Dock's Oyster House
2405 Atlantic Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Dock's Oyster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.docksoysterhouse.com/
- Phone: (609) 345-0092
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Frank Dougherty
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Dock's Oyster House has two small semi-private rooms for parties of 6-10 guests. The dining room can be reserved for larger parties. The entire restaurant can also be booked.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Dougherty 6093450092
- Entertainment: Piano Bar
A word from Dock's Oyster House
Owned and operated by the Dougherty family since 1897, Dock's Oyster House is an Atlantic City institution. Offering a full raw bar with as many as 10 different oysters per night along with clams, mussels, shrimp, crabmeat, chilled lobster, tuna sashimi and ceviche, Dock's is renowned for the freshest seafood in town along with great steaks and an award-winning wine list. Also offering a full bar, piano bar, and free parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Dock's Oyster House - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Dock's Oyster House reviews from OpenTable diners
426 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (261)fit for foodies (252)neighborhood gem (224)good for groups (99)romantic (97)hot spot (95)notable wine list (76)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (14)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- food & service outstanding, one of the best in ACTinyDined on 11/19/2014other than being seated an hour past our reservation, everything was fantastic. food and service is excellent. everything was great, worth the trip and the money and the wait,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantic City Historic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014I have only ever eaten SUPERB meals at Dock's Oyster House! I have been coming to Dock's for 35 years and I try to eat here every time I visit Atlantic City. The service is GREAT and the food is INCEDIBLE!!! This is a "MUST DO" whenever anyone is in town... IF you can get a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC mustraygunVIPDined on 11/17/2014You shouldn't come to Atlantic City without checking out the food at Dock's Oyster House. Dock's is set apart from the mad pace and glitz and glare of the casinos. The seafood tastes like it was swimming in the water that morning. The portions are generous, the bar service is excellent and the hostess and waitstaff are very courteous and friendly. Returning to Dock's will be on the top of my list on my next trip to Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a WONDERFUL birthday dinner at Dock's!JenniferDined on 11/15/2014My husband took me to Dock's Oyster House for my birthday this past weekend. It was pretty chaotic when we first walked in for our 8:30pm reservation. They had two large parties waiting to be seated and the bar/waiting area was packed. The hostess was MIA for a bit and it took us about 10 minutes just to let them know we had arrived. Once we were seated, everything was great! Our waitress, Helen, was so warm, welcoming and sweet. We thought she was adorable! She even went outside in the cold drizzle to hail us a cab. Talk about above and beyond! We enjoyed some excellent drinks from the bar. And the food was exactly what we expected from a shoreline seafood restaurant. The Crabmeat Au gratin was spectacular!! I highly recommend it! Thank you for a really enjoyable evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 11/15/2014Always a good meal, a bit pricy, but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMattmonkDined on 11/14/2014We went to Dock's to celebrate our anniversary, which we mentioned when we made a reservation online. When we arrived, the maitre'd greeted us and congratulated us on our anniversary, as did our server, Will, when we were seated. Nice touch. My wife loves oysters and so chose two plates, the Oysters Rockerfeller as an appetizer and the fried oysters as an entrée. Both were superlative. I had the Maine clam chowder, an original concoction of little neck clams (rather than just clam pieces) in a light broth that was just a tad spicy. Delicious. For an entrée, I had the sautéed crab, and we split the beet and arugula salad. At one point, my wife asked Will if he could tell us the kinds of oysters in her entrée. Amazingly, he was able to name each one of the eight different oysters in her entrée! My wife had two different kinds of cocktails, both terrific, and I stuck with stout and then wine. We split the lemon merengue pie for dessert--it was excellent. Overall, a wonderful dining experience. Only criticism--the tables are close, so it's hard not to inadvertently hear your neighbors' conversation and the decibel level is a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceCruisesByTomDined on 11/13/2014We enjoyed our meal so much that we went back the next night. Be sure to save room for the cheese pie. It's like a lighter, fluffier cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoboDined on 11/10/2014Food could have been cooked better. Steak had no taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsKenKDined on 11/10/2014Once again a very enjoyable experience from the food to the service to the bar. The piano entertainment was outstanding, David Gross is an incredible musician!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress made the night!AlwaysonSundayVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had excellent service -an attentive (but not overly) waitress, absolutely delicious food-right through the dessert. Go for a whole lobster, flavor was perfect. I had a 3.25 lb. lobster- plenty of meat. My husband's steak done to perfection. Will def. be back.Special Features:
- Saturday NightWillyDDined on 11/8/2014Went to Docks for wife's bithday dinner on Saturday night. 3 at the table ordered seafood and were highly pleased. I ordered the strip steak WITHOUT the pepper sauce cookef medium. Steak arrived with the pepper sauce on the steak I cut the steak to taste didn't like the sauce so I sent it back. The steak was returned with the sauce wiped off. The steak was now over cooked and dry. The steak was taken off the bill. But I was very disappointed. Yes they offered to cook another but my party was already almost finished eating. Disappointing meal on a special nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in ACOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Never a disappointment here. Every thing from the food to the service is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We've been coming here for 40 years for the best oysters and lobster ever. Everything is fresh and cooked to perfection. It's a tradition!Special Features:
- Great seafood.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014The lobsters are so fresh. The oysters are very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeBDined on 11/6/2014Restaurant was excellent. Food was delicious and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Good Crowdguitarplayer126Dined on 11/6/2014We have made multiple trips to Dock's and have yet to be disappointed. Service was excellent even though the place was jumping. Rack of lamb & lobster tails cooked exactly as ordered. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great Food Reasonably Pricedlive2eatDined on 11/5/2014This is one of those great restaurants, not located on the Boardwalk, so more readily available to non-tourists. The seafood is fresh and well prepared. Our party has fluke (winter flounder), crab, tuna, scallops, and oysters. All were moist and tasty. None were overcooked which is so often the problem with restaurant seafood. The sauces tended toward butter sauces while one did have a cream sauce. The service was excellent, and the noise level was such that we could all talk around the table. When people came by to say hello, we could all hear them. When the bill came, the food was not cheap, but it was reasonable considering its freshness and preparation. I would recommend it to anyone anytime.Special Features:
- 10th AnniversaryJaco6552Dined on 11/4/2014We love this place. It is pricey but the food and service are exquisite. They were very accommodating to my daughter and they were extremely kind in helping make out anniversary dinner a wonderful experience. Helen was our waitress and she was amazing.Special Features:
- A letdown for memynightoutDined on 11/4/2014The salad was great, the service was good. The entrée was very disappointing. I am used to good seafood, being from Virginia. The oysters were over breaded and did not have a fresh oyster taste. Shrimp was OK but not great. Maybe we have too many good restaurants where I live and I am being to critical but I feel for the money it was a letdown.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014Dock's was recommended to us by a friend. The restaurant had good, fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Been here a few times, always enjoy the experience, the food, service and atmosphere top notchSpecial Features:
- Very good food and servicewaterlily74Dined on 11/1/2014I took my husband there for his birthday. The seating was a little close for my liking, but the place was noisy enough to make our conversation mostly private. The food was very good. He had the calamari appetizer, and a salmon special. It was so good he didn't even offer me any...though I forgot to ask because my fluke special was so tasty! They had a full bar even with grapefruit juice (not cocktail) which enhanced the experience since my husband could then get his favorite drink. Definitely worth the cab ride!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding menu, portions are great, nothing beats the steamed lobstersSpecial Features:
- AmazingEddiedDined on 10/31/2014We were there to celebrate our 34th anniversary and were blown away by the service , food and atmosphere. The prices were also very reasonable. We will definitely be back next time we are in atlantic citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomekanga3703Dined on 10/30/2014We arrived 1 hours before our reservation. No problem at all we were seated right away. We had the same waitress from several years ago when we when. The food was amazing, I cook all the time and hate eating out especially at chain restaurants, this is a diamond in the rough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDeliciousDined on 10/30/2014Our evening at the knife and fork was very very pleasant. Dinner was delicious service was very very good and we had a delicious bottle of wine at a reasonable price. We enjoyed our dinner very much and would recommend the knife and fork to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor desserts!FoodieDined on 10/30/2014Pumpkin cheese pie not like pie, not cheesy, mushy crust. Apple pie mostly crumbly top, not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerseyGirlDined on 10/29/2014Great dining experience. Exciting bar atmosphere. Excellent menu and service. The food was amazing.Special Features:
- Wow Great Place!DesiLuvsgoingoutVIPDined on 10/29/2014Got a recommendation from an Atlantic City friend and was NOT disappointed. This place has been open for over 100 years and the food and service was terrific. Our waitress had been with the restaurant for 27 years! Helen was a great ambassador for the place, knowledgeable and very friendly. Ask for her if you make a reservation.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable Dining ExperienceJoeNoDined on 10/29/2014The menu selections were all very tempting. And the Special of the Day was a hit for my wife. The presentation of the food was excellent and best of all it tasted greatSpecial Features:
- davidDined on 10/28/2014We have been to Docks many times. This evening was to celebrate our 36th anniversary. While the food and service was up to our expectations, the noise level on this particular night was extreme and did diminish the pleasure we had hoped to have for our special event. Hope next time will be better.Special Features:
- Must Go...StevepoptonesDined on 10/26/2014If you are in A. C., you must stop and eat here. Docks never fails to have great food,drinks, and a general I am so glad I am here feeling. Oysters are fresh, shucked correctly, and the seafood out of this world. Taz our waiter was fantastic. So eat at Docks and make yourself happy.Special Features:
- Absolutely AwesomedinnerrificDined on 10/25/2014The staff there is top notch. The food was delicious, starting with the raw bar and drinks. Continued with main course hot and fresh. And culminating with coffee and desert..Don't leave Atlantic City until you've visited this restaurant.I've brought multiple friends and family to this restaurant and they have all loved it. Now they bring their friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but goodZam123Dined on 10/24/2014Tight tables and noisy. Rating system wouldn't let me check 4 th box for noise level! But service was excellent and the food was well prepared. Prices reasonable. No complaints . We would return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating retirementNoNiDined on 10/24/2014Always enjoy Docks - great food especially the "daily" specials. Only seasonal selections which means fresh!Special Features:
- Authentic SeafoodMGM1VIPDined on 10/24/2014This place has been around for a long time, but they still strive for perfection. And they achieve their goal! Great food, always consistent, and always fresh seafood. The service staff is well trained and very accommodating. We'll be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it getsPhilDined on 10/23/2014Old time ambiance in an Atlantic City 40's atmosphere. Great raw bar with a menu that doesn't leave you wanting. My favorite in ACSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food was very good and staff was friendly. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and historic restaurantSwissphillyDined on 10/21/2014Been in the same location since early 1900's. Still the same family running the restaurant too! Great good, worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burgerDined on 10/21/2014this is a terrific place to come to if you want a very pleasant experience. The night we were thhere five people were there who went there because it was their birthdays and that was the place they chose. That speaks volumes.Special Features: