6419 N Florida Ave
Tampa, FL 33604Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domanibl.com/
- Phone: 8136445995
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Alex Knezevic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Friday and Saturday starting at 7:00pm!
- Special Events: Wine Tasting Every Wednesday starting in August!
Sunday Brunch starts on August18!
A word from Domani Bistro
Culinary ingenuity steeped in tradition. Home made pasta, gnocchi and focaccia bread, fresh daily! Hand-crafted cocktails created by mixology legends. Located in the heart of Seminole Heights, the pulse of Tampa"s Culinary Arts Scene. Domani Bistro is the peak of dining pleasure. We look forward to entertaining you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Domani Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Steaks are not their giftMattyDined on 12/24/2013We loved the restaurant but they mixed up our order and the New York Strip was rare and full of marbling, the filet was medium and tough. it was Christmas Eve and we did not want to ruin the dinner for our guest so we ate it but it was an expensive dinner that was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit and it provedGregDined on 12/20/2013Second visit and it proved the first was no fluke. Had a very good meal. Lively place this time. Last time was rather quiet...maybe it was the day of the week but I don't recall. This time was a Friday and the place was mostly full. Excellent value. Prices are very reasonable. We definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- One of my favesCassieVIPDined on 12/14/2013Came here for my moms birthday and she loved it! Asked for a standup in a bar on open table and they reserved one For us! I was very impressed w that. For is always amazing. Our server on this night was particularly fabulous. The only thing I would suggest is to sit in the bar area. I prefer more people around when I'm out to eat and the dining room is a Little sterile and quiet for my taste. Wasn't my first visit and def won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be returning!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Domani's is an exceptional gem that caters to the foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulFoodiegalDined on 11/16/2013The menu has changed with the season and while we miss some old favs, there was so much to love once again. Definitely recommend the eggplant parm-- tasty, slightly crisped breaded medallions of fresh eggplant, with the perfect consistency of cheese and sauce made for a tasty dinner. Leftovers were yummy for lunch the next day too! Our table also had salmon cake appetizers ( YES!), tater tots (don't miss) . mahi ( good) , filet. Osso Buco and the chicken- in a tasty cream sauce. All were scrumptious. Bosco whipped up some great drinks, service was great, as usual, local talent playing 40s standards added to the liveliness and ambience. Love how friendly other diners always are- great food/atmosphere, no pretense.Special Features:
- GREAT service, food AND drinks!TPOCONNORDined on 11/16/2013This was a wonderful dining experience from beginning to end! Made our reservation on Open Table, specifying our preferred table. While the restaurant was PACKED upon our arrival (10 minutes late) our table was ready and waiting...it may have been the only open table in the place at that point. Our server was lovely and attentive. I had the lamb, hubby the filet...it was a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food for the price.SpotterDined on 11/16/2013Decent food for the price. The server, Mindy, was very accomplished. There was a change(upwards) in the house wine prices which is not reflected on the website. The main drawback is the noise level, which makes it difficult to have a conversation. Overall, the food is good and prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious, butAtomAntVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food was delicious, but the desserts were a little deceiving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindDomani50Dined on 11/14/2013In Fine Dining I would highly recommend this restaurant for celebration. The setting is very intimate and private for a romantic dinner. The food was top knotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable nightHammertimeDined on 11/10/2013Food and service were outstanding, one of my new favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for week or weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2013We usually come for the great bar scene and food weekdays and were pleasantly surprised to see the restaurant take it up a notch on weekend with lively music and slightly more formal. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will become a regularbdtampaDined on 10/23/2013Having seen the restaurant several times and heard from a friend that is was great we decided to give it a whirl. The food and service were great and the presentations were fabulous. We will become regulars here as it was that good. Give it a try.Special Features:
- Worth the drive to Seminole HeightsNewmanDined on 10/19/2013Domani Bistro is a gem that's worth driving to Seminole Heights. Parking is easy; ambiance is great. Our server was very knowledgeable about the entire menu and helped with recommendations. There is a great piano/ trumpet duo that provides just the right level of music for dining and drinking. Great range of food. The fried anchovy appetizer looked very interesting, though we opted for grapes rolled in a soft cheese and encrusted with pistachios. For dinner my husband had grouper accompanied with fresh peas. I had eggplant parmesan which was cooked just right and served over pasta. The bar specializes in hand-crafted cocktails. We will be back, and we’ll bring friends.Special Features:
- Surprise Find!!!!!AquaPeggyDined on 10/11/2013My friends and I went to Domani Bistro because my friend, Dwayne White, was playing trumpet there that night. We had no idea what to expect from the restaurant but planned to eat there, too. What a pleasant surprise! The wine was great, and the food was even better! Most importantly, the food was not salty. Most restaurants ruin the flavor with too much salt. We senior citizens cannot eat that much salt and usually go home with swollen ankles and high blood pressure. Domani's chef knows to flavor the food with natural ingredients and spices, not an overabundance of salt. Thank you very much, and we will be back. The music was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie FindjgramlingDined on 10/10/2013Domani was very good. The menu was creative - think Tempura anchovies for example. Their bread dipping sauce was made with an excellent olive oil and non-typical spices. Everything we had was excellent and we will definitely return to try other items. We went on a Thurs about 6:00 and we were the only people in the restaurant the whole time even though they seemed to have a fair crowd at the bar. Hopefully this is not typical because they really need to stay open for business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in TampaJessiBDined on 10/4/2013I think the best way to describe how much we love this restaurant is that we have made it our goal to eat our way through each menu before they change it again. Which is not easy as we find so many favorites as we go. Smoky octopus that melts in your mouth, filet with blue cheese mash and bacon soy caramel, grapes rolled in brie and pistachios with a red wine reduction. And one of the best drink menus around with house infused liquors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serious funFoodiegalDined on 9/28/2013We are regulars for an after dinner drink, but recently became enamored with teh foo. The appetizer tater tots, lemon risotto and short ribs are brilliant. But recently, we tried their watermelon tower salad- a sensational mix of glazed balsamic, fresh local greens and caramelized onions and crisp refreshing watermelon. A true gastronomic adventure great for warm weather. Cant wat til the dish returns next summer, Their tuna was also delectable and we enjoy the local musical talent, friendly folks at and around the bar and the way it feels like you have returned home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Bosco's potions are also worth a try!Special Features:
- Noisy but goodYumyumDined on 9/21/2013Simple but lively atmosphere, quality food, good prices. The spinach salad was excellent! (Too bad we didn't get to finish it before the waiter brought out the entrees.) The dining room when filled is too loud. We had to shout across the table to talk, but it least it is a convivial atmosphere! It would be nice if they would offer at least one regular vegetarian entree.Special Features:
- Excellent all around.mikeinparisDined on 9/21/2013I had no idea there was an Italian restaurant this good in the Seminole Heights area. Actually, I drove all the way from St. Pete last week just for the lamb chops! From the very good wine list to the inventive Italian cuisine to the best service in Tampa, an evening at Domani is a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerJudyDined on 9/21/2013dinner was great! We could not have asked for anything better. My husband and I had the spaghetti and meatballs, and they were delicious. They had just a hint of lemon. My daughter had the pork shank braised in wine, and it too was delicous. We will definitely be bavkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soZbobDined on 9/20/2013I'd give the food a B-...just ordinary, nothing extraordinary. My wife's tomato bisque was a slight step above tomato soup...a bit bland. And her eggplant parmesan was skimpy on the eggplant and thin slices at that. My filet and blue cheese mashed was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not rushing back6minDined on 9/14/2013I wouldn't rush back - food not worth it plus they were out of a couple items - and the noise was intolerable - couldn't even talk with friends at my table.
- Outstanding Food; Unbearable NoiseGeorgesVIPDined on 9/14/2013Every dish my group had was outstanding, creative, plentiful and well-priced but the service was extremely slow & poorly paced -- half hour before drinks were served; one hour before bread was served simultaneously with appetizers and food not long after. We could forgive all this as start-up pains but conversation level was excessively high when we arrived to a partially filled room and became unbearable once the jazz band, with trumpet, started. Shouting is required to have any dinner conversation at all. The bar was quite busy and people seemed to be happy. So maybe this is just best for a younger crowd!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013Friendly reception from the hostess and our server and a pleasant atmsphere with live music. Unable to taste the brie in the award-winning Grape appetizer (a little too sweet for our taste as an appetizer; might have been better as a dessert.) Fresh and well-cooked grouper entree, but very little flavor. Special of the night, braised pork with dandelion greens; maybe it was our misinterpretation of the server's description, but it was basically a scoop of ((tasty) pulled pork with fancy spices and the greens were not to my husband's liking-a little to far off both of our taste palates.
- First time-Will be backExpandingChoicesVIPDined on 9/7/2013Good food, good environment, good service. Menu was broad enough to provide choices while still feeling refined. Tomas did a good job with explanations. Rolled grapes were good recommendations from other users. Restaurant felt trendy and foodie without trying to be.Special Features:
- Second time was not a charmDrschafesVIPDined on 9/6/2013Food was terrific, once delivered. Place was full...which caused the service to be quite slow. One of our steaks was way overcooked. The manager did compensate us by waiving corkage and comping dessert. Food is terrific...hope they get the service part to match...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2013I was looking for higher energy and broader brunch menu, but what they did, they did well, and I left impressed, I will go back for the outstanding eggs benedict!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJm32VIPDined on 8/30/2013this was our 4th time dining at domani and the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- A wonderful spot!FoodisfunDined on 8/30/2013This place is perfect. The food is hand-crafted and gourmet without being fussy or pretentious. It reminds me of a bistro in a "sophisticated" city like Seattle or San Francisco but it is right here in our little rugged Seminole Heights neighborhood. The atmosphere is great: warm, arty, inviting. I have been here twice, both times quite memorable. The filet mignon was tender, thick perfectly aged and cooked. The lamb was splendid. The handcrafted cocktails were delicious. The service was extraordinary on both of my visits, and the live music was a plus.... This is my new go-to restaurant in Tampa for a nice, real food/real food night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backJEatsDined on 8/27/2013Through the Dine Tampa Bay weeks we were looking for a Tampa restaurant we had never been to and this was a pleasant surprise. Off our beaten path, the food was very good and the service was friendly and timely. It was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites in TampaTampaWineGuy42Dined on 8/23/2013I have dined here on about 5 occasions over the year that this restaurant has been open. Every time, I have found the food to be fantastic and the service always on point. Tonight was no exception. Loved the Filet and the Salmon Crudo. Definitely recommend this fine experience, and they have even dramatically improved the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domani's is a great find;KimmieDined on 8/18/2013Domani's is a great find; we will definitely be back. We celebrated our anniversary on a Sunday evening. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable in suggesting items on the menu. Everything we ordered was spectacular from the octopus appetizer to the osso bucco to the napa cabbage salad. Prices are very reasonable and we ordered appetizer, wine, and dessert. Ambience very nice. Will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectlastnightofvacationVIPDined on 8/17/2013We really enjoyed our dinner here. Nice place, very friendly staff and interesting menu. Love, love, loved the Rolled Grapes. We could have eaten a plate full. Hubby had the Pork Shank Osso Buco and he raved about the obviously house made pasta that came with it. I had Grilled Grouper. It was OK. The peas it came with were a little bland and undercooked for my taste. The fish was cooked very nicely and I was liking it until I got a mouth full of scales. I removed the rest of the skin from the fish and did eat the rest. It was good, except for the scales. I mentioned the scales to the server and it ended there. I did eat it all but I guess I expected some response from the server like I'll tell the chef. We will be back though.Special Features:
- SH gemBevieDined on 8/17/2013Great food in an eclectic, vibrant atmosphere. Interesting mixed drink options and attentive service. Fairly small menu but still nice options for vegetarians. Definitely will return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Seminole Heights Gem!independentrestaurantfanDined on 8/10/2013Our Domani's evening was top-notch. Live music in the bar was enjoyable, the service was appropriately attentive and our meal was excellent -- four different entrees and all received rave reviews. Our only complaint was our table location (too close to the entrance) and the noise level in the restaurant. Our party had to talk far too loudly to have a conversation due to the overall noise level in the restaurant's "hard space". Overall, our experience was excellent and very good value. It's nice to see the growing number of quality independent restaurants in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic ItalianLutzluv2dineDined on 8/7/2013Second time here and does not disappoint. Everyone loved their food. Glad to see the revitization in the area. The calamari and muscles appetizer were a big hit. The meatballs were unique but surprisingly tasty. The gnocchi is light a fluffy, not your normal heavy glob. Duck confit been good both times. No negatives at all. Try it you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome...LynADined on 8/3/2013Have been hearing the name Domani around town and mentioned in reviews. I live in Seminole Height but never saw it when driving around. It is certainly a hidden neighborhood gem. Romantic, dimly lit, warm colors set the atmosphere for a relaxing evening. Food was awesome. Service attentive. I had the Egg Plant Parmesan which went perfectly with the waiters recommended red wine (sorry didn't get the name of the wine). It was a generous portion, and oozing with mozzarella. My boyfriend had the fillet with mashed potatoes which he also enjoyed. I had a bite of the beef -- it was tender and cooked as ordered perfectly. Definitely a place to bring special out of town guests if wanting to impress. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJm32VIPDined on 7/31/2013This was our 2nd time at Domani and the food and service are excellentSpecial Features:
- Great Find!JackalDined on 7/14/2013Had it not been for Open Table, I'm not sure I'd have ever found this place. Group of four went on a last minutes quest for Italian food. After thirteen years in Tampa I hadn't found this place until I used Open Table to sarch. So glad I did, couldn't have been happier with the service, menu or price. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domani has a promising menu;rebucfanVIPDined on 7/12/2013Domani has a promising menu; but they need to get themselves a wine chiller; Room temperature for wine does not mean serve at 75F.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.