1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: 3026559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (email@example.com) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (57)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (47)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (28)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- As good as it gets ...JB22VIPDined on 7/16/2014Long time fan, returned for a business dinner last week. First - kudos to the brand new Summer menu and obviously the chef and his team for execution of same. The plate options on small or entree plates allows for just about every budget and appetite combination. My guest did the pork shoulder (decadent) and I had the day boat scallops. We split a cheese board and the bbq beet salad to start. We let the Sommelier choose our bottle from the BEST WINE CELLAR (not only in Delaware, but I say without hesitation best wine cellar in the tri-state area!). We were not disappointed. A barberesco that allowed for great balance between the pork shoulder and the scallops - it was a spot on selection at a great price. Service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night all the way aroundVacubsfanDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Domaine Hudson before but bought a groupon for the Prix Fixe menu where you pick and appetizer, entree, and dessert. We also ordered the charcuterie board and had a flight of 3oz pours of wine each. From start to finish, the food was fantastic. From the Duck pate on the charcuterie (among other great meats), to the grilled asparagus salad with lamb bacon (the best bite all night), to the Oxtail ragout, and finishing up with the blood orange flan, we enjoyed each course, each bite tremendously. Coupled with the best way to sample multiple wines, we just couldn't have asked for a better experience. The staff was helpful, ambiance terrific, and overall experience top shelf. Expect to pay $$$-$$$$, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!chartDined on 7/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant- everything is delicious, service is excellent, wine list cannot be beat. If you are looking for a wonderful, yet accessible dining experience, then look no further.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service.CINSOSDined on 7/9/2014What a great experience. Very relaxed feeling from the minute you walked in the door. We were seated and treated like old friends our entire stay. We shared 6 great items from the price fixed menu. The scallops, duck and desserts were all the big hits of the night. Can't wait to return, we studied the regular menu while we were there and several items caught our interest.Special Features:
- Good foodHappyTravelsVIPDined on 7/7/2014Food was good , but next time I would try the regular menu instead of the pre fixe. I wouldn't want to rate the restaurant on the pre fixe menu, as we didn't find it so appealing. If we go back, it'll be to try a regular meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerRobinoRealtorDined on 6/30/2014The food was amazing, matched with a great wine list and very attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date with hubbyHungrigirlDined on 6/28/2014Who knew this little gem of a restaurant was just a block down from the ale house and mikimotos? Interesting menu and extensive wine list. We did the prix fixe menu...for starters we had bay scallops and asparagus salad. Both were excellent! Entrees were duck leg and ricotta gundi. Again, extraordinary. The big finish was sangria sorbet and flan. Will be back when we are in the mood to splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteammyDined on 6/28/2014I treated my husband to Domaine Hudson for his birthday. It was an excellent choice. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation time and we were seated immediately. Andrew was our server and he was very attentive to our requests and offered us suggestions. The Olive Oil Poached Shrimp was amazing. It was the first course I didn't want it to end. The flavors were explosive on my pallet. The rest of the meal was also very good with the wine choices. We will definitely visit Domaine Hudson again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding findBrianDined on 6/27/2014This was my first time dining here. Very impressed with the quality of the food. Creative menu. Great value. Will return again and again. Our server was fantastic. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdindinDined on 6/15/2014The food here is always top notch,we went for Father's Day Brunch,the poached eggs and steak were excellent. We had a party of eight,everyone loved their dish. Service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerrustyDined on 6/14/2014We have not dined at Domaine for sometime and were very impressed with the whole experience. The food was wonderful and the waiter was great with his wine suggestions. We will definitely return more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go!DelawareDinerDined on 6/13/2014We continue to be impressed by Domaine Hudson. Menu is creative, wine list is extensive and well chosen, and staff are top notch. Wilmington is lucky to have this restaurant...you don't have to drive to Philadelphia to have a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- WonderfulLexBDined on 6/12/2014The food was among the best I have ever eaten and my wife, and I are foodies eating mostly in Philadelphia and New Your City. I must mention our server Javier who was the consummate professional . He was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive . You didn’t know he was there but he kept a constant eye on us and when we did need him he seemed to anticipate it and just appeared. He is a real asset to the restaurant.Special Features:
- So So GoodkeylimeDined on 6/10/2014We had a Groupon for a Fixed Price dinner. It was excellent-- really delightful. The wine list is awesome and they have 1.5, 3, and 6 oz portions of wine in case you want to taste more, and wine flights with imaginative names. I don't know why it has taken so long for us to go there again, and we will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- GROUPON TO GET YOUR FOOD ON!angeDined on 6/2/2014highly recommend this restaurant i am a vegetarian and found option within my 3 course groupon dinner and my boyfriend ...FAR from a veggie found and loved all of his choices as well. the cheese plate is a must and the wine iPad is awesome! can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Graduation DinnerJwbivVIPDined on 5/30/2014We went here for our son's college graduation dinner. We could not have picked a better spot. Service was excellent, food was great and we all fell in love with the Vino Pad. Definitely would recommend, and don't miss the cheese and charcuterie plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 5/28/2014Rare find and refreshingly unique. We felt pampered upon arriving and very welcome. Fantastic menu with a unique approach to an intimate, fine dining experience. We especially enjoyed the fixed price special dinner. A few things needed fine-tuning but the diligent staff made a few adjustments to make it next to perfection. We would definitely dine here again. Highly recommend, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not quite what we were expecting2FoodLoversDined on 5/24/2014Let's start with the good. The food was pretty darn awesome! I'd go back for that, but not for a special occasion - which this was. We were offered (and declined) their best table because it was right at the entrance to the restaurant and lacked any privacy. The service was odd. The waiter was nice if wordy with his descriptions and included the weight of every protein in his patter - including how much braised pork and pork belly was in the special. The sommelier (who may have been the owner) came by and asked if the wine he suggested to my husband on the phone was ok by pointing to the bottle and saying "it's ok?" Basically, the whole place from the decor to the service just lacked the finesse which their menu and website imply.Special Features:
- DisappointedWilmingtoniansDined on 5/16/2014Had such a great meal last time and was really disappointed. I ordered the small steak and it was very late arriving and ice cold. My wife ordered scallops and they too were cold ... It took way too long for our waiter to get to the table initially and then it was a long time before the drinks arrived. We found the hostess and bar tender to be very friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful. Domaine Hudson needs to step up their game.
- Awesome foodSkiingWithTheFamDined on 5/13/2014Dishes were amazing!! Service was a little slow considering there were only 4 or 5 tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayDatenightfunDined on 5/11/2014We have always loved Domaine Hudson and the food was very good this time just as always I loved the blackend beat salad was delicious I hope it's part of the regular menu. I thought the limited menu was to narrow of a selection for Mother's Day and the steak had a bit to much mint in it. But overall very good I would go back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food/ Very Slow serviceDaveSDined on 5/10/2014Dinner for 4 on a saurday evening - the food was very good, the setting warm comfortable the service was attentive but painfully slow .. 3 hours for dinner.
- EnjoyableINSULTDined on 5/10/2014Good food, wineand good service make for an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- Great Find!KJayDined on 5/10/2014Innovative menu. Great tasting food. Fabulous service. What more is there to say? Go.Special Features:
- Expensive but goodUbisandstoneDined on 5/10/2014We used a Groupon, but without the discount the price is high for the food quality. Scallops were lukewarm instead of hot.Special Features:
- Interesting Menu & Pro Wait StaffDeDiningGuyDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyable evening. Excellent wine selections and nearly every dish on the menu was something both of us wanted to try. Even better than our menu was the professional nature of the waiter. He described the menu items with the enthusiasm of a gourmet chef and genuinely seemed to relish his work. Only one negative note: Water glasses went unfilled for extended periods of time throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Just what we neededGDudeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Looking for a gourmet presentation at a local price, with a wine list that tops the charts? Try Domaine Hudson again. What a great experience in a local setting. with the right music and a little more atmosphere, you'd think you were in Italy or France. Foodies will find the ever-chaning gouremt menu to their likng and for a quiet, romantic dinner, this is the place. Service was well-attended and not interrupting. Priced qutie reasoanbly for the overall experience.Special Features:
- New FavoritePeggyAnneDined on 4/24/2014We loved our first visit and will certainly be back. The food and service were fantastic. The only thing I would comment on is the table itself. We were seated at a very small table pushed up against a wall, it felt crowded.Special Features:
- Always fantasticJanelleSVIPDined on 4/18/2014We LOVE Domaine Hudson. It is our favorite celebration spot. Javier is the best waiter and the wine list is endless. Best of all is the food. It is perfect! Wish we could eat here every night!Special Features:
- birthday dinnersuseaDined on 4/18/2014What a great dinner we had here for my birthday. The service was excellent and the food very very good. The best thing I liked was the choice between a full size dinner portion or a smaller "petite" portion. I had the smaller portion of the salmon , and it was perfect. Plenty of great wine choices, too. This was the first time we had been there. I don't know what took us so long! Will def be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gemHappydinerDined on 4/18/2014Domaine is a great spot for a quick bite pre-theater or conference (DuPont Theater, Grand or Christina Cultural Arts Center); or an intimate night out for 2-4. The food is special and the wine can be expertly paired to accompany the evening. A Strong recommendation: reserve your tables on WeekendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely come backJeepgrrlDined on 4/15/2014The cheese plate had a nice selection and was great as a starter. I ordered the duck and asked for a recommendation from the waiter on wine. His selection was perfect! Same with my dining partner. Overall the service was excellent and not rushed - with a fine meal I always appreciate being given time to savor. The duck was server medium rare and was extremely tender and flavorful. Who leaving the waiter thanked me by name - nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSweetieDined on 4/12/2014Wonderful food, great wine but pricey, friendly attentive service while unobtrusive, a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- Good food, very slow serviceJtdineDined on 4/11/2014Friends recommended Domaine Hudson based on their wine selections. We went on a Friday evening and the food service was waaaaay too slow. We were seated for 40 minutes and never offered bread, crackers or anything to enjoy with our wine selection. We weren't sure if it was intentional to increase alcohol sales. It definitely detracted from the experience. Cheese plate was very tasty, but it was served and I had to call the waiter back to explain what we were eating . The entrees were good, but nothing special for the money. The beat salad with whipped ricotta was delicious. It was a unique dish and the menu has limited selections so I would recommend looking at the menu online before going to make sure there"s something for everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, overpriced foodLoyaldinerDined on 4/11/2014It took us over an hour to get our entree. Appetizers were good but main dishes and desert left a lot to be desiredSpecial Features:
- JohnDined on 4/11/2014Great food - innovative. Excellent service. A keeper.Special Features:
- Great food!ElyseUUVIPDined on 4/10/2014We went for restaurant week and we were pleasantly surprised, hadn't eaten there in a long time. Loved the three course meal. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- The following 848 reviews are from the Domaine Hudson reviews archive.
- Unique Perfectly Prepared FoodFoodScoutDined on 4/1/2014Our meal was absolutely delicious and the service was impeccable. From the moment that we were greeted until we left they staff made us feel special and they tended to the needs of my elderly parents. The staff helped with finding us a quiet table and the special salt free dishes were perfectly prepared. Thanks to Domaine Hudson we had a memorable meal that will be used as standard for other restaurants to aspire to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for fourEllenVIPDined on 3/22/2014We took out of town friends for dinner and had a wonderful meal, as always. The only sour note was a soup dish that was lukewarm. The deserts, ice cream and flour less chocolate cake were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine HudsonLeooDined on 3/22/2014Excellent...food, service, experience. I'd highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.