Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
7011 Shoppes Boulevard
Moosic, PA 18507Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.docmagrogans.com/moosic/
- Phone: 5703423330x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have on and off site catering to meet all your needs.
- Special Events: Every Monday Buck-A-Shuck $1 Oysters 4pm-10pm • Lobster Tuesdays with $16 per lb! • All You Can Eat Crab legs on Wednesdays 24.99
A word from Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
We developed our classic 1900's Oyster House as a way to pay tribute and homage to the great tradition of enjoying oysters, these little aphrodisiacs. We have spared no expense to create an Oyster House that transforms you back to a simpler time of food, fun, and merriment, in a local watering hole. It is our joy to serve you the freshest seafood, the finest handcrafted beers, and a superior wine selection!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Moosic ›
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)special occasion (42)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Food and servicecatlady3Dined on 9/15/2014Our waiter was outstanding very knowledgeable about menu. My husband had the shrimp cocktail and I had fish and chips. Cocktail was outstanding fish was good but Not much taste to coleslaw. Fries were not hot. BUT the FISH was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFishinGuyDined on 9/12/2014There is nothing bad I can possibly say about this place. Wife and I both extremely happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Docs of MoosicFarrellDined on 9/6/2014What more can anyone say of this establishment other than impeccable in all respects. There is no comparison when it comes to seafood. Service is outstanding. Food is fresh. Drinks are awesome! Do me a favor and never go there. So that there will always be a seat open for me!Special Features:
- AlSMDined on 9/2/2014Had a great meal. My son had a friend who never experience raw oysters...now a convert! Great service and great food.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedPierceDined on 8/31/2014It took quite a while for our server to appear. I asked the price on the whole lobsters & no one in the restaurant seemed to know. I asked for the 3 lb she said they didn't have any! I took the 2 lb. still no drinks at this point. Someone started cleaning a nearby table, never finished it,left all the cleaning supplies and rag laying on the table and left. Not much ambience there. Our food for a seafood restaurant was poor. My husbands steamed combo, aside from the salmon was just ok. My lobster, which was supposed to be 2lbs was more like 1.5 & since they didn't clean it, none of the body meat was edible. Our server had to be tracked down for drink refills. We spent over $100 and I feel we were taken. We won't be going back again.
- Great OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I really like Doc's they have great oysters and other seafood. Plus good drinks.
- Been Here TwiceRickDined on 8/30/2014My wife got a long black hair in her entree. At that point her appetite was gone. Unacceptable for a restaurant of this status , even though I'll admit events like this are not 100 percent preventable. In my opinion they should have offered us coupons for future meals. I didn't raise any stink since it was our 20th wedding anniversary and she wouldn't want me to do that. She was a great sport about it, the staff was professional, didn't charge for her meal, and offered her anything free off the menu, she wasn't interested though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DispleasingMissTonyDined on 8/29/2014They changed their menu, and added dishes the cooks arent able to prepare. Rare steak medium well, salmon steak well done, not enough tableware, a lot of people running around doing nothing. The quality of the food from this restaurant has gone down really fast, oh by the way, the prices have gone up!
- BrrBearVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was frigid to the max. Many locals wore jackets, in August, because of the AC. Since we were on the road, in the summer, we had no jackets, so just shivered. Food was OK, but hardly worth freezing for.Special Features:
- good food in a terrible atmospheresurfnturfDined on 8/29/2014shrimp stuffed with crabmeat we enjoyed the lobster bisque soup and the appetizer of coconut shrimp was absolutely fabulous!the noise level was horrible the place is acoustically unfit.there is some music playing but you can't hear it over the noise of the service staff and the guests.I asked to have my filet prepared medium. It came well done quite a ways through the steak and very pink only in the middlewhen I ordered it I said medium and not anything more.I didn't want to bother to send it back and wait for another one because I just really wanted to finish my dinner and get out of there. It's not a comfortable or relaxing atmosphere the tables are rough and again the noise level is cacophonous
- A hairy scallopNoCajunFoodLSUDined on 8/24/2014There were 3 in our party, the food was really good. Until I found a hair embedded in one of my fried scallops. Two servers said they would get a manager, this never happened. It was no big deal, but someone should have talked to me. Put a little damper on what was a very extraordinary dinner.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodPinkDined on 8/18/2014Great raw oysters!! Dinner that followed was a special steamer pot. This was not warm and had to be sent back. By the time this was reserved everyone else at the table was finished. Not the special dining experience we had hoped!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerkalino1Dined on 8/13/2014This was my first time going to Doc Magrogan's. I will be back again!Special Features:
- ServiceANNIEVIPDined on 8/10/2014Must say the service was great. Restaurant was busy but our server kept up with her customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why having a reservation?BbyakaDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation at 5:15 prior to a concert starting at 7 pm in the nearby Pavilion. When we arrived at exactly 5:15 we were told that there would be a 15 minute wait to get a table. "We have a reservation", I proudly announced. "Let me check... Yes, you do. But we don't have a table available. We will have one in 15 minutes". Really??? When I asked to explain the difference between having a reservation and not having one the only answer they could come up with was "We are really busy tonight because of the concert". Wasn't a point of having a reservation on a busy night exactly that - to avoid waiting for a table??? 10 min later we were seated That initial interaction didn't set the right mood for the evening. But the food was greatSpecial Features:
- FANTASTICHAPPYDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to the restaurant about once a week for the summer and have yet to be disappointed. We have not ordered the same thing twice and are working our way through the menu and so far fantastic and look forward to many more great mealsSpecial Features:
- Great tasting foodJandfsatisfiedDined on 8/8/2014Our meal at Doc's was absolutely delicious. The waitress was named Dana and she was great - very friendly and welcoming, quick to get back to us between courses, and really knew her menu. Food came out quickly and we loved every bite!! The only thing I would suggest is a little pop of color here and there -- little bland on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what you get.UnhappyDined on 8/7/2014Anniversary Dinner. Reservation for 6:30 & seated immediately. It took over 30-35 minutes for our meal and it did not seem busy at all. Menu not very easy to read & does not state what you get with your meal. My filet/lobster dinner which did include red little potatoes & green string beans which was not stated on meal description & had to ask what you get with it) $34 dollar meal and you don't get a salad or soup. I had the salmon/shrimp combo with string beans & potatoes, $24 meal, salad or soup not included. I was still hungry at end of meal, that rarely happens when we go out to eat at a nice restaurant. Food was very good, but will look for another restaurant where you get more for your money, totally over priced for dinner meals.Special Features:
- Great all you can eat crab legsRed1Dined on 8/6/2014Nice night out with the guys. Great beers Great crab legs all you can eat, never had to ask for more, waitress just kept em coming. Nice salads good size and well seasoned.... Nice job Docs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessorDined on 8/5/2014The server, Olivia, was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the menu. Food came on time and was well prepared.Special Features:
- Doc Magrogan's - Always a Winner!seefooddietDined on 8/5/2014I've been to Doc's many times and the reason is simply because it never disappoints. Due to my work schedule, this is the first time I've been there in about a year. Being on vacation and Doc's being kind enough to email me when something good is going on, I made reservations for "National Oyster Day". It was pretty crowded, but my online reservation assured me a table even though I was 10 minutes early. I was glad to see it was as I remembered it with some new items on the menu - I always love trying their new creations! Being busier than normal slowed things down a bit, but our waitress Ashley was extremely pleasant, attentive and provided a great overall experience. Can't wait to go back again - even though it might be another year.Special Features:
- Was it just a bad day?BillDined on 8/5/2014Kind of disappointed with my last visit.. I always called this place my favorite restaurant in the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre area.. Not sure what has changed, but service was lacking, and food was disappointing.. Prior to this visit, it was a no-brainer when I got to choose.. Now, not sure if I will be in any hurry to go back.. Hoping it was just a bad waitress, and maybe the cook called off or something..
- Great Birthday Dinnerduodog2Dined on 8/4/2014Drink, food, and service were excellent. It was a great way to celebrate my husband's birthday. Best part of it all was his birthday fell on Buck a Shuck Nite so he was in heaven. He said the oysters were real tasty.Special Features:
- Never disappointsHAPPYDined on 8/2/2014Been here many times and have yet to be disappointed, one of our favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food here. The cashew encrusted tilapia and the lobster tacos are wonderful here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snackwhybother12Dined on 7/24/2014The cease and desist fries are the best snack I have ever had. They had a heaping of crab sauce on top so no fries did without.
