123 Baronne Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.domenicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5046486020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alon Shaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Domenica
Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Domenica reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (196)good for groups (126)hot spot (112)great for lunch (104)special occasion (83)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (49)romantic (45)kid-friendly (31)great for brunch (21)late-night find (18)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Something missingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014I was a little disappointed in the no. of entree selections. Mostly pizza and pasta. An Italian rest. should have veal. Fortunately the special of the day a seafood stew was a good entree selection and was very tasty. A good chicken roast would be good. Some good Italian veggie sides would be good. Broccolini for example.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere!DBDtravelerDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I shared an excellent arugula salad and procuitto pizza to save calories. Both were plenty large to share. The olive oil has a "kick" to it and was delicious on the awesome Italian bread before our meal. We loved the atmosphere and food. We would return. This is a popular hot spot in the beautiful Roosevelt Hotel, so make your reservations early, or the day before, for any meal! We enjoyed an early dinner (5pm) and found it was the perfect "calm before the storm" time to eat.Special Features:
- Good Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went for lunch. We had Crispy Veal Tongue for an appetizer. My wife had the pancetta pizza with fresh arugula. I had the dirty risotto. All the food was very good. We had a great waiter who was able to describe the different dishes. I have not had a great deal of success at other John Besh restaurants, but Domenica is worth going back.Special Features:
- It took 45 minutes to get entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014The food is great but somehow our order took over 45 minutes to prepare. Tables seated after us were all served and about finished before we received our entrees. The manager apologized and offered us a glass of wine. We had finished the bottle while waiting. The food was great but will think twice about going back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza is fab!krcubbyDined on 9/27/2014The best thing about Domenica is the pizza -- I don't know if it's the greatest in the world, but it's certainly the best in New Orleans and the best I've ever had in the United States. The crust is so light and airy that it's weightless, and the toppings different from the usual pepperoni. I've tried several now, and have not had one I didn't like. We had a mushroom bruschetta as an appetizer (a special of the day), which was also a bit of heaven! Prices are extremely reasonable. I plan to make Domenica a dining habit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayssararachelDined on 9/26/2014We sampled several different items, including the watermelon feta salad, roasted cauliflower, roasted carrot pizza and butternut squash ravioli. For dessert we ordered the chocolate hazelnut pudding and shared a flight of their new "cellos"..we tried lemon cucumber, strawberry, orange fennel and mixed citrus. All fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really greatjakeDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Resturant is noisy, but overall experience was worth the noise.Special Features:
- Great take on italmojoetooVIPDined on 9/25/2014Cauliflower is good as billed but beware it is a full head served along with a creamy dipping sauce so best as a shared appetizer for say a table of 4 or more. Pizza a must here. Slow cooked lamb shoulder really shined as did the duck liver pate. Reasonably priced chiefly italian wine list offers nice range of wines within most regions. On the return to list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdithEdithDined on 9/25/2014It was our first time to dine at Domenica, we enjoyed the food, excellent octopus carpaccio. Service was fast and wait staff was friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Not that impressedAH24travelerDined on 9/23/2014I ate here with a group of friends on a recent visit to New Orleans because it had decent reviews and came recommended by a family member. We tried the kale upon other recommendations and it was wonderful. The pizza had a great crust - but I must say I wasn't impressed with the toppings. I'm Italian and I like a lot of flavor...the sausage, etc...just was really mild and bland. Not a bad meal...but definitely not my favorite.Special Features:
- Good pizzaBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant tries to be upscale but fails. Service is average. Tables are chipped and worn. Silverware comes wrapped in your napkin like a diner. It is very loud. But the pizza and pasta are very good. Food combinations are unusual but they work. In a town of Gumbo and Crayfish, a casual Italian restaurant is nice for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places in Nola..snnATXVIPDined on 9/22/2014I am very happy to have finally been able to eat at Domenica while visiting New Orleans. The food was excellent and the service was as well. We really enjoyed our meal and will have to make this a must on our next visit.Special Features:
- One thing to say:OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Please order the roasted cauliflower, you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domenica at DomenicasMangiamoDined on 9/21/2014We really enjoyed the food and our server, Nicole, was nice, knowledgable and friendly. The place fills up quickly and gets loud from the din of conversation. It is very convenient and tasty for guests of the Roosevelt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicelovenola0217Dined on 9/21/2014Very good carrot / veggie pizza! So interesting Side salad also light and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza and KalefrequenttouristDined on 9/20/2014You have to try the fried Kale. All else is good, lasagna really good but kale is great. Always fun for people watching and a wine list with good variety (at least within Italy)Special Features:
- YumJchaitVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was a great restaurant. Itvwas our first meal in NOLA. No complaints. It might be too loud for some people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb shoulder melted in my mouth!JuneIDined on 9/18/2014Beautiful place, easy to find. Fantastic food, yum. Go to Domenica!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.GreyWarden90Dined on 9/18/2014It was easy to find, good atmosphere to boot. We went at 5:15 and it was steady but not too busy; We went for my boyfriends birthday. Our service was spotty but decent but the food was good! I got the duck pasta, needed a little more flavor to it. My boyfriend got the traditional style lasagne and devoured it. His was a large portion and mine was decent sized. This was our first stop in New Orleans, I would say it was a good start off.Special Features:
- Incredible piesBlueDogManDined on 9/18/2014The pizzas here are incredibly good. They use the freshest of ingredients and the flavor combinations blend together in perfect harmony. Be sure to stop in for their happy hour for half price pizzas and beer. A must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ServiceBeckyDined on 9/18/2014It was a "lunch hour lunch" so it was important to be able to make it back to the office within the hour. Not only did I receive the prompt seating & service I requested, via open table, but I also received a courteous & non intrusive server to which I was thankful. Service was given timely, courteously & professionally. My guest & myself were able to have a wonderful conversation & not feel rushed, even though we were in one. Excellent service! Where this restaurant is usually full at the time I went, it was not that day, which added to the pleasant experience even more since it was not as vibrant as it normally is. The food is always delicious, but that particular day, the service stood out to me more than the food. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent innovativeantiquetravlerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Being from New Haven, CT, the pizza capital of the world we had to try Dominica. It is fantastic we started with the cauliflower which is a must!! Out if this world. Eggplant !! Lasagna!! and the pizza. Wow NO has it going on. The waiter was excellent. Never made it to dessert way too full. Absolutely loved it highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domenicas just okLhpfoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014With all the amazing restaurants in New Orleans this was not worth it. Menu was limited, atmosphere not all that comfortable, food just ok. I would not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014this is a great place for food and fun the waiters are great service is the same but overall its the food. A wonderful dining experience, the chef is magic with his flavors and style. a must try is the fried Kale and the carrot appetizer.Special Features:
- Great findps139Dined on 9/12/2014Dolmenica was great. Service was fantastic and food great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry gramsHungryGramsDined on 9/12/2014Very noisy - service slow - food great especially fried kale - pasta portions smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back!BrmdDined on 9/12/2014Service was really terrific and the food exceeded our high expectations!Special Features:
- EateverywhereVIPDined on 9/10/2014Small menu but what they do they do very well. Makes for a great evening when food and service come together. Dessert was equally impressive, hope that the Besh empire expands.Special Features:
- I was not disappointedsharshonDined on 9/8/2014I was dining alone, which often means I'm all but ignored by servers. My server at Domenica was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was delicious. The roasted cauliflower with feta whip was amazing. The tagliatelle was perfectly cooked and the sauce, with rabbit and mushrooms, was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. terrible serviceborgneDined on 9/8/2014We usually love this place, but lately the service is terrible. I had to ask the server to remove plates, get us place settings, extra plates, and finally had to grab another server to get her attention as she was so busy chatting she couldn't see me from 5 feet away waving my arms to try and get her to bring our check. This place has nothing for kids other than a full adult pizza. I dont know any child under 10 :-) who could eat that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be amazed.GoldiefrocksDined on 9/6/2014I was totally unprepared for how FABULOUS this meal would be. We had been eating our way through the city, and this one STILL was a hands down standout! We started with remarkable beer/wine and a mortadella and anchovie pizza. Profess your aversion to anchovies all you want, but HOLY MOLY that pizza was sublime! After the first bite we looked at each other and agreed this was the BEST PIZZA EVER! Everything was FANTASTIC, but we especially enjoyed the squid ink pasta with blue crab. Flavor and texture were just out of this world. Amanda was a delightful server. Value was excellent. Atmosphere is lively. Put it on your list, it's definitely on mine! Will drive the 3 hours just to eat there again...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale pizzaChuckDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant tries to be more than it is. Some winners besides some failed attempts. Stick with the pizza and you won't be unhappy. Eggplant was excellent, but rosotto was mealy and a definite miss. Relatively loud and expensive if you order wine by the glass.
- Domenica bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good but service was cold and unfriendly. The waiter was a stocky white older fellow with a sour macho attitude. He rush us to order and never checked on us. The food was however really good and portions were big. The room was nicely decorate but the acoustics was terrible it needed some noise cancellation material because the noise level was at such a high decibel that you have to yell to talk to your party. We were celebrating a birthday and our first meal in nola and this place did not provide us with that famous southern hospitality. I would not go back as service was rude and unfriendly. They are plenty places in nola with good food and good services.
- Kale is decadent & addictive!JimmyDined on 8/31/2014Yummy. The best roasted cauliflower & whipped goat cheese and flash fried kale. Ever!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!pizzaluvsVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went during happy hour with a group of 12 and everyone enjoyed their pizza and drinks (especially since it was all 1/2 off). Ordered almost every pizza on the menu and there were no complaints. Our server was also great. Very attentive, fun, and kind enough to split our bill as requested.Special Features:
- On a gentle slopeQuatschDined on 8/31/2014Domenica has been great. Each successive visit is a reminder of that, though one has to work progressively harder to uncover an aspect or two which remain equal to earlier times. Surprises still can be discovered, but something new gets lost every visit. No mushroom soup (absolutely phenomenal when it existed), then no any soup; even the menu has shrunk. Pity. Real shame.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchGeneBPDined on 8/30/2014We found Dominica on our last trip to NOLA, and were very pleased. We returned and the service, food, and atmosphere was again wonderful. This is a "must" on our NOLA food tour from now on.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceAbitaGuyDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Domenica several times, but this was the first visit for my lady friend. She and I enjoyed it very much. We started with a watermelon salad with arugula and goat cheese. We then split a pizza. I already knew how great the pizzas are from my previous visits, but my lady friend raved how good it was, saying "This is the best pizza that I have ever had!" We finished our meal with a wonderful dessert. The name escapes me, but it was a pastry stuffed with a sweet goat cheese and apples. Yummmm! We had a window seat overlooking the beautiful Jesuit Church and a very pleasant waitress. My only complaint about Domenica is that it tends to be noisy (the reason for 4 stars instead of 5). I highly recommend Domenica.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!XtineMDined on 8/28/2014Such an amazing meal here. Visited NOLA and went here for dinner. Service was awesome and food even better. Loved the modern feel of the restaurant. Would absolutely come here again!Special Features:
- Always greatLacouple5Dined on 8/28/2014Another great meal before the Saints game. Quick caring service, combined with delicious food and delightful drinks.Special Features: