Dock's Oyster House
2405 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Dock's Oyster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.docksoysterhouse.com/
- Phone: 6093450092
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dock's Oyster House has two small semi-private rooms for parties of 6-10 guests. The dining room can be reserved for larger parties. The entire restaurant can also be booked.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Dougherty 6093450092
- Entertainment: Piano Bar
A word from Dock's Oyster House
Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Also offering a full bar, piano bar, and free parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Dock's Oyster House - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Dock's Oyster House reviews from OpenTable diners
521 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (324)fit for foodies (276)neighborhood gem (260)romantic (121)good for groups (114)hot spot (110)notable wine list (87)vibrant bar scene (62)great for lunch (23)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (13)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Dock's continues to be a favorite restaurant: noted for its seafood and luscious sides as well as a great raw bar, the restaurant even explains the sites of its oysters. The service is timely and professional and the food is always delicious. What a gem in Atlantic City!Special Features:
- TishasDined on 9/26/2014Was great out waitress was superb...food was fresh and delicious. ..close to boardwalk hall so before the show we were able to have dinner and drinks overall a great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTomsRiverDined on 9/25/2014We have been here several times, never had any complaints. Food and service are outstanding. Must try the tower will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Must tryAmyTDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful Service and Food. Definitely recommended their clam chowder, it was delicious and fresh. Banana Pie for dessert was outstanding. Note: may need a wheelbarrow to take you home.Special Features:
- Great bar food seafoodstatuskDined on 9/22/2014Old time bar with great food. Lots of history. Bartender made some great traditional drinks and some creative cocktails. Piano player early evening was a nice touch. Classic seafood fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoneyDined on 9/21/2014Very pleased with food, food presentation and service. Deserts also exceptional especially Lemon Meringue PieSpecial Features:
- Fresh seafoodDCFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I was very pleased with the seafood, especially the oysters on the 1/2 shell--worth ordering the dozen! The variety of oysters were extensive and delicious! Also the staff were especially helpful/attentive. Sadly I didn't catch his name, he wore glasses and worked on clearing tables & refilling water cups in the back (I dined on 9/20, 9:30pm). My water glass was never empty!Special Features:
- Food was amazing. Love Dock'sLuvdocksDined on 9/20/2014Our waitress Amy was excellent. Food is amazing. We were here last year and returned again this year. Valet service is wonderful. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONGaleWDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful seafood, atmosphere and service!!! Even the parking attendant that the restaurant has next door was so courteous! Recommend for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placememeDined on 9/20/2014Went here after visiting the Knife and Fork owned by them. That was good, this was great. Food was above expectations. Everything was excellent. Generous protion. Help was very accomodating and pleasant. Even the parking attentand was pleasant. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- Dock's Oyster House Excellent!PhilDined on 9/19/2014We have the opportunity to dine at Dock's Oyster House for my wife's birthday after attempting to get a reservation during the summer, which was next to impossible. I can now see why! The service at Dock's was impeccable...thanks to our server, Will. A sampling of oysters that Will chose for Carol were wonderful. Every aspect of our meal (even and especially my Cowboy Steak - unusual for a seafood restaurant) were over and above delicious. We are looking forward to going back to Dock's again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real dining experience!luv2dineDined on 9/19/2014I celebrated my bday on Sept 19 by going to Dock's for the first time. Several people recommended it, and they were right. Dock's has excellence service and quality food. The oysters were some of the best I've ever had. The shrimp cerviche was outstanding and my rack of lamb was perfectly prepared. I'll go again but I won't wait until my bday next year! Thanks for a true fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!GabbyDined on 9/18/2014We try to dine at Dock's every time we are in Atlantic City. It's been years since our first experience. From the first to this past one, each visit only exceeds the previous one! As soon as you open the door you hear the fabulously talented piano player serenading the clientele. Starts my toes tapping ;)! The hostess is ALWAYS welcoming, and the wait staff is ALWAYS on it's toes. Great service, with the offering of dining suggestions along with explanations on the preparation of the food. Oh yeah... and then the FOOD!!!! I can't even begin to describe.... you MUST go and try it for yourselves. Words just wouldn't do any of the selections justice. My mouth is already watering with anticipation for our next adventure. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missAnneDined on 9/15/2014We were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation which was at 7:30 on a Monday night. All the tables were full and the noise level was high. I ordered one of the specials salmon over risotto, the salmon was overlooked as was the risotto. My dining companion had the scallops which he enjoyed. We've dined here several times and sorry to say this was not our best evening......but desert was very good, lemon merengue pie.Special Features:
- The reason for over 100 years!RobineggDined on 9/15/2014I am sorry I waited so long to try this place. I will go back. Live piano music. Great food and wonderful service, the perfect place to go for a nice evening.Special Features:
- Better and BetterhappyeaterDined on 9/15/2014Every visit exceeds the memory of past visits. Delicious fried tomato & goat cheese app; outstanding/best fried shrimp ever; succulent pan roasted fluke; decadent lemon meringue pie. Impeccable service from Will, an enjoyable conversationalist; he even showed us photos.Special Features:
- The best meal in townLoloDined on 9/14/2014Our favorite waiter is Will Best service and attention to ones table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BethDined on 9/14/2014This place is fabulous!!! Not only the best place in AC but maybe the best place in NJ!!Special Features:
- MackieDined on 9/13/2014While the ambiance and food make me want to keep returning to Dock's, the service makes me want to stay away forever. The last 2 times we arrived with a 7:00 pm reservation we were forced to stand in the crowded lobby for 45 minutes waiting for a table. Arrivals that appeared to be regulars seemed to get seated without the wait. Once seated the service was fine, but they obviously overbook.Special Features:
- Good Food..A Bit PriceyAnne65njDined on 9/13/2014We chose Dock's from someone's recommendation; it was very convenient making reservations online. We were seated and waited on in a very timely manner. Our server was outstanding and friendly; although the food was very good, I think the prices are a bit high. Because it's not very big and tables are fairly close together, the noise level was a "energetic." In saying this, we would definitely eat there again and would recommend it to friends/family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 9/12/2014Food is great.........service is great.......what more one can say........keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old guard with casual eleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Hubs and I to A.C. to see Steely Dan in concert for his birthday. Rating for Docks was excellent and didn't disappoint. The service was excellent from the bar where we ordered a glass of wine, to the hostess who took us to our table, to the server who was knowledgeable and attentive. The food was very good and the creme brûlée for dessert was outstanding. It was a real treat and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- IncredibleJillandMikeDined on 9/12/2014Cucumber martini is the best. Oysters fabulous. Flounder Francaise great. The best meal. Second visit to Doc's and can't wait for the next.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMargieDDined on 9/11/2014We make it a point to eat at Doc's whenever we are in AC. You cannot beat the quality of the food and the service. The fresh oysters were outstanding! I chose the special salmon over risotto and was more than pleased. Don't overlook this AC gem, but make sure you have reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dock'sGPSPDined on 9/11/2014Food and service were excellent. No mention was made regarding our anniversary--we made a note on our initial reservation. Also, no bathroom on first floor--walk up.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableFinedinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014All of the fish dishes we ordered were outstanding and the seafood was delicious.Special Features:
- ShorethingShorethingDined on 9/10/2014Food is always wonderful & Michael our waiter was friendly, inviting, & funny. Dessert, key lime pie, was the best that I've ever had. Martinis were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!flashDined on 9/9/2014Away from all the casinos! This place was great. The food was outstanding and the service was very good. If I had one complaint about the place, it would be that the tables were too close to each other; you felt cramped. But, the quality and flavor of the food made up for it!Special Features:
- MantolokingVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food and service never vary from excellent. When they have king crab it is all that more amazingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014food was delicious and service is outstanding delicious dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foody4lifeDined on 9/7/2014The food is fabulous! The service was good and the ambiance is very nice. Our only complaint is that it was freezing and the vent for the air conditioning was dripping down our backs.Special Features:
- Worth the waitWhit0309Dined on 9/6/2014We were so pleased to have the chance to dine at Docks. We made our reservation 3 days in advance and still could only get a 9pm time slot. When we arrived we had to wait another hour before our table was ready. HOWEVER... it was TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!!! The food was incredible! The atmosphere was energetic but it still had a very intimate feel. Aside from the very attentive, tall and handsome bartender that was friendly and welcoming, the other bartender, our server, and the food runners were not overly friendly. But there was still definitely a family-owned business vibe that made me love the place even more. The food was WAY BETTER quality AND price than any of those commercialized restaurants in AC. So, So, So good!Special Features:
- ExcellentTigerDined on 9/6/2014The place is a little small and cramped, but the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- YUM !!!!ACLocal15Dined on 9/6/2014Dock's continues to be the heart and soul of Atlantic City's restaurant scene. Their varied menu of soups, oysters, lobsters, fish, meat o rchicken dishes to home made desserts will surely wet your appetite. Whether you are a local , a first time visitor, a shoobie or a repeat tourist , Dock's won't let you down. Reservations are honored and free parking too !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Did not start well-we were not seated till 30-35 minutes after the reservation time and the waiting/bar area was highly congested. Food was totally mediocre-ordered a grilled shrimp--what could be simpler? It arrived in a gloppy sauce which was awful. The tuna tartare was bland and insipid. Our guests seemed to be mildly ok with their food. I don't plan on returning after being a customer for several years. Needs a new chef.
- consistently deliciousselsamDined on 9/5/2014From the menu selections, to the wait staff, to the really good food, this is our go to place when visiting Atlantic City. This Atlantic City icon should be frequented for an outstanding 'shore' dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in acJerseygirlDined on 9/4/2014Where to start. Wonderful oyster sampler platter. So fresh and Delish. I love the horseradish and oyster crackers they put on the table. For dinner I had the lobster which was great and my boyfriend had the king crab leg special. We had a few glasses of white wine which were priced reasonable at 10 dollars. We also enjoyed our soup that which we split which was a corn chowder in a mild jalapeño crime. And don't leave without trying the cheesecake dessert!!Special Features:
- pastamomDined on 9/4/2014Excellent food and service.would recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not missLuv2eatDined on 9/4/2014Everything is simply awesome from the service to the food. This is must stop while in Atlantic City. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always consistently outstanding! Everyone ordered a different appetizer and entree and all were delicious. Also, the staff is extremely attentive.Special Features: