1 Van Der Donck Street
Yonkers, NY 10701Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dolphinrbl.com/
- Phone: 9147518170
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Lunch: Monday - Saturday, 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Brunch: Sunday 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Elio Rugova
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private party rooms available with many party options.
- Private Party Facilities: 225 Max Capacity • Holiday Parties • Birthday Parties • Wedding Receptions , Rehearsal Dinners • Bridal / Baby Showers • Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties • Religious Celebrations • Corporate dinners / Workshops • Private Sporting Event Viewing • Seminars • Graduation Parties • Bar Mitzvah
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Rugova 9147518170
A word from Dolphin Restaurant
Located in the downtown waterfront of Yonkers, Dolphin Restaurant offers a Mediterranean seafood menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Dolphin Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Yonkers ›
Dolphin Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (45)scenic view (34)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (26)great for brunch (25)special occasion (22)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Very nice restaurant... The food was great. I can say I will return. Being a Chef myself I really enjoyed the flavors of what was ordered.Special Features:
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Thank you to Dolphin again for making all my experience wonderful, especially my birthday. Went for a lovely luncheon on the water, dining outside in what has been perfect weather. The food was fantastic and the server and staff were friendly and accommodating. So thank you again, and I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Went to Dolphin for the first time to have an early dinner. I could not believe that I have not been here before considering I live in Yonkers. Food was excellent. Had the Crab Nachos which are apparently kind of a crowd favorite and the Skirt steak with fries...absolutely delicious. Was a little too full to try dessert but everything looked great as I was told pretty much everything was made In-House...will definitely be back soon with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forth visit broke the charm.WeluvXDined on 8/2/2014The crabmeat nachos were very good as was the salmon dish. The bronzino fillet had bones and was a turn off. The 2 lobster seafood brochettas had the tiniest amount of lobster and very mini mussels. It wasn't worth the price at all.Special Features:
- waterfront gemFoodieDined on 8/1/2014my favorite restaurant in Yonkers. Sat outside on a beautiful night enjoyed everything. Skirt steak is simply amazing. try the crab nachos and fried calamari as well. great specialty drinks and nice selection of wines by the glass as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again DisappointedDianeVIPDined on 7/20/2014When we first discovered Dolphin, the Brunch/Lunch menu was more exciting and so enjoyed Brunch with the Tuna Nicoise Salad which is now gone from the menu. Asked about this but never received an answer. Anyway, for Sunday's Brunch we did enjoy the Mediterrian Omlette which was packed with delicious ingredients. Indeed, it lived up to it's name "Mediterrian" but so missed the reason why I enjoyed brunch: Tuna Nicoise. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. There are only possibly two outdoor tables which offer any sort of view of the Hudson. The others just offer view of the valet parking. Indoor seating is comfortable.Special Features:
- very nice place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014food was pretty good. had to send steak back as we specifically requested rare- said "and we MEAN rare". it came back medium to medium well, but they did take the steak back and replaced with another very delicious steak that was properly rare. rice that went with the shrimp francese had a few pieces that were hard and crunchy, which was strange. other than those two problems, the meal was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014A very enjoyable experience. Would do it again. Service was great, and they were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Not BadJJC1Dined on 7/17/2014The service was great, our waitress was very attentive. However, the food was not as good as we had hoped. The lobster(2lbs) was a bit tough and the tuna on the small side. Great people watching though despite being in a not so great area of YonkersSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014It was a fun evening and the food was delicious. Only complaint is the outdoor dining overlooks the parking lot. I would recommend some more screening and bushes. Otherwise- a good night.Special Features:
- Food not so greatRevisDined on 7/12/2014We were not impressed with the food or service. We wanted to have a nice outdoor dinner near the water and was told this was a good outdoor restaurant. It was a disappointment. The food was not very good and the outdoor seating was in a parking lot (near the water). We would not go here again.
- GreatCoulthurstDined on 7/10/2014Dolphin is my favorite Yonkers restaurant. Several of my friends have eaten and are quite happy. Never a bad moment service is excellent and food is superb and excellent.Special Features:
- Food was boring & lacked tastecarmb6VIPDined on 7/8/2014Food was boring the menu has not changed in 2 years. The food lacked taste, the service was slow. I'm still waiting for my second drink. I notice that the father is not at the restaurant anymore & the sons are running it down the drains.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014Had a great brunch on Sunday. Great menu. Relaxing afternoon and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Lunch CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014The food was good but the Cobb salad was much smaller than expected. We were the only ones there so judging the noise level during normal times was not possible. With the place virtually empty I expected a bit more attentiveness from the wait staff. Added shrimp for the Cobb salad were $3 a piece - a bit excessive. Pleasant experience but not notable.
- Needs a better attitudeCindyBxVIPDined on 6/29/2014We were met by a surly and unaccomadating hostess. It honestly put a damper over the entire experience for me. I don't think I would go back, just because of her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at BestBobbyTDined on 6/28/2014Went on a saturday night looking foward to a nice night out and found other customers in tank tops and slippers, kids running around and just an overall lack of upscale feel to the restaraunt, more like an outdoor deli. We ate outside and it was ok but the road and traffic way too close and busy. The service was very good but my seafood dish was overcooked and the rice undercooked. My wifes skirt steak was ok but dry like it was sitting before it was served. Not at all what I expected from an establishment that exhalts itself as upscale and pricey. Also the lack of any kind of music made this a night out I wish I had stayed home.
- WarburtonDined on 6/15/2014Went with family on Father's Day. Had a great menu selection. The service was great. Normally I prefer not to eat outside, but enjoyed the view of the water. Would have given food (5) stars if the crab stuffed shrimp was not mushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great timeFoodieDined on 6/13/2014Fish was very fresh. Skrit steak was the best I ever had. Prices are reasonable. Love going to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014The dining experience at this restaurant was disappointing. I was looking for a good Sea Food Restaurant for my special night out. I researched the internet and found Dolphin. I thought I’d founded the perfect spot, Sea Food by the water! Thing were different when we arrived. Very few seats for a party of 2 (even with empty tables). The River view tables belonged to their “sister restaurant right next door”. The tables out doors were find if you like looking at valet parking. So we were seated indoors in the back looking at the Metro North trains go by. The food itself was ok but not great. We waited 1 hr for food. This restaurant may be good for groups,a stopover for a drink . But in my opinion not for your special night out.Special Features:
- Dolphin brunch great!YonkersNativeVIPDined on 6/1/2014We treated our nephew for a Sunday brunch at the Dolphin and were lucky enough to get a table outdoors (the weather was near-perfect). We arrived early after a last-minute booking on Open Table but weren't sure that outdoor tables were to be gotten...but the staff was accommodating. Service was quick and the menu, though a little pricey, offered some wonderful brunch options; I ordered a crab-filled omelet and the rest of the party also ordered egg dishes with other fillings. Additionally, there was a all-you-can-drink brunch special (mimosas, bloody marys, etc.) but you have to make sure you get their attention once your glass is empty! The seating has a view of the Hudson River. Excellent service, well-prepared dishes--Dolphin is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummySusieQDined on 5/27/2014My DH and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant had outdoor seating with views of the Hudson. It wasn't packed at all and our waiter was great. The food was SPECTACULAR!!! Definitely worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good mealgbearDined on 5/17/2014have been to this restaurant several times. always a good meal and good service. nice walk along the river after our meal.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemMissBrooksVIPDined on 5/9/2014Love this place but don't like that they keep changing the menu - taking Things away that people love. I'm all about adding dishes but when your Favorite dish is gone it stinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- few tables have viewHudsonrvrenthusiastDined on 5/4/2014The baked clams as an appetizer were very good. Pretty restaurant, great locale on the waterfront. I just assumed the restaurant wrapped around for a full view of the river. It does not. Only one or two tables inside have a view of river and GW bridge and I had to wait an hour and a half to get one past my reservation time on a late sun afternoon. The bar area is beautiful with a lot of lounge seating and food service. I would go back and hunker down at the bar and take a walk later to get the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 437 reviews are from the Dolphin Restaurant reviews archive.
- Brunch on the WaterfrontsholshkyVIPDined on 4/27/2014Had a great brunch on Sunday. The crab omelette was delicious as well as the crab nachos. Nice brunch meal overlooking the Hudson River.Special Features:
- Absolutely nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Nothing special here. Food was edible, but nothing to brag about. I ordered the lobster ravioli, it was ok. I was offered Parmesan cheese and the waiter came with something that looked like craft parm. I was shocked that there was no fresh cut parm. I will never go back.Special Features:
- Romance On A Rainy EveningkilgaraDined on 4/26/2014This waterfront spot is good for its' food ,romantic atmosphere and discreet waitservice.Negatives are slightly cramped , not good Irish coffeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dophin's on the HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Dophin's was a great dining experience. The food was very good, the drink list was imaginative, and the wine list was well thought out. The atmosphere and decor are delightful. I especially liked the table placement. There was lots of room for the wait staff to get to everyone at the table, and you could have a private conversation without the table next to you overhearing. An added bonus was the valet parking. Our party was celebrating a birthday on a rainy evening, and it was so nice not to have to walk in the wet to get to the car.Special Features:
- Great Find!mandalin216Dined on 4/26/2014I stumbled upon Dolphin through some web searches for waterfront dining and I'm so glad that I did. Brought my husband here for a birthday lunch. We had some shrimp, clams, and oysters for an appetizer and they were top-notch. Wonderful, fresh flavors. My husband had fish and chips for lunch and I had a fish sandwich. They were both fresh and cooked to perfection. The ambiance was perfect for a relaxing experience. It was a little chilly out, so we sat by the window and had a nice view of the Hudson River. We will definitely be back in the future!Special Features:
- ReviewReviewDined on 4/24/2014Food fine, waitstaff friendly, food delivery WAY too slow.Special Features:
- First Time Disappointed at BrunchDianeVIPDined on 4/20/2014I've always enjoyed Sunday Brunch but last Sunday, to my disappointment, my favorite, Tuna Salad Nicoise was taken off of the menu. Brunch is not the same without Tuna Salad Nicoise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in Every WayBebeVIPDined on 4/1/2014The food was delicious - from beginning to end. Definitely a restaurant to keep visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the neighborhoodIntheNeighborhoodDined on 3/30/2014Steps away from my front door, on the Hudson, great place for a lazy brunch.Special Features:
- Celebrated Father's 90th BirthdayTheFoodDivaDined on 3/28/2014I had a wonderful time with family at the Dolphin Restaurant to celebrate my father's 90th birthday Dinner. To start we began with the Creamy Garlic Mussel which were delicious as appetizers. Any dish you order you will not be disappointed. The Sea Bass, Salmon, Seafood Bruschette, Fried Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken Portabella was enjoyed so much by everyone that they almost ate the plates. Dessert was delicious also. The Bread Pudding, Chocolate Molten Cake, Tes Leche and the Creme Brule are all mouth watering delicious desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food isn't good anymorecarmb6VIPDined on 3/26/2014I'm very disappointed in this restaurant Dolphin. The quality of the food has really gone down. The drinks are great but for a restaurant that never changes their menu they should have perfected the food by now.
- Thought it would be betterTeacher22Dined on 3/22/2014The food was good but not great, maybe the menu during restuarant week, small salad, bouabaisse served over rice which basically absorbed all the broth. Tasty but wouldn't go back. Steak entree was delicious. Dessert looked premade.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week ReviewSueSkisDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went to Dolphin as part of Restaurant Week. Although my skirt steak was good as was the rest of my meal, it was a bit "skimpy" - only 4 slices of steak and a very small salad and small dessert. Restaurant Week should be an occasion to attract new customers that would want to come back when it wasn't Restaurant Week. I just wonder about portion size when it is not Restaurant Week. I was surprised that the restaurant was not really crowded - we did not have to wait at all for a table (not even 5 minutes) and the bar area was empty. I would go back maybe in the summertime and sit outside.Special Features:
- I can't say enough about thisEileenDined on 3/19/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant; it is my favorite for restaurant week, two times in a row!!!!!Special Features:
- DolphinTrePazziVIPDined on 3/16/2014Service was on the slow side. Not sure if it was to limit mimosas, but many times we felt ignored.Special Features: