Domenico's on the Wharf
50 Fisherman's Wharf
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Domenico's on the Wharf
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.domenicosmonterey.com/
- Phone: 8313723655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Domenico"s features banquet dining for parties from 25-50 guests. Entertain your guests with a wonderful four course meal while overlooking stunning Monterey harbor.
- Private Party Contact: James Goggin 8313723655
- Cross Street: Del Monte and Washington
- Public Transit: Monterey Salinas Transit has stops on Pacific street just off of Old Fisherman’s Wharf. Complimentary trolley service is available during the summer months as well
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available in the wharf lot located along Del Monte Avenue, on the right-hand side before reaching the wharf (if coming from the East) and on the left-hand side after the wharf (if coming from the west).
Complimentary valet parking is available on Friday and Saturday nights and is accessible on Olivier street just off the corner of Pacific and Scott streets.
A word from Domenico's on the Wharf
A local favorite for almost thirty years, Domenico’s on the Wharf features wild sustainable local and Alaskan seafood. The restaurant, located on Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf, is known for its formal, yet friendly, ambiance and impeccable service, as well as its one-of-a-kind menu. We invite you to select from our award winning wine list while you sit and take in the striking views of the Monterey Harbor. One visit to Domenico’s on the Wharf and you will find yourself returning time and again.Continued
We are open for lunch and dinner, and offer Happy Hours seven days a week. Reservations are recommended.
We are open for lunch and dinner, and offer Happy Hours seven days a week. Reservations are recommended.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Domenico's on the Wharf - Best Restaurants in Monterey ›
Domenico's on the Wharf reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (32)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AlsterDined on 9/12/2014My wife has food allergies and they were more than accommodating.Special Features:
- Memorable dinnerSandyDined on 8/25/2014The owner stood outside and des drives their special spotted prawns just caught that morning. I had the prawns with linguini - the best I've ever had- shelled table side buniur waiter, Robert. My husband had the sole and it was also excellent. The 'music' was the sounds of the sea lions, resting right outside the window on the wharf. We will return when in Monterey Bay-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view ordinary foodbadinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went at night. Pastas with seafood are good options along with wedge salad and dessert trio. Even at night view is enjoyable and you can observe the wildlife - seals, seagulls and a school of anchovies swimming back and forth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Friendly w/a viewSteve0228Dined on 8/22/2014We took our Family of 13 including two toddlers to Domenico's on a Friday night. With our reservation, the table with a view of the Harbor was all set. Our server was gracious and patient. The food came on a timely basis. (Food for the kids arrived first.) The seafood was fresh and excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Old School SeafoodgdeadmanDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant feels like it was transported from the 1950's to the present, and the crowd loved it. The food was very fresh and well prepared; the waitstaff very attentive without being intrusive. The cioppino was wonderful, with a great variety of seafood. My bride had the sand dabs and daughter the bacon wrapped scallops. Everything tasted delicious. We made a reservation early in the day through OpenTable and they seated us at a booth by the window overlooking the harbor. We really enjoyed it and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family, We will be back when we get back to Monterey. (NB there were a couple of very large groups being served near us and the staff handled the juggling of all tables without missing a beat.)Special Features:
- Terrific place on the WharfOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and great service. Our server Jorge enhanced the dining experience by describing our dishes in detail and suggested pairing wines to go along with them. Must have some homemade lemoncello that takes several months to make. Sea lion views from the windows will entertain you and the overall view is beautiful. Go enjoy a great eatery while in Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 68cudaDined on 8/2/2014The service was the best I've seen in a long time.Our waiter(Trevor) was very attentive and explained the menu and specials extremely well and answered all our questions about the menu.My wife had surf and turf and the lobster and filet both melted in your mouth.The lobster was 15 oz. compared to other restaurants which serve 8 oz. lobster.I had one of the specials 6 jumbo prawns saute with linguine and it was excellent .We had a table next to the window for a nice few of seals in the harbour.All in all a great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceJCL2Dined on 7/31/2014This is a fun place to eat. Service is excellent and the view can't be beat (overlooking the wharf). There was a barge of sea lions right outside our window. The menu offers a wide variety of good food.Special Features:
- elegantDined on 7/28/2014Excellent service and quality of food!!!!! Relaxing perfect atmosphere and highly recommended .Special Features:
- So-so service makes for so-so mealJessiebVIPDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant sits on the touristy wharf in Monterey. We were lucky enough to get a table right by the window-we could see the sea lions and boats which was great. The atmosphere is dated nautical.food was ok -grilled salmon with veggies&mashed potatoes.The potatoes were Luke warm and salmon was not flavorful. My ten year old had pizza&fries. She wouldn't even eat the fries because due to too much salt and pizza was pretty good for her standards. The service was lacking despite there being a server plus his assistant. I had to remind them to get my wine which they forgot, my daughters kid drink was full and they didn't ask why this was at the edge of the table untouched, and when the bill was incorrect, it took 20 minutes to resolve it.
- Fabulous food and sea lions!ArleneVIPDined on 7/12/2014Following a recommendation from our rv camp hosts, we went to Domenico's. Once we found the place, it was all good. Creamy clamp chowder, tender scallops, tasty sand dabs (a flounder like fish), attentive service and a view of sea lions sleeping on a deck made this place one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Been going here for many years - the food, views and ambience are always great!Special Features:
- Excellent dinning.JojoDined on 6/19/2014Would recomend Dominicos to anyone visiting the Monterey areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac54VIPDined on 6/14/2014Domenico's is always a favorite when we visit Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner on the wharfwabash21VIPDined on 6/13/2014Lovely view of harbor and great for watching and hearing sea lions, had the calamari steak which was very good.Special Features:
- Loved Domenico's!PattyVIPDined on 5/30/2014We were able to get a table with a view of the sea lions, they were so entertaining. This was the BEST Salmon that I've had! Cooked perfectly. Will return next time we are in the Monterey area.Special Features:
- Acceptable Tourist FarenotafoodieDined on 5/28/2014There was nothing really terrible and nothing really outstanding about this restaurant. The wait staff was surprisingly good -- friendly and professional. However it would have been nice if we had been warned about the huge portions when ordering appetizers and entrees. The menu is unimaginative, food is average, portions were revoltingly large. The food is just piled onto the plate. We wanted a place that was walking distance from our hotel, and it did satisfy that requirement. We were not really disappointed because we were not expecting much since it is right on the wharf.Special Features:
- What a view!!FishVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a great time. The food was wonderful and the view was just beautiful. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- The following 162 reviews are from the Domenico's on the Wharf reviews archive.
- JanieDined on 5/16/2014Have eaten here a number of times and enjoyed. This visit was most disappointing in that food was cold; couldn't eat the calamari due to fishiness - almost undercooked. Parmesan cheese in risotto was overwhelming - not in a good way.
- Great restaurant, excellent serviceMelissaDined on 5/7/2014I was in Monterey for a conference and I needed to find a restaurant that could accommodate a group of 14. Domenico's set up a great table for our group, their menu offered a wide variety of yummy dishes at a reasonable price. The atmosphere was great and the view of the ocean and sea lions was very nice. The service was excellent as well. Overall, our group was very pleased with our dining experience! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domenico's sets the pace!CWandMrsCWVIPDined on 4/26/2014Even amongst the many seafood offerings on the Monterey Bay Fishermans Wharf, Domenicos rises above the flotsam and jetsam. Three of us visited the evening before the Big Sur Marathon, taking in a local Chardonnay at the bar as we waited for our table. The restaurant weren't ready for our arrival, very busy, and this should not stop a visit. Very good table service, even time for some banter, and an exceptional view to watch the seal lions bask at dusk. We had Halibut, salmon, and fish and chips - very, very good!Special Features:
- Great Food & Entertainment!luv2winedineDined on 4/21/2014While visiting Monterey, my husband and I wanted to dine at one of the restaurants on Cannery Row and chose Domenico's based on reviews on Open Table. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the service was friendly and attentive, the prices were great, and the entertainment consisted of a wonderful "floor show" by sea animals! There were sea lions and seals, but the otters stole the show completely (and our hearts)! I would highly recommend this restaurant for a great Cannery Row/Monterey experience!Special Features:
- TT14Dined on 4/17/2014When we went onto the wharf I was questioning our decision to eat there. The wharf is run down and a lot of homeless begging. I was much surprised at the restaurant. Though older it was well kept and colorful. The food was excellent and the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafoodsonomagaryDined on 4/12/2014Domenico's is a lively, bustling Italian seafood place on the Wharf -- a very pleasant dining room with an excellent view of the harbor. I had scampi tiger prawns that were cooked to perfection, and my wife enjoyed the swordfish steak. The wine list was not extensive but the wines they do pour seem all to be excellent vintages. The service was superb - our wait person was there when we needed him but never hovered at all. The price was appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of Bay Outdoors LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014Watching the seals right outside the restaurant was very entertaining. The lunch menu was good and the service super. I am a soup lover and the Boullabies was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceEatMeatVIPDined on 3/25/2014We were recommended by many people to dine at Domenico's. That was a great decision. King crab legs were great and the service was just as good. Would recommend again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magnificent Dining Experience!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014Decided to spend my Birthday in Monterey and found this place on Open Table. JACKPOT!!! Everything was fabulous from the moment we walked in, the food was already smelling Great! From being greeted to being seated everyone was super friendly and professional. Our waiter was very friendly, professional, and b extremely knowledgeable about the menu. The food was SUPERB!!! Everyone in our party of 4 ordered something different, Stuffed Salmon, Seafood Alfredo, Stuffed Prawns, and I had the Swordfish. Everything was excellent and everyone was more than satisfied with their meals. I would (and plan on) driving from Stockton to dine here again. Definitely one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. You won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view & Expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The view is great, it's lovely to watch the sea lions. The service was great, we felt very attended to, even with a party of eight. Unfortunately, the food was not worth the price. The prices we saw on the menu online were not the ones we saw when we got there.Special Features:
- DeliciousAmanda1111Dined on 3/1/2014Great dinner! Chicken Marsala was delicious! Califlower mashed potatoes and vegetables were amazing as well! Great view of the sea lions hanging out by the boats! Overall, nice experience!Special Features:
- Thanks.localinthehoodVIPDined on 2/19/2014Thank you for being very attentive to our four kids, allowing us to store our helmets and skooters inside the restaurant. Our waiter and wait staff were very responsive, courteous and attentive. The food was very good but the sole was particularly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agood meal hinges on the experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 2/16/2014So we booked the table on Open Table for 9:30.When we got there they were quiet I asked if they were still serving, they replied "yes,of course".The appetizer landed on the table five minutes after we ordered and the entrees maybe five minutes after that...we had barely started the appetizer. We asked them to take the plates back and keep them warm, they returned with them about five minutes later.I asked,"are we in your way of closing?"The reply was "no but the kitchen closes at 9:30 and the staff are leaving."You can imagine the rest.Generally rushed, staff cleaning around us, certainly not the best $130 I have spent on a nice meal.The food was OK, nothing spectacular, we had significantly better meals at other establishments in the area.
- Lousy servicePisces312VIPDined on 2/15/2014Lousy service in the bar. Our table wasn't ready at reservation time and so we tried to order a drink. We were the only ones waiting for drinks in the bar but could not get the bartenders attention for over 15 minutes. The only seemed to take orders from waiters. Tables were packed so tight in the dining room that when the table next to us sat up, the drinks on our table spilled all over us! Very uncool.Special Features:
- True to their promiseFRGCDined on 2/15/2014It was an extremely busy night. Potential customers were lined up out the door, and we could see the hand written waiting list was a page and a half long. We showed up 10 minutes early, and were seated at our reserved time at a lovely water view table. The service was friendly, prompt, and courteous. The food was excellent, and given the location, reasonably priced. We'll eat there again on our next visit to Monterey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we anticipatedTbl4twoDined on 2/14/2014Made reservation and requested window table but they gave us a table next to restroom where my wife got constantly bumbed by waiters and had to speak over their voices since they were chit chatting so much....which put a damper on our Valentines day dinner. Ordered the steak and lobster from special price fixe dinner menu that noght. Steak looked presentable until I flipped it over. And reveal the bottom side burnt. All in all I should have gone to the fishermans Grotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious! Worth a babysitter!BusyDadDined on 2/14/2014Great for a date with your honey! Awesome fresh seafood, awesome view of the bay and marina. Good service - very knowledgeable and conscientious. You pay a small premium for the location, but it is worth it. [The food is a cut above The Fish Hopper for a comparable view and price.] My only complaint is that the restaurant was a bit ambitious on Valentine's evening and placed our table obviously in the usual "flight path" of the servers. We were never jostled, but there were some uncomfortably close calls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAlexDined on 2/14/2014It was a great dining experience! Great ambiance, service, and food! The rib eye was cooked to perfection, tender and moist! The location was great right on Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant. WeMac54VIPDined on 1/19/2014Our favorite restaurant. We can always count on high quality fish and seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabSharkyDined on 1/18/2014Although we tried to get into another nearby restaurant first that didn't have availability, we were very happy with Dominico's. They split a crab so we could easily share one. They're open to combining items on the menu to create whatever dish you want. The waiter was knowlegable and friendly. The people at the table out in front of the place we're friendly and weren't afraid to grab a live crab and show it our kids. It was an overall very good experience.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant on theeasyedDined on 12/31/2013Excellent restaurant on the wharf. Great food excellent parking . We were a group o f 8 New Years eveSpecial Features:
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013Went here for my anniversary and it was amazing! Outstanding food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.