Don Lobos Mexican Grill
2811 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Don Lobos Mexican Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2023330137
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Don Lobos Mexican Grill
'...the sangria brims with fruit, the fajitas are tasty and the tortillas are made from scratch.'- washingtonpost.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don Lobos Mexican Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Family type restaurant.GinnyDined on 8/23/2014The decor was old the staff warm and friendly and the food good and fresh but not outstanding. The margarita was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Don Lobos Mexican Grill reviews archive.
- Good Mexican FoodArlingtonDined on 6/21/2014The food and service were good and it was not too crowded.Special Features:
- Tired, simplistic foodDCRDaveVIPDined on 6/17/2014We ordered a variety of dishes and none of them were very good. The salsa was hot (actual temperature), the mole was simplistic and the food was heavy.
- Great all aroundEatingOutALotInDCVIPDined on 4/25/2014The food is fantastic. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Great service, great drinks, and prices are very reasonable. It's just an awesome Mexican restaurant in the heart of Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowd favorite!StealthDinerDined on 4/3/2014We keep coming back!...whether for a 50th birthday party (25 guests) ....or last day at work and retiring, so brought a few friends along. Staff are always welcoming, food is dependably good and we enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Great Margaritas in Georgetown!ChepostVIPDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I had dinner here Friday night -- it's a hole in the wall with great margaritas and great service! There weren't a lot of people when we arrived, but it quickly filled up. We ordered guacamole while we were enjoying the chips and salsa. Chips were crisp with just enough salt on them, while the salsa had a bit of a kick. There is a large selection of items on the menu -- covering whatever you're looking for - vegan, beef, chicken, seafood, sweets, and alcohol. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as usual!JulieDined on 1/10/2014We love to eat at Don Lobos and they cater to groups so easily! Fabulous Margaritas, excellent food options and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceATATDined on 10/12/2013Don Lobos is a go-to for me. Authentic Mexican food and the best frozen margaritas ever! Staff is very friendly and attentive. This is a family-owned establishment and they take pride in their work. Always good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos MexicanosOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013I went with two teenaged girls and we all enjoyed our meals. I had the Tacos Mexicanos and they were really delicious. The steak was tender and flavorful and they had the perfect amount of spicy heat. We all agreed the the beans served as a side dish were excellent. The place isn't much to look at, and it was hot in there on a mildly hot day. But, the service was friendly and attentive and we had a great time. It has the typical Mexican restaurant tendency to serve the food freakishly fast, but in our case, it worked because we were in a bit of a hurry.Special Features:
- Great Mexican...good mole'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013Great Mexican...good mole' which I rarely see on menus.good value.nice margaritasSpecial Features:
- Great mexican in Georgetown.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013Great location off M Street within walking distance to all the shops. Very good authentic Mexican food, prepared with care and some creative options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barf in DCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Perhaps the worst Mexican food I ever had. I am from S. California, so have a lot of choices and have eaten at some of the best in the world. This is ridiculously horrible. They have hot salsa, not spicy salsa but oven hot heated salsa, how stupid is that? Margareta's were $14.- per and sucked. The prices were stupid the service was OK. Oh and by the way, food came cold and we had to send it back and it took like 15 minutes to re heat the slop up and it still sucked. I am beside myself with sadness for the mexican people by the disgrace these people have the put the proud Mexican food through at their try for a restaurant. Sad!
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2012This is a terrific no frills Mexican within an easy walk of anywhere in Georgetown. The food tasted and looked like it had been home made and with care. To top it off, although they have a limited selection of margaritas the two that we tried were fantastic. We'll be back.Special Features:
- We were there on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/15/2012We were there on a Monday night. Restaurant was quiet - about 3 other couples dining. Food was brought out at the right temperature, she took our order right away, served us promptly. Salsa was OK, but the main course (chicken enchiladas) were delicious. Have not tried any other mexican restaurants in DCSpecial Features:
- some of the best mexican inNotWhatItUsed2BVIPDined on 10/6/2012some of the best mexican in the city. Loved this place.Special Features:
- The restaurant informationbobMatsVIPDined on 9/15/2012The restaurant information was incorrect on OpenTable and was not open on Sunday. I wasted my time.
- Margaritas and more!CCAFanVIPDined on 9/9/2012Outstanding margaritas and chips/salsa. Even if this was all you wanted, stay for more! The tamales were yummy, as were the tacos.Special Features:
- I couldn't be more pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012I couldn't be more pleased with my experience at Don Lobo's. The service was fast and friendly, and the food was out of this world. We had the Quesadilla De Chorizo as an appetizer which was excellent, my wife and mother tried the B&B Burrito which was good, my sister was impressed with the Beef Chimichanga, and I decided to be a little daring and try the Crab and Shrimp Chimichanga. Seafood isn't the first thing you think of when going for a chimichanga, but after trying the Crab and Shrimp Chimichanga at Don Lobo's, I'm not sure I'd my chimichangas any other way! The Sopapillas were a perfect close to the meal. It was a great time for the whole family. Even my 2 year daughter loved it, and she's a hard sell. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- The food was great but theJD102042VIPDined on 8/26/2012The food was great but the margaritas not so much....
- For a moderately priced androbert253VIPDined on 8/10/2012For a moderately priced and low-key Mexican restaurant in Georgetown, come to Don Lobos Mexican Grill. The food is very good and the service is prompt. I always enjoy having the burritos and margaritas. It's a nice place to have a relaxing Mexican meal.Special Features:
- Surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The place does not seem to be much at all, when looking at it from the outside. We sincerely considered skipping our reservation when we arrived. Luckily, we decided to enter, and we were not disappointed. Food was actually great. It is not spacious. Chairs were rather narrow. Good drikns.Special Features:
- Great service. The enchiladasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2012Great service. The enchiladas were ok, but the burritos were very good.
- I had a great dining experienceDCEaterVIPDined on 6/14/2012I had a great dining experience here. I came at a slow time, but the servers were attentive, and the food was great! I would like to come back here. I would not recommend this for more than 4 people in a group - the space is cramped.Special Features:
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2012We have been to this restaurant before and have never been disappointed. Their mole is the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2012Food was delicious. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features: