4097 Healthway Drive
Aurora, IL 60540Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domo77.com/
- Phone: (630) 692-0030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eddy Ho
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Sushi and hot food catering available. Call Suzy for more information at (630) 692-0030.
- Entertainment: Enjoy a delicious meal with your own entertaining personal chef right at your table.
- Special Events: Open for lunch and dinner on Sunday, July 4th! Make your reservations today!
A word from Domo 77-Aurora
Fun & Taste! Fresh steak, seafood and sushi prepared right at your table with your own entertaining personal chef! Serving the greater Chicagoland area for nearly 30 years. Ask about our birthday discounts, private party packages, and other special offers!Continued
Located on Route 34 just west of Route 59, near the Fox Valley Mall.
Located on Route 34 just west of Route 59, near the Fox Valley Mall.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Domo 77-Aurora reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good Sushi but..PatPDined on 5/11/2014The food was only OK. My son took me here for Mother's Day and I was excited to go, disappointed with the Hibachi food. Shrimp had some cornmeal covering that was not good, vegetables were bland. Tempura was tasteless. My son did enjoy the Sushi ! Would not recommendSpecial Features:
- Nice DiningChefJoe12Dined on 5/3/2014Its a great date night place, special occasion or group setting...Special Features:
- Off night?TheHunterDined on 4/12/2014We took our kids b/c we knew that they would like to see presentation. The night started off on a bad tone as we waited at the hostess stand for about five minutes before anyone came to welcome us. Once we were seated, it took about 10 minutes before we could get a high chair for our youngest. Our server was less than stellar. The food was great and the chef entertained the kids. Overall, this time at Domo 77 was forgettable.Special Features:
- Awful! Deserves 0 stars!LPK912Dined on 3/22/2014Will never go back again. We had a reservation and arrived on time, but still had to wait 30 minutes because the hotesss/owner was too busy running credit cards, answering the phone & seating other people who were there for the hibachi (we wanted sushi, which was a separate area). There were tables open in the sushi area so we inquired a couple of times when we might be seated, just to make sure she hadn't forgotten about us. She didn't even look up from what she was doing and seemed only to care about the hibachi tables and the credit card machine. We finally walked out as we were tired of waiting and completely annoyed with the experience. What's the point of having a reservation when you still have to wait 30 minutes or more for a table?
- Don't go for steaksLoveSteaksVIPDined on 2/21/2014The only way to get a steak is at the hibachi table. But if you want steak and sushi and sit at a regular table, you have to wait 40 minutes for your food.
- 3 hour mealAustinIIIDined on 2/14/2014Reservations mean nothing to this organization. They under staff and over-book.
- ExcitedDaniDined on 2/14/2014I had a blast. I like the way they have it set up. They could use more parking space for their customer's and find a more productive way to handle large crowds on the holidays but overall I loved it. The Chef's were very entertaining and friendly. They give you a lot of food so make sure you are hungry.Special Features:
- PATHETIC!!!WillyPapasDined on 2/14/2014I reserved a table for 8:15 on Valentine's day. My wife and I showed up at 8:00, just in case they had a table ready. But boy, were we in for a surprise. The line was out the door, but I figured we were fine because we had a reservation. But that didn't matter, because they're was about 5 other couples who had the same reservation time, and they were at the back of the line just like us. When we finally got to the front of the line, a whole crowd of people just cut in front of us and got seated. The hostess wasn't checking names or anything. So it seems that making a reservation is pointless, because it's first come first served. When we were finally going to be seated, it was about 9:00. Being that we were on a tight time frame, we left
- Good when not too busyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Have been to Domo 77 many times and enjoy the food and fun. However this time we went on a Friday night that was also Valentine's Day. They were woefully unprepared for the mass of humanity who apparently all had reservations. The rose for my date was a nice touch, but could not compensate for the hectic atmosphere in the waiting area and the extraordinarily slow service in the dining area.Special Features:
- Had reservations for 7pm butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Had reservations for 7pm but didn't get seated until 8pm and didn't get our food until 9pm.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Waited an hour witha reservation!! Horrible experience!!! Waist of a good night
- v dayawesomeDined on 2/14/2014service was a little slow but food quality was outstanding. a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful timeBobVDined on 2/14/2014The server, chef, and food were all outstanding. We want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, sevice wasDonnaDined on 2/14/2014Food was great, sevice was a bit slow but they were extremely busy on Valentine Day (evening). Definately recommend others giving them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerILKimDined on 2/14/2014Thankfully Domo 77 still had a reservation available the morning of Valentine's Day! So Kudos for that. We go to Domo 77 a few times a year. We feel the prices are reasonable to comparable restaurants in the area. We have had very entertaining chefs and some more mediocre chefs. Regardless, the food is always delicious. The rose given to the ladies that night was a nice touch but it would have been even better if they would have taken the thorns off. Granted it was busy, but one area of improvement was if the host would have turned the volume down on her phone. She was so busy helping people in line that she didn't have time to answer the phone and it was at full volume and it rang and rang and rang. Annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionPJMSDined on 2/9/2014Great place for families...rather expensive...but good for special occasions . Wait staff was efficient. Tableside chef entertained the grand children...and they even ate the food he prepared. Servings are generous so no need to order for the very young...they can easily share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great time!PhillydachefDined on 2/9/2014Went with the kids and had a great time. The chef was very entertaining and the food wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was disappointinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Anniversary dinner was disappointing - tough filet mignon, sanitary concerns, run down room dividers and poor complementary dessert. Would not recommend.
- food decent, but service lackingplay18Dined on 1/11/2014hibachi chef was entertaining and food was decent, but the service was average at best. The hostess was overwhelmed with the number of people to seat and our anniversary was not recognized. Upon seating, the server took our drink order and hibachi chef did not arrive for about 15 minutes. Once served the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMaggieDined on 1/11/2014My family dined here to celebrate a birthday. The staff was pleasant and very entertaining. The food was delicious and I have no complaints.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef!PartyOf5Dined on 1/11/2014The chef that cooked at our table did a wonderful jobs with the fun tricks while he made the food. He was very friendly and made it lots of fun for the kids. They of course enjoyed the volcano, as well as the shrimp tails in pockets, etc., and the bouncing egg. The food was good as well. A fun family experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lots of fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014Enjoyed the food - again! And met new people at our table. Domo is a great restaurant with reasonable prices. Thanks!Special Features:
- Reservations don't matterryde22Dined on 12/31/2013When we got there for our 6:45 reservation, we waited in a line to talk to the hostess. At 6:55, when we finally spoke with the hostess, I told her we had reservations. She wrote my first name and the number four down on a list under one other person and instructed us to wait. The place was very crowded, and management clearly did not have any sort of fair or logical system for seating, regardless of reservations. Around 7:40, we approached the hostess and saw that several names below ours had been crossed off, including both small and large parties, but we were not given any indication from her when our table would be ready. We then called White Chocolate Grill for 8:00 reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived.
- Unorganized messOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We waiting in a "line" for over half an hour to "check in". Then they didn't have our reservation but it ended up not mattering bc they just took people as they came! It was ridiculous!
- The Sushi was good, the HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The Sushi was good, the Hibachi was just ok. I thought the service was real good but with a reservation at 5:00 p.m. we shouldn't have been squeezed in a corner. We've had a better time there in the past and it was New Years Eve so I'll give them a pass this time on the seating. It's still a good Hibachi/ Sushi house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Hibachi cooking.mikeDined on 11/30/2013Excellent Hibachi cooking. Best ventalation of any restaurant of this type.Special Features:
- Nothing BUT the best!CameaterDined on 10/29/2013What can I say? Ive been coming to Domo for eternity, grateful they opened a closer one to home (Aurora). The food is A++++++ the people are awesome and Ive never had a problem.....ever. How many places can you say about that? Its great for a nice cerebration dinner OR a family dinner....the kids love it the babies are amazed by the action...all around winner! A family of 4 will easy pay 60+ dollars at a chilis or what have you but for the same price you get amazing food.....so much you get nice left overs for breakfast... and everyone has a good time...you dont get that at other places. With open table I was able to email exactly what I needed without talking to anyone keeping my surprise guests a secret so that in itself was AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hibachi grill/steakhouseKimGDined on 10/19/2013This was your average/expected Hibachi grill/steakhouse. Prices were high, but on par for this type of dining experience. The drink list was pretty extensive, with some good Japanese beers, saki, etc. Our chef was very talented, and gave quite a show. On top of that, our food was cooked wonderfully. Everyone at our table was highly satisfied. Typical of this type of restaurant, and always, my complaint with places like this - you walk out smelling like the grill you just ate off of. So to plan to do anything romantic afterwards may be difficult. Bring Febreeze, and all should be fine.Special Features:
- Love to take the family...allTrojanVIPDined on 10/4/2013Love to take the family...all can have different things and the show is a blastSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dinner!ELG1Dined on 9/28/2013We went with the family to Domo 77 a few days before our daughter left for Israel to study for her 2nd Masters at the University of Tel Aviv. Our chef and waitress were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but our service lacked!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2013I went here with my family for the first time to celebrate my birthday. My food was great, I had the ribeye and lobster. But our chef doing the hibachi wasn't very energetic, I found myself glancing over at the other tables that seemed to be having a really great time and wishing this was happening at our table!!! Other than that the server was nice, my drink was amazing (I think it was called a ras-tini?). The sushi was really good, they seemed to be out of a lot of things on the a la carte menu though that we wanted to try like the uni and the king crab. Overall, I would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, bland foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2013The service we received at the Hibachi was excellent. Our waitress was attentive and there were other staff people cleaning up plates and such as the meal went along. The Tepanyaki Chef was as to be expected: showy and chatty. The food was very bland though. My girlfriend and I both had the steak and shrimp. There was either no seasoning in the shakers the chef was using or the chef didn't use enough. I'm not someone that has to have flavor bursting from the seams, but a little flavor goes a long way. I can't say that Domo 77 can go the distance (all puns intended) in this arena. Unless you have a coupon or a gift certificate, I would try another place in town. But that is just my personal opinion.
- good food but need more showOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2013The food is always very good but would like to see more of a show as in times past when visiting this type of a restaurant. Did not see the enthusiasm I have seen before from the chefs - maybe they have been doing it too long?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2013It's a great place to get together with friends and enjoy great food and an awesome show from your chef. Deffinatly good for any occation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at great pricesBobCDined on 6/29/2013Always a good time at Domo with great hibachi cooks, great food, and prices.Special Features:
- Fresh food, Stale showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013If you've never been to Domo 77 before, then find a coupon and go. It's a fun place to enjoy a meal fresh off the hibachi. If you go a second time, don't expect the chef to have changed his shrimp and knife tossing act or his jokes about choo choo trains. The food by itself is good, but prices are too high to justify a return visit to see the exact same act.Special Features:
- Always great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2013We love Domo 77. The food and wait staff are always consistently great. Our young children really love the chefs cooking table side. It's so entertaining. Be prepare for a lot of food because that is what you get when you go to Domo 77.Special Features:
- Family dinnerSpin23Dined on 5/18/2013Between the 4 of us we tried, steak, chicken, shrimp, scallops, lobster and sushi and enjoyed them all. The food was well prepared, flavorful and the chef entertaining for adults and kids. We had a groupon and that was no problem. Domo 77 is on the pricey side but the food was plentiful. Overall it was a fun night out with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Wonderful placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2013Great food. Wonderful place to celebrate with family and friends! Our cook was personable and made the whole experience a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but slow service.pam52VIPDined on 3/23/2013Have been here many times and the food is always excellent. This last time we had to wait a long time to get a chef to our table. Over an hour. WE had theatre tickets and were not too happy. Food was excellent as usual and chef did a great job. Very noisy and crowded, though. If on a weekend, make a reservation.Special Features: