Domku Bar & Cafe
821 Upshur St NW
Washington, DC 20011Neighborhood:
ScandinavianPrice: $30 and under
Domku Bar & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://domkucafe.com/
- Phone: 2027227475x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday 12:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday 10:00am - 12:00am, Sunday 10:00am-11:00pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Polish, Eastern European, Scandinavian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: "Meatless Tuesdays"! every Tuesday
½ Price on bottles of wine, Sundays 6-10p
A word from Domku Bar & Cafe
Open since 2005, Domku is Washington, DC's first Slavic and Scandinavian restaurant. We serve classic, hearty comfort food dishes such as pierogis, borscht, kielbasa, goulash, gravlax, Swedish meatballs, and pickled herring. We offer a unique Saturday & Sunday brunch menu, a vegetarian only Meatless Tuesday menu every week, Sunday night half-price on bottles of wine, and during the winter months a once-a-month Pierogi Night extravaganza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Domku Bar & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (4)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Cool little place...AnonCowardDined on 8/8/2014The pickled herring is amazing, everything else seemed a bit pricey for what it was. My beet/carrot/apple salad presentation was gorgeous too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for people with food allergiesDarrylDined on 8/3/2014Don't come here if you have a food allergy. I can't eat gluten or eggs. My brunch date can't have dairy. There was nothing on the breakfast menu that didn't have one of these ingredients. The lunch menu had only salads and sandwiches. I asked for a sandwich without the bread, but was told that the manager wouldn't do that. I asked for a breakfast item without the eggs and was told that the restaurant couldn't accommodate that. This was all strange because the menu said to tell your server if you have a food allergy. Then they tell you they can't take things out that you are allergic too.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Domku Bar & Cafe reviews archive.
- I've been to Domku multipleRoochieDined on 3/16/2014I've been to Domku multiple times and it never diappoints. The food is unique and delicious. Those pancake balls are amazing, our group got three orders! Definitely a neighborhood jem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nie Ma (we don't have)luv2eatVIPDined on 2/4/2014My dinner at Domku recently, the experience was Nie Ma. Upon our arrival, we were informed that there were no meat dishes available; it was vegetarian night although nothing indicated that when I made my reservation. Some of the appetizers were unavailable. One of the specialty cocktails was unavailable;they ran out of the liquor. The perogi appetizer was good; It would have been nice if sour cream was offered as a side. The potato pancakes were soggy. It would have been nice to have a side of sour cream and apple sauce made available. The specialty cocktail reminded me of childhood cough medicine.Something's up with this 9 year old restaurant. Next time that I feel like having a Polish meal, I may hop a flight on Air Lot to Krakow.
- We loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/19/2013We celebrated a few birthdays with a group of 16 and this was the perfect place to do it! Can't wait to come back with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Food on a Cold NightHillaryVIPDined on 12/14/2013We were looking for a place close by on a cold and rainy Saturday night,something that would be warm and provide a casual atmosphere. This was our first time dining at this restaurant and it did not dissappoint. We started off with the pierogies which were super delicate and light. My husband ordered a pretty hearty stew-like dish and I had the swedish meatballs. The food was incredible, huge portions and all made from scratch. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!personDined on 11/8/2013We went here on a whim while trying to find something new on a cold fall night. It turned out to be perfect and we'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.