Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
9777 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89183Neighborhood:
South Point Casino
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.southpointcasino.com/dining/don-vitos.php
- Phone: 7027978075
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Joseph Angelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino
When Italian cuisine strikes your fancy, Don Vito’s is the place to whet your appetite. Our culinary team starts with the freshest ingredients and transforms them into traditional favorites Don Vito’s regulars rave about. Start with a Caprese style salad of ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella Chef Angelo makes by hand. Next, on to homemade gnocchi or ravioli, two other local favorites. Savory soups, freshly baked breads, seafood flown in daily, and a wide variety of Italian desserts are showcased in this stylishly appointed specialty room. Attentive and accommodating service will make your pre-show dinner, special occasion, or night on the town an even more memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Vito's Italian - South Point Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (48)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (26)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent dinnerhoboVIPDined on 10/28/2014We have eaten at Don Vito's previously but it seemed like it was even better this time. Had Chicken Angelo and Spaghetti and Meatballs both of which were excellent. Their wine special of the month Carnivore was outstanding. Jose, our waiter, made us feel special and did an excellent job.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Ate there on Oct 26th, Great Food - wonderful service, can't get any better, I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Great food and Great serviceBillVIPDined on 10/25/2014Don Vito's is always a special treat. Service is great and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly tasty Italian foodDrEntropyDined on 10/24/2014I say "surprisingly" only because I was not expecting such well prepared Italian dishes in a locals casino that hosts rodeo events! I was not expecting much given my experience with the Mexican restaurant in this same casino, which i find quite bland. My palette is not that sophisticated, but I have eaten in nice Italian restaurants, and I can recommend this one highly. I enjoyed the Chicken Angelo and it had a really nice flavor and chicken was nice and tender. My friends all seemed to enjoy their dishes as well.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were vacationing in Las Vegas and wanted to have an excellent restaurant for an anniversary celebration. Don Vito's in the South Point Casino/Hotel was a great choice. It was utstanding in every regard: ambiance, service, food, atmosphere, quietness, etc. And it was reasonable for a first class restaurant. The dessers were LAOS OUTSTANDING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New ExperienceLVfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Our server asked us if we had any food allergies, and we were very impressed. I mentioned my slight allergy to soy. Well it turns out that there is soy in the Caesar salad dressing (obviously they don't make their dressing in house). Next, our server brought me a different salad. Still very impressed. But I really wanted a Caesar salad, had had their Caesar salad numerous times before without suffering any problems (soy gives me a slight headache), and so I requested the salad that I ordered. Next the manager was at our table, expressing concern. The restaurant refused to serve me the salad that came with my dinner & that I was paying for. When did adults give up their rights to decide what they will eat? Great food, but we wont' return.
- 7 years coming to South Point...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We have been coming here every October for 7 years and this was the first time trying Don Vito's. The server (Johnny) was excellent! Our food was fast, hot and delicious! We enjoyed every last bit right down to the creme brule and cappuccino cheesecake. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent! This was the 2nd restaurant in this casino that really surprised us.Special Features:
- Excellent..... 5 stars restaurant.BugsyDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were top notch 5 stars, The people are wonderful. A relaxing place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- God Basic ItalianMaryAnnVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were staying at the South Point Resort and ate here on a Saturday evening before going to a show. The service was great at getting you in and out in a timely manner even though they were packed. My Penne Bolognese was very good and my husband had a dish of chicken on white beans and vegetables that was delicious. The Caesar salad was pretty average but the tiramisu quite good. The wine list was not exactly notable, but adequate for the restaurant. Our servers were Glenn and David and were very nice. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good Choicegr8cookiesVIPDined on 9/30/2014The food and service are good here. The only real disappointment is the dessert menu. If you love chocolate and coffee, you will find many choices on the dessert menu; if you don't like either - there is no dessert here for you.
- Group MeetingBootBarnDined on 9/30/2014I booked Don Vito's for a gathering of 11 employees for a special get together. The table was ready when we arrived and the staff was extremely accomodating. Overall it was an outstanding evening with great food, great service, and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Overall just OKLVITTECHDined on 9/28/2014With so many Italian Restaurant's in Las Vegas, I wanted to try this one since it was in in the same building as the theater. The look and feel is like any other Italian restaurant. The service was OK and he food was ok. I ordered the Chicken Fettachini Alfredo and thought the sauce was was tasteless.Special Features:
- great timeeggrollDined on 9/26/2014had a great time the staff and food was awesome i will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average food above average pricegarlicDined on 9/18/2014Equal taste or less of the neighborhood olive garden. Service basic. Long wait for water refill. Birthday celebration dersert provided very nice however server on brought 1 spoon for a dessert that is meant to be shared. Never brought even after asking. We got up twice to get our own water and silverware after request and wait.
- don vitos-not pleasedunlvgirl2014Dined on 9/13/2014I was not happy with my food and the service I had was slow and I was there for one hour and a half I will not be coming back
- Great food $ Great serviceBillVIPDined on 9/13/2014Don Vito's is always a very special treat. The staff is alway warm and friendly. The food is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ShelfcopernicusDined on 9/8/2014We have been to Don Vito's often when we visit Vegas and have found everything to be "top shelf" every time. They work at it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don Vito's - The BestMargDined on 9/6/2014Everytime I go to Las Vegas I eat at Don Vito's. It has yet to let me down with its excellent food and service. We had Johnny and Eddie and both of these waiters were excellent with their service. Johnny especially as he joked with us and made a feel very comfortable. It was my Birthday celebration this year and it could have not been better. The food is amazing at Don Vito's and everyone that I have taken their simply loves it. Do yourself a favor get away from the strip, take a drive to South Point and go to Don Vito's you will not regret it, you like me will be talking about it for years to come and so will your friends. 10/10 Don Vito's and thanks for a great Birthday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuprisePleasentDined on 9/1/2014I was celebrating with my wife my 19th wedding anniversary, and when the waiter found out she presented me and my wife 2 glasses of their finest champagne, what a surprise!!!!Special Features:
- Medley123Dined on 8/31/2014I am gluten free and Don Vito's made sure my food was gluten free. The service and the food was delicious and my friend and I would dine there again when we return to Vegas.Special Features:
- A Little Slice of HeavenDebinatorDined on 8/30/2014I wanted to treat a friend that is local (Henderson) for springing for a couple of nights at the hotel. She told me she would always go to Don Vito's on special occasions and I thought finally seeing my friend after 8 years was pretty special, so I made a reservation for dinner. Everything, and I mean absolutely everything was perfect. From the appetizers, bread and garlic relish to the main meal and of course, dessert. The relish was amazing and the tiramasu was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent Relaxing MealYummyDined on 8/29/2014A lovely quiet celebration with good food and the evening did not put us in the poor house. A very enjoyable meal before the show.Special Features:
- SandyfromcanadaDined on 8/25/2014We try and visit this restaurant each time we are in Vegas..........it is always great!Special Features:
- Great Local Dining ExperienceTerriRDined on 8/25/2014Don Vito's consistently has great service and great food. Nice atmossphere which is just as good for a romantic dinner as it is for a large group. Servers and staff are all attentive and cater to your needs.Special Features:
- Not so hotVegasgalDined on 8/25/2014Don Vito's has served wonderful meals in the past, so it was double disappointing to have a so-so meal this visit. Lemon mousse had no flavor, fish done perfectly but no flavor in the sauce, shrimp ravioli blah, even side of pasta had watery bland sauce, no garnish. Expresso sauce on the pork loin? BBQ flavor only - no coffee aspect. 3 very tiny scallops in the appetizer - but the lemon butter sauce as good.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerjaden11Dined on 8/24/2014We decided to "discover" new places during Restaurant Week. Don Vito's is an Italian restaurant that offers more than just meatballs and sausages. There were three in our party and we each got a different appetizer because they all sounded delicious. And they all were: scallops on the half shell, black pasta shrimp ravioli, and prosciutto-wrapped field greens. Two of us had the branzino (whitefish) and one had the pork chop. Everything was cooked perfectly. Also, the service was impeccable. Johnny was very helpful in suggesting a wine that went perfectly with the fish. He and the other servers throughout the courses were so precise and polite. The menu is on the pricey side, but Don Vito's is absolutely worth every dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantJackDined on 8/22/2014We've been to Don Vito's many times. Always consistently good! Great menu to choose from and great wine list. Ian is an excellent server!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!WcatinLVDined on 8/22/2014We've lived in Henderson for almost 3 years and have enjoyed shows at Southpoint and dinner at several restaurants within the casino. We had never tried Don Vito's but saw that it was on Restaurant week and we were impressed by the menu selection and the cost for dinner. We were both surprised at how great everything was. The service was spot on and the food was wonderful (even the 2nd day with leftovers). We will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuzyHDDined on 8/22/2014Went for Restaurant Week menu which I enjoyed very much. The fish was cooked properly and very tasty. Our scallop appetizer was also good although the scallops were a little small. Our ice cream desert, "The Best". Would definitely recommend Don Vito's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014This is the second time we dined at Don Vitos. The staff is very nice as is the ambiance. Overall the food was good with the exception of the $36 lobster tail milanaise which was dry and tough. Since we were celebrating a birthday, we did not send it back as it deserved to be. We love caesar salad which, when made properly, includes anchovies. They do not use anchovies and when we inquired about bringing some on the side, we were told there was a $2 upcharge.Special Features:
- LVMOMDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I were very disappointed in the food that we ordered. First of all the server said they had only caesar salad or 3 different types of soup, so we ordered the salad. It was very dry, hardly any dressing on it and even when I asked for extra dressing it did not help the taste. We found out later that we could have ordered a house salad but we were not told that we could substitute. I ordered Rigatoni Vito and the sausages where hard as a rock and the marinara sauce was tasteless. My husband order the Fra Diavalo and was totally disappointed. Tasteless again. We did enjoy the rolls with the garlic and tomato dip. Maybe it was an off night with the chef. We will try again in the near future and hope it will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RadtoniDined on 8/16/2014I've been here twice in the last 30 days, the service is excellent. Would highly recommend to friends. Everyone in our party of 8 seemed to enjoy their meals, I know I did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MM1554Dined on 8/16/2014Good food, great ambiance and fair prices. This was probably my tenth visit to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!JJMHDined on 8/16/2014Was the best Italian dinner I have had. Service was exceptional and the evening was delightful!Special Features:
- Not as good as last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014We were a party of ten.The Osso Buco was stringy and hard to chew.Friends had eggplant parmesan and said it was all bread crumb and little eggplant.I thought the assistant waitress was a little rude. The regular restaurant was very good. Your bread and garlic oil is still the best. Also everyone thought the ten dollar fee to share an entree was a little highI would recommend this to a friend.
- Rona49Dined on 8/16/2014Great ambience. Excellent service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outBillVIPDined on 8/16/2014Don Vito's continues to have great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againRayxDined on 8/13/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- too bad!! won't be backjazz4jerDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I have been coming to South Point for a long time and we always have dinner at Don Vito's. Last Wednesday 8-13-2014, my wife and I and four of our friends came for dinner. We had reservations and were seated right away. Then we had to wait for a waiter for a long time. The waiter finally came and delivered some rolls and olives in oil. The rolls were so hard we could not eat them. We never saw our waiter again until our meals arrived. The food was not up to par to what we had before . Our friends said their meals were not that good also. I'm sorry to say we will not be back.