Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
7011 Shoppes Boulevard
Moosic, PA 18507Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.docmagrogans.com/moosic/
- Phone: 5703423330x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have on and off site catering to meet all your needs.
- Special Events: Every Monday Buck-A-Shuck $1 Oysters 4pm-10pm • Lobster Tuesdays with $16 per lb! • All You Can Eat Crab legs on Wednesdays 24.99
A word from Doc Magrogan's Fish Market
We developed our classic 1900's Oyster House as a way to pay tribute and homage to the great tradition of enjoying oysters, these little aphrodisiacs. We have spared no expense to create an Oyster House that transforms you back to a simpler time of food, fun, and merriment, in a local watering hole. It is our joy to serve you the freshest seafood, the finest handcrafted beers, and a superior wine selection!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Moosic ›
Doc Magrogan's Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)special occasion (34)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (11)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Birthday BoyLEvans1056Dined on 10/14/2014We made reservations for four for the big night and were not disappointed. We moved to three different tables because of physical restrictions of one of our party. They were very accommodating and the service was excellent. I did not care for the Grembalata (?) sauce as one of the choices for how I wanted my fresh fist prepared. But I did not send it back. The food was really good, very fresh and the birthday boy couldn't wait to get his taste of the oysters. He was delighted with them. The dessert was a great surprise, too. Chocolate Crème Brulee. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OystersOysterFanDined on 10/11/2014The oysters were great and the prime reason I chose to visit Doc Magrogan's The lobster tacos were a bit bland and would benefit from some more aggressive seasoningSpecial Features:
- Doc mcgrogansDebsreviewsDined on 10/11/2014A little overpriced for the Scranton WB area. Ordered Maryland crab soup and was disappointed, tasted like it was canned vegetables with barely a trace of crab. My partner did enjoy the lobster bisque. Main course of casher encrusted talapia was excellent and stuffed shrimp was also good but sparse in number. Service was very good. Bar area is very noisy and busy.Special Features:
- always a pleasurebaluchitherium5150Dined on 10/7/2014Always great food. We come here often but this time, i had to ask our server five times for our check before i finally got it. She was great other wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great dinnerLuvdoloysDined on 10/6/2014Once again, Docs is a favorite. Had a very pleasant evening, great service and good food. I think that our server was Carrie or Cara. She was lovely and very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention Oyster FansFroggyDined on 10/5/2014Doc's has the freshest variety of oysters in the entire state of pennsylvania! Fresh catch of the day is only available as 1 type of fish. There are several other selection such as mahi mahi and salmon. I would prefer to have a variety of fresh catch fish selections because one becomes tired eating the same fish that you serve. The greeters at the door, to staff who serves your dish; they are well-trained,always kind, considerate and helpfull. This a excellent restaurant for movie and meal date night. To tired after shopping,pop in, relax with a salad, fish dish a cool drink. You are good to go!Special Features:
- OYSTERSflyfishDined on 9/29/2014AWESOME. I went for the Buck A Shuck & wasn't disappointed. Great food,service & beerSpecial Features:
- Long waitGingerDined on 9/27/2014We always go here and have been very satisfied. On This particular Saturday had an unusual long wait between appetizers and dinner due to a "large tables" order. Service (waitress) was great but disapponted in long wait and food was not hot when arrived ( one out of four dinners even later than others). Place was not packed as we've seen in past. would have been nice if offered some comps but never offered. Will go back since we love this place but somewhat concerned this isn't a trend.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in NEPAPhillyguyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Many times here and always amazing. Better then Coopers Seafood in Scranton by far. Awesome oysters and fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Seafood/Great SpecialsUncleLlewDined on 9/19/2014Always quality seafood and great featured specials. And if you want oysters it's the only place in town to go!Special Features:
- Food and servicecatlady3Dined on 9/15/2014Our waiter was outstanding very knowledgeable about menu. My husband had the shrimp cocktail and I had fish and chips. Cocktail was outstanding fish was good but Not much taste to coleslaw. Fries were not hot. BUT the FISH was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFishinGuyDined on 9/12/2014There is nothing bad I can possibly say about this place. Wife and I both extremely happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Docs of MoosicFarrellDined on 9/6/2014What more can anyone say of this establishment other than impeccable in all respects. There is no comparison when it comes to seafood. Service is outstanding. Food is fresh. Drinks are awesome! Do me a favor and never go there. So that there will always be a seat open for me!Special Features:
- AlSMDined on 9/2/2014Had a great meal. My son had a friend who never experience raw oysters...now a convert! Great service and great food.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedPierceDined on 8/31/2014It took quite a while for our server to appear. I asked the price on the whole lobsters & no one in the restaurant seemed to know. I asked for the 3 lb she said they didn't have any! I took the 2 lb. still no drinks at this point. Someone started cleaning a nearby table, never finished it,left all the cleaning supplies and rag laying on the table and left. Not much ambience there. Our food for a seafood restaurant was poor. My husbands steamed combo, aside from the salmon was just ok. My lobster, which was supposed to be 2lbs was more like 1.5 & since they didn't clean it, none of the body meat was edible. Our server had to be tracked down for drink refills. We spent over $100 and I feel we were taken. We won't be going back again.
- Great OystersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I really like Doc's they have great oysters and other seafood. Plus good drinks.
- Been Here TwiceRickDined on 8/30/2014My wife got a long black hair in her entree. At that point her appetite was gone. Unacceptable for a restaurant of this status , even though I'll admit events like this are not 100 percent preventable. In my opinion they should have offered us coupons for future meals. I didn't raise any stink since it was our 20th wedding anniversary and she wouldn't want me to do that. She was a great sport about it, the staff was professional, didn't charge for her meal, and offered her anything free off the menu, she wasn't interested though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DispleasingMissTonyDined on 8/29/2014They changed their menu, and added dishes the cooks arent able to prepare. Rare steak medium well, salmon steak well done, not enough tableware, a lot of people running around doing nothing. The quality of the food from this restaurant has gone down really fast, oh by the way, the prices have gone up!
- BrrBearVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was frigid to the max. Many locals wore jackets, in August, because of the AC. Since we were on the road, in the summer, we had no jackets, so just shivered. Food was OK, but hardly worth freezing for.Special Features:
- good food in a terrible atmospheresurfnturfDined on 8/29/2014shrimp stuffed with crabmeat we enjoyed the lobster bisque soup and the appetizer of coconut shrimp was absolutely fabulous!the noise level was horrible the place is acoustically unfit.there is some music playing but you can't hear it over the noise of the service staff and the guests.I asked to have my filet prepared medium. It came well done quite a ways through the steak and very pink only in the middlewhen I ordered it I said medium and not anything more.I didn't want to bother to send it back and wait for another one because I just really wanted to finish my dinner and get out of there. It's not a comfortable or relaxing atmosphere the tables are rough and again the noise level is cacophonous
- A hairy scallopNoCajunFoodLSUDined on 8/24/2014There were 3 in our party, the food was really good. Until I found a hair embedded in one of my fried scallops. Two servers said they would get a manager, this never happened. It was no big deal, but someone should have talked to me. Put a little damper on what was a very extraordinary dinner.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodPinkDined on 8/18/2014Great raw oysters!! Dinner that followed was a special steamer pot. This was not warm and had to be sent back. By the time this was reserved everyone else at the table was finished. Not the special dining experience we had hoped!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerkalino1Dined on 8/13/2014This was my first time going to Doc Magrogan's. I will be back again!Special Features:
- ServiceANNIEVIPDined on 8/10/2014Must say the service was great. Restaurant was busy but our server kept up with her customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why having a reservation?BbyakaDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation at 5:15 prior to a concert starting at 7 pm in the nearby Pavilion. When we arrived at exactly 5:15 we were told that there would be a 15 minute wait to get a table. "We have a reservation", I proudly announced. "Let me check... Yes, you do. But we don't have a table available. We will have one in 15 minutes". Really??? When I asked to explain the difference between having a reservation and not having one the only answer they could come up with was "We are really busy tonight because of the concert". Wasn't a point of having a reservation on a busy night exactly that - to avoid waiting for a table??? 10 min later we were seated That initial interaction didn't set the right mood for the evening. But the food was greatSpecial Features:
- FANTASTICHAPPYDined on 8/9/2014We have been coming to the restaurant about once a week for the summer and have yet to be disappointed. We have not ordered the same thing twice and are working our way through the menu and so far fantastic and look forward to many more great mealsSpecial Features:
