Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
1000 South Miami Ave
Miami, FL 33130Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doloreslolita.com/
- Phone: (305) 403-3103
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - Midnight, Friday: 11:30am - 1:00am, Saturday - 12:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dolores Lolita is pleased to offer several private dining options for groups of all sizes. Our private dining rooms are the perfect facility for business meetings, private projections, birthdays, weddings and other special occasions. Cocktail receptions can be held in our private rooms, terrace or lounge area as well. Our restaurant can accommodate private parties of up to 100 to 200 people in the main dining room and terrace. Please contact our Sales Manager for availability, preset menus, additional information and to schedule a site visit.
- Private Party Contact: Alejandra Carvajal and Mariela Lopez 3054033103
- Entertainment: We offer a live DJ Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in Lolita lounge.
- Cross Street: South Miami Ave and 10th Street
- Public Transit: Miami Metro Rail/ People Mover- Brickell Station & 10th Street Promenade People Mover.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is offered at the front entrance of the building. There is a paid parking lot west of Dolores Lolita on 10th Street. Metered parking surrounds the area, as well.
A word from Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita gives a different flavor to the rising Brickell area. We have used an exceptionally singular building to create an original and unique concept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)good for groups (35)romantic (29)hot spot (29)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (20)fit for foodies (16)scenic view (14)late-night find (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great AtmosphereserviceDined on 11/15/2014Great atmosphere, service and improved quality and prep of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too crowdyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The service and the food was good, the wine great, but to small for too many people and too croudySpecial Features:
- I'll call her DoloresDraghonDJDined on 11/14/2014I give it medium rating. Overall, both the food and service were good but my visit was wrought with challenges. First, the server didn't know what cut of meat was used in their Brascatta. Menu says steak when asked what cut, I was told breast. Second, I had the swordfish. Absolutely, delicious by the way. The problem is the dish came with asparagus. The chef didn't remove the fibrous parts and I had to remove then from my mouth. also, I couldn't eat a few pieces that I believe mistakenly fell back on my plate. Those pieces were too hard to even bite. The third incident is not worth mentioning. Ultimately, Nice place. Nice staff. Unfortunate incidents.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/14/2014"Dolores..." was a very pleasant surprise. The service was excellent. The food was very good and the patio on the roof facing north was fairly quiet wth a great view of downtown Miami. The front of the restaurant is right across the street from a very loud outdoor bar. If you want to have a conversation, don't sit outside in front. Way, way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on our AnniversaryRBSCVIPDined on 11/8/2014The staff at Dolores makes everything better. The manager went out of his way to seat us where we wanted to be and our waitress (Natasha) was fun, informative and attentive. The food was good and there is an air of creativity in the dishes. I think at some point the menu and prep will need an overhaul as there wasn't anything that really stood out taste-wise. I agree with other diners that sitting outside along the rail is the best spot in the house. The view is interesting and for us, the weather was perfect. A great evening with wonderful ambiance. Deserves everything Zagat said about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RinBethesdaDined on 11/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner there very much. Really nice and fun place to go.Special Features:
- happydiner1Dined on 10/25/2014the dining area is very pretty. the white candles and white flowers added quiet elegance and romance in the rooms (which the loud music destroyed!). the person who attended to us was a gem! so warm and attentive! the food was alright. we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami valueBobNahantVIPDined on 10/14/2014If you go asked to be seated on the second floor outdoor patio. Try the tuna tacos. They are outstanding and a real value at $18. a free appetizer is included with every meal. A terrific spot for dinner in Mary Brickell VillageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutwithfriendsDined on 10/11/2014Very nice place food was good and service was great, would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZIAM13Dined on 9/27/2014I was actually pleasantly surprised with their good customer service. They actually held our table reserved for 6 while our rest of the party arrived, which were late at least 30 min. Good food, good service, nice decor and clean bathrooms. The dining area outside in the 2nd floor terrace is the best and we were lucky we got a table there - beautiful view and nice summer breeze!Special Features:
- Charming Surroundings, Good FoodAndyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We chose it solely because it was convenient to our hotel, but were more than satisfied with the experience. We went early and were almost the only ones in the place, so I can't tell if it's a mob scene later and if everyone gets the great service we received. Our waiter recommended huevos rotos and serrano ham croquettes as appetizers and they were excellent - BTW an appetizer is included with the price of an entree; there is also a patio and light night menu which is mostly appetizers. The tuna with bok choy and fried ginger was really good, the short ribs equally so. We had drinks for dessert, though the menu looked tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Not peaceful at all. Had to wait 45 min and i had a reservation. Terrible. Had to scream to be able to talk.
- AndyDandyDined on 9/20/2014Had reservations for 7pm. Waited with my party for 20 mins to be seated. Requested inside but seated outside by waiters' station. Ordered a Guiness but "out of". Management in general seemed disorganized. Waiter was nice and attentive but needs better command of the language. Good food though. Should hire better looking hosting and staff IMHO. Two big parties right out of Hialeah but not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time & absolutely loved it!FrankieDDined on 9/19/2014Made reservations online and as soon as we arrived we were seated. The service was outstanding and staff very personable. The croquetas and Tuna Tataki was amazing, Yuca Mash to die for, and the flan was ORGASMIC!! Cant wait to take my friends and family there.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointedBrickDined on 9/18/2014After arriving on time to our 8:45 reservation, the hostess (whom was extremely rude) informed us that there were no available tables due to a party going on upstairs. She told us we could sit outside on the patio. After discussing this with the other in my party, she told us it was first come, first served. The hostess then tried to explain to us that just because we have a reservation doesn't guarantee a table. So, what was the point in making a reservation. Thank you for wasting my time Lolita's!Special Features:
- Birthday BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dolores was everything we could have asked for for a birthday dinner night out. We didn't know that downstairs turned into a night club so that was a bonus! Overall fantastic experience!!!Special Features:
- Great placepleasure2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014This our second visit and every time get better food is excellent will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightPedroDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful restaurant. It was fun and the food was incredible.Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodJunkieDined on 9/6/2014What an amazing Saturday night I had. This place went beyond my expectations. Amazing food, at a very good reasonable prize, great ambiance and even greater service. Our server Juan was one of a kind. Amazing night! Couldn't have asked for more! Defenetely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service falls shortKenster52Dined on 9/6/2014Good food, great ambiance noise level isn't too bad, only issue was that I didn't feel like I was getting the high-end table service I was paying for , at 18-25$ entrees i expected to be more attended to, poured my own water multiple times , asked twice for a black napkin and never got it. This type of service seems to be the norm here, been several times and it's the same 3 star service every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceAshley826Dined on 8/30/2014Came here for my birthday with a group of 7 others. From beginning to end, this place was superb! Our server, Gabby, was very aware of the menu & assisted us with selecting several different apps, entrees & wines. Would recommend this spot a million times over. Will definitely return not just for a celebration, but for an any day dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a cool atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Went for my birthday and thought food and atmosphere was nice. Not having been there I didn't think to ask for inside seating. It was extremely warm! Would go again just sit inside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolores has a magic formula!samyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Dolores never disappoints!! We have a lovely dinner on the upper deck, fabulous food, great service, just delightful!Special Features:
- Excellent!dinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant - the drinks, the food, the ambiance, the service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over hard means?cardiganDined on 8/17/2014Like this place and was hoping for great brunch experience but its more like lunch. Ask for eggs over hard and twice they came back just as runny. Could not eat my food. Would go back for lunch or dinner but brunch is a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fully recommended!amcpctechDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food! Great service. Try the Angus Churrasco anf Huevos Rotos! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMtdmDined on 8/3/2014Beautiful, tasty, fancy and not expensive at all. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debraDined on 8/3/2014The food, ambience, and service was fantastic! My husband and I were looking for a relaxing place for dinner nd found this wonderful gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, untrained waitstaffNashvillefoodieDined on 8/2/2014While the food was delicious, and the ambiance was phenomenal, I was very disappointed by the lack of efficiency of our waitress. When we sat down it took a while for her to make her way over and once she did she seemed flustered and unprepared to be working outside on the patio. Our food was timely but she forgot to bring us silverware, and when asked only brought one set instead of the necessary two. The food was delicious, and well timed but then it took about 30 minutes to get her attention to receive our bill. I would strongly recommend some more rigorous training for the younger waitstaff to make sure they are able to handle the high volume of people that frequent this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic View & serviceRImpinkDined on 8/2/2014This is a gem of a restaurant in Brickell! We sat on the rooftop which was more lively without being too loud, and had a nice view of some of the city. With a group of 10, you expect the service to take longer but it didnt- our waiter Miguel was on top of it, and our food and drinks came out in no time! There is a great selection depending on what you're looking for: steak, tuna, italian..there's something for everyone. And every entree comes with an appetizer of your choice. The prices here are great, much more reasonable than most places in Miami. And at $15 a bottle of wine in Miami, you really can't beat it! I highly recommend.Special Features:
- The following 902 reviews are from the Dolores But You Can Call Me Lolita reviews archive.
- DisappointingfoodloveandwineDined on 7/19/2014I was disappointed. I have been there before and had a great time. This time was thoroughly disappointing. The drinks at the bar downstairs were awful!!! So bad that when I went upstairs I told the waitress if the drinks come from downstairs... no thanks! We had two waitresses... and it felt like none! I had 2 unexpected guests arrive when I asked for chairs they never assisted me saying that they had to "ask the manager". They never asked the manager. I ended up finding the chairs myself for my guests. I couldn't have been more embarrassed by their lack of professionalism and service. I will never celebrate my birthday there again. The food is average... It used to be above average not anymore...
- Trendy Place with Outdoor DiningMiamiMarraDined on 7/19/2014I came here with my husband for dinner. Note: I am allergic to sugar and gluten. I wanted the caprese salad without parmesan. I was told it already came prepared and the parmesan couldn’t be removed. The same thing was true for the gazpacho. I asked for it without bread and was advised there are pieces of bread in the soup, so I opted for the burrata salad and "I can't believe it's not pasta.” Unfortunately, the salad lacked the flavor I'm used to, as I normally purchase burrata from Publix and it's so delicious, but the Dolores salad was just "alright." However, the non-pasta dish of string zucchini was very flavorful and filling. I do recommend this plate! The customer service was fantastic, and my hubby loved his short rib lasagna.Special Features:
- Elenita123Dined on 7/18/2014It was the first time I've gone there. But it won't be the last. I loved the food. Our waiter was amazing and attentive. The menu selection was unique but good. The prices were reasonable as well. I loved the ambiance although the music got a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinning downtown MiamiramonzDined on 7/17/2014Great place for dinner;very slow to ge the food, but waiter and manager's service balance that with efficiency and extreme customer satisfaction toolsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I loved this place!!!! It was my husbands birthday and this was great the waiter was sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlaceDankoDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is very good, the food is good and when you finish, you can go the dancing in the bar.Special Features:
- Going Down!3noRVIPDined on 6/6/2014This restaurant was the favorite in town for the last years but it is going down: the prices are going up, the portions are going down (my last appetizer salad was served in a plate the size of the coffee cup plate: three pieces of lettuce!) and they have change many of the past good things: bread, free house sparkling water. The worst: you can not trust the establishment anymore: I left my phone and move away from the table. Just the waiter and the bus boy could have time to access the table before I realize I left my phone there. It was gone. The management said their people don't do that. But they did! A simple check of the cameras could have shown it, but they don't care. I wont return. Sorry. The Lolita I used to love is gone.
- Great outdoor rooftop patioBobNahantVIPDined on 6/5/2014Wow free appetizer with every meal. I would highly recommend the eggplant appetizer ... very delicious and almost a meal in itself The best thing about this restaurant is the upstairs rooftop patio ... a very pleasant place to eat outdoors and also nice to be away from all the noise level on the street belowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencieAksatvDined on 5/26/2014Went to the restaurant for my anniversary day and it was unbelievable. Food was really good and the dessert was excellent. I couldn't have asked for more. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoloresTontayVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great food and atmosphere. Outdoor patio upstairs was a perfect spot. The zucchini "pasta" was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.