501 Columbia St. NW #B
Olympia, WA 98501Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.docksidebistro.com/
- Phone: (360) 956-1928
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Laurie Nguyen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dockside Bistro & Wine Bar is available for private parties, featuring unique and specially designed menus to meet the needs of your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Nguyen 3609561928
- Entertainment: Dockside Bistro, with our focus on jazz, periodically hosts premier local and regional jazz and blues performers. Please visit the Events Page at our website at www.docksidebistro.com for upcoming music events.
A word from Dockside Bistro
Dockside Bistro & Wine Bar, established in 2007, focuses on locally sourced produce, seafood and game with the intent to provide a vibrant culinary experience to the diner. Chef Laurie Nguyen brings the culinary traditions of her native Vietnam to bear on traditional Continental and Northwest cuisine to create exciting and unique culinary creations. We take particular pride in featuring daily fresh and ever changing seasonal appetizers and entrees. In addition to top-shelf mixed drinks, Dockside Bistro also has an extensive list of over 130 different wines from the Pacific Northwest, California, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. As with our locally sourced produce, we take particular pride in hosting established and emerging wineries from the exciting wine scene developing in South Puget Sound. Please join us for an exceptional dining experience in our warm, waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dockside Bistro - Best Restaurants in Olympia ›
Dockside Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (53)fit for foodies (50)special occasion (49)romantic (49)notable wine list (37)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (13)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Loved it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014This is our new favorite in Olympia!!! My husband had the duck and I had the elk they were both delicious. The calimari starter was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy diningOlygirlDined on 11/21/2014Celebrating with friends for a birthday, we were greeted warmly after escaping from the blustery rainy night. Bar was great to hang out and wait for others to arrive. Delicious cocktails. Wine steward looked so young but steered us in the right direction. I had lamb rack which was spectacular, perfectly cooked. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Had not been there in a while and now plan on returning again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional food, service, & experience!Lizzle36Dined on 11/20/2014We dined here for a birthday dinner. The food and service made for a perfect experience! On point with everything. Thanks for the birthday card & desert to top it all! Thank you for making our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceBonAppetitDined on 11/16/2014We celebrated my 58th birthday here . I was looking for a non chain type restaurant and was very pleased to have dined here. It was so cold the server recommended this Earl Gray tea with grand Marnya (sorry for missplell). It was so smooth and just warmed you right up. I enjoyed the chefs signature dish which was the duck. It was so properly seasoned and prepared perfectly. The vegetables were aldente as I prefer. For the appetizer we had the crab artichoke dip which was a masterpiece. The only suggestion for improvement would be the blueberry cobbler came out dry and the portion was slim. I enjoyed the the ice cream on top though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu & well preparedClarkDDined on 11/8/2014Although we do not live close by, when we are near Olympia, we like to visit Dockside Bistro. The menu shows lots of creativity and the meals are well prepared. The wine list also reflects creativity and has interesting selections to make nice pairings. We keep this place on the short list of restaurants to visit in the South Puget Sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAnjiVIPDined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed the evening with friends very much. Our waitress was very helpful and flexible with a order change. Would go back the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- LibbyDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful evening starting with perfect window seating, lovely menu, great staff, a low light environment, beautiful table setting, food proportions are just right and not overwhelming, great food presentation................. we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014It was a special girlfriend lunch. From the moment we entered we were made to feel "special " by the wait staff. He recommended food and very personable. The food was excellent both in taste and presentation. We spent 3 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dockside BistroseafooddinerDined on 10/19/2014This small Olympia gem always has great food and a very nice wine list. We dined with friends and really enjoyed the duck, scallops and halibut. The appetizers and salads were sizeable and perfect for sharing, so we all were able to taste everything we ordered. It was modestly busy on a Sunday night with a large group dining in the back room but the noise level wasn't distracting. Our service was prompt and spot on without being over the top. We'll all dine there again.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOlypkdavDined on 10/18/2014We took our daughter and her husband for her birthday, and we each had something different from the menu--squash ravioli, salmon, duck, and sea scallops. Portions were small, but very delicious. Service was good. We had dessert as well--the creme brulee was wonderful. They have a very long wine list, for wine aficionados.Special Features:
- Foodies glad to be thereEatingOutagainDined on 10/18/2014Sunday night too busy for good service. wait staff warm friendly and unable to manage-ordered rice,never came. Wait staff forgot.Waiting for friend, wait staff walked by our table. I had to call to my friend who was embarrassed by walking by me. I askSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyDined on 10/17/2014Dockside Bistro is wonderful. The food is delicious and always consistently good. The service is outstanding. Friendly, helpful, always willing to talk to the chef to deviate from menu to make something you want. Try the pistaschio encrusted halibut with gnocci--cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Wonderful FindCasualDinerInOlyDined on 10/16/2014Don't know why it took us so long to find this gem. Nice quiet place, with great service and wonderful food choices.Special Features:
- Surprise!SupriseDineDined on 10/15/2014We went for the first time for Bosses Day and was pleasantly surprised by not only the atmosphere but our server was great and the food delicious! The other surprise was the place was empty! It will be a new spot we will frequent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop by and check it out...FoodieDined on 10/14/2014Overall the food was good. I should have asked about the "seafood martini" before ordering. I was expecting ceviche, but instead got a martini glass filled with assorted seafood swimming in a very hot cream sauce. It tasted like it would go well over pasta. Anyway, I moved on to some tasty razor clams and the Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese salad -- which was good and the thick slice of cheese was the best part. Having just had cheese, I should have taken that into account before ordering the pear gorgonzola ravioli. Wow, was it rich. But the ravioli was very good and anything with blue cheese gets my vote. I had a better experience than my last visit. Oh, and the server was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014wonderful food and service for our special anniversary dinner. they even had a very nice card signed by the staff. thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfoodieDined on 10/10/2014Food is very fresh local and seasonal. This is the fifth time I've been here and have never had food that is less than amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal and wineWine2cheeseDined on 10/8/2014This restaurant was exceptional. From the wait service to the food and wine, everything was wonderful. The wine list was very good and wine we selected was excellent. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the food and window view while dining. Would return here when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awesome ServicefoodieDined on 9/24/2014My first time at this restaurant. The Elk carpaccio was incredible, as was the Elk Duet. While the food was great, the entire staff was even better. From the time I walked in until I left, they made sure that I was well taken care of and that I mattered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!MarcelinaDined on 9/24/2014Our party of 3 sat at a window table, with a nice view of the marina and boardwalk. The service was excellent. When I couldn't decide on a wine our server let me sample a couple of varieties. She made excellent recommendations. We each tried something different; duck, elk and halibut. Each was cooked to perfection. The crab chowder is always excellent! We were able to take our time with our meal without feeling rushed. As a side note, the women's restroom is one of the nicest I've ever been in. I love everything about this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great Intimate DiningBryDar13Dined on 9/23/2014First time there, wonderful food, nice environment. We will definitely be back again.. We had lunch, want to come for dinner sometime. Really fresh food, nice menu, service was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AmandaLSDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful food and service. Perfect place to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!NewdaynewbeginningsDined on 9/19/2014The food was very very tasty and the staff was really helpful with the menu without judgement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mealbcolwelDined on 9/16/2014Have eaten at Dockside several times since the converted to a full service restaurant and have aways found it of good quality. Last Tuesday I took 2 friends to dinner there, expecting the usual professional standard food. I and one friend ordered the sea scallop entree, the a steak. The appetizer, salad and dessert were as expected. The scallops were sauteed, nicely browned, and RAW inside. It was obvious that the chef? didn't know how to prepare a basic dish such as sauteed scallops or didn't check their doneness before serving. I sent most of mine back with a complaint-with no reaction from the kitchen or our server.
- Hidden gem of Olympia!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Had the Pear Gorgonzola Ravioli. Amazing!! Excellent service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchNinjafoodDined on 9/12/2014This is a place that my wife and I regular. The food is outstanding and the wait staff is phenominal (as always). We hade the Calamari and dungeness crab dip as appetizers. My wife have the Lamb rack and I have my all time favorite, The Elk Duet. I will continue to recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowSuzieQDined on 9/10/2014We had reservations, were promptly seated and had our orders in, drinks served probably within 15 minutes. Cut to an hour and 15 minutes later and we still did not have our food, our drinks were empty and other tables around us were getting served, eating and then leaving. After an hour and a half, our food finally arrived, the waitress offered no apology of any kind for the wait. The others in my party had fish and they said it was good - definitely not great. My butternut squash ravioli was overcooked - almost as if it was sitting under a heat lamp for an hour. I could hardly chew it. I know others have had a good experience, but I would certainly never recommend this place. If the waitress been more apologetic it would have helped some.
- A little disappointedSeniorDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful setting and pleasant service. The starters were very good, but the entree (halibut) was rather dry and not particularly tasty. We had a creme breulet for dessert and were not impressed with it. Very pricey.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/6/2014The view.. Awesome!!! The ocean almost at your feet. The service great! Make sure to make a reservation especially if you want an oceanview table and even then they will make you wait anyway. The good very good, we had the kale salad with salmon-delish, appetizer shellfish yumm!! Saw some sliders go by, looked yummy too. I also like the bar area.. Cozy. Had trouble with desert though.. Not a great selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dockside BistroAndyDined on 9/2/2014An amazing lunch at Dockside Bistro...the fish tacos are to die for. Service was professional, efficient and friendly. Ambience was warm and inviting and, of course, the view never lets us down. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food choicesMCarsDined on 8/22/2014Good selection and Great wait staff! Our dinner was served cold and undercooked. Would still recommend going...Special Features:
- Lovely place for great foodPriorygirlDined on 8/21/2014Dockside is a lovely place with an elegant ambiance and great food. The filet was beautifully cooked and the appetizers amazing--artful and delicious. This place is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dockside BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time having lunch this past Saturday and our server was excellent. It was nice and quiet, the cocktails and wine was great. We will be back for another special occasion soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- Very impressedCornfedDined on 8/15/2014The food was astounding! Great healthy choices with the taste to back it up! Strongly recommend dockside bistro to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Unique menu, fabulous food, and terrifice service!Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal!MCSB28117Dined on 8/9/2014We tried this restaurant based on positive recommendations on Open Table - we were not disappointed! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We had a wonderful bottle of wine (Oregon pinot noir), the bread and dipping oil were amazing and the filet mignon was delicious, with a very flavorful sauce. My husband had the seafood chowder and sea scallops, both of which he really enjoyed. At first the shades were down to block the setting sun, but once the shades were up we enjoyed a nice view of the harbor. The restaurant definitely has a cozy, comfortable feel - nice enough for a special event, but also relaxed enough that we didn't feel out of place in our casual clothes. If we are ever back in Olympia, we will definitely go again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have been there twice now, and both times the food was way better than average nice resturant. I will make this one of my first choice resturants.Special Features:
- katbob62Dined on 8/7/2014As always Dockside delivers. Food is fantastic & service perfect!!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNickDined on 8/7/2014Stopped in for lunch after some business meetings. Made a reservation as a precaution but it wasn't really needed. Very enjoyable meal, had a large bowl of clam chowder and some pan-fried halibut on tacos. Friendly service.