- Great Food and big Gluten Free listGFdinerDined on 7/20/2014I was so happy to find a restaurant while on vacation that can handle gluten-free without handing me a salad and saying that's all they had. the Gluten-free selections were more than half the menu and I had a wonderful meal and thoroughly enjoyed myself and didn't have to worry!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!!!!!HAPPYDined on 7/19/2014You know its good when you can't decide to go off the regular menu or choose a special, tonight it was the tilefish special with tomato chutney and a nice side of risotto, as always, never disappointed and the track record lives on, have never had a dish here that we didn't likeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Fish and Chips were best I have ever had!!!!!!! Salmon was delicious too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than what we expectedSccallopLoverDined on 7/17/2014The place was FREEZING COLD!!! I ordered the scallops. Only 4 scallops on the place. Wings were GREAT. Wife got steak and shrimp. Very nice steak cooked exactly to order but only 4 shrimp. No salad with the meal only rolls. Service was super. We thought that the prices were high compared to the amount of food received.Special Features:
- UnsatisfiedasydinesDined on 7/16/2014We've been to Doc Magrogan's in the past and went with good expectations. The food was bland, overpriced, and service fair. Service and quality seems to be declining. We had a party of 6 and every person had at least one complaint about the food/service. How do you justify $28 for 4 scallops? Kale put on a plate with no seasoning? Fra Diavo that isn't spicy. Cole slaw that has no taste. Lobster roll without any flavor. These were just a few of our problems. I won't be making the 25 minute drive again to dine there.
- Good FoodDeliciousDined on 7/15/2014Worth visiting and most certainly recommend. The customer service was great.Special Features:
- A little disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We were taken right in to a table and then sat for over 15 minutes before someone came to wait on us. Once we were waited on waitress was great. Other surprise was the restaurant had no lobster. None. Also sirloin steak wasnt cooked how I asked for it. All other food and appetizers were great.
- Oysters, Oysters, Oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014If you love oysters and fresh seafood, this is the place for you! Always over a dozen varieties of oysters to choose from.Special Features:
- Doc'sNightoutDined on 7/12/2014Over all found the dining room actually very cold I wish I had a sweater to put on. I was very disappointed in the quality of the Ahi Tuna on both the appetizer and the tacos. Tune was very dry and fatty which suggest not the best quality was being used. My wife had the Lobster tacos and again found the lobster meat very tough and dry. Again suggesting that it wasn't all that fresh or over cooked. Drinks good my wife enjoyed her wine and the server had a good personality however he noticed we did not finish the tuna app and made a comment about the tuna appearance himself but made no attempt to ask or inquire more about it. That is were the serve now becomes responsible for poor quality.
- Great, fresh, seafoodDW22Dined on 7/9/2014This is our favorite spot for seafood in the Scranton, Pa area. Everything is fresh, not frozen. Service is good. Friendly staff. We love to get the oysters, but their description is not always not track, best to ask the server for their recommendation.Special Features:
- Very awesome experienceJulieDined on 7/9/2014We loved the appetizers drinks and the crabs. The desserts were fabulous too! We will definitely come again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, No ComplaintsFoodLovaDined on 7/5/2014Overall I had a good experience here. While the food did take a bit long to come out (granted they were at full capacity), it was very tasty. The restaurant seemed like a notch above Red Lobster but below a true fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc's SeafoodneodocDined on 7/5/2014Quite busy on Saturday night; glad we made reservations on opentable.com. Clam chowder was very thick, but should have more clams and less potato. Seafood platters were good sized, and reasonably priced. Somewhat noisy, but not at a level to inhibit conversation. Waitress ran my loyalty card, but didn't provide a printout of my new balance, nor did she offer to take off the available $20 credit from my bill; I'll use it next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodpopecko74Dined on 7/1/2014Our overall experience was good. Our server and the manager were awesome. The food, not so great. Appetizers were ok but the meals were sseriously lacking. However it was such fantastic and friendly service, we'll probably go back and try another dish. We had our 18 month old with us and he loved the chicken fingers, plus the server brought him an "appetizer" of fruit- oranges and cherries, then brought him more when he Ate it all before his dinner arrived. We thought that was incredibly sweet! The food may not have been to our liking, but please do give this place a chance. I had the lobster blt tacos and hubby had the fried platter. I ordered an extra side and didn't like it and they took it off my bill. Really cant complainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.