Docks Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill
633 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Docks Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.docksoysterbar.com/
- Phone: (212) 986-8080
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week
11:30am - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Steve Meyers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Band - Tuesday Evening 6-10pm & Sunday Brunch 11:30-3:30pm
- Special Events: 2014 Mother's Day Menu's Brunch & Dinner
Please call or email us
- Cross Street: East 40th Street
- Public Transit: Located just blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, we are easily accessible by the 4,5,6, or 7 train.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We validate parking tickets for customers using ICON Parking located on 205 E. 38th St. Just east of 3rd Avenue.
A word from Docks Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill
Welcome to DOCKS. Established in 1986, we specialize in bringing the freshest seafood to the island of Manhattan. Rated by Zagat as one of the 50 most popular restaurants, we are a seafood lovers dream with our always fresh raw bar and daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Docks Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (80)great for lunch (70)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (57)vibrant bar scene (52)special occasion (46)great for brunch (30)hot spot (25)notable wine list (21)romantic (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- more pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Whaaat? I wasn't expecting a seafood place to have steakhouse quality steaks. But not only that, the service was great and so was the ambience. Perfect proportion with every course, I was actually able to finish my meal without being bloated and still had room for dessert! I will most definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualZoemeisterDined on 11/12/2014I go to Dock's probably twice a year for business lunches. Always excellent. They have daily specials and a daily price fixed menu. Four of us went. 2 chose from the daily special, 2 chose from the fixed price menu. For about $4 more than an entree, the fixed price is well worth it. Not a speck was left on anyone's plate. Service was top notch. You can tell there were a lot of business meetings going on here. As busy as Dock's gets, you can still have a conversation without raising your voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood any timeClayhandDined on 11/11/2014We were four people and not too hungry so three of us ordered sushi rolls - spicy tuna, crab and one of us ordered the rare tuna over salad. Food was very good. Service impeccable. Refilling our water glasses. Knowledgeable about the menu. Chocolate Ice cream and pear sorbet was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fish selection.JohnnyDined on 11/11/2014If you're a fish lover, this is the place. Be prepared to open your wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantsteve822Dined on 11/10/2014Everything perfect from the service to the menu to the food itselfSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014We were visiting with family, so it was a special occasion. Docks is a very nice atmosphere and the food was great!Special Features:
- The perfect locationDPFFITZDined on 11/8/2014We were looking for a venu that would be more conducive to a business meeting that included dinner. We found both. We were attending the BDNY, Botique Design New York show, at the Jacob Javitz Center which is associated with the Hospitality Industry. I contacted a Cousin of mine who lives in New York askingfor his assistance in finding a venu that would be the best of both worlds. After hearing of Doc's Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill I contacted the General Manager to explain who we were entertaining and asked for special seating in order to be able to discuss our business. We were seated at table 16 which was perfect. Our wait staff were professional while being entertaining as well. It made for a relaxed aptmosphere through out the 2 1/2 hour dinner. The Chief sent out a sampling of Shrimp and Oysters compliments of the Chief which started our evening. Toward the end one of the Gentlemen we were entertaining asked to speak with the Manager on duty. He paid her a compliment for the entire event. A truly great dining experience. All in attendance were associated with the Hospitality Industry. We were all in complete agreement the evening could not have gone any better. Thank you for an opportunity to express our complete pleasure with Doc's Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill and yes, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious SeafoodRiniDined on 11/7/2014We recently ate there on two occasions; a lunch and a dinner. On both occasions, the restaurant was full and buzzing with activity, yet we were seated promptly and attentively, and a special request for a quiet table in the corner (for dinner) honored with the perfect spot. Our servers were similarly attentive; and the seafood, including many clams on the half-shell, and salmon, was fresh, well-prepared and delicious. A mistake in the wine order (mine) was corrected graciously. We plan on returning next time we're in New York.Special Features:
- DisappointedAlbany151VIPDined on 11/7/2014We've eaten here several times in the past. This time had the swordfish and lobster risotto. Swordfish seemed overcooked, risotto was good. Service was excellent and prompt.Special Features:
- Good place for a business lunchMouseDined on 11/7/2014Had a business lunch with a new contact. Everything was great, and we were able to converse well there too.Special Features:
- Excellent service!EimajineDined on 11/6/2014DOCKS has excellent service. I didn't find the food to be exceptional in any way, although the presentation was quite nice. The bar was hopping and the noise carried over into the restaurant. Nice decor and open feeling. Wouldn't avoid it, but wouldn't recommend it either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2014Great place, good food, impeccable service - excellent choice for business lunchSpecial Features:
- ExellenthatetocookDined on 11/3/2014Food and service was very good. Perfect place for a business lunchSpecial Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014I love this place!! Great food and wonderful ambiance !! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014They accommodated my large family very well, esp since this was a Saturday, putting us in a nice window seat. The food, esp oysters, sushi platter and lobster, was excellent. The service was efficient and friendly, giving the little ones crayons and not minding when they accidentally drew their pictures right on the fabric table cloth, (the paper topper was missing). We apologized, they were very forgiving. All in all, everything was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentgenevaDined on 10/30/2014been to Docks a few times, it never disappoints. raw bar and all seafood is greatSpecial Features:
- ScheckyDined on 10/27/2014the Maitre d' was a pain..refused to seat us at a table near the window. Claimed they were reserved...they were vacant the entire night...Special Features:
- Convenient Spotsrk49VIPDined on 10/25/2014Walking distance from home. Only ordered clean food: shrimp cocktail, sushi (not great). Lobster rolls. No fried food. The server was friendly as was the runner. Lobster rolls overflowing with lobster that was perfect, no mayo, just lobster. Really good. Only tables upstairs by the window were packed. The tables in the back of the place were empty on a Saturday night at 9:30
- We are in lobster heaven at DocksNDB1909Dined on 10/24/2014This is actually our third time at Docks restaurant, and we've been thrilled about every visit. The service and food is fantastic, reasonable prices and it has a vibrant atmosphere. The only minor is that it can be somewhat noisy at times. We will for sure come back to Docks the next time we are in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClientsclientsDined on 10/22/2014Took clients here - they enjoyed it. sdjiofdoisjfoifosdhfoisfsodsjfcidsjcidsjclijxvlkjcxlkvjcxlkvjxclijvlcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkxcjvlkcxjvlkxjvclkxjcvljcxvlkxjcvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkxcjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkjcxkvjcxlkvjcxlkjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlkcxjvlSpecial Features:
- GreatDickDined on 10/21/2014Great as usual! We try to go on our once a year NYC fixSpecial Features:
- Another fabulous birthday!!FrequentaVIPDined on 10/14/2014We wanted to celebrate my fiancé's birthday in a special way, and we both had to work, so we looked for a special venue that would make us forget we were dining on a Tuesday evening. We have been to Docks before and were happy to return again. I asked for a private table and they gave us a romantic table in the back where we could enjoy each other and our conversation. The food was sublime and the service was wonderful. Everything was wonderful and we had a fabulous time. We shall return.Special Features:
- Anniversary lunchdknjDined on 10/14/2014Came for anniversary lunch with hubby. Nice ambiance, very good food and nice attentive service.Special Features:
- excelenteliaDined on 10/12/2014As Always we had a great time at Docks.The food is more than very good.I think theyhave the best lobster.Although it isn't a fancy resraurant the food is wonderful.I really recomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy DocksRebeccaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Docks is always good -- terrific service and delicious food. We dined there before we had children and now our teenage sons enjoy eating there, too.Special Features:
- MilanoDined on 10/8/2014I visit Docks often for good food and relaxed atmosphere. I love all the sea food dishes, especially salomon and tuna. The bread basket is amazing, very nice selection of breads and crackers. The service is very attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked everything but the fried foodBonniegalVIPDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I dined here recently and had a "mixed" experience. I ordered the jumbo shrimp cocktail and it was fresh and HUGE; just the way I like shrimp cocktail to be. For my entree I had the lobster roll , and it was wonderful. Fresh chunks of lobster, without a celery filler: YUM! My husband ordered the fried seafood platter of clams, shrimp and scallops and was very disappointed. The clams were big bait clams, and as former New Englanders, we know our seafood. Batter was heavy and the scallops didn't seem fresh. The waiter graciously exchanged his entree for the lobster roll as week, so the evening was salvaged. Nice atmosphere too!
- Great menu optionsLaCinnaDined on 10/2/2014Docks offers a great selection of entrees. Even a picky eater will find something on the menu. I recommend the mussels as an appetizer. If you order the calamari definitely go for the Rhode Island style. I ordered the 2lb steamed lobster. It was slightly cold and a little tough. I've had better. Try the seafood salad or the sea bass. Both are amazing. Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelming noisenudnickVIPDined on 10/1/2014The fish is fresh and so, to some extent, is the service. No the most welcoming place. The noise level and general attitude of the staff (who can blame them? the noise level is so irritating) create a brusque, character-less experience.
- monday nighteatingwellDined on 9/29/2014i have eaten at Docks many times, especially on Monday nights and have enjoyed the lobster for 2 dinner. the size of the lobster is substantial and it's delicious. I have also been to docks for brunch and recently hosted my daughter's bridal shower here. It was fabulous. the bloody marys are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOOD FOR BOTH FISH AND MEATEricVIPDined on 9/26/2014Though Docks specializes in seafood, there meat dishes are also well-prepared. The steak I had was excellent along with the garlic mash potatoes. Great place if your party can not agree on fish or steak.
- Always a winnerpalermoDined on 9/25/2014I met my friends for lunch at Dock's and as always, we enjoyed a fantastic meal. We were seated immediately, our server was friendly, attentive and efficient and our table afforded plenty of elbow room as well as privacy. Between the four of us we ordered salmon, crab cakes, lobster rolls and a cheeseburger and each of us loved our meal. The wine list offered a variety of selections all priced for value. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- Get freshAlatLunchDined on 9/23/2014Always reliable but fish entrees could use a little freshening up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food to share with groupCherieDined on 9/22/2014Reservation was so smooth and food filled all group with satisfaction. Absolutely recommend this place for those who love seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that goodPDineDined on 9/20/2014Simply put, docks is just not that good. Terrible wind list, fair service and not so good food. Person with me got the crab cakes and they loaded the plate up with ruffles potato chips. I mean it's suppose to be a nice place so why couldn't they put something besides chips from a bag
- Go for the seafoodImpressionsDined on 9/15/2014The selection is just right - extensive and really tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceTerryDined on 9/14/2014The decor and ambiance were wonderful. Very warm and inviting with a touch of elegance. Our server was outstanding. He knew we didn't want to be rushed through our meal and let us go at our own pace. The food was delicious. I had the lobster risotto and my daughter had the scallops. Also started with the fried calamari. All dishes were wonderful. I would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What It Used To BemlbdinesoutDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant is an old standby for my family. It had been awhile since I've been there, but I was disappointed by two things. There was one listing of a wine I was interested in at $46, another list said $50. When I pointed it out to the server, she said the $46 was on an old list. I should have insisted on the lower price, and so should she have. But she did not. (Not a big deal, just good customer service.) A longtime food favorite, the seafood platter, has not stood the test of time. It used to include fish, clams, shrimp, scallops and oysters. Now, just a couple of shrimp, scallops and way too many oysters. Disappointing. The lobster risotto was not bad. It's a pretty place, but seems to have lost a step or three. Too bad.
- Katrin123Dined on 9/12/2014a great restaurant and the service was terrific. great service and very attentive to our requests.Special Features:
- Consistent winnerChillyPalmerDined on 9/11/2014Great oyster selection and fresh fish make this a consistent winner. The service was outstanding. Helpful without pushing their agenda. It was a good late night find when many kitchens are closed. You can't go wrong hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.