D.O.C.G. Enoteca by Scott Conant
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
D.O.C.G. Enoteca by Scott Conant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/DOCG0512.pdf
- Phone: (702) 698-7920
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily I 6PM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For special event inquiries and large party requests please contact Kelli Binette at 702-698-7973 or The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Restaurant Sales Department at 877-551-7776 or 702-698-6880.
A word from D.O.C.G. Enoteca by Scott Conant
A wine bar by acclaimed chef, Scott Conant, featuring pizza, pasta, an espresso bar, pastries, artisanal cheeses & chocolates, along with an exceptional selection of Italian wines. D.O.C.G. is named after a category of Italian wine called Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita, or the highest level of Italian wine origin. The design here is at once modern and rustic with exposed brick and reclaimed wood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
D.O.C.G. Enoteca by Scott Conant - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
D.O.C.G. Enoteca by Scott Conant reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (47)good for groups (37)hot spot (28)special occasion (23)romantic (20)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Not your "everyday" spaghetti...OinkerVIPDined on 11/21/2014We only managed to try their handcrafted pastas because the serving portions were very filling. You can tell that the pastas were hand crafted by its rustic shape and texture. We were attracted to their "Pici" (short, thick spaghetti) served with braised duck sauce and black truffles and Scialatelli (tubular pasta) served with lobster and shrimp in spicy Arribiatta-style sauce. Both pastas were cooked al dente and their sauces were truly flavorful, Regional Italian and rich. Our server, Melissa, was helpful, friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the casual, red brick trattoria-style atmosphere. We'd gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but I expected moreNYCRunnerDined on 11/15/2014The appetizers were great but I felt the pizza fell short of expectations. Overall a nice experience but next time I'd get the pasta. Fried artichokes were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BustlingVegasFineDinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Saturday night, very busy and very LOUD. Caprese salad not quite what I expected. Cherry tomatoes, and seemed partially cooked/stewed, with a slice or two of larger tomato; tasted a bit odd. Veal Marsala also not as expected -- a large veal chop, butterflied and grilled, rather than a thin cutlet, but was excellent. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the FoodDavidDined on 11/15/2014The food and wine were Las Vegas expensive, as you would expect from a celebrity chef restaurant. Unfortunately the quality of the food was horribly underwhelming -- by far the worst of any of the celebrity chef restaurants that I've visited across the country. The DOCG Pizza was overly salty and lacked much other flavor. The PICI Pasta also lacked the duck and truffle flavor advertised on the menu. The only positive was the service. Our waiter, Travis, was attentive and made sure that things moved along smoothly so we could enjoy dinner and finish up in time to make it to a show later that evening.
- The dinner that never happenedtravelgirlDined on 11/14/2014So disappointed with this place. Had a reservation booked about a month or more before our weekend in Vegas, when we were notified that they could no longer take us due to a private function. Found out a few hours before our reservation, on a Friday night. Really????Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2014If you are eating dinner on your own, don't sit at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedCCC5Dined on 11/10/2014We got to sit up front by the brick oven so we enjoyed watching the pizzas. Started with the house salad DOCG excilent big enough to share or a meal on its own. Sausage mushroom pasta for the pasta lover in me. Very good we went with the GAJA Ca'marcanda promis a good compliment to our dinner. The service was exallant very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodpeterhukoVIPDined on 11/8/2014Fast service, excellent food, great experience! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and Great pricesHendersonlocalDined on 11/8/2014Really enjoyed the time on Saturday night, service was outstanding and food was excellent as to be expected for a strip hot spot. Highly recommend the Tiramisu to close out your meal !!!!Special Features:
- Good but not greatwalkaboutDined on 11/4/2014I picked this restaurant as I saw some talk about their pizza being the best in Vegas. I can't compare to others in Vegas, but I've had better elsewhere. Still, not bad. Also, I expected more wines by the glass, but there were very few. Servers were very good.
- Very Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My only disappointment with my meal was the fact that they do not serve warm bread to the table. I guess that is a little quirk and maybe not everyone likes their crusty Italian bread to be toasty and warm for dipping into oil - but I do. I had the roasted beet salad (amazing), the Berkshire pork chop (if you love pork chops, this is perfect. The glaze is just the right amount of char & sweetness and it was so tender, I highly recommend it) and the mushroom side dish (which would have been just as delicious without the cheese they top it with)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdTravel89044Dined on 10/31/2014The tables at D.O.C.G are all white marble tops, which represents the feeling you get when you enter the the restaurant. Cold and unfriendly. Although the food is very good the dining experience is not warm and cozy. Our waiter was fine, but not once did the manager come to our table to inquire about our dinner. The wine list is extensive but way over-priced. This is a restaurant for tourist and not for the local residents.Special Features:
- Great Food inside Cosmo CasinoPamDinesDined on 10/30/2014Seems all the big name casinos have multiple great restaurants ... and The Cosmopolitan is no exception! Went to D.O.C.G. with another couple and had a great experience. We were seated along wall near the open kitchen area and had immediate, frequent yet unobtrusive, service for the next 90 minutes. Each couple had a salad to share, and we are still raving about the arugula salad. For the main course, we each had a different pasta dish with each being excellent. Throughout, we tried several glasses of the house wines - all were hits with our favorites being the Italian reds - the wine list was extensive, but we wanted to sample across varietals and we were not disappointed. With tip, we came out right at $200 - good value, good times!Special Features:
- I had higher expectationsSjackDined on 10/28/2014I had high expectations and the food just didn't deliver: too salty, wasn't anything extraordinary. I'm an average home cook and I've made more savory dishes.Special Features:
- First But Not LastVolfan13Dined on 10/28/2014This was my first visit to D.O.C.G. and I plan on visiting again on my trip to Vegas. I sat at the Bar and the Bartender was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The wine list was quite extensive. Upon her recommendation, I had the Fig & Prosciutto Salad and the Beef Short Ribs Entrée - both were Fabulous! The prices were also quite reasonable for Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatgoodDined on 10/19/2014We really enjoyed your dinner, smoked yogurt with beets, steak and pasta were all very nicely done. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So HotDesertCardDined on 10/19/2014This was our third time here. Seems like the prices were up some from the last couple of times but in the range of most restaurants on the strip. The Caesar salad and Fig appetizers were okay, nothing special. The Veal Chop was very good but small and their Budino dessert was excellent. But the pizza, there's the problem. We ordered the Beef Carpaccio pizza. It was a pretty large one with a lot of pesto, a little arugula and basically no beef carpaccio. We asked the waitress about it and she brought us a little bit more and I mean a little bit. $24 seriously. We should have complained to the manager but didn't. Third time was the charm, no return to this place.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Best food I've had in a long time, and certainly one of the best in Vegas. I highly recommend the duck. Excellent wine list and specialty beer on cask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodJamesVIPDined on 10/15/2014waiter was attentive, too much food, could have shared the salads and sides.Special Features:
- Not Impressed.hellojfkDined on 10/12/2014I am a fan of Scott Conant's restaurants and I love Scarpetta. We thought on this trip to Vegas we would try the more casual DOCG Wine Bar, and it was a mistake. While the prices are obviously more reasonable, the food is mediocre at best. It felt like very basic and "nothing special" Italian food, unlike the incredible food at Scarpetta. While our meal was reasonably priced, I would have much preferred to spend more money for a better meal. There are way too many good Italian food options in Las Vegas to waste your time or money at DOCG. Plus, there were many open tables, which seems like a bad sign in the otherwise bustling Cosmopolitan restaurant scene.
- Convenient Cosmopolitan restaurantGopherGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Pretty and quiet Italian that feels 'away' from the gaming floor. The menu is pretty standard, nice antipasto plate and fresh pasta done well. Flavors were not especially exciting and the service was sort of so-so by Vegas standards. A good choice if you are staying nearby, otherwise I think there are more appealing choices.Special Features:
- Cosmo FavoriteilovediningoutDined on 10/11/2014Ive always been a huge fan of D.O.C.G. and return as often as possible. This time was a bit off...not that food, that was as fantastic as ever...but the service was a bit slow and my favorite menu item ever (nudi) was taken off the menu and the bartender was out of ginger bear so couldn't make me a Moscow Mule. Its still one of my favorites in Vegas though...and Im a local.Special Features:
- Excellent MealFattyFoodie74Dined on 10/10/2014This is an excellent place to dine and it won't break the bank like most Vegas restaurants. With an extensive wine list, there is a bottle to please any palate. The traditional char of the wood fired DOCG pizza was wonderful with the egg adding a nice touch of creaminess. Theas tuna tartare was also a nice starter as well. The caramel bundido dessert finished the meal with a light, sweet finish. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSharlynVIPDined on 10/10/2014This is our second visit to DOCG. Last visit, I couldn't find anything wrong. It was perfect. Not sure what happened this time. We were mashed into a table so close to others that we could hear everyone's entire conversation. And the rest of the place was empty. After ordering a very expensive bottle of wine, our server forgot about us. The pizza was sad - it was like they ran out of cheese to cover it. The salted caramel budino is still the best but not worth suffering through the meal.
