215 Foreside Road
Falmouth, ME 04015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thedocksidegrill.com/
- Phone: (207) 747-5274
- Hours of Operation:
Open year round, everyday starting at 11:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Breathtaking views, a comforting atmosphere and delicious food make The Dockside Grill the perfect place to hold a private function, rehearsal dinner, birthday party or corporate event. We have a variety of function rooms that can accommodate different party sizes.
A word from Dockside Grill
The Dockside Grill is located in the heart of Casco Bay at Handy Boat Marina. Opening in September of 2013, the Dockside Grill offers fresh, fun and flavorful New England fare with a modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dockside Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PickwickDined on 11/3/2014A perfect place for an informal business gathering. Very dependable.Special Features:
- hidden gemduzerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find this marina restaurant during our trip to Portland Maine. Food was 5 ★, excellent service and quiet atmosphere. Wonderful selection of both sea and land fare so much it was difficult to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We all enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. The upstairs dining room is quieter and more suited to conversations and savoring the ambience of the fine dining occasion than the more casual atmosphere of downstairs. Each level is great and suits a purpose, but as our visit this time was for a birthday celebration the upstairs experience was just what wwe wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Fabulous food!! But service was VERY slow and disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Dockside Grill reviews archive.
- very goodcathyDined on 5/23/2014It was a cool night so the doors to the patio area were closed which made for a very noisy dinner. The wait service was excellant as was the food.Special Features:
- great placeKlassyDiDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The food was exceptional and the presentation was well done. We wish we could have dined outside but the weather didnt cooperate. we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total RevampTurnbuckleDined on 5/11/2014The original Handy Boat restaurant has been completely made over into an upscale dining experience. Located close to Portland, Maine, but in a select, quiet neighborhood, the upstairs dining room commands an unparalleled view of neighboring yacht club activity. Excellent menu and service. make this restaurant well worth a visit. "Open Table" makes the details easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and OverpricedBabsieDined on 4/25/2014The first thing we noticed was the noise level, which is what seems to be the norm when the dining room is right on top of the bar. We were disappointed that even though there was a table by the window, we had to sit in the middle of the room because the table we requested was "reserved" for someone else. When the people who had "reserved" it arrived, the gentleman promptly sat with his back to the window so that he had a lovely view of the parking lot! Perhaps we should have called and requested a view, so we should not have used Open Table? But I love Open Table! Anyway, prices were high (possibly because of the view we couldn't have) and we were a bit disappointed. Fish was good. Haddock always is!Special Features:
- Superb!Arthur38Dined on 4/21/2014My dining companion and I were both very impressed. We ordered the hangar steak and the duck and both entrees were exquisite. You must try the cauliflower puree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Dining, Ocean View!PJNHDined on 4/20/2014After driving from NH, our party of four enjoyed a delightful mid-afternoon Easter Brunch at The Dockside Grill. This venue offers a beautiful view of the ocean and marina, and a welcoming jazz combo. Our reservation was in order, the server very courteous and attentive; the establishment appealingly decorated. The brunch included selections of soups, salads, and various light entrees. Our food was delicious especially the Seafood Chowder and Lobster Roll. Beverages included a nice selection of wines and some interesting cocktails ; we also sampled 3 desserts.....all excellent! We enjoyed a relaxing visit, plan on returning this summer, and highly recommend The Dockside Grill. Summertime Happy Hour specials from 4-6 PM are inviting!Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014In the area- found it on Open Table. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ Service and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014The waitress was top notch! Glasses were never empty and food came out faster than I thought could even be possible! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad you are back!Excellent8Dined on 3/22/2014Thank goodness you are back with quality food---for a while, immediately after the expensive renovation, the food was quite poor and not even worth going for the outstanding view and setting. We hesitated giving the restaurant a try again, but since you had a new name, we said, what the heck, give it a shot. We were pleasantly surprised. The fact that we can count on good food again is particularly enjoyable for the boaters of us, who love coming to the dock, filling up on water, fuel, etc, and maybe having a meal at what we always called "Handy Boat." So don't change a thing---ambience is perfect, food is excellent, please try to keep it that way!!!Special Features:
- Outstanding food, excellent server.FrequentFlyer99Dined on 3/15/2014Our dinners were amazing in creativity and preparation, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. An A+ for sure.Special Features:
- Beyond my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The renovations to this restaurant were beautifully done and the improvements to the menu far exceed my expectations! Gorgeous designs, amazing and creative food options and gorgeous views! Can't beat it! Give it a try! Especially for fish lovers. I had the scallops and I loved the stuffed chili pepper with mashed potatoes and cheese. My daughter had the salmon with gnocchi, my son had the tuna and raved about it, my husband had the hanger steak with sweet potato gratin and was very pleased. Thank you for your creative dishes! Refreshing! I will bring my clients!Special Features:
- Valentine's dateeastcoaststephDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I decided to go here for dinner when we were pondering where to go for our Valentine's Date. We hadn't been since it opened last fall and we loved everything about it. Food, drinks, service--all excellent. Look forward to going back in the daytime for the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPJFanDined on 2/14/2014Food was exceptionally great. Very friendly and helpful wait staff. Plus an unexpected surprise in the great musicians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a brunch on the DocksideShoePupsVIPDined on 1/26/2014Falmouth now has a wonderful Sunday Brunch option to help ease the winter-blues. Set on beautiful Casco Bay, Dockside Grill now offers Sunday Brunch along with live music. The scenery, food and sounds made for an outstanding experience. I would highly recommend trying greater-Portland's newest Sunday Morning opportunity....Dockside Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A snowy eveningpostshowDined on 1/25/2014The space is very attractive and offers comfortable distance around each table. Service was a bit slow in my opinion, but not all in the party agreed. The wine list was varied (bottles pricey by our standards), with wines by the glass at more typical prices. Bread, olives, oil - nicely done. The food was attractively presented from a good variety of choices. Each of us had a different fish dish: shrimp, haddock, salmon, scallops. Sides are extra, and two had salads - enjoyed. Each agreed that our meal was flavorful with one saying that the haddock was not as moist as might be desired, and another that the sauce under the bed of scallops challenged, not complimented, the flavor of the shellfish. Snowing - we skipped dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clients ImpressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2014I always bring clients here from out of state -- to enjoy the views and setting. it is very "Maine-like" experience -- a one of a kind place where the staff recognizes you and says "hello Lois"! The food is always unique for people from away -- and service very personal. As a real estate agent, we need this type of predicatable experience to impress our clients and likewise make them feel at home. Thanks again! LOISSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerIndoorGolferDined on 12/31/2013The four course dinner was fabulous! Three selection for each course. My wife and I each had a different selection and each pick was absolutely mouth watering. Very good wine offerings also. We might have to make this an annual event, although we will also frequent Dockside during the course of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improved from its' predecessorJanefrommaineVIPDined on 12/27/2013Much improved from its' predecessor. The chef is heavy on the seasoning, however and it overwhelms. Some overly complicated dishes. I had haddock( undercooked), risotto( too starchy), eggplant( ok, but not appealing looking in any way. ) Keep trying but curb the seasoning, veggies taste great with little help, meat too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location with hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2013This place could be great if the took a cleaner approach to food. Simple rustic cuisine not heavily sauced with fresh ingredients would make this a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- Music did not match the decorLocalDined on 12/21/2013Music did not match the decor and holiday mood for 3 couples sharing a night out. But food and service were very good so It was easy to overlook it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!ExodusDined on 11/22/2013Our first outing at Dockside Grill's upstairs dining area was a delight. The service was very good, and the ambiance was perfect for a quiet dinner with dear friends. Our appetizers and entrees were wonderfully prepared and presented. The wine list was well assembled for the menu offerings. Our server confidently guided one of our diners through menu options that did not contain anything in the onion family after conferring with the chef. We are looking forward to returning again, especially during daylight hours to take advantage of the ocean views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet great friends!danjonDined on 11/16/2013Loved the restaurant and so thrilled that it is so close by! Looking forward to the next opportunity to dine at Dockside again! Food wonderfully prepared and presented-delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good year round find on the watersportytravelerDined on 11/11/2013Very good, but not a "regular" spot at $26 entrees/ $100 tab with only 1.5 glasses of wine, 2 soup & 1 dessert.... Had excellent specials of the Hungarian mushroom vegetable soup & sesame encrusted halibut Partner enjoyed la carte chicken - (select 2 sides included - thought his choice of corn fritters did not complement the meal, & garlic smashed potatoes abundant. Loved my grilled cauliflower & the brussel sprouts). Excellent apple fruit tarte. Open nightly year round at Handy Boatyard on Rt 88 in Falmouth Foreside. Winter dining upstairs was a bit tricky to find from the lower parking area as 2nd floor door not marked (park in upper lot) Downstairs open in the summer with patio. Large separate private dining/meeting roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falmouth, ME Waterfront GemJOC7LOCDined on 11/4/2013If you're looking for a casual "fine dining" dinner experience, or just a chance to relax over lunch, or a place to meet friends for a drink, stop by Dockside Grill. Nothing will disappoint. The food is delicious and extraordinary. (Not many places serve duck and paella!) The service staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere during daylight is lovely looking over Falmouth harbor, but even at night, you can glimpse the ocean under the moon & stars. Worth a try. Might become one of your "go to" places!Special Features:
- comfortable experienceDivasDined on 10/29/2013I met two friends for dinner and we had great food and a fun waitress. We will add this to our list of places for our dinner get togethers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices were high for plateGoodEatsDined on 10/18/2013Prices were high for plate size but food was good. Very nice wait staff just a bit slow to take drink orders and such.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding outdoor diningHMFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2013Great experience (with new ownership) on the deck overlooking the water with firepit and outdoor heat. Great food and great wine list. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Nice Menu with great EnvironmentBeverlyDined on 10/3/2013"I love the location of this place right on the ocean. I definitely would return just for the atmosphere. Everyone felt that the food was much better than under prior management although 3 of the four dishes were not cooked properly. Two were under cooked and 1 over cooked. They did provide a free desert for one of the under cooked meals. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to a new old restaurantPipes1Dined on 9/28/2013An old favorite just got better due, in large part, to a broader and better menu. No eatery in the area has a more dramatic , more fun ambiance. The new owners should be proud.Special Features:
- Early DinnerGrazerVIPDined on 9/21/2013We had an early dinner at the Dockside Grill last Saturday. It was a beautiful Early Fall Day so the view was spectacular. This is the first time we've been here since they changed owners. We both had a salad to start. They were fresh and delicious. We liked the lemon vinegrette. I had the 2 lbs. steamed lobster with asparagus and grilled califlower steak. I really enjoyed everything. My husband had the filet with mashed potatoes and fried onions. We both cleaned our plates!!! We go out to eat often and the greater Portland area has a lot of good restaurants to chose from. I have to say that this is quickly becoming my favorite. My only negative issue was that it was very loud. Once they open the upstairs this will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit hard to figure out whereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2013A bit hard to figure out where one's supposed to enter with the "open' sign opointing the "wrong" waySpecial Features:
- We went earlier than usualComfortjoyDined on 6/7/2013We went earlier than usual and were rewarded witha lovely quiet table by the window to enjoy the great view. We had a light meal of a mixed green salad, shrimp, and crab cakes. Nothing unusual but very good- exactly what we were hoping for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most things are good aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2013Most things are good about this restaurant, however, the menu is too pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Falmouth SeaComfortjoyDined on 5/14/2013We enjoyed the Falmouth Sea Grill for its wonderful views of Casco Bay, pleasant service and good food. Unfortunately, the night we were there there were several large very noisy groups. What can one do? It did negatively impact our experience. Hoping it was just an odd night, we will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flowers on the table?5forlunchDined on 5/12/2013We dined there for a lunch for Mothers Day. Overall it was a good experience. The only suggestion I have would to have put some fresh flowers on the tables for the occasion. I was expecting something colorful and fresh to brighten the day, and surprised that there weren't any. I'm not suggesting a giant display but a simple low vase with local wild flowers would have been pretty and a nice gesture for mothers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerat location & view of Casco Bay!DanD1Dined on 5/12/2013This restaurant is located at a marina on Casco Bay, in Falmouth. The views are fantastic! The restaurant is on two levels. There is an elevator and is handicap accessable. The ground level has a bar and more casual dining. The upstairs has the main dining room with excellent views of the bay. It's very comfortable. The food is very good. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Other diners in my party enjoyed the lobster roll and flounder. All of the seafood is very fresh. For non-seafood lovers, there are chicken, pork and beef entrees.Special Features: