Dock's Oyster House
2405 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Dock's Oyster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.docksoysterhouse.com/
- Phone: 6093450092
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dock's Oyster House has two small semi-private rooms for parties of 6-10 guests. The dining room can be reserved for larger parties. The entire restaurant can also be booked.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Dougherty 6093450092
- Entertainment: Piano Bar
A word from Dock's Oyster House
Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Also offering a full bar, piano bar, and free parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Dock's Oyster House - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Dock's Oyster House reviews from OpenTable diners
486 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (301)fit for foodies (278)neighborhood gem (250)romantic (112)good for groups (109)hot spot (108)notable wine list (80)vibrant bar scene (61)late-night find (18)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food was very good and staff was friendly. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014this is a terrific place to come to if you want a very pleasant experience. The night we were thhere five people were there who went there because it was their birthdays and that was the place they chose. That speaks volumes.Special Features:
- out of the casino glareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Great service. Attentive and knowledgeable staff. Old time ambiance. Delicious soup. It reminds you of what the find restaurants were like in Atlantic City before the casinos moved in. If you like seafood(not just oysters) you'll love Docks Oyster HouseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but crampedlove2dineVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been to docs multiple times as it is one of my husbands favorite restaurants. The food is fresh and delicious. Saturday night is just a busy night and very noisy. The tables are too close but some call this cozy. We will definitely go back as we love it but I think we will go on a week night rather than a weekend. It was so noisy that we could not have a conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food but very tight almost elbow to elbow. Talked with both couples on the left and right side.Special Features:
- NeilDined on 10/18/2014Fantastic. Oyster Rockefeller, Lobster, and cheese cake for dessert what could be better!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service - tables just too closeSpecial Features:
- A Jersey Shore ClassicLaura856Dined on 10/11/2014Everything is perfect from the lively ambiance and nightly piano music to the delicious food. The oyster sampler is a must, tuna tartar is excellent, and the steaks and seafood do not disappoint. During our most recent visit, our group of 4 had two of the specials, (salmon and fluke francese) sea scallops, and the crab cakes - all were wonderful (especially the crab cake and fluke). The martinis are pricey ($14) but strong and they offer a great selection of wines by the glass. The key lime pie was our hands-down favorite dessert and the banana cream pie was a close second. The service is also top-notch - our server was extremely helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- WOWNonieVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was a special night for my dad's birthday dinner! Great service and seafood!!Special Features:
- Never a misscleonwalesDined on 10/10/2014This was our second time at Doc's. We once again waited ten to fifteen minutes before being seated and the waiting/bar area is fine. There was a gentleman playing the piano, a raw bar and two bartenders ready to be at your service. I had the cucumber martini, it was refreshing. We were seated and the waiter "Doug" was great. My wife and I shared the crab imperial Caesar salad and tuna tar tar. Both appetizers were really flavorful. We then ordered the same dish from the list of specials, filet with 3 jumbo shrimp. I had my order cooked medium rare and it was exact. The shrimp were fried and breaded, we expected them to be grilled but never the less it was delicious. Our deserts were great (pumpkin cheesecake & Apple pie). Ty Doc'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special dinner outJeanneDined on 10/10/2014We went to Dock's Oyster House to celebrate my mom's birthday and it did not disappoint. The food was excellent and our server was very good. They even brought our dessert with a candle and sang to my mom. It was so sweet. The only thing I didn't love was how many people they pack in. We were basically sitting on top of the people to our left and right. But, I guess this is to be expected with a place as popular as this!Special Features:
- Never had a bad meal!JoeHDined on 10/10/2014Great food, service raw bar. Get there early and enjoy piano, raw bar and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here before and won't go backCaraVIPDined on 10/10/2014I've been here several times over the last few years. This by far was the biggest disappointment. The salad came out without dressing. The soup was runny and barely seasoned. My lobster tail was rubbery. Not to mention that I barely had enough room to sit at my table, and my friend kept getting bumped by the person to his right and behind him.