- Very good overallItsinthedetailsDined on 10/7/2014Ordered the antipasto platter and pizza with prosciutto to start. Flavors were on and ingredients were fresh. Only thing was that the pizza dough was slightly under cooked and a little chewy because of that. Mains were the NY strip, Veal chop and pasta with Bolognese sauce. Meats were all perfect and flavorful with the rapini sides. Rapini might have have touch too much garlic. The only thing was the pasta as it is done "Al forno" (finished in the oven) so the cheeses can melt. It was good but a little over done and oily because of that version. They should serve it normal in a bowl will homemade tagliatelle I think. Wine and service was great. Overall a lovely dinner pricey as it was. But that's Vegas for you :)Special Features:
- Great food and fast service!JMcBDined on 10/2/2014The food was delicious, we had the French fries, the cavatelli, and a margherita pizza. The service was also great and extremely fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!ricksriotDined on 9/29/2014Great flavors all around. We ordered tuna tartar appetizer, heirloom tomato appetizer, pasta meal and a pizza -- everything was absolutely delicious. Great wine as well, although I will say that $19 a glass is a bit excessive.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Great AtmosphereLBandBRluv2DineDined on 9/25/2014The Cosmopolitan hotel is clearly for the hip, young and gorgeous (we did not blend LOL), but once we got to the 4th floor where the restaurant is it was lovely. We had a really delicious, late night dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I had sausage pizza and my sisters had pasta and the short rib... all were equally delicious. Despite the late hour (10pm reservation), our server was delightfully cheerful and helpful. We read a lot of mixed reviews before deciding to book, but from our experience I would definitely recommend giving D.O.C.G a try. The restaurant itself is pretty and their food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a miss!JessDined on 9/19/2014As a big fan of Scott and his restaurants I came in thinking the food would blow my mind. While there was one dish that lived up to its notoriety The D.o.c.g. Pizza with fonduta, egg & truffles was as amazing as others had described it in reviews! But that was about the only thing that stood out all else was pretty much sub par and not what I expected from Scott. While the flavors and pairings sounded great on paper they weren't that great live. Not sure I would visit again, next time I'll stick to Scarpetta which is always a win!Special Features:
- Lots of VarietyEthica9Dined on 9/19/2014Loved the menu as we had a large group and everyone found something they liked. Minor miscommunication between us and the waiter with missed drinks, 12 oz veal chop included the bone weight maybe?, the fatty pork belly was basically a thin piece of bacon. Everything was cooked appropriately and nice presentation. Just "ok."Special Features:
- Good for a late night biteDavidandroseVIPDined on 9/17/2014Late reservation after a banquet event elsewhere in the hotel. Requested changes to a pasta dish and was advised the kitchen couldn't accommodate. Same response to a second request. Scallops were the third choice and nicely cooked, but the broccoli rabe on the plate was lukewarm and found some small sand in my last scallop. Not impressed butbwouldngive another chance in the future
- WonderfulVacaparentsDined on 9/17/2014My husband and I were on our first vacation together in over 7 years. We decided to treat ourselves to one nice dinner during our stay. D.O.C.G was located in the hotel we were staying so we decided to give it a try. The atmosphere was inviting and the wait staff was very pleasurable. But our food was beyond anything we could have hoped for. We could not have asked for a better experience. We will returning on our next vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014After perusing a variety of menus of Italian restaurants in Las Vegas, decided to try this one out as it appeared to be one of the most authentic Italian menus (that didn't involve re-mortgaging my house!). Started out with the deep fried artichokes which were excellent! Just the tips of the artichokes were crispy and flakey, the heart of the artichokes still had a juicy full flavour. Then had a nice fresh piece of halibut with mascarpone mashed potatoes and rapini. Excellent wait staff. Very fast, very efficient, hard-working, without being overly servile and obsequious. Finished it off with an affogato which the unfortunately served with the espresso already poured over the ice cream (which resulted in an already half-melted gelato).Special Features:
- OUtstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We dined here about 5 months ago and my review was mixed. The food was great but the service was lacking. We returned while in Vegas this time b/c of the food. The service outshined the food tonite!!Special Features:
- Great food. High end wine list.punkinDined on 9/10/2014Nothing on wine list under $70 which is disappointing if you are in the pizza and pasta space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YanaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Heirloom tomato salad with ricotta was awful: ricotta was more feta-cheese than ricotta, also there were so much vinegar in the dressing- I couldn't feel the taste of tomatoes, they seemed to be pickled. Octopus from the appetizer menu seemed not very fresh. Pastas were good, but still overpriced. Definitely wouldn't go again.
- DOCGFoodieDined on 9/5/2014The portions were very small. Service extremely rushed and they weren't busy....got our entrees 2 minutes after appetizer served. Fire in the pizza ovens caused the smoke alarms to go off and restaurant became very smokey to the point our eyes were watering. No one offered an apology much less a comp or a glass of wine for the inconvenience and a ruined dinner. I will not return to this establishment.
- Pessimo serviçoFreitasDined on 9/2/2014Os garçons parecem ter muita pressa, extremamente acelerado o serviço, comida ok, grande carta de vinhos, o ambiente é legal mas a pressa do serviço estraga a experienciaSpecial Features:
- Over priced for what it deliversMacNRobVIPDined on 8/30/2014My entree, which was a great cut of beef and had a small, but tasty salad on it's side, was the day's special. I mistakenly didn't ask what the "special" was priced. $60! Many items were between $30 and $40. But, $60 is quite a jump. Again, it was quite good; just not $60 good. My husband had a nice, but rather pricey, pasta dish. The tables were tight together, making it a little uncomfortable. There wasn't anything exceptionally that stood out in the decor.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious however it took over 15 minutes for someone to just come over and ask for our drink order. Other than that everything was magnificent!