1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: (302) 655-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (email@example.com) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (87)fit for foodies (81)special occasion (67)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (20)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best meal I've had in a whileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014Excellent food and service. Impeccable attention to detail. Javier, the manager, was very friendly and accommodating. They give you an iPad when you sit down to peruse through their extensive wine list - fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Delaware??!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014I was very impressed with this restaurant. We were seated in a place we asked for. Was handed an iPad with an very extensive and impressive wine list. You can search for any type. Hundreds and hundreds of different wines. Amazing. The menu is quite interesting and unique. We ordered the Escargot toast, Chartcuterie board and cheese board to start. The presentation was beautiful. The waitress told us what every single item was on the board and that the chef makes his own meats in the basement. Again impressive. Our main courses were the New York Strip and the Roasted Branzino, which was deboned right in front of us. Absolutely delicious! And to end the dining experience, the Buttered Almond Creme Brulee. What a wonderful evening we had. Everything was amazing and the service was great and food was delicious! I was very happy to bring my boyfriend who travels the world to a place like this and he was even impressed! A must go place for Delawareans for special occasions or for just a good city dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinner!joanDined on 11/17/2014As a repeat diner, I am always pleased to be able to say both the food and experience were great. I had the new version of their butternut squash soup, and not only was the the presentation fabulous, but it was most delicious and smoothest soup I've ever tasted. Our server was very knowledgeable, pleasant, and attentive, without being hovering. I will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Anniversary Dinner with friendsShowtimeBobDined on 11/15/2014Great service from start to finish. Starting with the cheese board with wine pairings, a variety of entrees, including the lobster a stand out, and ending with dessert our group of six shared plates throughout the evening. Excellent and interesting, as always. Four of our guest where first timers, they will be repeat customers.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I went here to celebrate our birthdays and took a couple that had never been to Domaine Hudson before. The food, atmosphere, and service was excellent. I had the Wild Canadian Lobster and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shirt StaffedBayanko2Dined on 11/15/2014After receiving a glowing review in the local paper just a few days earlier, you would think that the owners would ensure that there were enough staff on hand for the Saturday night rush. However, this was not the case as we arrived on time for our 6:30 pm.reservation. The maitre"D sat us at a small table partially blccked from the entrance door by a curtain (so that cold air came in whenever the front door was opened). Our friendly waiter took our order and gave us bread and brought our first course fairly quickly. Then the room filled up and everyone had to wait a long time to get their appetizers, then much longer for their main course. We were lucky to have arrived earlier than most because we saw folks who were still on their appetizers as we paid our check and left. The food was good, not great. Our tortellini and soup were OK. My wife's fish was a bit overcooked and my short rib was just fair. The best part of our dinner was dessert - sticky toffee pudding and creme brulee. If we return. it would be on a middle of the week night when things would hopefully be less strained.Special Features:
- Not worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014We were expecting exceptional food and what we got was not that great in comparison to the restaurants that we usually go to (Sovana Bistro & Byrsa in Kennett) - the food wasn't bad, but we certainly would not make the trip to Wilmington for so-so food and service that wasn't great. We had an 8:30 reservation, but arrived early to get a cocktail. They didn't have 3 different drinks we asked for, and when I ordered their 'signature' cocktail (DH gin & tonic), I was told that it was 'out of season' because the gin was infused with cucumber. We were seated late for our reservation and the food then took a very long time getting to the table. The bottle of wine we had ordered also did not arrive until our 2nd course. Food was under-whelming.Special Features:
- Disappointed with wineCharliDined on 11/8/2014The wine list was extensive, the menu sounded great. It didnt live up to the expectations it set, though. We were delighted that a place billing itself as a "wine bar" had some reasonable options. Unfortunately, we were left with the impression that the wine list was long but not selective. Ours wasn't special or even particularly good (third cheapest malbec). our server was a little inattentive. The other tables around us got bread, we had to ask. Water pitchers walked by us a couple times. I don't know. For the price, I was disappointed.Special Features:
- First timeCraigDined on 11/8/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at DH. We only come to Wilmington on occasion, so we really like having a "go to" place. The service, food and atmosphere were terrific.Special Features:
- LovesFrenchfoodDined on 11/8/2014First time here - food was excellent! We had blackened beets, escargot toast and porcini tortellini. All excellent, but tortellini was the hit! For main courses, we had tuna (very tender, cooked perfectly and creative accompaniments), pork shoulder, and my husband made surf and turf plate - 1/2 portion of strip steak w/all accompaniments and 1/2 portion of Canadian lobster, also w/all accompaniments. Everyone was very happy with their dishes. The wine list was extensive - presented on an ipad, letting you browse by various categories. Also extensive list of wine flights, byglass and craft beers. Service was excellent in beginning, but spotty as evening wore on - not enough servers. Dinner took 3 hours for 3! Will return when in DE.Special Features:
- TheFoodSnobDined on 11/4/2014The place is unique to say the least, service is wonderful and the maitre d' is a class actSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLaakDined on 11/1/2014Fantastic night at Domaine Hudson to celebrate birthday and upcoming retirement. Love the wine list on the I-pad. Great drinks and food. Excellent service. The Ricotta Gnudi were absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Always greatRealtimeDined on 10/31/2014We stumbled on to Domain Hudson by chance while looking for a new place for our daughters 28 th birthday. We have been back 4 times since. This last time bringing friends as well. They enjoyed the atmospher, service and food as much as we have. A charming and enjoyable dinner experience each time. Since we love good wine their selections are over the top but also they price point their wines for all levels of wine drinkers. Their skills and knowledge of the hundreds of wines adds to the sucess of the right choose. There is never any pressure to move through your dinning experience. They let you relax and enjoy for hours.Special Features:
- If you haven't gone, GOJanelleSVIPDined on 10/24/2014We adore Domaine Hudson. Javier is a fantastic server and manager! The food is always amazing. Even foods we would not normally eat are devoured here! Friday nights are actually quiet since most people leave Wilmington early. It is in a SAFE area and well worth hanging in the city for a couple hours. Just do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine Hudson never disappointsTedSDined on 10/24/2014We had another excellent dinner at DH. This has become one of our favorite "special occasion" restaurants. Great atmosphere, intimate. We were there on a Friday night and there were only a few other parties there, so very quiet; can be a good buzz when full, but never too loud. A bit pricey for "everyday" dining. The wine-by-the-glass option is a nice way to try several tastes and pairings, but it does add up on the bar-bill. I think next time we'll order bottles.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014We always have the best meal and wine suggestions here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerRichardVIPDined on 10/9/2014I took a group of six guys here to celebrate a birthday. The whole experience was great. Everyone of us liked every course we ordered. The wine list, which is presented on an iPad, is excellent. The service was just right too. This is one of the few excellent restaurants in Wilmington and equal to or better than most of the top Philadelphia restaurants. It would hold its own in Manhattan! If you're thinking of going here, do it. You will not regret it.Special Features:
- Arguably the BEST dining experienceJB22VIPDined on 10/4/2014Full disclosure ... name the restaurant in Delaware, we've dined there. Nothing measures up to the BIG CITY, FIRST CLASS experience of dining at Domaine Hudson. From the moment you arrive until the moment they say goodnight and wave good bye from the bar, the door and the host stand ... DH sparkles with top rate execution. Everyone knows about their impressive wine list, few mention that the prices are more than reasonable, some are an absolute steal considering the setting and the service. We dined on a chef's selection cheese board, the blackened beets with fresh ricotta (wow!), the olive oil poached shrimp, the pork shoulder and the whole fish Branzino - each dish - simply awe inspiring. A shame we didn't stay for dessert!Special Features:
- Excellent Personal Attention!abcdDined on 10/4/2014We savored a truly special family celebratory dinner! From greeting to parting birthday gift from the all the DH team, we were made to feel as though our occasion was as important to them as it was to us. Ambience, cuisine, and wines, & service all a delight. Try the wine flights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Divine Culinary ExperienceGoSteelersDined on 10/4/2014Two foodies out on the town loved Domaine Hudson!! The Blackened Beet salad and Escargot Toast were each spectacular! The whole Branzino fileted tableside was wonderfully tender. The Ancho Chile Duck got a rave review!! Wine selection is great and 1.5 oz. pours allow you to sample a variety. Do Not Miss the Rosemary Cake with Balsamic Gelato and Figs for dessert! It is wonderful!! Service was warm and attentive (Dmitry?) Thank you Domaine Hudson!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerJWchef1Dined on 10/2/2014Of course the staff's attention to detail was very pleasant and thorough. The swordfish and New York strip steak were done to perfection. The chocolate flourless cake was a chocolate lover's dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Food and Great Winesberyl1221VIPDined on 9/27/2014We went for the Delaware Dines Out week, and were not disappointed. The food was wonderful--I had the grilled asparagus, lamb bacon, and poached egg salad to start--perfect combination of salty, crunchy, sweet, and soft. Oh my! We were disappointed they were out of the fried quail, but my husband's duck confit did not disappoint at all! My swordfish was perfectly cooked in a fabulous sauce I used bread to finish every bit of! The only jarring note was the pickled carrots with it. I felt it overpowered the delicate fish (and I love pickled vegetables, but these had no balance). Dessert of dense, fudgy flourless chocolate cake and fruit crumble was the perfect finish. We got a lovely bottle of a white blend to go with dinner. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JWchef1Dined on 9/26/2014Another great lunch during restaurant week. I realize that Domaine Hudson isn't normally open for lunch, but the quality of the food and service was the same as for evening dining, extraordinary especially considering the size of the kitchen staff. I was looking forward to the chocolate flourless cake, but it was not available so the chef suggested the sticky toffee pudding with cream cheese gelato with whiskey carmel sauce and roasted dates. Since I am not a date fan, I wasn't sure if I would like it. However, the housemade dessert was delightfully light and not too sweet. I am a convert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but be prepared to waitGlutenFreeGalDined on 9/25/2014A few friends and I went to Domaine Hudson as part of Delaware Dines Out. We each got the three-course menu. Our appetizers came out relatively quickly (within 15 minutes) but our entrees took nearly an hour. We requested a rush on our desserts because we had plans for after dinner, and that was kindly accommodated. The food was delicious. We were all members of the clean plate club. And the wine selection is unlike any other in Wilmington, it really is remarkable. The service was friendly and generally stellar, although I did take away some stars because we could have used some more check-ins/updates on our entrees. Overall, a great experience. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- My first visitTsfoodexperieceDined on 9/25/2014My experience was very pleasant, staff was very polite and knowledgeable about menu. The food presentation was beautiful and the taste was wonderful. I'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll give it another chance!BonAppetitDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed so much about our evening at Domaine Hudson. It was during Delaware Dines Out, so the restaurant was crowded. We were a little disappointed by some of the items on the menu, although the swordfish and the asparagus were great! Our waiter was not as "smooth" as others, and service was slow. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentodieDined on 9/24/2014I took my fiancé here for her birthday and had a wonderful time. Staff was very professional and accommodating. Service was wonderful. Tried the lamb belly which i found delicious. Brought my 8 yr old with me and they even made pasta off menu for her tho i wouldn't recommend bringing kids there. Will Def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the DE Dines Out lunch menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The grilled asparagus salad & DH burger are outstanding!Special Features:
- Awesome!DiningOutDivaDined on 9/22/2014My husband had previously dined here for business many years ago before and said it was good. Ownership changed and now it is fabulous!! The food was exceptional, Colette our server was wonderful and the manager/sommelier was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great experienceHighSpeed99Dined on 9/20/2014Great ---great --- dinner ... had the braised pork shoulder --- one of best meal in Delaware...Special Features:
- Delicious food and great staff!KO1124VIPDined on 9/19/2014The food is always great! We've have had the same server the last 2 times, and she is awesome! Pairs wines perfectly, helps pick out food. It's such a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding and exceeded my expectations. The service was also great - our server was attentive and knowledgeable with a welcoming personality. This restaurant well deserves all of the accolades it has received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyseUUVIPDined on 9/12/2014The foods was very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- Outstanding Lunch!gransDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week is an opportunity for establishments to "show their stuff, " and Domaine Hudson delivered! While some places make you wonder how their quite ordinary fare should even cost $15.00 for their two-course lunch, DH offered unique dishes of such high quality that we felt we were celebrating a truly special occasion! Our first courses were ourstanding - Of 4 choices, we picked grilled asparagus with poached egg and more for one and corn bisque with tomato and smoked ham for the other - both flavorful and different. Our main courses were "dinner size" and creative and delicious as well.... plus a fine wine list and great service. Thank you, Domaine Hudson, for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step aboveEmilyVIPDined on 9/10/2014From the warm greeting, to the final sip, the dining is an experience to be savored! we chose the pre fix, with a flight of wine. the soup creation was divine!, The duck confit moist and crispy...perfect! and the in house gelatos were perfect! I had the Italian tour wines...just marvelous. thank you, Javier, for another marvelous dining experience!Special Features:
- vytseatsDined on 9/10/2014Love this place, especially like to taste many different wines and sample small plates. THey were extremely busy, so the service was a tad slower than usual but the food and ambiance made up for that. It's not a meal you want to rush, anyway...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality restaurantFinedinerDined on 9/10/2014Visited this establishment during restaurant week and had never been there before. Wonderful experience and excellent food! The service was wonderful as well. Had the restaurant week lunch menu which had a good variety. The restaurant is small and decorated very chic with dark walls and a horse theme. The bar is large and antique looking. Cannot wait to go back for the dinner and bar experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RobosoxDined on 9/8/2014Had a four course tasting celebrating a special occasion. Food and pairings were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great local findHockessinDined on 9/8/2014Our first time to this restaurant. Great wine list (available on an I-Pad). Had the 3-course prix-fix manu. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- sophisticated, different tasteDIVINEDined on 9/6/2014Different taste of food but the food was really good. Great and vast variety of wines (thumbs up), excellent customer service, very knowledgable waiters, very classy and upscale. Out of my comfort zone but I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Took my love there for his birthday for a nice dinner. Pricer than what I'm used to but I enjoy the maturity and sophistication of the restaurant. I will definitely go back again. I had the rib eye that came with potato wedges and cream spinach(O M G!!!! THE BEST MEAL I'VE EVER HAD). The waiter(Richard) asked for my preferences on wine which, since I could not choose on my own, and he picked out the perfect wine for me. EXQUISITE FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.