Dolce Pane E Vino
16081 San Dieguito Rd.
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067Neighborhood:
Rancho Santa Fe
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Dolce Pane E Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dolcepaneevino.com/
- Phone: (858) 832-1518
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11 am - 11 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am to Midnight. Formaggeria opens at 11 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Team of Chefs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full service catering. You will be in the hands of our in house catering coordinator. Please call or come by to schedule a tasting.
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire restaurant is available for private parties. Please contact us with any questions that you might have concerning your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Flowers 8588321518
A word from Dolce Pane E Vino
Dolce is a high quality, inviting atmosphere and the perfect Ranch neighborhood hideaway. Intimate and lively, Dolce offers delicious California/Italian farm-to-table cuisine, fine wine and occasions for joyful gatherings. Our signature fare features fabulous small dishes and entrees prepared in the open kitchen's custom wood-burning oven. A full bar also features an impressive wine collection with hundreds of superb domestic and international selections. Inside, Dolce blends artisan sensibilities and rustic elegance with family-style shared tables offering a convivial dining experience. Outside, warm days and evenings make the Sunset Patio the perfect setting for wine tastings, afternoon brunch and dinner parties. Our sweet and knowledgeable team strives to provide the ultimate dining and wine experience in the true spirit of old world charm and hospitality, even our wines are sold at winery, not restaurant, prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Dolce Pane E Vino - Best Restaurants in Rancho Santa Fe ›
Dolce Pane E Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BestSeanVIPDined on 11/24/2014My wife and I (and family and freinds) really appreciate Dolce. Great staff, really delicious food, wonderful wine . . . . . the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table Wine BarbrunchgreenstDined on 11/23/2014While visiting Rancho Santa Fe the owner of the local coffee place, Cafe Poistano, Tim, suggested this spot for dinner. What a find! Tucked away in a local shopping center this lovely, hip and modern wine bar surprised us with its great food. Farm fresh, organic, locally sourced and cooked by a gifted chef: the tomato soup, beet salad, brick chicken and swordfish were all excellent and extraordinarily flavorful. Our server Olovia was charming and knowledgeable. Oh, I almost forgot the Butterscotch Bandino, gone in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great varietycoachkristenDined on 11/6/2014My boyfriend and I went for my birthday and really enjoyed it. Everything was very tasty and portions were reasonable. I am vegetarian and there were many options for me, along with a fantastic wine list.Special Features:
- A favorite that continues to excel.HunterVIPDined on 10/17/2014Dolce Pane e Vino always demonstrates its ability to maintain excellent food and service, and it even manages to get better and better. It's the kind of a restaurant that you use in your mind as a benchmark - and ask yourself if others measure up. The menu uses fresh local ingredients such as Chino Farms vegetables, and the imaginative and creative culinary staff are always offering new variations, while also letting their guests stick with the proven favorites if they wish. We love the "chicken under brick" - and there are now variations of this terrific dish available, such as a slightly more highly spiced version. The wine list is distinctive, fun and affordable. The bar is lively. It's all good.Special Features:
- Always enjoy going to DolceNeighborVIPDined on 9/14/2014No competition in the area -- good choices, good ambiance -- just very pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently excellent. Great service. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Venue, but pricyimLGDined on 8/29/2014Dolce serves food that you can appreciate! Everything on their menu is very good. They have a fair selection of appetizers, I loved the way they served the Artichoke Hearts. Sooo Good! They also have some really good small plates. My favorite is the Lamb Chops and Polenta. Try those! Their entrees list is short but quite good. They have a great selection of wines by the bottle, and their list of wines by the stem has something for most. Take an American Express Platinum card when you go, though. It's in a pricy neighborhood-one of the few in that neighborhood, too-so they expect to tap your hip pocket significantly. Compared to other area eateries this spot is seen more as a neighborhood convenience than a destination eatery.Special Features:
- Dolce was a treat2AguasDined on 8/21/2014Dolce was very warm and welcoming--dinner was excellent and the interior was intimate enough to have a conversation while lively at the bar.Special Features:
- Dolce pane et vinoLeleDined on 8/16/2014We adore the food and dining outside, great friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was great and was delivered to our table quickly. The dining room was a bit noisy but other than that it was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Start to the WeeksallyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Perfect place to start the Week, ambiance and food and service as perfect as always.Special Features:
- The following 135 reviews are from the Dolce Pane E Vino reviews archive.
