1690 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ldvhospitality.com/brands/dolce-italian
- Phone: (786) 975-2550
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: 11:00am - 6:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm- 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paolo Dorigato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dolce Italian provides private dining options in our main dining room, cafe, patio and in other outlets within the Gale Hotel to accommodate your next private event. Host a small intimate gathering with a pre-fixe menu uniquely created by our Chef or allow us to arrange your catered cocktail event for your large gathering. We will tailor your event to the tastes and preferences of you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Patterson 786-975-2562x
A word from Dolce Italian
Located on the iconic Collins Avenue in the heart of South Beach, Dolce Italian is Miami’s newest dining destination located at The Gale Hotel. Dolce’s menu offers a contemporary take on Italian classics, featuring dishes ranging from wood-roasted pizza to house-made pasta, Italian-style steaks, chops, salads, and fish dishes. The 6,000 sq. ft. space restaurant encompasses a 30 seat indoor café, 90-seat outdoor café, a wood-fired pizza bar, vibrant lounge, full-service bar and a magnetic 90-seat main dining room, where locals and tourists alike can enjoy a charming evening of indulgence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dolce Italian reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- jackVIPDined on 11/22/2014overall a pleasant experience with great service, though limited food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious South Beach ItalianmgpnycVIPDined on 10/30/2014Starting with the bread basket of assorted breads and sticks and ending with wonderful, beautifully presented desserts, everything in between is perfect. Salads are enormous and nicely prepared. The "Caesar" dressing has just the right essence of anchovy. The spaghetti with san marzano tomato sauce and meatballs was beyond extraordinary. The service was attentive and pleasant. The dining room was warm and cozy with nice music and the perfect level of dark lighting. There are outdoor tables in front however the buses and traffic passing by on Collins Ave. can be distracting. Overall, Dolce is a really nice place to dine and can easily compete with the best Italian restaurant in Miami.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Incredible...CampbellVIPDined on 9/27/2014...that we canceled another restaurant and went here two days in a row while on vacation in South Beach!Special Features:
- Great!DcormDined on 9/26/2014Four of us had dinner for my wife's 40th birthday. Excellent food and top notch service. A fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Find in South Beach...CampbellVIPDined on 9/26/2014...that we canceled another restaurant and went here two days in a row while on vacation in South Beach!Special Features:
- Music?GracefullyDined on 9/23/2014The ambience of the restaurant is great but the music doesn't fit? Great classic Italian food but the music is an eclectic mix that moves from hip-hop to classic rock. Doesn't seem to fit? Anyway, food is great. Recommend caprese salad, pizza Tartufatta, and the spaghetti pomodoro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but not wow.ErdgzDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant is beautiful and their chocolate mousse is absolutely delicious. Despite this, I found it to be too expensive for the food they offer. They are nice dishes, but not over 100 dollar nice! Their meatballs appetizer is very nice as well. I recommend it, but as a pricey place with good, not superb food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014We had dinner at Dolce in the outside front of the restaurant. Vibrant area of South Beach. Delicious food and great service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time- going backReeltrDined on 8/23/2014There were 4 of us and we all loved our food. We actually did the Spice menu, which had a great selection and excellent food. Definitely a "going back to" place
- Espectacular!DianaDined on 8/23/2014This place was amazing. My husband and I live in Miami and we know how hard is to find a true Italian restaurant in town. The food was delicious. I highly recommend the warm caprese salad. Even though this has become a very popular dish in almost every restaurant, this one was just outstanding! For entree my husband had pizza and I had the spinach raviolis. They were both very yummy :) finally you must try their tiramisu. And you must know I'm very picky with my tiramisus... It is my favorite desert after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and DelicioushealthchickVIPDined on 8/23/2014A group of us went for Miami Spice and loved everything. The appetizer of meatballs was flavorful and with a nice texture. The beet salad was fresh and an interesting blend of textures and spices. The veal scaloppine had a light breading and a robust mushroom sauce, which while heavy was not overwhelming to the dish. The surprise of the night was the pizza. It is delicious! Probably the best in Miami. Pizzas have a thin crust and the ingredients are fresh (and I believe the mozzarella is made in house). We all felt as if we were right in Italy! The portion sizes for all the courses were generous. We all ordered the chocolate mousse. It was rich and creamy and delicious. A perfect end to an delightful meal!Special Features:
- Horrible fake ItalianHorribleDined on 8/16/2014This was cheap food, seemed microwaved. I ordered the caprese salad and instead of bring my the proper Burrata cheese that should come with this salad they melted a block mozzarella in the microwave. It was terrible. The risotto also seemed microwaved and cheap. I felt like I was eating at a restaurant on ocean drive. I would never go back. So over priced for what it is too.
- It was goodVepicis19VIPDined on 8/15/2014I had dine in here before and thought it was great. But this time was just ok. Not coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally delicioso!!!!GoodchampagneVIPDined on 8/14/2014We happened upon this restaurant in passing and ended up eating here twice during our stay!!! The Lemon Risotto is, "outstanding"!! Being as I am allergic to shrimp I inquired about substituting the shrimp for scallops. Perfection!!!! My friend was craving, spaghetti and meatballs and their meatballs are a combination of lamb, beef and pork (I believe) and they were astounding. Authentico!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Everything was very good from start to finish, the only negative is the background music; to much rock and roll music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect post-shopping dinner spotMaryLee2028VIPDined on 8/2/2014Great location - close to, but not right on, Lincoln Road. Went with a friend and 10-year old. Waitstaff (Ennio) was warm and welcoming. Brought a great strawberry "mock-tail". Overall price point is consistent with South Beach - nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Dolce Italian reviews archive.
- awfullmariloDined on 7/27/2014we order 2 starters that took 45 minutes to arrive even though the place was empty. the pasta came after we asked 3 times. overcooked and the sauce was terrible
- Great good! Clean italian!JTHeartDined on 7/9/2014Try the lemon risotto! Great clean flavors I pesto, lemon with perfect shrimp! Great dish! Wine list was exceptional and huge! Great date spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Food was excellent waitress was friendly and outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014Just another restaurant on a touristy strip. Not great, not awful. Pizza was a bit soggy. meh
- authenticfermiamiDined on 5/11/2014One of the best pizzas around, authentic Italian flavor. Coffee is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolce - Gem in SOBEFredisenbDined on 5/4/2014Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Recommend ordering a nice variety of dishes and sharing. The pastas are exquisite, do not miss the meatballs or Carpaccio appetizers. The Caprese salad of heirlooms and fresh slightly heated mozzarella is incredible. We also had the veal Milanese which was outstanding. They even have gluten free pasta ad am option. Service was outstanding. Our waiter Ennio was.great. Can't recommend Dolce enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IpswichjimVIPDined on 5/1/2014Concierge at The Ritz recommended this place which was only a block away. Wonderful patio seating and although Collins Ave. is right outside, enough vegetation acting as a screen provides enough privacy that you look out more than people looking in. Warm mozzarella on the Caprese salad was to die for but the tomatoes could have been better (had better ones at Ritz the night before). Lamb Ragu and Veal Milanese were both wonderful and dressing on salad that came with veal was light but with enough zing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulQueenYumYumVIPDined on 4/30/2014Excellent service. Very nice staff. Food presentation was beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014In the middle of it all in south beach food was amazing! We had the pork belly appetizer and grilled octopus appetizer then split the spaghetti and meatball. Plenty of food. Excellent service and price was surprisingly reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/8/2014Rare find in Miami....a perfect combination of food, service, ambiance and location, location, locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, drink & enjoy.BeachfoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Drinks were perfect. Shared the apps: Caprese salad, grilled octopus on a bed of lentils, meatballs with polenta. Eggplant and spinach sides, Veal milanese (huge portion) and fish. All good.Special Features:
- Outstanding South Beach ItalianJimmySlobVIPDined on 3/7/2014Great food and a very extensive wine list. The service was outstanding, as was the hostess who greeted us. The place is beautiful, the lighting perfect, and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodFofi3Dined on 3/6/2014Despite the short time of existence, the Dolce Italian has everything to keep on for a long time. The atmosphere is very nice, the dishes were very well prepared and tasty and the wine list offered options for all tastes and spending. For sure I will come back sometimesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dolce A Cut Above...ConnecticutNateDined on 3/3/2014Lots of Italian choices in South Beach - this one rises to the top for food quality and value. We were greeted and seated promptly at an outside table (Tuesday night - weekends you'll wait unless you're an early bird/night owl). Solid italian menu with a broad selection and price range. We did the foodie thing, but the gang next to us was happy with their brick oven pizzas. Pasta was fresh and cooked perfectly. Sauce (or 'gravy' as we say here) also vibrant - oh and the antipasto was also a strong performer. Wine list is good - 'by-the-glass' has some solids on it - but like any SB eatery, you'll pay for it- just a get a bottle, sit back, and enjoy the parade along Collins Ave. NWGSpecial Features:
- unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. I thought it was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Great place for special occasionsFoodie89Dined on 2/3/2014This is a great place for special occasions or if you just want a great food with a nice atmosphere. The service was great and the food was fabulous. Especially the potato ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantKitchenClosedVIPDined on 1/27/2014Love the food and atmosphere. Always my favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!KhillVIPDined on 1/25/2014This was the second time we had dinner here and we loved it this time just as much as the first time we were here. The food and service were great! The wine list is way over priced, but that is the norm for South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceShannonVIPDined on 12/31/2013Service was wonderful and the food was great --we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DolceLipsVIPDined on 12/28/2013I have been to Dolce twice and have really enjoyed each visit. I highly recommend this restaurant for its tasty food, choice of spirits, friendly attitude and cool/comfortable decor. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food & Wine!YeaBuddyDined on 12/25/2013Food menu has some of the usual fare you would expect to see and others that are very creative. The scallop dish wrapped in speck is incredible as well as the baccala and pork belly apps. Pizzas come to the table perfectly cooked and still bubbling. The wine list has something for everyone. Its creatively put together. Make sure you save room for dessert and have the budino or panna cotta. Cant wait to try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salads are delicous andjackVIPDined on 11/30/2013The salads are delicous and colorful. You can have anything from pizza to well prepared entreesSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent. EntreesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/27/2013Food was excellent. Entrees a bit pricey for area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodDebbieDined on 11/23/2013I have been to Dolce several times and the food and service Remain top notch. Our friends from out of town loved it! We shared appetizers, the meatballs, octopus and Calamari and they were all delicious. Our entrees were just as tasty and while the portions are not huge, they are adequate and leave you very satisfied. The panna cotta was delectable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.