- foodfan68Dined on 10/10/2014Dock's was as good as always. Seafood is outstanding, service was great. I will return the next time I am in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBill592014Dined on 10/9/2014Wife and I decided to got to Dock's vs Knife & Fork for our Anniversary dinner. We choose a Thursday evening 10/9/14. We could not believe how "packed" the place was!! As a result - service was terrible, noise level was loud, tables were elbow to elbow. We mentioned to our server that we were there for our Anniversary - didn't even blink an eye!! My Filet was over done but I didn't want to send it back because it took so long to arrive! So next year we will go to the Knife & Fork.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT RESTAURANTSLCardinalsFanDined on 10/9/2014Dock's Oyster Bar is our favorite restaurant @ the shore, food is consistently excellent, service, especially Michael and Helen (our favorites), is outstanding and drinks are The Best! We love dining here!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFoodvoyeurDined on 10/8/2014The food is always fresh and bursting with flavor; the waitstaff upbeat and professional. Look forward to coming here whenever we visit the area. Really enjoyed the stuffed shrimp special. Order the clam chowder, a thin, flavorful broth with whole baby clams - so much better than the thickened, tasteless, glop so often served in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighful Dock'ssatisfactionDined on 10/8/2014This was our second visit to Dock's and it is a wonderful restaurant. The food is just so excellent and the service matches it. We will definitely be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC Go To SpotjerzjoeDined on 10/6/2014Always our "Go To" place when we are in Atlantic City. Food, drinks and service are always top notch.Special Features:
- A WINNER !!VJGreenVIPDined on 10/5/2014First visit here, on a recommendation of a manager from a different establishment down in Maryland who suggested we would be very pleased. He was correct. Four of us dined on this trip and found that the entrees were exceptional...especially the fried oyster entrée. Great ambiance in one of Atlantic City's oldest restaurants, dating back to 1897 according to our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaneDined on 10/5/2014Meal was delicious! Perfectly prepared - top quality ingredients. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- one of AC's bestdrobbinDined on 10/4/2014Overall great food, ambience, and experience here. No complaints at all and the seafood in particular was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedoysterloverVIPDined on 10/4/2014Our oysters were off-tasting and bland although we ordered Malpeque's which we've had many times at many restaurants and always enjoyed before. The tuna tartare served was an enormous portion but so full of cucumber and avocado pieces that the delicate tuna flavor was completely masked. The shrimp ceviche was also a bit overwhelmed by peppers/onions with no hint of lime or citrus. The best part of my entire meal was the risotto served underneath my salmon special (the salmon was overcooked). The tables are so close the waiter took advantage and recited the specials to us and our table neighbors at the same time. We won't be going back.
- Can't wait to go back!!!Sandy5Dined on 10/4/2014Never a disappointing meal, fresh seafood never frozen.Great selection of wines and Great martinis!! If you're going on the weekend hard to get a 7:00-8:00 reservation so call ahead.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent. There version of clam chowder may not be what you expect but it was so tasty. We had the halibut special and red snapper with crab meat on top. I would return in a heartbeat. The hostess was smiling and welcoming. Our waiter, Will was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SjhighDined on 10/2/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomebeanVIPDined on 10/1/2014the food and the service is just perfect - we love this place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish cooked perfectChowlineDined on 9/30/2014Friendly cheerful waitress,thick salmon on cheese flavored risotto. Oysters fresh from Cape May. Translucent scallops broiled to perfect. Finished with apple crisp hot from the oven topped with vanilla gelato. Great dining year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Dock's continues to be a favorite restaurant: noted for its seafood and luscious sides as well as a great raw bar, the restaurant even explains the sites of its oysters. The service is timely and professional and the food is always delicious. What a gem in Atlantic City!Special Features:
- TishasDined on 9/26/2014Was great out waitress was superb...food was fresh and delicious. ..close to boardwalk hall so before the show we were able to have dinner and drinks overall a great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTomsRiverDined on 9/25/2014We have been here several times, never had any complaints. Food and service are outstanding. Must try the tower will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Must tryAmyTDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful Service and Food. Definitely recommended their clam chowder, it was delicious and fresh. Banana Pie for dessert was outstanding. Note: may need a wheelbarrow to take you home.Special Features:
- Great bar food seafoodstatuskDined on 9/22/2014Old time bar with great food. Lots of history. Bartender made some great traditional drinks and some creative cocktails. Piano player early evening was a nice touch. Classic seafood fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super experience in Atlantic CitywindycityRealtorVIPDined on 9/21/2014Dock's is a "don't miss" experience. Still family owned (one of the granddaughters was our hostess), this is an exceptional restaurant. The food was wonderful, and reasonably priced. Great bartender as well. The wait service was a bit spotty in comparison to all other elements. This is an authentic restaurant, with an atmosphere that is far from the gambling palaces (although very close to them geographically). Compliementary valet parking as well in the adjoining parking lot. Don't miss this restaurant while in ACSpecial Features:
- HoneyDined on 9/21/2014Very pleased with food, food presentation and service. Deserts also exceptional especially Lemon Meringue PieSpecial Features:
- Fresh seafoodDCFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I was very pleased with the seafood, especially the oysters on the 1/2 shell--worth ordering the dozen! The variety of oysters were extensive and delicious! Also the staff were especially helpful/attentive. Sadly I didn't catch his name, he wore glasses and worked on clearing tables & refilling water cups in the back (I dined on 9/20, 9:30pm). My water glass was never empty!Special Features:
- Food was amazing. Love Dock'sLuvdocksDined on 9/20/2014Our waitress Amy was excellent. Food is amazing. We were here last year and returned again this year. Valet service is wonderful. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONGaleWDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful seafood, atmosphere and service!!! Even the parking attendant that the restaurant has next door was so courteous! Recommend for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placememeDined on 9/20/2014Went here after visiting the Knife and Fork owned by them. That was good, this was great. Food was above expectations. Everything was excellent. Generous protion. Help was very accomodating and pleasant. Even the parking attentand was pleasant. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- Dock's Oyster House Excellent!PhilDined on 9/19/2014We have the opportunity to dine at Dock's Oyster House for my wife's birthday after attempting to get a reservation during the summer, which was next to impossible. I can now see why! The service at Dock's was impeccable...thanks to our server, Will. A sampling of oysters that Will chose for Carol were wonderful. Every aspect of our meal (even and especially my Cowboy Steak - unusual for a seafood restaurant) were over and above delicious. We are looking forward to going back to Dock's again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.