Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/don-vitos.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Joseph Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
When Italian cuisine strikes your fancy, Don Vito’s is the place to whet your appetite. Our culinary team starts with the freshest ingredients and transforms them into traditional favorites Don Vito’s regulars rave about. Start with a Caprese style salad of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella Chef Angelo makes by hand. Next, on to homemade gnocchi or ravioli, two other local favorites. Savory soups, freshly baked breads, seafood flown in daily, and a wide variety of Italian desserts are showcased in this stylishly appointed specialty room. Attentive and accommodating service will make your pre-show dinner, special occasion, or night on the town an even more memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (54)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (29)notable wine list (25)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We try and visit this restaurant each time we are in Vegas..........it is always great!Special Features:
- Great Local Dining ExperienceTerriRDined on 8/25/2014Don Vito's consistently has great service and great food. Nice atmossphere which is just as good for a romantic dinner as it is for a large group. Servers and staff are all attentive and cater to your needs.Special Features:
- Not so hotVegasgalDined on 8/25/2014Don Vito's has served wonderful meals in the past, so it was double disappointing to have a so-so meal this visit. Lemon mousse had no flavor, fish done perfectly but no flavor in the sauce, shrimp ravioli blah, even side of pasta had watery bland sauce, no garnish. Expresso sauce on the pork loin? BBQ flavor only - no coffee aspect. 3 very tiny scallops in the appetizer - but the lemon butter sauce as good.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We decided to "discover" new places during Restaurant Week. Don Vito's is an Italian restaurant that offers more than just meatballs and sausages. There were three in our party and we each got a different appetizer because they all sounded delicious. And they all were: scallops on the half shell, black pasta shrimp ravioli, and prosciutto-wrapped field greens. Two of us had the branzino (whitefish) and one had the pork chop. Everything was cooked perfectly. Also, the service was impeccable. Johnny was very helpful in suggesting a wine that went perfectly with the fish. He and the other servers throughout the courses were so precise and polite. The menu is on the pricey side, but Don Vito's is absolutely worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantJackDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Don Vito's many times. Always consistently good! Great menu to choose from and great wine list. Ian is an excellent server!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!WcatinLVDined on 8/22/2014We've lived in Henderson for almost 3 years and have enjoyed shows at Southpoint and dinner at several restaurants within the casino. We had never tried Don Vito's but saw that it was on Restaurant week and we were impressed by the menu selection and the cost for dinner. We were both surprised at how great everything was. The service was spot on and the food was wonderful (even the 2nd day with leftovers). We will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuzyHDDined on 8/22/2014Went for Restaurant Week menu which I enjoyed very much. The fish was cooked properly and very tasty. Our scallop appetizer was also good although the scallops were a little small. Our ice cream desert, "The Best". Would definitely recommend Don Vito's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014This is the second time we dined at Don Vitos. The staff is very nice as is the ambiance. Overall the food was good with the exception of the $36 lobster tail milanaise which was dry and tough. Since we were celebrating a birthday, we did not send it back as it deserved to be. We love caesar salad which, when made properly, includes anchovies. They do not use anchovies and when we inquired about bringing some on the side, we were told there was a $2 upcharge.Special Features:
- LVMOMDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I were very disappointed in the food that we ordered. First of all the server said they had only caesar salad or 3 different types of soup, so we ordered the salad. It was very dry, hardly any dressing on it and even when I asked for extra dressing it did not help the taste. We found out later that we could have ordered a house salad but we were not told that we could substitute. I ordered Rigatoni Vito and the sausages where hard as a rock and the marinara sauce was tasteless. My husband order the Fra Diavalo and was totally disappointed. Tasteless again. We did enjoy the rolls with the garlic and tomato dip. Maybe it was an off night with the chef. We will try again in the near future and hope it will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadtoniDined on 8/16/2014I've been here twice in the last 30 days, the service is excellent. Would highly recommend to friends. Everyone in our party of 8 seemed to enjoy their meals, I know I did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MM1554Dined on 8/16/2014Good food, great ambiance and fair prices. This was probably my tenth visit to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!JJMHDined on 8/16/2014Was the best Italian dinner I have had. Service was exceptional and the evening was delightful!Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We were a party of ten.The Osso Buco was stringy and hard to chew.Friends had eggplant parmesan and said it was all bread crumb and little eggplant.I thought the assistant waitress was a little rude. The regular restaurant was very good. Your bread and garlic oil is still the best. Also everyone thought the ten dollar fee to share an entree was a little highI would recommend this to a friend.
- Rona49Dined on 8/16/2014Great ambience. Excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outBillVIPDined on 8/16/2014Don Vito's continues to have great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againRayxDined on 8/13/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- too bad!! won't be backjazz4jerDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I have been coming to South Point for a long time and we always have dinner at Don Vito's. Last Wednesday 8-13-2014, my wife and I and four of our friends came for dinner. We had reservations and were seated right away. Then we had to wait for a waiter for a long time. The waiter finally came and delivered some rolls and olives in oil. The rolls were so hard we could not eat them. We never saw our waiter again until our meals arrived. The food was not up to par to what we had before . Our friends said their meals were not that good also. I'm sorry to say we will not be back.
- vodka3660Dined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has lost its way. The menu never seems to change and the quality of the food and service is lacking. I use to frequent this restaurant on a regular basis and did always recommend to friends, but I will no longer do so. TOO BAD!
- Fine Dining South Point HotelN2tiquesDined on 8/3/2014We have eaten here twice during our stays at South Point Hotel & Casino and each time has been a terrific experience. From the moment you are taken to your table the excellence in service becomes apparent. There are so many great choices on the menu as well as the wine list. A must when staying at this hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCharVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been locals for a year now and having been pleased with Silverado and Primarily Prime Rib we were looking forward to our dinner at Don Vitos. The stiffed mushrooms and our entrees, linguini with clams and a chicken dish with olives and artichokes, were at best marginal. The caesar salad was over loaded with cheese and they charged an extra $2 to have a few anchovies placed on top. We see no reason to go back to Don Vitos and now have an appreciation for the mixed reviewes.
- Great Service and Great FoodBillVIPDined on 8/2/2014Johnny is the best and the Staff is always very courteous. We always look forward to our evening meals in Don Vito's at South Point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-time favorite!TrishsoDined on 7/29/2014My husband & I always look forward to an evening at Don Vito's whenever we visit Las Vegas. The food, service and ambiance are consistently outstanding, and the prices remain very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experienceLove2eatDined on 7/26/2014When we went it took a while for the waitress to come to get our drink and food order. Then that night there was a party of about 20 to 25 girls which were loud. Typically when I eat here its great but the food wasn't has good. Maybe because the cooks were slammed to due that big order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird Seating RequiredHeshieDined on 7/24/2014We are regulars at Don Vito's. It is one of our favorite restaurants. That said, there is a caveat the diner should be aware of to maximize enjoyment. First, come between 5 and 6 PM. Thereafter its gets too noisy for us and the servers get extremely busy especially with conventioneers, and you lose a little of that personal attention some of our favorite servers have. The food is excellent, the menu eclectic, value excellent.Special Features:
- Very comfortable place.FoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nothing special but very consistent. I love their staff!
- Mixed food reviewDonDDined on 7/23/2014My wife had the Chilean sea bass and did not like it. Too greasy. This fish has enough oil inherently and the preparation was too greasy. The spagetti and meatballs however was very good. The meatballs could have been more flavorful but the noodles and sauce were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- olsailorDined on 7/22/2014This is a restaurant we visit every time we go to Las Vegas. Great ambiance and equally great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodKm1947Dined on 7/21/2014This Italian restaurant in Southpointe Casino is a real find. We saw it last year when we were gambling in the casino. Each summer when we visit Vegas we try a different Italian restaurant. The restaurant itself is very classy with beautiful decor. The service is friendly and welcoming. The food was wonderful. Four members of our party had chicken Parmesan with the fifth person having the veal Parmesan. Our starters were soups and Caesar salads which were excellent. The dinner rolls were the best. We were all too full for dessert, but I'm sure it would have been a great end to a wonderful evening. This restaurant is a must visit for anyone in the area. We will definitely put that on our list of must eat there again.Special Features:
- Joe50Dined on 7/20/2014Good food, friendly and knowledgeable staff, quiet atmosphere. When we are in Las Vegas we always stop foe dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLyneDined on 7/20/2014One of my favourite restaurants. Have eaten there every time I'm in Vegas and have never had any complaints. Can't say enough positive things about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014While the service was impeccable, I found this overpriced and pasta way under cooked. I get al dente but this was not acceptable. I did inform the wait staff and they replied they would inform the chef. Salad nothing special. Bread was fresh and hot. Not worth the price.Special Features:
- Don Vito'sJOYCEDined on 7/17/2014Don Vito's is a favorite restaurant with great service. Food is good with nice, large portions. This last time though I ordered Eggplant Parmesan and it was topped with way too much cheese, almost drowning out the eggplant. I would recommend the restaurant, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent.FayzieDined on 7/5/2014Don Vito's is always consistent in service and good quality food. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The Chilean Sea Bass is always excellent and the portion is much more than I can finish. Thsnks for making our 57th wedding anniversary a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 7/5/2014I was a little disappointed because we had to wait too long for the entree. Also I stated that it was a birthday celebration and no one even commented on my husband's birthday. I was a little disappointed as we live near South Point and enjoy the restaurants. We are also card holders. Pam DreyerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatRayxDined on 6/29/2014great food, best service in town.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Outstanding RestaurantDeucesWildDined on 6/25/2014Don Vito's Restaurant located inside the South Point Casino is fantastic. Food is wonderful, staff is friendly. Special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romanceLasVegasTransplantDined on 6/19/2014Don Vito's Italian restaurant is a great place to go for a special occasion. The food is terrific and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner experienceluv2dineVIPDined on 6/19/2014We met friends at don Vito while in Las vegas. We had the most wonderful dining experience with great food and service! Be sure to try this wonderful restaurant. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisterGDined on 6/15/2014My family has been eating at Don Vito's for a few years now, usually for special occasions. We have never been dissapointed. The food and service are always excellent. We always look forward to going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.MrAsherMaradDined on 6/13/2014We were treated perfectly. The good was excellent and the prices weren't terrible for what you get. This is a nice restaurant and I would highly recommend not taking kids there (not sure if they are even allowed). Expect about 30 bucks per person for an entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.