Dolcino Trattoria Toscana
517 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dolcino Trattoria Toscana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dolcino-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2124489505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Dolcino Trattoria Toscana
Dolcino Trattoria Toscana is located in Kips Bay. We serve Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dolcino Trattoria Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- DeliciousloveitDined on 8/12/2014I have been eating at Dolcino for over 10 years, I've since moved out of the city, but every time I find myself in NY, I HAVE to go to Dolcino. The owner, Ray, greets the guests, remembers the regulars and is such a gentleman. The service is always fantastic and the food is nothing short of delicious. My favorite- the Ravioli Funghetto!Special Features:
- It was okay!SamiVIPDined on 8/3/2014Dolcino Trattoria Toscana is okay as a neighbor go-to restaurant if you are looking not to cook dinner and are not looking for extraordinary! The baked clams were more breading than clam. The shrimp parm was ok as was the veal parm. They were a bit stingy with the grated parmigiana cheese. The rest of our party live around the corner. Will it be their first choice to go to? Probably not!Special Features:
- FABULOUS!Tessash604Dined on 6/4/2014Dolcino Trattoria Toscana never fails to impress my co-workers and I when we have a special occasion or get-together with the girls. The food is amazing and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Dolcino Trattoria Toscana reviews archive.
- MattDined on 5/17/2014Excellent local find. Good food at inexpensive prices. Will definitely make this a regular place to return to.Special Features:
- Good entreefiyahdVIPDined on 4/26/2014The pasta entree I had was really delicious. The service was friendly as well, but the overall food wasn't that good. The prices are VERY affordable for Manhattan, but you won't be wowed by the meal. I'd order just an entree next time, because that really was the best part. App and dessert were mediocre and coffee was not good. Friendly people made it a pleasant night however.
- GREAT FIND!Tessash604Dined on 4/22/2014The food at this restaurant is absolutely superb and the service is fantastic. Dolcino Trattoria Toscana was recommended by a co-worker and we now dine there regularly. Of special note is their fresh mozzarella and tiramisu that is to die for. Well done Dolcino Trattoria Toscana!Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceMusingsDined on 4/14/2014The food was good, not to die for though. the service was really terrific, however there were only three tables on a Monday night at 6:30. It deserves to have more diners.Special Features:
- Great place for a reasonablyAlsyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great place for a reasonably priced italian meal before the moviesSpecial Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantoperafanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Always reliable for good food. Used to just walk in, but too busy now, so recommend making a reservation. Recommended: ALL their salads, but particulary the grilled portabella mushroom salad, tri-color and house salads (fabulous dressing and fresh produce). Their salmon is excellent, and my husband loves the sole francais. also, you can't go wrong with their old-world favorites of chicken or eggplant parmesian. Only negatives for me is that their chicken caccetoire and chicken scarpiella are not made "cut up, on the bone", and if you ask for it on the bone, they used the baby chicken cut up and it's not the same. But they have so many other good things, it's not a real setback. Also - Italian cheesecake and tartuffo are great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for neighborhood spot.RonalesVIPDined on 11/8/2013Food was good. Attentive to my garlic allergy. Our table was in front of the door and we were cold throughout dinner. I had written in advance when making my reservation that we were celebrating my son's birthday and could they bring one dessert with candle so we could sing Happy Birthday. I called the restaurant in advance to confirm. After we had been seated, I asked the hostess and she said that the request was in the notes, but we had to order desserts in order for that to happen. As it turned out, no one ordered dessert; just teas and coffees. But the waitors so graciously brought out one nice size dessert with a candle for the table as a birthday "gift". That was very much appreciated!
- I don't know exactlyFTCNYCVIPDined on 11/1/2013For Italian on 2nd ave when you've tried everywhere else - not too bad - not amazing - not too expensive - but just something...not very Italian - although the lamb shank special was excellent the risotto with it was only fair (and came out way too quick) the meat sauce on spaghetti was only fair - not great tomatoes I would guess. If you live here and don't need to spend what you would at Bistango go but stick to the specials
- Wonderful Family Dinner!EnjoyEatingVIPDined on 10/13/2013The food -- from the appetizers to the main courses -- was absolutely delicious! We were a group of 6. The waiters were very attentive. I chose this place because it was close to the theater we were going to and everyone was complimenting me on my selection!Special Features:
- Consistently goodJoanVIPDined on 10/5/2013Perfectly grilled salmon with generous serving of vegetables. Luscious flan. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLuckyDined on 9/21/2013We love the relaxed atmosphere and the friendly service. They serve cheese and olives along with the bread, which is a nice touch. The soups are all outstanding, from the soup du jour like butternut squash, to the minestrone, which is always on the menu. And the branzini is always good. So glad we found this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013We were very pleased with our luncheon celebration. Everyone was terrific and the prixe fix lunch was a terrific value!! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, great place to talksrm1VIPDined on 7/12/2013We love this place...the dishes are always delicious and taste fresh. Try the pappardelle with veal...delicious, and the best Tiramisu in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant food I'vealondonVIPDined on 7/9/2013Worst restaurant food I've had. The house chianti was very good, however. Would not go back
- Good food at a good price.MoonstruckOneVIPDined on 4/2/2013Good food at a good price. The sole was bland, but everything else was fresh & good.Special Features:
- Good food in a relaxed atmosphere.HappyLeaderVIPDined on 3/7/2013Saw previous good reviews.... was in the nabe..... gave it a try..... and was very satisfied. Not elegant, not pretentious, just a calm atmosphere with caring service and very good food at reasonable prices. Will return.Special Features:
- the food was really fabulous.janegoldVIPDined on 2/19/2013the food was really fabulous. I will definitely return and will recommend to friends in the 'hood. Tables are well spaced so one can hear her/himself talk without screaming. A real find !!!Special Features:
- Great Food- Great People.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2013I really enjoyed eating here. I like the decor and I also left my cell phone behind and they kept it for me to pick up the next day. Great food, great people.
- Great for LunchMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 12/28/2012Another great lunch at Dolcino with excellent service from Juan. House chianti is very good. Vegetables are fresh. Three course lunch special at $19.95 is quite a bargain. Save room for the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- Accomodated big groupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/22/2012I had a birthday dinner celebration here on a Saturday evening. I had a big group of people and they seated us in the back section, where it was separated from the other guests in the front room of the restaurant. It was quiet and private. The food was a good sized portion. The portion of risotto dish is fit for two people.Special Features:
- Another GREAT lunch....grilledMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 12/20/2012Another GREAT lunch....grilled asparagus and portobello mushrooms to start....salmon for lunch.....wonderful chocolate cake for dessert. A great meal at a great price. One complaint....we had the lovely table near the window. They need a sign asking people to close to door. we had to get up 10 times to close the door from the draft. It's not their fault the diners are rude, but we knocked the ambiance down from very good to fair because we had to play "doorman" throughout our meal.Special Features:
- We had a group of 8 for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012We had a group of 8 for a last minute dinner at 5pm and they were able to accomodate us. The food was served hot and was tasty. Price was moderate ($20 per person for a main dish. Service staff pleasant. Place relatively clean but in need of minor maintenance.
- Delicious dinner nicely servedJoanVIPDined on 12/8/2012Delicious dinner nicely served in a quiet, unpretentious room. Gracious host and waitstaff. Well pricedSpecial Features:
- We chose Dolcino TrattoriaFoodfanVIPDined on 11/17/2012We chose Dolcino Trattoria Toscana, to be honest, just because it was near where we had to be, but were were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and warm friendly service. There were 3 children under 10 years old at our table and the staff was unfailingly patient. The fettuccine Alfredo and chicken Mantone received special accolades from the adults.Special Features:
- All around good neighborhood placeoperafanVIPDined on 9/29/2012good food. Good atmosphere. Salmon is excellent and the portabello mushroom appetizer is wonderful. Their olive oil is fantastic (for dipping their great bread) and the tartuffo dessert is great as well.Special Features:
- In a neighborhood where there'sJackieWVIPDined on 9/15/2012In a neighborhood where there's not a lot of fabulous food, this place is quite good. Not excellent, but definitely a pretty solid Italian option in the Murray Hill area.Special Features:
- We had a large group for dinner.VictoriaDined on 8/17/2012We had a large group for dinner. The restaurant only provided 1 waiter, who worked hard, but couldn't keep up. The food was ok, but not great. Not a horrible place, but just ok.
- we had a wonderful lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2012we had a wonderful lunch. the service was great and the staff was very pleasant. would love to go again.Special Features:
- Very good food - the sauceSky1209VIPDined on 7/28/2012Very good food - the sauce for my salmon linguine was a bit bland, but the mashroom ravioli my husband ordered was excellent. We also shared chicken caesar salad as appetizer. It had a good portion and very good! We went for dinner on Saturday, so it was fairly busy and it took a little bit longer than you would expect for the food to be served. Overall, it was good and will go back again for sure!Special Features:
- Lovely small neighborhoodsrm1VIPDined on 7/12/2012Lovely small neighborhood restaurant with a rustic feel. Ray the owneris very nice but the person who is so attentive is the waiter Ali...polite, pays attention to every detail, efficient and smiles.Special Features:
- Nice, quiet, charming, deliciousroger313131VIPDined on 6/19/2012Very nice neighborhood red-saucer. The portions are surprisingly dainty, which is actually refreshing for Southern Italian. Plan to have room for dessert, which ain't such a shame.
- Good lunch st a fair price.MoonstruckOneVIPDined on 6/5/2012Good lunch st a fair price. Excellent portobello mushroom salad; great salmon.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood findSizeVIPDined on 5/24/2012Very good well prepared food. Livernese sauce was delicate and flavorful, just the right amount of olives and capers. Good salad too. House wine was good, not weak and with an sour aftertaste (chardonnay). Very attentive service and professional. Bread was just okay, but butter was cold and was of good quality. Nice atmosphere too.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/21/2012The restaurant has a warm cozy feel. White wash bricks walls give you a homey feelin. Place is immaculate. Service was great.Food was excellent. I loved the Bronzino,it was moist,very nice size & taste was fabulous. All other entrees were equally good.Special Features:
- The best service we have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/21/2012The best service we have had anywhere in a long time.
- Pleasant neighborhood ItalianJoanVIPDined on 3/18/2012Pleasant neighborhood Italian restaurant. Generous portions, well prepared.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Quality VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2012Excellent food. Relaxed atmosphere. Very attentive service. Highly recommend if you are in the neighborhood or looking to get out of for the evening.Special Features: