1314 N Washington Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.domainehudson.com/
- Phone: 3026559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Wednesday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Friday: 5:00 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
Sunday: CLOSED - Available Private Event
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwain Kalup
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Domaine Hudson will cater intimate home dinners, weddings, parties, business dinners and fundraisers for up to 100 guests off site.
- Private Party Facilities: Domaine Hudson is the premiere choice for private dining in Wilmington, Delaware. We work with you to custom-tailor a flawless experience for your party, anniversary, wedding celebration, wine tasting, networking event, or business meeting. Your guests will thoroughly enjoy the seasonal cuisine of our culinary team and selections from our award-winning wine list, which OpenTable named one of the top 50 in the U.S.
Our newly renovated dining rooms accommodate private parties from 7 to 70 people, and our state-of-the-art sound system ensures your guests won’t miss a word (or a beat).
Please call or send an email message (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your event and book your room at the best Wilmington, Delaware restaurant.
Alternatively, let Domaine Hudson come to you. From gallery openings, social gatherings, and galas to corporate lunches, dinners, and events, Domaine Hudson ensures an effortless, impressive affair.
- Private Party Contact: Beth Ross 3026559463x
- Special Events: Information on monthly wine dinners and tastings can be found at www.domainehudson.com.
- Cross Street: Between 13th & 14th Streets
- Public Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Metered parking in front of the restaurant. Free off-street parking is available after 5 pm in the Christiana Care Annex private parking lot 1/2 block from restaurant. To access the lot, the entrance is at 14th & Washington, immediately before the Washington St. Bridge. From the lot, walk south on Washington Street (toward downtown) about 1/2 block; restaurant is on the left. View a map and directions on our website at http://domainehudson.com/parking.html
A word from Domaine Hudson
Described as “one of Delaware's premier destinations for truly appreciating and understanding the dynamics of upscale food and wine” by The News Journal food critic, Domaine Hudson was awarded 3.5 stars (of 4) and recognized as "Closer to Perfection", and has consistently been providing a place for great wine and food since November 2005. Delaware’s first true wine bar, they offer almost 40 wines to taste in 1½, 3 & 5-oz pours. The award winning wines by the bottle list features a broad array of about 450 old and new world wines & 90+ craft beers. Frequently changing menu items allow the chefs to be creative and focus on quality ingredients. Small plate options, provide a perfect opportunity for wine pairing, or guests can simply choose from full size entrees. Whether you are an experienced oenophile or just want to enjoy some great wine/beer, the servers, who all have a knowledge of what they are pouring, can guide you through a memorable dining experience in an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Domaine Hudson - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Domaine Hudson reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (74)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (58)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding and exceeded my expectations. The service was also great - our server was attentive and knowledgeable with a welcoming personality. This restaurant well deserves all of the accolades it has received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElyseUUVIPDined on 9/12/2014The foods was very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- Outstanding Lunch!gransDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant Week is an opportunity for establishments to "show their stuff, " and Domaine Hudson delivered! While some places make you wonder how their quite ordinary fare should even cost $15.00 for their two-course lunch, DH offered unique dishes of such high quality that we felt we were celebrating a truly special occasion! Our first courses were ourstanding - Of 4 choices, we picked grilled asparagus with poached egg and more for one and corn bisque with tomato and smoked ham for the other - both flavorful and different. Our main courses were "dinner size" and creative and delicious as well.... plus a fine wine list and great service. Thank you, Domaine Hudson, for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step aboveEmilyVIPDined on 9/10/2014From the warm greeting, to the final sip, the dining is an experience to be savored! we chose the pre fix, with a flight of wine. the soup creation was divine!, The duck confit moist and crispy...perfect! and the in house gelatos were perfect! I had the Italian tour wines...just marvelous. thank you, Javier, for another marvelous dining experience!Special Features:
- vytseatsDined on 9/10/2014Love this place, especially like to taste many different wines and sample small plates. THey were extremely busy, so the service was a tad slower than usual but the food and ambiance made up for that. It's not a meal you want to rush, anyway...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality restaurantFinedinerDined on 9/10/2014Visited this establishment during restaurant week and had never been there before. Wonderful experience and excellent food! The service was wonderful as well. Had the restaurant week lunch menu which had a good variety. The restaurant is small and decorated very chic with dark walls and a horse theme. The bar is large and antique looking. Cannot wait to go back for the dinner and bar experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!RobosoxDined on 9/8/2014Had a four course tasting celebrating a special occasion. Food and pairings were phenomenal.Special Features:
- Great local findHockessinDined on 9/8/2014Our first time to this restaurant. Great wine list (available on an I-Pad). Had the 3-course prix-fix manu. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- sophisticated, different tasteDIVINEDined on 9/6/2014Different taste of food but the food was really good. Great and vast variety of wines (thumbs up), excellent customer service, very knowledgable waiters, very classy and upscale. Out of my comfort zone but I enjoyed every minute of my time there. Took my love there for his birthday for a nice dinner. Pricer than what I'm used to but I enjoy the maturity and sophistication of the restaurant. I will definitely go back again. I had the rib eye that came with potato wedges and cream spinach(O M G!!!! THE BEST MEAL I'VE EVER HAD). The waiter(Richard) asked for my preferences on wine which, since I could not choose on my own, and he picked out the perfect wine for me. EXQUISITE FOOD AND EXCELLENT SERVICESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Domaine HudsoncatclaryDined on 9/5/2014Went with a large family group. Food was adequate; great wine list. Noise level a bit too high for my tastes. Major drawback was pleasant but very slow serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014For first visit I would have expected a better seat. Very noisy, put next to very loud table and poor location. Very good food, moderate service, ambiance fair due to seating and noise level. Timing of food, slower than should have been anticipated. Felt neglected, I should not have to turn and wave for service. Fair not good selection of wine flight to menu selected. I would have done better to select my own.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/5/2014Every time we go is a great experience! The chef is a master of food. They have an extensive wine list to choose from and can offer expert help to pair your wine . The service is always very good, friendly - they take good care of you. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Lamb Bacon.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/29/2014Food was great as always. Housemade Charcuterie plate a must. Chef Brent is a great addition to the team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great note in WilmingtonEJDCMDVIPDined on 8/27/2014This was a notable Neal. Simple menu with very diverse, complex preparation. Each selection that we had was excellent on the Peis Fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, nice bar, upscale, modern. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Fine dining in DelawareBunnDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Domaine Hudson. The wine list was extensive if not a bit intimidating, but the staff is well informed to answer any questions. We enjoyed the options of the prix fixe menu, but the full menu looked decadent as well. Food was finely executed and flavor combinations were spot on. Would love to eat here again.Special Features:
- Disappointing Will Not Go BackViveinternetDined on 8/23/2014Had a Groupon for prix fixe menu. The host gave me 2 drink menus, no food menu. The menu is overly descriptive, compared to what you actually get in your plate. The ingredient mix is poor and do nothing to enhance flavors of the dish. There was a lot of honey for no reason in both the appetizer and main course, plus in the butter dish. The wine list is disappointingly short. I had 2 awful red Cabernet glasses (Napa and Washington State) and 1 glass of a coarse Red Cote-du-Rhone. The waiter spilled water all over the table trying to fill up my water glass, he had to get 2 towels to clean up the mess. The flan was so bitter I could not eat it and the sorbet was covered in dried up strands of cooked dough (supposed to be a crepe). Don't go!
- Great with friendsjackDined on 8/16/2014Great night with friends good food and wine list was fantastic.Special Features:
- Enjoyed prix fixe!MomDEDined on 8/14/2014I had a Groupon for the prix fixe dinner for two and we thoroughly enjoyed the selections of the three-course menu. The service was excellent and the restaurant was quiet so that conversation was easy in the dining area. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elliejVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food and wine were superb. The only drawback was the noisy dining room.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceDiningDianaDined on 8/8/2014The prix fixe menu very limited but the food was excellent. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Courses arrived at appropriate intervals.Special Features:
- Memorable Birthday DinnertravelsofabutterflyDined on 8/5/2014I went to Domaine Hudson on my birthday recently, and had a wonderful time. It was a Tuesday, so it was lighter on the diners, but the staff was very nice and helpful, as well as knowledgeable of their offerings. My date and I had a drink at the bar (they freshly brewed iced tea for him!) and a 3 cheese board, and then were sat at a quiet back table where we ordered the 6 course tasting menu. The amount of time between courses was perfect - we were able to eat our course and then talk some before another one came. The whole dinner was relaxed, ad we never felt rushed. I loved the darkened atmosphere, it was very intimate. I would definitely return. It made for a memorable first time experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Dinner was great. Service was awesome, had a great waitress. Brent Chellew even came to our table. very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice for special occasionGMcGDined on 8/1/2014Ordered from prix fixe menu. Everything was so very tasty and not the usual. Excellent wine list, we choose wine flights to try which there are several to choose from. If you go early, it is very very quiet. We were only guests at first. Must be busier 8-10 pm or somethingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets ...JB22VIPDined on 7/16/2014Long time fan, returned for a business dinner last week. First - kudos to the brand new Summer menu and obviously the chef and his team for execution of same. The plate options on small or entree plates allows for just about every budget and appetite combination. My guest did the pork shoulder (decadent) and I had the day boat scallops. We split a cheese board and the bbq beet salad to start. We let the Sommelier choose our bottle from the BEST WINE CELLAR (not only in Delaware, but I say without hesitation best wine cellar in the tri-state area!). We were not disappointed. A barberesco that allowed for great balance between the pork shoulder and the scallops - it was a spot on selection at a great price. Service is exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night all the way aroundVacubsfanVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Domaine Hudson before but bought a groupon for the Prix Fixe menu where you pick and appetizer, entree, and dessert. We also ordered the charcuterie board and had a flight of 3oz pours of wine each. From start to finish, the food was fantastic. From the Duck pate on the charcuterie (among other great meats), to the grilled asparagus salad with lamb bacon (the best bite all night), to the Oxtail ragout, and finishing up with the blood orange flan, we enjoyed each course, each bite tremendously. Coupled with the best way to sample multiple wines, we just couldn't have asked for a better experience. The staff was helpful, ambiance terrific, and overall experience top shelf. Expect to pay $$$-$$$$, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!chartDined on 7/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant- everything is delicious, service is excellent, wine list cannot be beat. If you are looking for a wonderful, yet accessible dining experience, then look no further.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service.CINSOSDined on 7/9/2014What a great experience. Very relaxed feeling from the minute you walked in the door. We were seated and treated like old friends our entire stay. We shared 6 great items from the price fixed menu. The scallops, duck and desserts were all the big hits of the night. Can't wait to return, we studied the regular menu while we were there and several items caught our interest.Special Features:
- Good foodHappyTravelsVIPDined on 7/7/2014Food was good , but next time I would try the regular menu instead of the pre fixe. I wouldn't want to rate the restaurant on the pre fixe menu, as we didn't find it so appealing. If we go back, it'll be to try a regular meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerRobinoRealtorDined on 6/30/2014The food was amazing, matched with a great wine list and very attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date with hubbyHungrigirlDined on 6/28/2014Who knew this little gem of a restaurant was just a block down from the ale house and mikimotos? Interesting menu and extensive wine list. We did the prix fixe menu...for starters we had bay scallops and asparagus salad. Both were excellent! Entrees were duck leg and ricotta gundi. Again, extraordinary. The big finish was sangria sorbet and flan. Will be back when we are in the mood to splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSteammyDined on 6/28/2014I treated my husband to Domaine Hudson for his birthday. It was an excellent choice. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation time and we were seated immediately. Andrew was our server and he was very attentive to our requests and offered us suggestions. The Olive Oil Poached Shrimp was amazing. It was the first course I didn't want it to end. The flavors were explosive on my pallet. The rest of the meal was also very good with the wine choices. We will definitely visit Domaine Hudson again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding findBrianDined on 6/27/2014This was my first time dining here. Very impressed with the quality of the food. Creative menu. Great value. Will return again and again. Our server was fantastic. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdindinDined on 6/15/2014The food here is always top notch,we went for Father's Day Brunch,the poached eggs and steak were excellent. We had a party of eight,everyone loved their dish. Service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerrustyDined on 6/14/2014We have not dined at Domaine for sometime and were very impressed with the whole experience. The food was wonderful and the waiter was great with his wine suggestions. We will definitely return more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must go!DelawareDinerDined on 6/13/2014We continue to be impressed by Domaine Hudson. Menu is creative, wine list is extensive and well chosen, and staff are top notch. Wilmington is lucky to have this restaurant...you don't have to drive to Philadelphia to have a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- WonderfulLexBDined on 6/12/2014The food was among the best I have ever eaten and my wife, and I are foodies eating mostly in Philadelphia and New Your City. I must mention our server Javier who was the consummate professional . He was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive . You didn’t know he was there but he kept a constant eye on us and when we did need him he seemed to anticipate it and just appeared. He is a real asset to the restaurant.Special Features:
- So So GoodkeylimeDined on 6/10/2014We had a Groupon for a Fixed Price dinner. It was excellent-- really delightful. The wine list is awesome and they have 1.5, 3, and 6 oz portions of wine in case you want to taste more, and wine flights with imaginative names. I don't know why it has taken so long for us to go there again, and we will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- GROUPON TO GET YOUR FOOD ON!angeDined on 6/2/2014highly recommend this restaurant i am a vegetarian and found option within my 3 course groupon dinner and my boyfriend ...FAR from a veggie found and loved all of his choices as well. the cheese plate is a must and the wine iPad is awesome! can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Graduation DinnerJwbivVIPDined on 5/30/2014We went here for our son's college graduation dinner. We could not have picked a better spot. Service was excellent, food was great and we all fell in love with the Vino Pad. Definitely would recommend, and don't miss the cheese and charcuterie plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.