123 Baronne Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.domenicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5046486020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alon Shaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Domenica
Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Domenica reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (226)good for groups (138)hot spot (133)great for lunch (99)special occasion (86)notable wine list (74)neighborhood gem (63)vibrant bar scene (55)romantic (46)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (22)late-night find (15)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014The food was new and exciting. We are never disappointed. Different from most restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014I came to Domenica with a few fellow-foodie colleagues. The food was UNREAL--absolutely delicious! Our order: fried kale, fired cauliflower, pumpkin pizza, and spaghetti carbonara. It was a meal to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, wineAJinDCVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a group of 8 for dinner and the restaurant handled our service and food beautifully. The fried kale and burrata were delicious. I saw one of the cauliflower appetizers and wished we'd ordered that too! The pizzas are huge (share them) and delicious. Wine is awesome. And definitely think about the cannoli cake for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedSherryDined on 10/19/2014The restaurant was so loud we couldn't hear the wait staff or each other. Food was just ok. My dgt got a rabbit dish and had bone and grizzled in her ragout. They did offer a substitute. Overall the noise wad by far the most problematic. We both couldn't wait to leave but we each left with ears ringing.
- interesting seasonal menusharonVIPDined on 10/19/2014We sometimes go here for Sunday dinner. Unless there's a show at the Saenger, it tends to have tables available. It has some of the most interesting seasonal pizzas in town. Last Sunday, my daughter had a gorgonzola pizza and I had pumpkin pizza. Both were wonderful. I enjoy the fact that the menu takes advantage of seasonal ingredients, so it changes frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysSouthLAGalVIPDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I were lucky enough to get last minute reservations for lunch on a recent trip to New Orleans. I had the Butternut Squash Tortellini which is superb. My husband had the Tagliatelle, also very delicious. It was the best food of the weekend! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrayTableVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was excellent as the last time. However, make sure to specify to not be seated at the table right in front of the door. It's a major traffic avenue where customer and staff traffic cross non stop.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Domenica has a fabulous happy hour. Don't miss the roasted cauliflower- it's amazing!Special Features:
- Great food!WowedDined on 10/18/2014Food and service was incredible. It was a little noisy which made it hard to communicate with fellow diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMSmithDined on 10/18/2014Been to Domenica several times. Always a great meal and our servers always make great recommendations.Special Features:
- ConvenientSupernaniumDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is quite convenient to those staying at Hotel Roosevelt or one of the large hotels bordering the French quarter. Thought the food good but not extraordinary. The restaurant has a good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night!MunchkinVIPDined on 10/15/2014We had the meat and cheese platter which was divine- also the crispy kale is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great pizzasisterbayDined on 10/15/20143rd visit in 3 years-great Happy Hour with pizza, wine beer etc-looking forward to another visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the carbonara. It's great.KmurpnyDined on 10/13/2014I really liked the carbonara which is new to the menu. Very nice wine list. We had excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfdsVIPDined on 10/12/2014great meal. Pizza was outstanding. Pasta housemade and delicious. Wine list includes unusual Italian wines.Special Features:
- A little burnt around the edgesBaydellDined on 10/12/2014Booked 10 min before while driving in downtown New Orleans. Our first choice was closed on Sundays. Seated promptly at reservation time at a window table. Food and drinks were excellent only complaint was the pizza crust had been charred around the outer edges and underside. Don't get me wrong, it was not over-cooked but too close to open flame for too long. Server was friendly but a little slow. We told her from the get-go that we had a show in 1 hour, we missed seating for the opening number at The Saenger by a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza Crust is like a crisp cloudChefDDined on 10/12/2014Our favorite pre-show spot. Keeping it just to a few pie's to savor over, One with spicy salami and one with Wild Mushrooms and egg. These pies as always were a real treat to the senses. The first time we went I was blown away, for me Domenica does this every-time with there pie's.Special Features:
- A great restaurant in a great hotelJkerrdogVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great hotel restaurant! Glad to be able to eat good Italian in NOLA & not have to leave my hotel! Thank you Hilton for arranging this space with a chef who knows what they are doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, again! Service??fandrDined on 10/11/2014Food was great. Service, mediocre. Service people were very friendly and described menu well. But, they disappeared several times. We could not get a wine refill or coffee refills until too late. But ... still enjoyed the experience!Special Features:
- Great experience!DuckyDined on 10/11/2014Awesome! A must if you have never been. It was our first visit to this restaurant and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night!!Night2dineDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Dominica multiple times and each time we've come out very satisfied!! The food is always amazing and allows you to try something different you would never think to pair together. It's a very dressy casual environment so don't worry about getting a babysitter. Bring the kids along!! Our 7 year has been and really enjoyed their pizzas!! Definitely a must eat for a nice family dinner, night out with friends or just want to share the Gorganzola Pizza with your love!! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOsteodoc02Dined on 10/10/2014I went out with a colleague and had an excellent meal. Try the black squid tagliolini. Also, the Pate was excellent.Special Features:
- bootimeDined on 10/10/2014The food was great but the waiter looked as if he didn't want to be a work that day. The busboy was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014I was at the Roosevelt for business and heard it was a must dine place. Overall the pizza was good but I'm not a fan of burnt crust as it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, the edges of my pizza were burnt to a crisp as well of others at the table. Our waitress was friendly but seem to forget about us for almost 30 mins!! Other guests came in after us and were eating before us which was a little annoying but that happens sometimes during lunch rush hour. I did go back for dinner that night and had a much better experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-show dinnerNewOrleanianDined on 10/9/2014My wife & I have been several times, often before going to the Sanger for a show. The food is good; the service is competent; the noise level is almost bearable. (Why isn't there a "miserable" option in the noise level selection?) We got a table in the corner and I measured an average of 72-75 dB on my cellphone app, which is louder than a vacuum cleaner at 1m. It's not as bad as Peche, but certainly not comfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding saladLeahDined on 10/8/2014Highly Recommend the beet salad. Best I've ever had.The service was excellent. Volume was loud, but the place had a lively vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatreTCNOLAVIPDined on 10/7/2014our favorite place for a great dinner before the theatre. Food and service is always terrific and the wine list has greatly improved since our last visit. Obviously a renewed focus from Management. Great job! Thanks,Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-theatreCamelliaDined on 10/7/2014Food was excellent and the service was perfect for us to get in, enjoy our meal but make a 7:30 show at the Saenger!Special Features:
- AmazingTONYBRADined on 10/5/2014Starters, pizza and desert are unforgatable.... Delicious Nice and kind waiters Good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pizza on Earth!SazeracNOLAVIPDined on 10/5/2014Dominica is wonderfully dependable and consistent, and a terrific homage to Italy. Service is top notch, and everything about the place reflects a professional attitude. The pizzas, which come up smoking hot within minutes after you order them, are not replicated by any other establishment. This is one of those restaurants where you never run out of food on the table (bread shows up early, terrific olive oil, and other inexpensive snacks – like pane fritto – are always available). I have had other items from the menu beyond pizzas and all have been delicious and intriguing.Special Features:
- MSMAPVIPDined on 10/5/2014we love this restaurant and have recommended it to so many people.Special Features:
- DisappointedBlueDogManDined on 10/5/2014Normally Domenica is top notch but they were off this time. We had a reservation and when it was time to seat us they mistakenly gave it to another party. The hostess admitted the mistake but nothing came of it other than having to wait for another table to come available. Once seated the service was good but not spectacular. Usually when celebrating something it gets acknowledged but not this time. No big deal but it's usually the little things that make it so much more special here. The food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DomenicaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We had a special occasion which was a birthday and surprise visit from one of our sons. So, our mood was great and this can bias an opinion. However service was quick, professional, friendly, just the right amount and definitely not invasive. We had three separate dishes, all were excellent. The wine was perfect. This is my second visit to Domenica and I will happily return againSpecial Features:
- DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014While the food was good, the service was forgetful and salubrious. The food descriptions spoken by the waiter rivaled any wine label's vacuous wording. This place is not for me.
- Absolutely Excellent!Skip1012Dined on 10/1/2014Prices were very good considering the excellent quality of the food. Can't praise them enough for their fresh, made from scratch pastas and pizza. I love Italian and this was fantastic Italian. I'll be visiting again the next time I travel to New Orleans.Special Features:
- Back for secondsPghGirlDined on 10/1/2014Highly recommend this restaurant. Food was outstanding, interesting selections on the menu from traditional to nontraditional. Something for everyone. Can be a bit noisy, but definately a lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a little noisy!somhdDined on 10/1/2014Our server was kind of slow but the place was SUPER busy. Food was great! Will definitely go back and hope it'll be less noisy!Special Features:
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014Every experience I have at Domenica is amazing. From the service to the food, it was all great. The Watermelon Salad is a must have while it's still in season! The newly expanding wine list is an excellent plus for the restaurant. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something missingBigtimefoodieDined on 9/28/2014I was a little disappointed in the no. of entree selections. Mostly pizza and pasta. An Italian rest. should have veal. Fortunately the special of the day a seafood stew was a good entree selection and was very tasty. A good chicken roast would be good. Some good Italian veggie sides would be good. Broccolini for example.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere!DBDtravelerVIPDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I shared an excellent arugula salad and procuitto pizza to save calories. Both were plenty large to share. The olive oil has a "kick" to it and was delicious on the awesome Italian bread before our meal. We loved the atmosphere and food. We would return. This is a popular hot spot in the beautiful Roosevelt Hotel, so make your reservations early, or the day before, for any meal! We enjoyed an early dinner (5pm) and found it was the perfect "calm before the storm" time to eat.Special Features: