12 N. Park Ave.
Rockville Centre, NY 11570Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dodicirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5167643000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dodici offers the entire restaurant for events on Saturday & Sundays afternoons.
Restaurant: 100 people
Private backroom: 35 people
- Entertainment: Occasional Live Music
A word from Dodici Restaurant
DODICI - Located in the heart of Rockville Centre, New York. Dodici is a testament to the authentic and delicious Italian cuisine. Our extensive wine list and relaxing setting combined with the mouthwatering food, makes Dodici a unique dining experience on Long Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dodici Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- eatsout2VIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. Very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A Second LookOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/9/2014Went here for the first time entertaining visiting collegaues. It was pretty good. I need to try it out one more time before I put it in the regular rotation for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2014We went to this restaurant expecting excellent service. We placed our order with our waiter who came to our table 15 mins later. All tables next to us got bread as starters. We didn't. We ordered Mozzeralla Caprese as our appetizer. The plate came out with only cheese and stale & squashed tomatoes. No balsamic vinegar. No presentation. Nothing. We asked for balsamic vinegar and had to wait another 7 minutes for it to come to our table. No waiter came to our table to ask what our order would be for the main course. Finally we called our waiter over and placed our order for Margherita Pizza. 45 mins later we were still waiting. We had paid our baby sitter so we could go out for a romantic dinner. What a horrible experience!!
- Good Service/Food; it's a keeperIdaluciaVIPDined on 9/20/2014My Sea Bream was delicious, and the veal chops were very good, the gnocchi were mezza mezza! The service was excellent, however, I expected some special treatment since my family was celebrating my father's 88th birthday and I did leave a note for the restaurant when I made my Open Table Reservation. I was just a little disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our adult children recommended it.ArnieDined on 9/18/2014Food was good. Nothing great or memorable. Ambience was nice for a neighborhood restaurant. Noisier than I would have expected when the restaurant was not especially crowded. More expensive than I expected. Would say $$$. Service was OK, but some dishes were not hot. I sent mine back to be warmed. My wife did not because she was concerned it would be overcooked.
- Not very good..johnnybluesVIPDined on 9/6/2014Plain and simply there are much better place to eat in Nassau county.
- Always a pleasure !!!JeannetteDined on 8/11/2014Brought a friend here from manhattan to have their mussels and it was a hit as always. The Waiter Tony was amazing and our food was great. Had a table outside it was great. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A miss!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2014I love the ambiance and the food is not bad. However, I feel the service at a restaurant is just as important.. Our waiter was obnoxious.. Our meal came out burnt. When we brought it to his attention, his reply was that's how it's cooked. There are better places with good food and good service. Will not be going there again.Special Features:
- bigred1Dined on 7/2/2014We came to celebrate our anniversary and the food and service was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerWVIPDined on 7/1/2014Went for lunch, and at that time this is a perfect spot with great food and service. From prior experience at dinner time, while the food and service are still terrific, the noise level does go up considerably. Still, one of the, if not the best Italian restaurants in Rockville Centre.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Dodici Restaurant reviews archive.
- Happy ReturnJTAMBINI64Dined on 6/22/2014Have not dined here in over 13 years. Food was outstanding. My wife had an amazing chicken special and I had the Filet Mignon. Both dishes were to perfection. The service was attentive and the atmosphere here is great. I appreciate an Italian menu with many different choices and good depth like Dodici has. Definitely going back!!!!Special Features:
- Good ItalianRichDined on 6/16/2014Friends came in from Buffalo and we wanted to take them to a lively restaurant on a Monday night. We were not disappointed, food was good, $30 wine list great and our server accommodated our every need. Good place we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousyummyDined on 6/15/2014I have been coming to Dodici for over 10 years and the food is always amazing. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great spotjdg55Dined on 6/7/2014Highly recommended...food was prepared well and service was strong. Nice place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceJMR327Dined on 5/15/2014The food was superb, service was exceptional, great martinis. A bit pricier than I am used to but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it was 2 years agoBailyDined on 5/10/2014Decided to try Dodici after two years for a family birthday dinner. The food was okay but not as memorable as it had been in the past. The most annoying thing was the noise level. Very loud with large groups of people in the main dining area and the general acoustics of the place. We were placed at a table that required one person to sit in the traffic aisle. When seated we questioned this and were told by the hostess that it would be "fine" and that the staff would walk around. After 15 min. of being bumped into as the staff continued to try and get by and multiple "excuse me", we had to have our table moved with drinks etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014Excellent food and service. During restaurant week the portions remained huge!Special Features:
- Not the sameStanDined on 5/3/2014I have been dinning at Dodici for over 10 years and have always enjoyed all aspects of it. The entree portions are substantially smaller. It was more like a side dish than an main course. Disappointed .
- MegaDined on 5/1/2014Restaurant is has great atmosphere and food. Bar tender Jen is wonderful, personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but Too DarkMPSPMVIPDined on 4/29/2014would have given 5 Stars if it wasn't for the fact that it was very dark in the restaurant....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinnerAPICDined on 4/20/2014We frequently visit Dodici and always have had a great meal. I had the lamb chops this time which were good but the portion was small and it was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter JoyDianeDined on 4/20/2014We had a wondreful meal on Easter at this restaurant. It was great that the regular menu was available, and not a holiday pre-fixe menu with limited selections. The service was outstanding-very solicitous, very gracous.Special Features:
- food great, service notrockinrobinVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had an 8:30 PM reservation and we not seating till after 9. When I went to complain to the manager he did not really care and said he can't help it. He did not offer us a round of drinks or anything. Love the food here but very disappointed in his attitude.Special Features:
- awesomelivtoeatVIPDined on 3/16/2014Best kept secret on long island. the food is awesome , the staff fantastic and the wine creative. truly good home style cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!XIIFanDined on 3/15/2014Love Dodici! Never disappointed! A guilty pleasure to enjoy now and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Local SpotjceatsDined on 3/10/2014Nice Food, Nice service, a little noisy & a little on the pricey side but overall a very nice dinner experience. Would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014We had loved it so much the first time, we went there again. However, the second time around the service was mediocre and the food came out cold.Special Features:
- Never DiappointsMark4VIPDined on 2/15/2014Great food Great service Great host Large portions Great dinning experience.Special Features:
- Valentines DayShoeloverDined on 2/14/2014We have been to Dodici many times before and that is why we decided to go back there. Because it was Valentines Day the service was slower than normal. We were seated in front up against the window and every time the door opened we got a draft . The door did not close all the way which was fixed after we spoke to the manager. The table in back of us was extremey loud and the restaurant is not a noisy one. If not for that and the slower service the food was very good as well as the wine We would return since it is not normally like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, weak serviceDwiechDined on 2/14/2014I knew valentine's day would be busy... Waited quite a while for waiter to come over - so we ordered drinks, appetizer & entree at one time. Bread water and appetizer were timely. Had to ask for drinks a 2nd & then a 3rd time. Entrees came out in a reasonable time and we're quite good. Chicken scarpariello advertised as having sweet sausage but contained several very spicy pieces and several were beyond burnt. Water glasses were never refilled. Food was above average but service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealmunseyVIPDined on 1/28/2014WE do frequent Dodici because the food is always excellent and the service is friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Went for my boyfriend birthday.dawngDined on 1/27/2014Went for my boyfriend birthday. Food was amazing . We had a nice evening ,our waiter max was great and the manager Ken was very helpful and made us feel welcome. He even gave a nice birthday comp to us ! Thanks Ken we will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTED THIS TIMEHOWIEVIPDined on 1/25/2014I HAVE EATEN HERE MANY TIMES AND ITS USUALLY GREAT. HOWEVER, DESPITE HAVING AN INCREDIBLE WAITER THE FOOD CAME OUT WRONG & THE BUSBOYS SPILLED FOOD ALL OVER US WHEN THERE WAS NO REASON TO RUSH. THE MANAGER WAS HO-HUM ABOUT ITSpecial Features:
- Disappointing703jamesVIPDined on 1/13/2014The Pasta was great. The filet of Sole was over cooked, mushy
- Dodici never disappointsMerrowVIPDined on 1/11/2014The food and drink at Dodici are always excellent. I currently live in the City and will always eat at Dodici whenever I'm on Long Island because of it's authentic Italian feel. I have been to this restaurant numerous times and I have always had an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Great mealAnafromnyVIPDined on 1/1/2014I have never had a bad meal in this restaurant. The food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great on a snowy nightDCDinerVIPDined on 12/14/2013We found ourselves on an unplanned stay in Rockville Centre on a snowy December night and Dodici was on a list of hotel recommendations. It turned out to be perfect for a snowy winter's night. It has a very broad menu mixing standard Italian fare with some creative dishes, and everything we had was very well prepared (particular kudos for the most tender calamari I've had in years). A nice surprise was the wine list, which had a really nice selection at various price points. Aside from great service, which was attentive without being intrusive, it was very nice for the manager to stop by a couple of times. All of the staff was friendly and very welcoming. If I lived in the area, I'd become a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner out with my 86 yr old uncleJohnDined on 12/12/2013Me & my wife took out my uncle for his birthday & other special occasion. Everything was perfect, from the service, food, ambiance, etc. definitely cannot wait To go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grest neighborhood gembzb2Dined on 11/9/2013The food was very good. Innovative eggplant appetizer, excellent! Noise level energetic, but better on the ears if you sit towards the back of the restaurant. Service was excellent. Definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LI restaurant weekP558Dined on 11/9/2013There prices did not match the LI restaurant week fixed prices. You can also tell they didn't care about customers who were there for restaurant week.Special Features: