1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: 3026559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (email@example.com) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (84)fit for foodies (80)special occasion (70)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (15)hot spot (10)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014We always have the best meal and wine suggestions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerRichardDined on 10/9/2014I took a group of six guys here to celebrate a birthday. The whole experience was great. Everyone of us liked every course we ordered. The wine list, which is presented on an iPad, is excellent. The service was just right too. This is one of the few excellent restaurants in Wilmington and equal to or better than most of the top Philadelphia restaurants. It would hold its own in Manhattan! If you're thinking of going here, do it. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- Arguably the BEST dining experienceJB22VIPDined on 10/4/2014Full disclosure ... name the restaurant in Delaware, we've dined there. Nothing measures up to the BIG CITY, FIRST CLASS experience of dining at Domaine Hudson. From the moment you arrive until the moment they say goodnight and wave good bye from the bar, the door and the host stand ... DH sparkles with top rate execution. Everyone knows about their impressive wine list, few mention that the prices are more than reasonable, some are an absolute steal considering the setting and the service. We dined on a chef's selection cheese board, the blackened beets with fresh ricotta (wow!), the olive oil poached shrimp, the pork shoulder and the whole fish Branzino - each dish - simply awe inspiring. A shame we didn't stay for dessert!Special Features:
- Excellent Personal Attention!abcdDined on 10/4/2014We savored a truly special family celebratory dinner! From greeting to parting birthday gift from the all the DH team, we were made to feel as though our occasion was as important to them as it was to us. Ambience, cuisine, and wines, & service all a delight. Try the wine flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Divine Culinary ExperienceGoSteelersDined on 10/4/2014Two foodies out on the town loved Domaine Hudson!! The Blackened Beet salad and Escargot Toast were each spectacular! The whole Branzino fileted tableside was wonderfully tender. The Ancho Chile Duck got a rave review!! Wine selection is great and 1.5 oz. pours allow you to sample a variety. Do Not Miss the Rosemary Cake with Balsamic Gelato and Figs for dessert! It is wonderful!! Service was warm and attentive (Dmitry?) Thank you Domaine Hudson!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerJWchef1Dined on 10/2/2014Of course the staff's attention to detail was very pleasant and thorough. The swordfish and New York strip steak were done to perfection. The chocolate flourless cake was a chocolate lover's dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Food and Great Winesberyl1221VIPDined on 9/27/2014We went for the Delaware Dines Out week, and were not disappointed. The food was wonderful--I had the grilled asparagus, lamb bacon, and poached egg salad to start--perfect combination of salty, crunchy, sweet, and soft. Oh my! We were disappointed they were out of the fried quail, but my husband's duck confit did not disappoint at all! My swordfish was perfectly cooked in a fabulous sauce I used bread to finish every bit of! The only jarring note was the pickled carrots with it. I felt it overpowered the delicate fish (and I love pickled vegetables, but these had no balance). Dessert of dense, fudgy flourless chocolate cake and fruit crumble was the perfect finish. We got a lovely bottle of a white blend to go with dinner. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JWchef1Dined on 9/26/2014Another great lunch during restaurant week. I realize that Domaine Hudson isn't normally open for lunch, but the quality of the food and service was the same as for evening dining, extraordinary especially considering the size of the kitchen staff. I was looking forward to the chocolate flourless cake, but it was not available so the chef suggested the sticky toffee pudding with cream cheese gelato with whiskey carmel sauce and roasted dates. Since I am not a date fan, I wasn't sure if I would like it. However, the housemade dessert was delightfully light and not too sweet. I am a convert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but be prepared to waitGlutenFreeGalDined on 9/25/2014A few friends and I went to Domaine Hudson as part of Delaware Dines Out. We each got the three-course menu. Our appetizers came out relatively quickly (within 15 minutes) but our entrees took nearly an hour. We requested a rush on our desserts because we had plans for after dinner, and that was kindly accommodated. The food was delicious. We were all members of the clean plate club. And the wine selection is unlike any other in Wilmington, it really is remarkable. The service was friendly and generally stellar, although I did take away some stars because we could have used some more check-ins/updates on our entrees. Overall, a great experience. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- My first visitTsfoodexperieceDined on 9/25/2014My experience was very pleasant, staff was very polite and knowledgeable about menu. The food presentation was beautiful and the taste was wonderful. I'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll give it another chance!BonAppetitDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed so much about our evening at Domaine Hudson. It was during Delaware Dines Out, so the restaurant was crowded. We were a little disappointed by some of the items on the menu, although the swordfish and the asparagus were great! Our waiter was not as "smooth" as others, and service was slow. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentodieDined on 9/24/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday and had a wonderful time. Staff was very professional and accommodating. Service was wonderful. Tried the lamb belly which i found delicious. Brought my 8 yr old with me and they even made pasta off menu for her tho i wouldn't recommend bringing kids there. Will Def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the DE Dines Out lunch menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The grilled asparagus salad & DH burger are outstanding!Special Features:
- Awesome!DiningOutDivaDined on 9/22/2014My husband had previously dined here for business many years ago before and said it was good. Ownership changed and now it is fabulous!! The food was exceptional, Colette our server was wonderful and the manager/sommelier was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great experienceHighSpeed99Dined on 9/20/2014Great ---great --- dinner ... had the braised pork shoulder --- one of best meal in Delaware...Special Features:
- Delicious food and great staff!KO1124Dined on 9/19/2014The food is always great! We've have had the same server the last 2 times, and she is awesome! Pairs wines perfectly, helps pick out food. It's such a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding and exceeded my expectations. The service was also great - our server was attentive and knowledgeable with a welcoming personality. This restaurant well deserves all of the accolades it has received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyseUUVIPDined on 9/12/2014The foods was very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- Outstanding Lunch!gransDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week is an opportunity for establishments to "show their stuff, " and Domaine Hudson delivered! While some places make you wonder how their quite ordinary fare should even cost $15.00 for their two-course lunch, DH offered unique dishes of such high quality that we felt we were celebrating a truly special occasion! Our first courses were ourstanding - Of 4 choices, we picked grilled asparagus with poached egg and more for one and corn bisque with tomato and smoked ham for the other - both flavorful and different. Our main courses were "dinner size" and creative and delicious as well.... plus a fine wine list and great service. Thank you, Domaine Hudson, for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step aboveEmilyVIPDined on 9/10/2014From the warm greeting, to the final sip, the dining is an experience to be savored! we chose the pre fix, with a flight of wine. the soup creation was divine!, The duck confit moist and crispy...perfect! and the in house gelatos were perfect! I had the Italian tour wines...just marvelous. thank you, Javier, for another marvelous dining experience!Special Features:
- vytseatsDined on 9/10/2014Love this place, especially like to taste many different wines and sample small plates. THey were extremely busy, so the service was a tad slower than usual but the food and ambiance made up for that. It's not a meal you want to rush, anyway...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality restaurantFinedinerDined on 9/10/2014Visited this establishment during restaurant week and had never been there before. Wonderful experience and excellent food! The service was wonderful as well. Had the restaurant week lunch menu which had a good variety. The restaurant is small and decorated very chic with dark walls and a horse theme. The bar is large and antique looking. Cannot wait to go back for the dinner and bar experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RobosoxDined on 9/8/2014Had a four course tasting celebrating a special occasion. Food and pairings were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great local findHockessinDined on 9/8/2014Our first time to this restaurant. Great wine list (available on an I-Pad). Had the 3-course prix-fix manu. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- sophisticated, different tasteDIVINEDined on 9/6/2014Different taste of food but the food was really good. Great and vast variety of wines (thumbs up), excellent customer service, very knowledgable waiters, very classy and upscale. Out of my comfort zone but I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Took my love there for his birthday for a nice dinner. Pricer than what I'm used to but I enjoy the maturity and sophistication of the restaurant. I will definitely go back again. I had the rib eye that came with potato wedges and cream spinach(O M G!!!! THE BEST MEAL I'VE EVER HAD). The waiter(Richard) asked for my preferences on wine which, since I could not choose on my own, and he picked out the perfect wine for me. EXQUISITE FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine HudsoncatclaryDined on 9/5/2014Went with a large family group. Food was adequate; great wine list. Noise level a bit too high for my tastes. Major drawback was pleasant but very slow serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014For first visit I would have expected a better seat. Very noisy, put next to very loud table and poor location. Very good food, moderate service, ambiance fair due to seating and noise level. Timing of food, slower than should have been anticipated. Felt neglected, I should not have to turn and wave for service. Fair not good selection of wine flight to menu selected. I would have done better to select my own.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014Every time we go is a great experience! The chef is a master of food. They have an extensive wine list to choose from and can offer expert help to pair your wine . The service is always very good, friendly - they take good care of you. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Lamb Bacon.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great as always. Housemade Charcuterie plate a must. Chef Brent is a great addition to the team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great note in WilmingtonEJDCMDVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was a notable Neal. Simple menu with very diverse, complex preparation. Each selection that we had was excellent on the Peis Fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, nice bar, upscale, modern. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Fine dining in DelawareBunnDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Domaine Hudson. The wine list was extensive if not a bit intimidating, but the staff is well informed to answer any questions. We enjoyed the options of the prix fixe menu, but the full menu looked decadent as well. Food was finely executed and flavor combinations were spot on. Would love to eat here again.Special Features:
- Disappointing Will Not Go BackViveinternetDined on 8/23/2014Had a Groupon for prix fixe menu. The host gave me 2 drink menus, no food menu. The menu is overly descriptive, compared to what you actually get in your plate. The ingredient mix is poor and do nothing to enhance flavors of the dish. There was a lot of honey for no reason in both the appetizer and main course, plus in the butter dish. The wine list is disappointingly short. I had 2 awful red Cabernet glasses (Napa and Washington State) and 1 glass of a coarse Red Cote-du-Rhone. The waiter spilled water all over the table trying to fill up my water glass, he had to get 2 towels to clean up the mess. The flan was so bitter I could not eat it and the sorbet was covered in dried up strands of cooked dough (supposed to be a crepe). Don't go!
- Great with friendsjackDined on 8/16/2014Great night with friends good food and wine list was fantastic.Special Features:
- Enjoyed prix fixe!MomDEDined on 8/14/2014I had a Groupon for the prix fixe dinner for two and we thoroughly enjoyed the selections of the three-course menu. The service was excellent and the restaurant was quiet so that conversation was easy in the dining area. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elliejVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food and wine were superb. The only drawback was the noisy dining room.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceDiningDianaDined on 8/8/2014The prix fixe menu very limited but the food was excellent. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Courses arrived at appropriate intervals.Special Features:
- Memorable Birthday DinnertravelsofabutterflyDined on 8/5/2014I went to Domaine Hudson on my birthday recently, and had a wonderful time. It was a Tuesday, so it was lighter on the diners, but the staff was very nice and helpful, as well as knowledgeable of their offerings. My date and I had a drink at the bar (they freshly brewed iced tea for him!) and a 3 cheese board, and then were sat at a quiet back table where we ordered the 6 course tasting menu. The amount of time between courses was perfect - we were able to eat our course and then talk some before another one came. The whole dinner was relaxed, ad we never felt rushed. I loved the darkened atmosphere, it was very intimate. I would definitely return. It made for a memorable first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Dinner was great. Service was awesome, had a great waitress. Brent Chellew even came to our table. very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice for special occasionGMcGDined on 8/1/2014Ordered from prix fixe menu. Everything was so very tasty and not the usual. Excellent wine list, we choose wine flights to try which there are several to choose from. If you go early, it is very very quiet. We were only guests at first. Must be busier 8-10 pm or somethingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.