Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/don-vitos.php
- Phone: (702) 797-8075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Joseph Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
When Italian cuisine strikes your fancy, Don Vito’s is the place to whet your appetite. Our culinary team starts with the freshest ingredients and transforms them into traditional favorites Don Vito’s regulars rave about. Start with a Caprese style salad of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella Chef Angelo makes by hand. Next, on to homemade gnocchi or ravioli, two other local favorites. Savory soups, freshly baked breads, seafood flown in daily, and a wide variety of Italian desserts are showcased in this stylishly appointed specialty room. Attentive and accommodating service will make your pre-show dinner, special occasion, or night on the town an even more memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (46)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (21)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- great placeHarveyVIPDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful staff. they take of everything.food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Italian GemJoAnneMK22Dined on 5/30/2014Our dinner was excellent. Food was hot and as we ordered. No mistakes. Waiter and bus boy attentive to our needs. Bottle of wine ordered off the wine list was good and affordable. As always, we will continue to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining atmospherediningwithfriendsDined on 5/29/2014A group of us made reservations, very easy to make online. We were greeted and promptly taken to our table. The atmosphere was quiet which allowed our group to converse with one another without having to raise our voices or ask someone to repeat what was said. The service was incredible, never an empty glass, and the timing of each meal was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service,IzzyDined on 5/28/2014we were waiting over 20 minutes before the first attended shows up while the restaurant was approximately 15% occupied. one of our meal that we ordered was veal parmesan, the meat was to hard so we have to returned it back. the other meals was ok. it was my daughter 27 years old birthday dinner. we were company of four people. we had this meal veal parmesan in many other restaurant all over and it is totally different. we did not enjoy the evening sorrySpecial Features:
- Fantastic Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2014Had family visiting, wanted to go somewhere nice, this place was amazing! The service and food were outstanding. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Foodbobe0212Dined on 5/25/2014I was a little skeptical about a restaurant with a "cute" name attached to a casino well off the Las Vegas Strip, but it was convenient, so we gave it a try. We wound up having a very enjoyable meal in a quiet setting at a reasonable price. The food was delicious, the service was attentive but not intrusive, and the wine selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ribeye SteaksBillVIPDined on 5/24/2014Don Vito's Italian Restaurant not only has great Italian food but also great steaks. We wanted to switch things up a little this visit to Don Vito's in the Southpoint Casino so we ordered their Ribeye chef special. The steaks were cooked to our liking, tender and delicious. One thing we cannot get away from is the coconut sorbet. We have it every time we dine at Don Vito's. It is so delightful to have Johnny as our server. He is professional and attentive. The manager and all the staff are friendly and accommodating - making our dining experience complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014During our stay, we ate in the Venetian at an upscale Italian restaurant. It was nice ambiance but not great food. Last minute we decided to grab a reservation at Don Vito's. It was great service and yummy food.
- Great saladHalfsenseDined on 5/17/2014If you enjoy Gorgonzola cheese be sure to order the Gorgonzola, blue cheese and pear salad. It is large enough to easily share with one or two other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Can't wait to return!! This place is great and I would totally recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don Vito's At The Southpoint CasinoJOYCEVIPDined on 5/14/2014Don Vito's is consistently a wonderful restaurant. Good food, great service and nice atmosphere. Lately they raised their prices which was a surprise when we ate there last week. Some entrees do not warrant the higher prices.Special Features:
- All Good1HatTrickOutDined on 5/13/2014Everything was just great, except for my Espresso Rubbed Rib eye. The Stuffed Mushrooms were good, but we were not sure if one of the mushrooms had raw sausage in it. The shrimp app was off the hook. The Vegan pasta dish satisfied our most complicated guest. The Filet had no complaints. But the Rib Eye, it was so tough, I really had trouble just cutting it. I could not find an edible place on that steak. I always order Rib Eye steak because I know that because of the marbling, I will have a tasty tender cut. Fortunately for us, we were all full from the apps, and bread. The server noticed I had not eaten the steak, and offered to fix it. I assured him that we were all full anyway. Bottom line, good food, good service, and a terrible steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DaygrippDined on 5/11/2014The whole day was great and then the evening dinner topped if offSpecial Features:
- A casino gemexplorerDined on 5/10/2014Service was fantastic since there was a server and a clean up person. Food arrived very hot and the presentation and quantity was very good. Excellent usage of fresh ingredients like broccoli rabe. Not a huge menu but there were many unique dishes the I have only seen at this restaurant. Waiter kept checking to see if we were happy with food, etc. I would suggest reservaions as it is very busy at times.Special Features:
- Don Vito's ExperienceMsCullyPegasus77Dined on 5/10/2014My Wife and I had a great time. We got the private booth we requested.Glen our waiter did a great job.I told him it was my wife's birthday and he surprise her with a birthday cake.We will be back in june for two nights,see you then. Michael and Susan CullitanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticvegaspilotDined on 5/3/2014Great dinning experience from the moment you walk in the front door till you leave. Food is authentic and a true experience. Service it top notch. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSuzanneDined on 4/30/2014My husband and I ate at Don Vito's twice during our six night stay at SouthPoint. We were so impressed the first time, we brought my sister to join us the second time. We would highly recommend eating there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bad experience.StreaklessDined on 4/29/2014I ordered a filet. It had a terrible sauce on it. I didn't want it butterflied. Took a bite and that was it. Waitress told me it would take a half-hour for another one.
- W-E-L-L...Bece2Dined on 4/26/2014AMBIENCE-3- OK, curved booths along wall. NOISE-2- SERVICE-2- my 1st drink, average wait time. Remaining table guest- slow drinks, multiple wait people (seemed like one for water, one for menu's, one for completion of table set up for 4 people & they still forgot the two extra bread plates, one to PICK UP the menu's BEFORE we placed our order, then finally the REAL WAITER FOOD-2- I had Vegan Pasta -ok. My (Italian) niece ordered Spag / Meatballs. The meatballs were like cornmeal / pink color-GROSS. She asked the waiter 'WHAT' kind of meat are these??? He said, "Lots of people ask -& IF THEY ARE COOKED,the 'one you are eating is veal" said like more of a question than a statement. Not on my "Return list".
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Overall experience was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servieOrdersDined on 4/24/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. It's very relaxing and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperiencealhlvstoeatoutDined on 4/22/2014Our party of four was seated immediately. When I made my reservations on Open Table I requested a table instead of a booth and they listened. I informed them it was my husbands 76th birthday and they acknowledge it with a delicious cake. Our waiter and his assistant were very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed for our dining experience. I requested a chicken dish fixed different than what was on their menu and they accommodated me, no problem. To me, that shows they are a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must eat restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We were very impressed with the food,wine and the dessert. We have eaten at Don Vito's many times and were not disappointed as usual. Service was good as it always is. We will continue to celebrate special occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a casino restaurantKittensDined on 4/13/2014Food was very good through all the courses. The bread with a roasted garlic bruschetta was a great way to start the meal. The wine list was very nice and priced within reason. We had the appetizer of Fried Artichokes, they were done just right. Our Caesars salad was prepared perfectly and arrived on time. Our main courses were the bacon wrapped scallops which were excellent but the gnocchi were too doughy. They were a disappointment. Deserts were superb as was the after dinner coffees and ports. Because it was our anniversary, the served us 2 flutes of Proscecco. Nice touch. Our service was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoy the food and serviceWonderfulDined on 4/5/2014We enjoy the food and service every time we eat there. It's outstanding in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsBrunchDined on 4/5/2014Entrees include a choice of Caesar salad or soup. The Caesar salad here is marginal so we each opted for a cup of minestrone soup which was hearty. We were also served warm rolls plus the always excellent EVO, roasted garlic and tomato dipping sauce. Our entrees were eggplant Parmesan - lightly breaded eggplant, marinara, ricotta and mozzarella. This meal never fails to fills us up so we once again opted to take our free, with fun book coupons, slices of tiramisu to go.
- best Italian everMarineMatDined on 4/4/2014Everything from appetizers to desserts was great. Alfredo our waiter was terrific. Only thing missing was doing something special for my daughter in law as it was her b-day. I think he got busy and forgot. No big deal as we ordered two great desserts anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osso BucoTFWThomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Saturday is the only day to get Osso Boco (a special) and it is worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ask more questionseddieDined on 3/29/2014I made the mistake of assuming my pasta dish would be marinara sauce and it was a creamy red sauce, possibly a vodka sauce. The menu did not state the kind of sauce. Being health conscious I did not care for the cream sauce. My error, however if the menu was more detailed about the sauce I would have asked for marinara. Ate sparingly, did not complain.Special Features:
- it was okayNickyDined on 3/28/2014Not someplace I would choose to go unless I was staying at the Southpoint and did not want to leave. Even then there are better on property chooses.
- Relax and Enjoy!marcieDined on 3/27/2014This is great way to unwind at the end of a busy day. From the moment I entered I was treated with respect. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. Everything we were served was excellent and at the proper temperature. We will definately return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre service, decent foodvirtualdrummerDined on 3/23/2014The food here is decent, not spectacular, but overall good. The service was pretty weak. We stood at the host stand for 5 minutes without acknowledgement, and then the hostess ran by us on the way to find someone else, again without acknowledgement. Our waitress was lifeless, and drinks came out very slowly.
- Italian at its bestBillVIPDined on 3/22/2014We love dining at Don Vito's at the South Point Casino so much. The staff is very friendly and professional. The service with Johnny is such a joy. He remembers us by name and also what we like and how we like it. Every time it is the same - Awesome!Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!LasVegas2014Dined on 3/22/2014It was a wonderful experience dining at Don Vito. The food was excellent (and I'm Italian) the portions were abundant and the prices were reasonable. We're definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Pleasureseahawk11Dined on 3/21/2014It's always a pleasure to eat at Don Vito's! The service is just right, the food is wonderful, the prices are excellent, and the surroundings are pleasant and quiet. This is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISE----SURPRISEJDBSWBDined on 3/21/2014What I anticipated and what I got were two different things. Food-Service-Ambience, was nothing short of spectacular. upon my next visit to Las Vegas this will be my first booking. The prices are more than reasonable and to say I would recommend it is a given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFoodieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Had a quick bite to eat, the waiter was good and my chicken pram hit the spot. Thanks for asking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!DoobsterDined on 3/15/2014Wow...great service, superb salad and lasagna, excellent Barbera (many Italian places don't have a good Barbera on the menu.....Don Vito's does!). Always have a great experience here, and this meal surpassed the others we have had. A wonderful place and a great value for what you get! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent foodAbq4foodiesVIPDined on 3/14/2014This is the second time we've dinned there and found the food excellent. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don vito'sHarveyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Great food plus great service equeals a great meal.a nice to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.