501 Columbia St. NW #B
Olympia, WA 98501Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.docksidebistro.com/
- Phone: 3609561928
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Laurie Nguyen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Dockside Bistro & Wine Bar is available for private parties, featuring unique and specially designed menus to meet the needs of your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Nguyen 3609561928
- Entertainment: Dockside Bistro, with our focus on jazz, periodically hosts premier local and regional jazz and blues performers. Please visit the Events Page at our website at www.docksidebistro.com for upcoming music events.
A word from Dockside Bistro
Dockside Bistro & Wine Bar, established in 2007, focuses on locally sourced produce, seafood and game with the intent to provide a vibrant culinary experience to the diner. Chef Laurie Nguyen brings the culinary traditions of her native Vietnam to bear on traditional Continental and Northwest cuisine to create exciting and unique culinary creations. We take particular pride in featuring daily fresh and ever changing seasonal appetizers and entrees. In addition to top-shelf mixed drinks, Dockside Bistro also has an extensive list of over 130 different wines from the Pacific Northwest, California, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. As with our locally sourced produce, we take particular pride in hosting established and emerging wineries from the exciting wine scene developing in South Puget Sound. Please join us for an exceptional dining experience in our warm, waterfront setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dockside Bistro - Best Restaurants in Olympia ›
Dockside Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (44)romantic (41)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (8)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the food and window view while dining. Would return here when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awesome ServicefoodieDined on 9/24/2014My first time at this restaurant. The Elk carpaccio was incredible, as was the Elk Duet. While the food was great, the entire staff was even better. From the time I walked in until I left, they made sure that I was well taken care of and that I mattered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!MarcelinaDined on 9/24/2014Our party of 3 sat at a window table, with a nice view of the marina and boardwalk. The service was excellent. When I couldn't decide on a wine our server let me sample a couple of varieties. She made excellent recommendations. We each tried something different; duck, elk and halibut. Each was cooked to perfection. The crab chowder is always excellent! We were able to take our time with our meal without feeling rushed. As a side note, the women's restroom is one of the nicest I've ever been in. I love everything about this restaurant!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Wonderful food and service. Perfect place to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!NewdaynewbeginningsDined on 9/19/2014The food was very very tasty and the staff was really helpful with the menu without judgement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mealbcolwelDined on 9/16/2014Have eaten at Dockside several times since the converted to a full service restaurant and have aways found it of good quality. Last Tuesday I took 2 friends to dinner there, expecting the usual professional standard food. I and one friend ordered the sea scallop entree, the a steak. The appetizer, salad and dessert were as expected. The scallops were sauteed, nicely browned, and RAW inside. It was obvious that the chef? didn't know how to prepare a basic dish such as sauteed scallops or didn't check their doneness before serving. I sent most of mine back with a complaint-with no reaction from the kitchen or our server.
- Hidden gem of Olympia!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Had the Pear Gorgonzola Ravioli. Amazing!! Excellent service. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchNinjafoodDined on 9/12/2014This is a place that my wife and I regular. The food is outstanding and the wait staff is phenominal (as always). We hade the Calamari and dungeness crab dip as appetizers. My wife have the Lamb rack and I have my all time favorite, The Elk Duet. I will continue to recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowSuzieQDined on 9/10/2014We had reservations, were promptly seated and had our orders in, drinks served probably within 15 minutes. Cut to an hour and 15 minutes later and we still did not have our food, our drinks were empty and other tables around us were getting served, eating and then leaving. After an hour and a half, our food finally arrived, the waitress offered no apology of any kind for the wait. The others in my party had fish and they said it was good - definitely not great. My butternut squash ravioli was overcooked - almost as if it was sitting under a heat lamp for an hour. I could hardly chew it. I know others have had a good experience, but I would certainly never recommend this place. If the waitress been more apologetic it would have helped some.
- A little disappointedSeniorDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful setting and pleasant service. The starters were very good, but the entree (halibut) was rather dry and not particularly tasty. We had a creme breulet for dessert and were not impressed with it. Very pricey.Special Features:
- LovechocolateVIPDined on 9/6/2014The view.. Awesome!!! The ocean almost at your feet. The service great! Make sure to make a reservation especially if you want an oceanview table and even then they will make you wait anyway. The good very good, we had the kale salad with salmon-delish, appetizer shellfish yumm!! Saw some sliders go by, looked yummy too. I also like the bar area.. Cozy. Had trouble with desert though.. Not a great selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dockside BistroAndyDined on 9/2/2014An amazing lunch at Dockside Bistro...the fish tacos are to die for. Service was professional, efficient and friendly. Ambience was warm and inviting and, of course, the view never lets us down. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food choicesMCarsDined on 8/22/2014Good selection and Great wait staff! Our dinner was served cold and undercooked. Would still recommend going...Special Features:
- Lovely place for great foodPriorygirlDined on 8/21/2014Dockside is a lovely place with an elegant ambiance and great food. The filet was beautifully cooked and the appetizers amazing--artful and delicious. This place is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dockside BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful time having lunch this past Saturday and our server was excellent. It was nice and quiet, the cocktails and wine was great. We will be back for another special occasion soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- Very impressedCornfedDined on 8/15/2014The food was astounding! Great healthy choices with the taste to back it up! Strongly recommend dockside bistro to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Unique menu, fabulous food, and terrifice service!Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal!MCSB28117Dined on 8/9/2014We tried this restaurant based on positive recommendations on Open Table - we were not disappointed! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We had a wonderful bottle of wine (Oregon pinot noir), the bread and dipping oil were amazing and the filet mignon was delicious, with a very flavorful sauce. My husband had the seafood chowder and sea scallops, both of which he really enjoyed. At first the shades were down to block the setting sun, but once the shades were up we enjoyed a nice view of the harbor. The restaurant definitely has a cozy, comfortable feel - nice enough for a special event, but also relaxed enough that we didn't feel out of place in our casual clothes. If we are ever back in Olympia, we will definitely go again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have been there twice now, and both times the food was way better than average nice resturant. I will make this one of my first choice resturants.Special Features:
- katbob62Dined on 8/7/2014As always Dockside delivers. Food is fantastic & service perfect!!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseNickDined on 8/7/2014Stopped in for lunch after some business meetings. Made a reservation as a precaution but it wasn't really needed. Very enjoyable meal, had a large bowl of clam chowder and some pan-fried halibut on tacos. Friendly service.
- Lovely dinnerolyfoodiesDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent. They needed another waitress as ours was managing a very busy restaurant and no one could have kept up.Special Features:
- chuckDined on 7/20/2014We now go at least once a month. It is that good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chef & locally-sourced itemsjmc1Dined on 7/18/2014Superb soup and salad and bread to start. Excellent albacore from Washington State, prepared medium-rare as we requested, and served with noodles and lovely broth. First-rate!Special Features:
- Excellent ambiancedp08161950Dined on 7/17/2014Special event for my wife. The staff was exceptional, the elk was superb, the view was breathtaking, the wine selection was great and the experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luncholynewbiefoodieDined on 7/16/2014We were a party of two and opted to sit inside for lunch only because alcoholic beverages are not allowed at the outside seating and we wanted a glass of wine with our lunch. We opted for the special; oyster tacos and halibut tacos. The halibut was good, under seasoned though, as were the condiments that came with. I would go back for dinner, not having eaten here before, to choose from a more extensive dinner menu and its options. There were only a few other tables filled during the time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodYummyfoodDined on 7/11/2014Stop into this unassuming treasure for a delectable dining experience. Utilizing the freshest ingredients and unique Northwest meats and fish the chef always amazes and leaves my mouth happy. I have not had a dish I did not enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in OlympiaOkeedokeDined on 7/3/2014We always look forward to eating at Dockside! It's absolutely our very favorite in Olympia, and its food, staff and ambiance are above reproach. We trust the wait staff to recommend the best wine pairing with our dinners and we're never disappointed. Also, the view on the Percival Cove and marina are literally stunning. Why would you eat at a chain restaurant when you have this gem in Olympia? We love Dockside!Special Features:
- TomDavisDined on 7/1/2014Exellent food. Consistently creative and well presented. Always pleasant to take a walk on the boardwak and look at the boats, afterwards. We take all our out-of-town guests there. Made reservations for my wife's birthday and there was a card on the table when we arrived- classy touch - and no tacky birthday singing. Would have liked to take advantage of the flowers option, but put my same day order was too late to honor (my bad). A bit pricey, but, in this case, you get what you pay for. NOTE: If you're a cheap tipper (less than 20%) please dine somewhere else, as this place is a neighborhood gem I would hate to see change.Special Features:
- A gem in OlympiaRickraffDined on 6/25/2014Dockside Bistro scores on all counts: great food, varied and uncommon options, terrific service, excellent wines, and nice ambiance. It inches up toward pricey, but not too badly, and let's face it -- you get what you pay for. And at the Bistro, you truly get a memorable and terrific meal for your dollars. One tip: in ordering how you'd like your meat cooked, err on the more-cooked side. My duck, which I requested medium rare, seemed more like rare (which I'd prefer to overcooked, so it was still good); I suspect medium would have been what I consider medium rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionmurphDined on 6/19/2014We had a wonderful evening of dining at Dockside Bistro. This is a great place for a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary. Food was perfect, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- A Local GemFoxyDined on 6/15/2014Although Olympia is not long in the excellent department, we think this is one of the best in town. We had dinner there on Father's Day and, although it was early in the evening, the restaurant was very busy which made for the service being a bit slow. That said, the food was worth waiting for. One of our party had a elk, prepared in two ways and was thoroughly enjoyable. Wine recommended by our server was a hit! This was our third visit to Dockside Bistro and they have not failed to provide a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificEatWellBeWellDined on 6/13/2014Celebrated a special occasion and could not be happier with the selection. With six of us in the party, each of us enjoyed our meals. The food was original, well-prepared and beautifully presented. While the food was serious, the mood was light and comfortable. Our server was delightful. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely..OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2014This was my second visit to Dockside...it didn't disappoint. The ambiance is great and the view of the water outstanding. I only have a couple very minor notes of desired improvement. I never saw a hostess, and we waited about 5 minutes for someone to acknowledge us at the front desk. For a busy restaurant on a Friday night, there should be a hostess. Second, the menu, while lovely, is a bit limited and hasn't changed at all since my last visit six months ago. And finally, while I enjoyed my wine by the glass, I wish there was a bit more to choose from. But again, all in all, the food, service and ambiance were excellent and I definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for anniversary mealMickyBDined on 6/8/2014Lovely experience from start to finish. Seated immediately with choice of booth or window seat. Service was friendly and professional. Food was divine; my greens and goat cheese salad was combination of sweet and tart; partner's wild mushroom soup was earthy and smooth. My lamb was perfect as was partner's sea scallops. Hurray for Spanish Cava! Finished meal with coffee and shared fight over the last bite crème brulee. Pianist provided soothing background music that added to overall appeal of experience.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchJohnVIPDined on 6/6/2014After flying into Seattle and driving towards Willamette Valley wine country, this bistro was a perfect stop to have lunch and begin to relax. You have a view of the dock area and into a bay - very picturesque. The wine list was extensive and had delicious local wines (OR and WA) by the glass. We both had their crab soup special and a fish entree. Both the soup and the fish were excellent. We recommend the Dockside Bistro to anyone in the Olympia WA area.Special Features:
- The following 278 reviews are from the Dockside Bistro reviews archive.
- Charming on the waterGoodtimeBPVIPDined on 5/18/2014We arrived at sunset with a lovely view along the dock and a pianist while we were seated. The house specialty drinks were super and we both had wonderful fresh oyster appetizers and the two fresh fish specials of the day were creatively prepared by the chef and were incredible. The wine list was wonderful we chose a dry Riesling and the fresh huckleberry and blueberry dessert was a finish to a delightful meal. We look forward to coming back to this charming intimate restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary RhapsodytotalcolourDined on 5/18/2014Our favourite place for an anniversary - fabulous food, great wine and excellent staff. The food really is exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good the 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Revisited this gem Sunday. Just as good as when we last visited in September. We are from Indiana and this gem will continue to be a must do!! Great food surprises; wonderful service and the keyboard player adds just the right touch.Special Features:
- Great FoodLSL4everDined on 5/17/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. I will definitely come back. Their Halibut taste wonderful, it was cooked beautifully with a perfect sear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.