- Neighborhood Dinner VenueSteveVIPDined on 7/26/2014A nice evening dining outdoors at sunset. Fairly small restaurant, being at the end of a small strip mall - has a very upscale feel. Great ambiance, really good food, and the service was exceptional. Probably the place for casual dining rather than the big set piece special occasion. Just perfect when nothing planned - you can mostly just drop in and get a table.Special Features:
- Nice ambience . . .NeighborVIPDined on 7/26/2014. . . but expensive for what it is. If it were more reasonably priced, we would go more often.Special Features:
- Nice little placeQCommVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is a nice neighborhood place. Some of the seating is sub optimal…particularly the lounge style tables..not suitable for dining… Sometimes service is less than stellar.
- Cali CuisineCarrieBDined on 6/18/2014The Resturant is decorated beautifully. It's a little off the beaten path. The food is good with a nice wine list. The noise level is very high. The place is small and is 1/2 bar. So it gets LOUD! The tables are set up family style. So you've no privacy. Your sharing a table with other parties. Not a good date place.Special Features:
- amazing as alwaysBigOnFoodSDDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful table. Food was amazing. My steak was cooked slightly more well-done than i like and my broccoli was wilted, everything else was perfect. One of the few places that has fantastic deserts; I murdered my low-carb diet on those. This was the first time i didn't have an amazing waiter so i was a touch let down (every other time i've had outstanding service)Special Features:
- Good EveningsallyVIPDined on 5/23/2014Nice evening, everything wonderful did not like sharing the outside table, made it hard to hear and felt like we were listening in to others conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/7/2014I looked at the menu online and it seemed to have a fair amount of variety. When we arrived at the restaurant the menu seemed much smaller, I asked about the absence of the paninis & was told they stopped making them at 2:00 it was 1:50 when we arrived. We ordered a flatbread with filet mignon. The meat was way over cooked & tough. Our server's answer was that some people complained that the meat was too pink!
- Always a treatBhunterDined on 4/20/2014Outstanding food, service and atmosphere, like always. This is one of our very favorite spots. We brought guests, and they fell in love with Dolce also.Special Features:
- awesomeripsaysDined on 4/18/2014Great food, ambiance and service. Wine and dessert were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingSeanVIPDined on 4/6/2014The cioppino is just fantastic. I almost hesitate saying it, for fear that Dolce will be overrun with customers, it's that good. Pair that with an Italian red, and you have a truly memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CioppinoSeanVIPDined on 3/21/2014Probably the best cioppino that my wife or I have ever had. Simply delicious. Atmosphere is comfortable, the staff is always friendly. Dolce is one of our favorite spots for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- auldmizzouAuldmizzouDined on 3/15/2014Limited but excellent menu. The food was excellent as was the service. Friendly ambience. A bit pricy but not out of line.Special Features:
- Dolce Pan E Vino has verySeanVIPDined on 3/2/2014Dolce Pan E Vino has very good foor, a pleasant atmosphere and a friendly staff. The "experience" is consistently very, very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level trumps food & serviceECGRVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was beyond 5 stars and the service equally so. However the noise level was so bad that it was impossible to fully enjoy the experience. I would love to return and try again but only if I was guaranteed a cozy table outside. The food and the service is just too great to miss because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day Rancho Santa FeResearchqueenDined on 2/14/2014Wonderful! I was so happy to get 4 of us in on Valentines Day! We all LOVED it. We will be back soon. The martinis were FANTASTIC made by bartender Mike I was told and WOW! Berries, Berries, Berries. The Salmon was great! The Rabbit lasagna that my husband had, (poor rabbit) was fantastic he said. The sides of mashed potatoes, artichokes were fantastic. Then, to top it off, the wine my husband ordered was not available, so, they gave him a bottle of better quality for the same price! Our friends ordered the bread pudding for desert and shared, mmmmmmmm! We will be back soon! Thank you for making our love celebration great. Sincerely, Janice Ann Monaco-KellerSpecial Features:
- The waiter and manager asked us tofoodieDined on 2/1/20144 girlfriends went out to dinner, one of them is a Food blogger, our reservation was at 6 p.m. and to our surprise at 9 the waiter told us the manager asked me tell you the next reservation is here and we need your table!! Outrageous nobody told us our reservation had a deadline!Special Features:
- Our group of six decided toRastrattonVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our group of six decided to go "family style" and share multiple appetizers and large plates and they were all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDMdinerVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was our second visit for dinner. We were a party of 4 but were seated at a "private" but uniquely shaped table for 8, so it was a little awkward. The food was delicious--bruschetta with fig and goat cheese, short rib sliders, gnocchi with sausage and peppers, flatbread with goat cheese, and Brussels sprouts lardon. Great amuse boushe(?) as well. The chocolate bread pudding was good as well but not as chocolate-y as I recall from our first visit. Our server was friendly but we would have preferred for him to send over a sommelier rather than pretend to know something about wines. It wasn't a big deal, but it was obvious to my guests, so again a little awkward. It was a nice evening other than that minor detail. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/3/2014asked for a quiet table (emphasis on table) called to confirm quiet and table and inside. three days b4 resv. assured we'd have it...//ere seated at a small table suitable for two in the noisy bar area (the resv was for 3 people)
- Fantastic neighborhood gem.ChrisHVIPDined on 12/31/2013Fantastic neighborhood gem. Incredible wine sleection, great food, wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - but way too noisy !DavethedinerVIPDined on 11/22/2013Loved the food and the ambiance was great but the very high noise level coming from the bar was just too much - made it less romantic and much less relaxing - this could have been a favorite but prob won't go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/19/2013Pretty good food, but very noisy (loud music) and it's expensive for what it is.
- Dolce Pane E VinoDelMartianVIPDined on 11/17/2013Excellent food (Carlsbad mussels, Margherita pane, fig bruschetta), drinks (Chopin vodka martinis), and service. Very nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered a number of smallTLambDined on 10/24/2013We ordered a number of small plates for the table and enjoyed them thoroughly. Unfortunately, we waited a little too long to order our main courses (because we wanted to see how full we were after the small plates) and their special of the night was already sold out. Fortunately, their substitute was (in my opinion) a much more appealing option. No one was disappointed and we all enjoyed a convivial evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner!DMdinerVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had dinner with another couple and it was delightful. The food was very fresh and all plates were delicious. Extensive wine list and excellent craft beer selection. We LOVED the fig and goat cheese bruschetta, the short rib sliders, the mussels, and the prosciutto flatbread. The lamb chops were a tad overdone, but that could be my fault for ordering them medium-well. The double chocolate bread pudding was YUM! Our server was excellent. The patio is nice with fire pit and heaters but it is quite dark. Maybe if they put up twinkle lights it would help--lots of people were using there cellphones as flashlights to see the menu, food, bill. A true neighborhood gem. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome fooddanddDined on 10/12/2013My lamb chops were a perfect medium-rare and my husband's flatbread was delicious. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, and our cousin works there and was our server - it was a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great - plus a special treatHunterVIPDined on 9/27/2013Dolce Pane E Vino is a regular favorite for my wife and I. We would choose it over any restaurant in North County. The food is always great, imaginative, delicious, well-presented and substantial. The service is excellent, and the restaurant must treat its staff well because they're constant, and it's easy to make friends you look forward to seeing next time. On this particular Friday night, Steve (the boss-man) had found us a Chassagne Montrachet he knew we would like, at a very affordable price, so we had an extra special treat. This is a place that you'll love getting to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great but our table....PickyeaterVIPDined on 9/20/2013My husband and I loved the pizza and the short rib sliders were totally yummy. Amazing wine list. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. And the place is very pretty with a happy vibe. But when we came in needing some alone time after a particularly stressful day we were seated at a large "group" table with 3 other couples. Since my job calls for being social I prefer not to be forced into it on my down time. It turned out ok and everyone there must have felt the same way because we all just kept to our own personal conversations, but if you're calling to make reservations and you don't want to make new friends over dinner, I suggest you specifically request a private table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LovingLunchesVIPDined on 9/11/2013This is one of my favorite restaurants. Food is consistently fantastic, good service and I love the decor. Salads are always super fresh. Love the pink and yellow beets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.