coffee, I was a bit surprised by the full menu. The specials were light and fresh. Nice to have another choice for an impromptu dinner in the 'hood!Special Features:
- Tasty!HappydinerDined on 7/21/2014Donna's at Cross Keys has surpassed our expectations again. The trout with kale salad on the side is delicious. The gazpacho was delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoorsnathan10VIPDined on 7/20/2014We love going to Donna's to sit outside on the terrace. What a wonderful feeling to sit outside. The staff is extremely friendly, competent and always willing. We love going to the restaurant in the warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Happy that Donna's is trying out new menu items, but not in favor of the fixed price option. My salad and mussels were great but the strawberry shortcake was not real strawberry shortcake. The cake part was all wrong and we needed a magnifying glass to find the strawberries. Love the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Time for an UpdateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014The first thing that hits me is that the place is tired. The decor is worn and needs updating. On this evening the service was poor. Our server gave us less than a minute before asking for our order. Turned away, he returned about 2 minutes later. Relaxing was not an option. A simple dinner -- Prosecco, pomegranate tomato and basil pizza, and chocolate mousse cake was good, not great. The pizza was one of Donna's better, but there's that 3" center circle that is consistently soggy and unable to support the tomato chunks. The server was unable to describe the chocolate mousse cake but it was delicious -- rich and light and plenty to take home for late night snacking.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014This is a place for Baltimore ladies to lunch. The salads are large and generally good. I on the other hand had the tenderloin sandwich special. It was supposed to be medium rare BUT was well done. When I mentioned it to the waiter he said he did not cook it. A strange response I thought. That pretty much summed up the waiter's attitude overall.
- Neighborhood gemregularcustomerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again we were treated to fresh ingredients and well prepared dishes. The gazpacho was served with a topping of guacolmole - delicious. The mussels and the salmon were perfectly prepared and also delicious. The server told us we could not have the roasted vegetable salad at dinner, which we were later told we could have ordered. While the server was gracious, better guidance would have been helpful. A minor flaw.Special Features:
- Just right, mostly.ReppohanhteDined on 7/12/2014As far as the food and the service are concerned, Donna's maintains it's high standards. Generous portions attractively plated, served with the friendly concern of experienced wait staff. We dined early on a Saturday, not too many patrons at that moment, but busy and bustling when we were leaving. Nonetheless, attention continued to be paid to us and our needs. All the prices seemed fair and appropriate except one: the $13.50 martini. I don't know if this is the "new" cocktail tariff but we haven't encountered it anywhere else as yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencesuzyDined on 7/8/2014It seems that everytime our book group meets at Donna's it rains. Last Tuesday was no excception. The winds came, the rain poured and then we were treated to a golden sky and double rainbows. Through all of the weather the staff remained perfectly calm providing excellent service. And of course, the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably lovelyMBHBmoreDined on 7/4/2014We love Donna's in the warm weather months because it has lovely outdoor seating and good food. It's our go-to place when the weather is nice. Good selection of wine and great cocktails, and always good food.Special Features:
- Great PlaceMarcVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food is great, excellent service and enjoyable sitting outside on a summers eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceNLJF4VIPDined on 6/28/2014Service by Sara was great. She represents Donna's to a tea. The food was very good, although one hen dish was served well done on the outside, but very pink near the bones. The other was served not as well done on the outside, but was done through and through. Taste was fennel fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!jcrockDined on 6/23/2014The meu was nventive without being precious, and our party of four was happy with every dish we ordered - in a high-end strip mall with free parking, and rather elegant once you're inside. Service was friendly but professional.Special Features:
- Fantastic findchinamamaDined on 6/22/2014Great value for the price! Full, varied, and delicious lunch buffet. We made 3 separate reservations on Open Table to cover a very large group, and when some people didn't come as expected, they cheerfully re-configured the tables to accommodate those who did. Highly recommended for brunch, indoors or outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Always a good experience at Donna's; a great neighborhood find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kshof409Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to Donna's for at least 10 years but after our last time there plan to never return. Awful experience. Sat for 40 minutes and our waiter still hadn't even come over yet to take our drink orders. Had to walk to the front of the restaurant to grab the manager and he apologized and promised us "lots of free stuff". He sent the waiter over finally and they took our order, then we waited another 45 minutes and by this point still didn't even have drinks or a bread basket and were so starving that we left. We told the manager what had happened as we were walking out and he really seemed to care less.
- Great neighborhood gem!TouristDined on 6/19/2014I live in the Village of Cross Keys and visit Donnas quite often. I was pleasantly surprised at the addition of a Prix Fix, wine paring menu......it was great! I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!jodyzDined on 6/17/2014Always an enjoyable meal there! Especially nice eating outdoors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful buffet brunch!reviewerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I've always loved the regular menu, but the Father's Day buffet brunch was even better. Beautiful food, plentiful and characteristically Donna's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrownfoodgroupieDined on 6/14/2014Disappointed with listed wine, Savignon Blanc, not available. My husbands wine came in a dirty glass, no attention to detail! 2 glasses of wine had bugs in the bottom of glasses - discussing! Waiter, Chaz, tried real hard to please us ! Appreciated his service. Never heard from manager , although they took 2 dessert charges off the bill.Special Features:
- Consistently goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 6/11/2014Sat outside at a quiet table so we could talk, a rarity these days. Trout and steak salad were excellent. Service was attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday CelebrationWendyVIPDined on 6/9/2014Each year I gather a few friends to join me for a birthday dinner. I usually go in a day or so before to choose the server.It turned out I did not know the current ones yet the one assigned was terrific. She did a great job with keeping up with the changes in the number of guests and in general.The food and ambience were both great! And then the cake came as a total surprise,ordered by my sister in Connecticut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnasNortheastBevDined on 6/7/2014Dinner at donnas was outstanding! Efficient and pleasant service! Food was impeccable! Lamb meatballs were huge. Took some home and had lunch for next day. We were fortunate to have good weather and able to sit outside. Lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad2boutDined on 6/7/2014Dinner was very good. Their new menu was a hit. I had the potato encrusted mahi mahi. It was a very generous portion. My companion had the petite filet cooked rare and cut like butter. Finished it with Taharka ice cream. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinningVinceDined on 5/31/2014Went to Donna's on a Saturday evening and the weather was great so we dinned outside. The food and the service were what we expected whis is great. Overall i would recommend to anyone who enjoys a memorable dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.