- Great tasting foodJandfsatisfiedDined on 8/8/2014Our meal at Doc's was absolutely delicious. The waitress was named Dana and she was great - very friendly and welcoming, quick to get back to us between courses, and really knew her menu. Food came out quickly and we loved every bite!! The only thing I would suggest is a little pop of color here and there -- little bland on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for what you get.UnhappyDined on 8/7/2014Anniversary Dinner. Reservation for 6:30 & seated immediately. It took over 30-35 minutes for our meal and it did not seem busy at all. Menu not very easy to read & does not state what you get with your meal. My filet/lobster dinner which did include red little potatoes & green string beans which was not stated on meal description & had to ask what you get with it) $34 dollar meal and you don't get a salad or soup. I had the salmon/shrimp combo with string beans & potatoes, $24 meal, salad or soup not included. I was still hungry at end of meal, that rarely happens when we go out to eat at a nice restaurant. Food was very good, but will look for another restaurant where you get more for your money, totally over priced for dinner meals.Special Features:
- Great all you can eat crab legsRed1Dined on 8/6/2014Nice night out with the guys. Great beers Great crab legs all you can eat, never had to ask for more, waitress just kept em coming. Nice salads good size and well seasoned.... Nice job Docs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProfessorDined on 8/5/2014The server, Olivia, was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the menu. Food came on time and was well prepared.Special Features:
- Doc Magrogan's - Always a Winner!seefooddietDined on 8/5/2014I've been to Doc's many times and the reason is simply because it never disappoints. Due to my work schedule, this is the first time I've been there in about a year. Being on vacation and Doc's being kind enough to email me when something good is going on, I made reservations for "National Oyster Day". It was pretty crowded, but my online reservation assured me a table even though I was 10 minutes early. I was glad to see it was as I remembered it with some new items on the menu - I always love trying their new creations! Being busier than normal slowed things down a bit, but our waitress Ashley was extremely pleasant, attentive and provided a great overall experience. Can't wait to go back again - even though it might be another year.Special Features:
- Was it just a bad day?BillDined on 8/5/2014Kind of disappointed with my last visit.. I always called this place my favorite restaurant in the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre area.. Not sure what has changed, but service was lacking, and food was disappointing.. Prior to this visit, it was a no-brainer when I got to choose.. Now, not sure if I will be in any hurry to go back.. Hoping it was just a bad waitress, and maybe the cook called off or something..
- Great Birthday Dinnerduodog2Dined on 8/4/2014Drink, food, and service were excellent. It was a great way to celebrate my husband's birthday. Best part of it all was his birthday fell on Buck a Shuck Nite so he was in heaven. He said the oysters were real tasty.Special Features:
- Never disappointsHAPPYDined on 8/2/2014Been here many times and have yet to be disappointed, one of our favorite restaurantsSpecial Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere and the food here. The cashew encrusted tilapia and the lobster tacos are wonderful here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snackwhybother12Dined on 7/24/2014The cease and desist fries are the best snack I have ever had. They had a heaping of crab sauce on top so no fries did without.
- Great Food and big Gluten Free listGFdinerDined on 7/20/2014I was so happy to find a restaurant while on vacation that can handle gluten-free without handing me a salad and saying that's all they had. the Gluten-free selections were more than half the menu and I had a wonderful meal and thoroughly enjoyed myself and didn't have to worry!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT!!!!!!HAPPYDined on 7/19/2014You know its good when you can't decide to go off the regular menu or choose a special, tonight it was the tilefish special with tomato chutney and a nice side of risotto, as always, never disappointed and the track record lives on, have never had a dish here that we didn't likeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014Fish and Chips were best I have ever had!!!!!!! Salmon was delicious too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than what we expectedSccallopLoverDined on 7/17/2014The place was FREEZING COLD!!! I ordered the scallops. Only 4 scallops on the place. Wings were GREAT. Wife got steak and shrimp. Very nice steak cooked exactly to order but only 4 shrimp. No salad with the meal only rolls. Service was super. We thought that the prices were high compared to the amount of food received.Special Features: