12317 West Maple Road
Omaha, NE 68164Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://dolceomaha.com/
- Phone: 402 964 2212x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Kueper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday Chris Saub, Omaha's premier guitarist and vocalist performs at Dolce, 6-9 pm.
A word from Dolce Restaurant
At Dolce we focus on using locally source ingredients to prepare the highest quality food. We are a small intimate restaurant with great service. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Dolce Restaurant - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Dolce Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (62)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Soup and saladCates1stchoicesDined on 10/21/2014...at Dolce are so carefully and intelligently prepared, their pairing at lunch here gave us the opportunity to experience a midday standard in an entirely new way. Exquisite meals at the lunch hour - with equally perfect service - are well worth the drive out to 124th and West Maple. If parsnips and balsamic vinegar as a soup and perfect duck slices in a gorgeous salad of greens and grapes are waiting for you at lunch, then you have all the more reason to head west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chef at DolceThe2ofUsDined on 10/18/2014Dolce presents simply yet without cliché, and with sufficient clientele to exceed the table count on a Friday or Saturday night. We dined early (reservations) on a Monday and Saturday. We did not order off the menu; we discussed our preference with the chef directly. If you're thinking of doing something similar, it is appropriate to call ahead and mention your preferences when you make your reservation. The service was prompt and friendly. The price was moderate to high. The surprise is the chef; from our request came several courses of refreshing flavor, appearance, and variety exceeding my experience,.. both foreign and domestic. Our favorites were the soups, and hors d'oeuvres of rice and mushrooms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RestaurantLoverRestaurantLoverDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and attentive service. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EBSLDined on 10/10/2014Great service with exceptional food. Very unique entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulPaulDined on 10/9/2014We love this place.. always an interesting mix of flavors.. my fish was cooked perfectly!! Great jobSpecial Features:
- Ingenious culinary combinationsGazelleDined on 10/8/2014The chef has found local suppliers of choice meats, vegetables and herbs and uses them in unique, visual and gustatory combinations. The baby lamb chops drizzled with a Diane sauce and served with roasted asparagus and geometric forms of deep fried mashed potatoes were memorable!Special Features:
- Reservation time was messed upFoodiefromVAVIPDined on 9/27/2014I made a reservation for 9:15 on Saturday night and around 7:45 received a call from Dolce wondering if I intended to keep my 7:15 reservation. I told the host I had a 9:15 reservation and they insisted I did not. Then I was told that due to the Sat night Husker game the restaurant was not busy and that if I wanted to eat at Dolce that night, I needed to be there by 8:30 because they would be closing early. Of course that call came while my sister and I were out and about and had to change our plans to make the dinner. I have never had a restaurant try and change my reservation because they did not want to stay open. The food was good - but I was annoyed by the change in reservation which changed our night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date night!love2eatDined on 9/24/2014Great experience! The only negative was we were sat right next to the musician so it was hard to hear once in awhile. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceSasminDined on 9/22/2014The service we received was top notch! Probably the best we've ever had. The food was wonderful, not only pleasing to the eye but pleasing to the palate. We finished with French pressed coffee and it was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9-17-1409202013Dined on 9/17/2014The food and atmosphere was fantastic, Such an inviting environment. the food is fresh and full of flavorSpecial Features:
- Nice EveningLetsEatVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went here because of Restaurant Week. It was our first visit. We loved the atmosphere, the live music and the vibe. The food was fantastic, much better than we expected. The food was creative and delicious. We arrived at a time when many other diners arrived, so our service was a bit slow and choppy. With so many great places to eat in Omaha, it was great to find another "keeper" as the other places we visited during Restaurant Week, didn't make the cut.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBalooDined on 9/13/2014Small menu ensures attention to detail on each plate and well selected ingredients. Our steaks were flavorful high quality meat seared to perfect medium rare. Service was excellent. Professional. Knowledgeable. Soft lighting added a romantic touch. A good choice for couples. Get dressed up for a fine dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Food-amazing! Service felt a bit rushed. Our table made me feel like I was in a box, could have been dining anywhere. We were right next to a half wall the wall behind had no art work or details. Luckily, my husband switched seats with me so I could see a bit of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go there!SkippymomDined on 9/12/2014Best mussels. Ever. The ambiance is perfect, the food is creative and delicious. This s a perfect d special occasion restaurant. Servers know the menu and they make it a point to try to make a diner' s experience memorable in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up scaled restauranttimewiseDined on 9/11/2014I would not return to this restaurant because the overall experience was bad. The atmosphere was very cold. The steak was great, and so was the soup. However the rest of the meal had way to much vinegar which made the dinning experience bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Dim lights a bit. Kinda bright for romantic. Tables were a bit to close as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning soonAjelsVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went to Dolce for wine and dessert after dining with another establishment for dinner. First, the service seemed a bit cold but that turned around pretty quickly. I think the server was just trying to get a feel for us as diners. I ordered a nice glass of red wine with the daily creme brûlée which was chocolate macchiato. The wine was great. I generally expect a smaller pour from more expensive restaurants but that was not the case. It was a nice large glass with a generous pour. I ranked the food lower because the brûlée was over torched. It was torched beyond the hard candy level and tasted burnt. I couldn't eat it. The chocolate macchiato custard on the other hand was perfect! I'll be back to try the scallops soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal and environmentsbn67Dined on 9/8/2014Enjoyed my meal at Dolce. I loved the soup special and my Tuscan steak entree. I did not enjoy the taste of the cheesecake, it is a different texture and taste then "regular" cheesecake. That being said, it is only my preference, not the fact that it wasn't "good". The staff was friendly and did not rush the meal. I would go back to Dolce with out hesitation.Special Features:
- worst meal in 10+ yearsdatenitediningDined on 9/5/2014Chicken cordon blue appetizer has a bad charred taste as chicken was raw. Soup was watered down. Salad had no dressing and main dish was just"blah". Overall, epic fail...many, many other places in Omaha with much better food.
- Hidden gemnorthof60Dined on 9/4/2014What a find, you have to try this place. Everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was way above expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Everything was cooked perfectly. The service was great. If it's date night this is the place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolce does it again!CheckPleaseDined on 8/29/2014We're impressed every time we dine at Dolce. The "Date Night Special" was extraordinary and the wine pairing was an excellent match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave and JanetFirstimersDined on 8/27/2014Was our first time at Dolce. We had a wonderful, relaxing meal. Waitress was attentive. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Dolce RocksHawkeyeDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food, presentation, service, and ambiance. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful night!GoldfinchDined on 8/25/2014What a great find in Omaha! Such a nice atmosphere, interesting entrees and great service! It's a bit on the pricey side but the "Date Night" option is a nice feature. Would definitely come back for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014We had a great date night dinner. The mussels were delicious, excellent salads, best steak flavors in years. Amanda was our server and could not be better- attentive and friendly. The only negative is how small the place is -; you are sitting way too close to other dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant west omahaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014We have been coming to Dolce for the past two years when we drive through omaha. It is a great find. The food is wonderful, fresh, and innovative. They have a good wine list and our server was able to recommend a very good bottle of wine that was not on the menu. I would very much recommend this restaurant for a relaxing, fun evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but quaintMrsOtter2006Dined on 8/19/2014We asked for a quiet table, since we were celebrating our anniversary. We were put at a quiet table.....in the corner, with zero air movement. The quite atmosphere was nice but completely still air is not ideal conditions for dinner. The food was good....good for foodies.Special Features:
- Everything was excellentdwolffmomDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I did the 4 course date night prix fix menu. We had the risotto and it was creamy and wonderful with fresh peas in it. My husband had the squash soup and I had the house salad. They were both wonderful. The salad had a house vinagrette and I don't normal care that much for vinagrette but it was pared perfectly with the other ingredients in the salad. My husband had the Tuscan steak which was cooked perfectly and I had the Kobe Ragu which was yummy. Just the right amount of meat, sauce and pasta. I was stuffed after our entrees but the date night menu includes a dessert. We ordered the bread pudding. I love bread pudding and this is one of the best I have ever had. It was very light with a yummy caramel sauce.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedfoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I'm typically not a fan of strip mall restaurants but Dolce was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was better than expected and the food was delicious. The service was good but not particularly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!2Eat2Drink2bGaryDined on 8/15/2014We had a perfect dining experience AGAIN at Dolce. I was proud to take my sister to the restaurant to enjoy a wonderful meal with us. She is a great judge of a great meal and agreed with us that this was perfect! Our waitress was very informative and a delight. Her recommendations are to be commended. From the wine choice, to the mussels, the swordfish, topping it off with the bread pudding. The chef is amazing. Thank you Dolce!Special Features:
- jpspDined on 8/13/2014Outstanding food at a reasonable price with their date menu. Food prepared individually with attention to detail. Could use additional wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolce - OVER THE TOP!Happy2EatDined on 8/13/2014To say this venue is AMAZING is a supreme understatement. I brought two "newbies" - one of which is a fairly accomplished cook - they were absolutely blown away! There is no doubt about it, this is THE place to eat to experience fine dining and phenomenal wait staff in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemCates1stchoicesDined on 8/12/2014A pearl of a restaurant. The chef goes out of his way to accommodate food allergies and then constructs a dessert not on the menu in response to a request! A must-dine-here-often restaurant.Special Features:
- A very pleasant surprise.appreciatesgoodvalueDined on 8/1/2014We had considered trying Dolce but the online menu and prices initially kept us away. We received a Dolce groupon as a gift and gave the resaurant a try. The food was truly outstanding. The appetizer of the day and specials were better than what the online menu had lead us to expect. We decided that we would come again and be very willing to pay full price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed the Date Night menu. The food was a delicious combination of flavors. Our service was prompt and our waiter courteous. We would recommend it for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- LarSDined on 7/30/2014We went with another couple to celebrate our birthdays. Chris Saub was playing quietly in the background. The ambience and the food/presentation/service was wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceBombdiggityDined on 7/25/2014Our appetizer was ok, salad course was very good, main dinner was ok and dessert left a bit to be desired. Our service was very lacking. The table next to us was served by the same server and got a great service. I am sure it helped that the server knew them. The table next to us had their silverware changed with courses which didn't happen at our table, they were asked if they wanted fresh pepper with their salads, we didn't. My water glass sat empty quite often as well. The restaurant itself was small but nice although the tables were a bit to close together for me.
- Best duck ever in OmahaTooTallSidVIPDined on 7/25/2014Duck: Tender, sliced, mixed with vegetables (parsnips, pear, fennel, greens - perfectly cooked), a blackberry sauce worth licking the plate. Smooth, tasty & satisfying cauliflower soup with a touch of fennel & duck skin. Argentinian Malbec - light tanins, touch of fruit, yet full flavor. Ended with a delicious dessert cheesecake: ginger, hazelnut, blackberry balsamic, and full flavor decaf. All this and more for $75 for two, but too much food for seniors like us.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/22/2014This is our second time at this restaurant. The food is really quite special and very reasonable. It is a storefront restaurant with a wonderful chef and excellent waitstaff. The prices are very reasonable. Our waitress recommended an excellent bottle of wine and the chef made me chocolate sauce for my ice cream dessert. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: