123 Baronne Street
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Central Business District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.domenicarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5046486020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alon Shaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Domenica
Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Domenica reviews from OpenTable diners
293 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (198)good for groups (122)great for lunch (112)hot spot (110)special occasion (90)notable wine list (59)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (49)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (22)late-night find (20)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Lamb shoulder melted in my mouth!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Beautiful place, easy to find. Fantastic food, yum. Go to Domenica!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014It was easy to find, good atmosphere to boot. We went at 5:15 and it was steady but not too busy; We went for my boyfriends birthday. Our service was spotty but decent but the food was good! I got the duck pasta, needed a little more flavor to it. My boyfriend got the traditional style lasagne and devoured it. His was a large portion and mine was decent sized. This was our first stop in New Orleans, I would say it was a good start off.Special Features:
- Incredible piesBlueDogManDined on 9/18/2014The pizzas here are incredibly good. They use the freshest of ingredients and the flavor combinations blend together in perfect harmony. Be sure to stop in for their happy hour for half price pizzas and beer. A must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent innovativeantiquetravlerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Being from New Haven, CT, the pizza capital of the world we had to try Dominica. It is fantastic we started with the cauliflower which is a must!! Out if this world. Eggplant !! Lasagna!! and the pizza. Wow NO has it going on. The waiter was excellent. Never made it to dessert way too full. Absolutely loved it highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domenicas just okLhpfoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014With all the amazing restaurants in New Orleans this was not worth it. Menu was limited, atmosphere not all that comfortable, food just ok. I would not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014this is a great place for food and fun the waiters are great service is the same but overall its the food. A wonderful dining experience, the chef is magic with his flavors and style. a must try is the fried Kale and the carrot appetizer.Special Features:
- Great findps139Dined on 9/12/2014Dolmenica was great. Service was fantastic and food great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry gramsHungryGramsDined on 9/12/2014Very noisy - service slow - food great especially fried kale - pasta portions smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back!BrmdDined on 9/12/2014Service was really terrific and the food exceeded our high expectations!Special Features:
- EateverywhereVIPDined on 9/10/2014Small menu but what they do they do very well. Makes for a great evening when food and service come together. Dessert was equally impressive, hope that the Besh empire expands.Special Features:
- I was not disappointedsharshonDined on 9/8/2014I was dining alone, which often means I'm all but ignored by servers. My server at Domenica was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was delicious. The roasted cauliflower with feta whip was amazing. The tagliatelle was perfectly cooked and the sauce, with rabbit and mushrooms, was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food. terrible serviceborgneDined on 9/8/2014We usually love this place, but lately the service is terrible. I had to ask the server to remove plates, get us place settings, extra plates, and finally had to grab another server to get her attention as she was so busy chatting she couldn't see me from 5 feet away waving my arms to try and get her to bring our check. This place has nothing for kids other than a full adult pizza. I dont know any child under 10 :-) who could eat that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be amazed.GoldiefrocksDined on 9/6/2014I was totally unprepared for how FABULOUS this meal would be. We had been eating our way through the city, and this one STILL was a hands down standout! We started with remarkable beer/wine and a mortadella and anchovie pizza. Profess your aversion to anchovies all you want, but HOLY MOLY that pizza was sublime! After the first bite we looked at each other and agreed this was the BEST PIZZA EVER! Everything was FANTASTIC, but we especially enjoyed the squid ink pasta with blue crab. Flavor and texture were just out of this world. Amanda was a delightful server. Value was excellent. Atmosphere is lively. Put it on your list, it's definitely on mine! Will drive the 3 hours just to eat there again...soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale pizzaChuckDined on 9/6/2014Restaurant tries to be more than it is. Some winners besides some failed attempts. Stick with the pizza and you won't be unhappy. Eggplant was excellent, but rosotto was mealy and a definite miss. Relatively loud and expensive if you order wine by the glass.
- Domenica bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was good but service was cold and unfriendly. The waiter was a stocky white older fellow with a sour macho attitude. He rush us to order and never checked on us. The food was however really good and portions were big. The room was nicely decorate but the acoustics was terrible it needed some noise cancellation material because the noise level was at such a high decibel that you have to yell to talk to your party. We were celebrating a birthday and our first meal in nola and this place did not provide us with that famous southern hospitality. I would not go back as service was rude and unfriendly. They are plenty places in nola with good food and good services.
- Kale is decadent & addictive!JimmyDined on 8/31/2014Yummy. The best roasted cauliflower & whipped goat cheese and flash fried kale. Ever!!!Special Features:
- Excellent food & service!pizzaluvsVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went during happy hour with a group of 12 and everyone enjoyed their pizza and drinks (especially since it was all 1/2 off). Ordered almost every pizza on the menu and there were no complaints. Our server was also great. Very attentive, fun, and kind enough to split our bill as requested.Special Features:
- On a gentle slopeQuatschDined on 8/31/2014Domenica has been great. Each successive visit is a reminder of that, though one has to work progressively harder to uncover an aspect or two which remain equal to earlier times. Surprises still can be discovered, but something new gets lost every visit. No mushroom soup (absolutely phenomenal when it existed), then no any soup; even the menu has shrunk. Pity. Real shame.Special Features:
- Fantastic LunchGeneBPDined on 8/30/2014We found Dominica on our last trip to NOLA, and were very pleased. We returned and the service, food, and atmosphere was again wonderful. This is a "must" on our NOLA food tour from now on.Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceAbitaGuyDined on 8/29/2014I have been to Domenica several times, but this was the first visit for my lady friend. She and I enjoyed it very much. We started with a watermelon salad with arugula and goat cheese. We then split a pizza. I already knew how great the pizzas are from my previous visits, but my lady friend raved how good it was, saying "This is the best pizza that I have ever had!" We finished our meal with a wonderful dessert. The name escapes me, but it was a pastry stuffed with a sweet goat cheese and apples. Yummmm! We had a window seat overlooking the beautiful Jesuit Church and a very pleasant waitress. My only complaint about Domenica is that it tends to be noisy (the reason for 4 stars instead of 5). I highly recommend Domenica.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!XtineMDined on 8/28/2014Such an amazing meal here. Visited NOLA and went here for dinner. Service was awesome and food even better. Loved the modern feel of the restaurant. Would absolutely come here again!Special Features:
- Always greatLacouple5Dined on 8/28/2014Another great meal before the Saints game. Quick caring service, combined with delicious food and delightful drinks.Special Features:
- Definitely worth a visitJsfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We went to domenica on a quiet weeknight (and early) with a picky teenager. We all loved our food. I had the watermelon salad which was really good. We had the following entrees: lasagna, risotto and tagliatelle. I got the small portion of risotto which was plenty, a bit rich and filling. My husband and son both cleaned their plates. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014We went here a few weeks ago and loved everything. This time the pizza crust was soggy and the service was awful. Our waiter seemed all about the table next to us and we were very much an afterthought. The shoddy service really affected our enjoyment of the meal. After our first vist I told a bunch of people how great the reastaurant was but I guess it depends on your server. I will probably go back but I will make sure I don't get that guy again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodABottleofRedDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed dinner. The appetizers were great as was the pizza. Entrees were also excellent although one pasta was too salty. We would return next trip to NOLASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yumDLEquiDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 8th visit to Domenica. We tried the eggplant starter, which was outstanding. And as always, the pizza was delicious. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza worth your last meal!AnnAsproVIPDined on 8/23/2014After having discussed what is the best pizza in the city, Domenica's special - squash blossom and goat cheese - won without contest. We ordered it on a curious whim, but were delighted and couldn't believe our taste buds. With the complex flavors and thin crust it took every ounce of strength to savor and not devour. The wait person who guided us was charming and not pushy at all but it might have been her compelling description that made our decision and we are happy about that.Special Features:
- Great mealKatieDined on 8/22/2014Domenica is loud, but the food and service are great. I've never had a bad meal there. Pizzas are good, of course, but the small plates, pastas, and entrees are noteworthy too. I love the meat and cheese board with the savory beignets. Good wine list. Our servers were very patient with my 5 year old son who was with me. They treated him like he was an important diner. My only complaint, besides the noise, is that the small plates and pastas seem overpriced. I suspect that's because Domenica is in a hotel and has a pretty significant tourist population of diners at dinner. Overall, though, it's a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTJbushDined on 8/19/2014Dominica is absolutely my FAVORITE restaurant in the whole world!!!!! I could not imagine ever again coming to Nola and not eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzas & SaladEnjoyNewOrleansDined on 8/16/2014The clam pizza remains a favorite. We have not been in a while and they added a couple of Chardonnays which my wife appreciated. The restaurant will inspire to learn more about Italian wines.Special Features:
- Great findluv2eatDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed the dining experience. Food was amazing. Service was great.Special Features:
- Domenica DelightfulcheekykaliDined on 8/15/2014I loved every ounce of what I ate: octopus carpaccio, squid ink tagliolini, the fennel sausage and pork with salsa verde half-and-half pizza, and topped it off with peach cake with salted caramel and vanilla ice cream. It was all phenomenal! The drinks are small, but superb, and the awesome waiter we had was fantastic as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Domenica a hit!GritsDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Domenica. After an afternoon at Galatoire's on a fabulous Friday, we were far from famished, so the lighter fare at Domenica was perfect. It's John Besh's Italian effort in the Roosevelt, so the walk through the truly magnificent hotel lobby is a highlight. Our server was wonderful and guided us through the menu choices and helped us build a pizza for two that hit the spot. The watermelon salad was perfect and the pappardele was delicious. The Sazerac Bar next door looked inviting. We'll make that the first stop next time. Overall, one of our best meals in a weekend filled with great meals.Special Features:
- Before game mealjmoore78Dined on 8/15/2014Booked meal at Domenica prior to Saints game that evening. Extremely convenient inside The Roosevelt Hotel and our third or fourth dining experience with them. Service was prompt, helpful, professional and pleasant. Wine choices were excellent. Restaurant was busy, full and active. My wife and I shared an appetizer of the roasted eggplant, which was outstanding, and fennel sausage / carrot and beet pizza. Both were delicious and well prepared to order. Waitress was very responsive to questions about passing dishes and general conversation as desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!Luv2EatWellVIPDined on 8/14/2014Perfect spot for a foodie. Wish you guys were in the DC area. Your look and fell would work well in our region. I'd definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with beshNolaGirlDined on 8/12/2014Excellent seasonal offerings, great service and the fudge cookies at the end- to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKeithDined on 8/9/2014Very good place to try if you're looking for something a little different than mainstream food. There are several "different" items on the menu that taste great, but a little different. I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Pizza is okayLinusVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went on a recommendation. The pizza is good but no better than other gourmet pizza restaurants in out neighborhood in CA. The panzanella salad croutons were soaked in oil and made the salad inefible. The pappardelle pasta with the pork meatballs was also inefible due too much oil and butter that congealed on the plate. The meatballs were extremely salty. I would not go back nor recommend this restaurant.
- Good food; but too noisyChuckDined on 8/7/2014We have had lunch at Domenica several times and always had a great meal. Unusual selections with great appetizers. We are disappointed that Domenica has not addressed the noise level. The restaurant was still busy at 1pm and finally quieted down around 1:30. People must not be concerned with the noise....it was crowded! We ordered a pizza to take to our room for later and we were disappointed in the quality...almost no toppings, over-cooked (burned), and not enough cheese. This is a "pizza place" so why not make a great pizza for the high price. There are many other restaurants in New Orleans that are just as good (many better) that have a better ambiance ie Bayona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best everway2goodDined on 8/5/2014The combination of flavors and flare of the food was incredible. Everything we ordered was fantastic.Special Features: