Doc Henderson's Restaurant
318 East 5th Street
Marysville, OH 43040Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Doc Henderson's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dochendersonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (937) 642-6661
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Friday: Lunch 11AM to 2PM Tuesday through Thursday: Dinner 5PM to 9PM Friday and Saturday: Dinner 5PM to 10PM Sunday: Brunch 10AM to 2PM Happy Hour Tuesday through Saturday: 5PM to 7PM at the Bar and On the Porch in the summer
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering to include, drop off lunches, full service dinner, special menu planning developed for each individual event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our six dining rooms, boasting pocket doors, allows for groups of 8 up to 60 to dine in privacy.
- Private Party Contact: Kay Jowitt 9376426661
A word from Doc Henderson's Restaurant
Historic, ambient, serving American Bistro-style cuisine. Your journey begins by way of our garden path. Boasting a red brick wrap around porch, the steps lead you to a prominently displayed plaque from the National Register of Historical Places. As you enter through the hand carved solid mahogany doors, you are greeted by a most dramatic wooden staircase. Our host is most anxious to share with you the history behind the civil war doctors mansion with it’s handcrafted woodwork, original fireplaces and pocket doors, that have been restored with 20th century sophistication. With a cozy bar, a well balanced wine list and private dining for 6 to 60, we invite you to come and join us for our fabulous cuisine with a focus on fresh seafood and hand cut steaks that is sure to meet all of your dining expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Doc Henderson's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013We have spent the last 4 yrs spending our anniversary there, we like the mood of the restaurant and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!pickyeaterDined on 6/6/2013This was my first visit, and Doc Henderson's was delightful. Service staff was great - not too much, not too little. The food is delicious, and I'm a picky eater. We will definitely return when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rustyrustyDined on 5/29/2013The food and service was wonderful. It was a delightful experience. I would definitely come back to this restaurant for other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was excellent exceptRalphDined on 5/18/2013everything was excellent except there was a longer than usual pause between servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live here in MarysvilleMimmerDined on 5/17/2013We live here in Marysville and eat here quite often. The food and service are always outstanding. Most of the staff have been there for years. The wine list and room have plenty to offer. I would say their selection can match any restaurant in Columbus! And they always have amazing/unique food specials. A great place in a small town.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunchpcnana3Dined on 5/12/2013Went for Mother's Day brunch and had a delicious meal, great service and awesome desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013I feel lucky to live so close to this restaurant. I likely visit 4-6 times a year, and am never disappointed. From drinks to appetizers to the entree it is all wonderful.Special Features:
- Excellent is the only wordOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2013Excellent is the only word to describe my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was the sitterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013The restaurant was the sitter place to celebrate my birthday. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Our server was extremely attentive but not too overpowering. We can't wait to come back and try more food. My friend is a very picky eater and he's really enjoyed his Spicee Cajun seafood dish. My chicken marsala was excellent. We have already recommended to our friends how lovely this restaurant is. Thank you for making my special day pleasantly memorable. Carole TurrinSpecial Features:
- This was our first time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/12/2013This was our first time here for dinner (I have been for lunch) and we had a great time. My husband ordered the pork tenderloin flatbread and I had the arugula salad for appetizers. Both were delicious. We ended up both ordering pasta dishes for dinner, which we rarely do, but both were fantastic. Full of flavor and large portion size so we had leftovers. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Our evening was very delightful,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Our evening was very delightful, had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, and the wine (both red & white ) was excellent. The steak I ordered was a little under cooked, I ordered medium rare, and the steak was more on the rare side. I'll eat either way but prefer medium rare. The other steak although we were informed had some fat, it was about half fat, and half meat. As for the desert we both got the impression that the complimentary desert would be for the wife only. As this was both our anniversary we didn't under stand this. Over all though we had a very good meal, and service. We went there last year for our anniversary, and had an outstanding meal, and service.Special Features:
- Great experience!BiffAndBuffyDined on 4/9/2013This was our first visit, and we were very happy with the food & service. This place is a gem in little Marysville!Special Features:
- Usually quite excellent, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We've been big fans of Doc Henderson’s for some time. Always our 'go to' place for special occasions. Always excellent service and food. However, we were a little disappointed regarding our meals this time. My wife's lobster bisque was just...OK, with no detectable pieces of lobster. And my fillet was not to the temperature requested (requested med-rare, but I think I got med-well) and the flavor was just...OK. I'm sure this was just an off night as we have had such excellent meals there in the past.Special Features:
- Great food,service and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013Great food,service and beautiful atmosphere.Will go back often.Special Features:
- Food was okay. Went for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Food was okay. Went for brunch on Easter Sunday. Not a thumbs down but not sure we'll return.
- Fine destination for DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Celebrated our 30 anniversary @ Doc Henderson's. It was a drive by sighting. While turning around the car, found them to have online seating and made reservations. Wonderful atmosphere, gorgeous setting, delicious food. Good table companions in the parlor room. Pleasantly surprised by the complimentary dessert from the restaurant in celebration of our anniversary. Our favorite, creme brulee with fresh fruit. We will be back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andBeckielooDined on 3/6/2013The food was excellent and the waitress very helpful.Special Features:
- Ours was a Friday night visit.SandyDined on 3/1/2013Ours was a Friday night visit. Quiet, soothing atmosphere in a beautifully remodeled 1800's home. Food was delicious. Lamb, tender and flavorful. Calamari appetizer was tender and crispy. Salmon prepared perfectly. Servings were generous. Server knowledgeable about the history of the home and even offered a tour. Very quick to get there from the Dublin area.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013Our dining experience was very good. The service was outstanding. The food was very good as well. The only complaint I had would say was that the stuffing in the salmon special I had could have been a bit hotter. But other than that it was good. The owner(?) was very friendly. She made an effort to have a conversation with us which was nice. We were celebrating a birthday and they brought out a creme brulee with a candle which was really nice (most places don't do that anymore). We would definetly go back.Special Features:
- Thought some of the descriptionsDlogan34Dined on 2/17/2013Thought some of the descriptions of the menu choices didn't match what we received....Belguim waffles weren't the thick deep pocketed kind but the thin type you'd get from a traditional waffle iron. The "stuffed" blueberry waffle was simply a waffle with some blueberries in the batter. Stuffed implied to everyone at our table that blueberries would be sandwiched between two waffles. The crab omelet was exceptional.Special Features:
- A beautiful setting with beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013A beautiful setting with beautiful food. We loved the leisurely pace of the meal - not rushed at all. I especially loved the chicken with apricot and brie - delicious! I have recommended the restaurant to a number of people already. Worth the drive from Columbus.Special Features:
- We love Doc's . It is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013We love Doc's . It is that small town local place but the food and atmosphere make it unique. Since it is local be prepared to wait for the food to be freshly prepared but that just makes you talk more to the one your with. Enjoyed very much.Special Features:
- Our first time for dinner,ChrisDined on 2/14/2013Our first time for dinner, very good food all the way around. Solid service and great atmosphere for Valentine's Day. Can't wait to go back and try the outside porch dinning!Special Features:
- Our experience at Doc Henderson'sTerryVIPDined on 2/9/2013Our experience at Doc Henderson's was quite positive. The food and service was excellent. The ambiance was good and the noise level was a bit loud but acceptable. The old building is nicely restored and adds to the overall charm of the restaurant. The portion size was generous and I am looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch. We will go back.Special Features:
- One of the best meals I everOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/2/2013One of the best meals I ever ate, from the appetizer through dessert.Special Features:
- It was our first time at DocOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013It was our first time at Doc Hendersons and we really enjoyed the atmosphere, food, and staff. We would return.Special Features:
- This was our third visit,JackDined on 1/26/2013This was our third visit, and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Great appetizers and they were half price before 6:00, so we had two! We will be back.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013We had an excellent dinner as well as did another couple in our party of four. This the second time we have eaten there and it was just as good as this time(and it was a group of about 18 people that time). This is some distance from where we live(Columbus, OH) but is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- The cinnamon squash ravioliXTineDined on 1/11/2013The cinnamon squash ravioli appetizer was to die for. The special, which included scallops, shrimp and steak, paired with potatoes and shredded brussels sprouts, was excellent. The three of us each had wonderful dinners and shared an excellent flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. The restaurant atmosphere was really cozy in that great old Victorian house, and our server was friendly and attentive, with a great sense of humor to make it feel comfortable and fun. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great food, service and overallKimberlyDined on 1/11/2013Great food, service and overall experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not a huge fan. However itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Not a huge fan. However it was a limited menu the night we went.
- Just what the Doctor ordered!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012I didn't know that when I made a reservation to Doc Henderson's that I would be reserving a table for the best meal of our lives! Wow it was great and we will be telling all of our friends!Special Features:
- We have now been there twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012We have now been there twice and they truly do a nice job. Worth the drive from Powell, Ohio.Special Features:
- Four of us dined at Doc Henderson'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Four of us dined at Doc Henderson's last week. They were not very busy but our meals were delayed by 1 1/2 hours. The manager apologized for the delay and comped our meals. Food was great and we will certainly return...
- We have always enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012We have always enjoyed the atmosphere there. However, after the last visit, I doubt that we would return. The place was not busy, and the service was extremely lacking. The food took forever to be served and with that, the quality was poor!! The ribeye steak was overdone and was very thin cut. The special was salmon and scallops--but had shrimp and unidentifiable fish mixed in. We had to ask for our bread, and recieved it after we finished our salads. Our server was not to be found for most of the meal. Very disappointing!!!
- This restaurant is about 50OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012This restaurant is about 50 miles from our home. We don't visit as often as we should, but it is always fantastic.Special Features:
- There was 4 in our group.mmkgigiDined on 12/14/2012There was 4 in our group. Each person loved what they ordered. The service was great! The restaurant was very nice!Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012From start to finish, an enjoyable evening. The greeter was gracious, the ambience warm and welcoming, providing an intimate experience in a charming setting. The waitstaff attentive and patient, giving us all the time we needed to decide on our courses. Great advice on the wine and well-spaced courses made the experience pleasant and relaxed. The food was excellent - particular cheers for the pesto encrusted lamb over the most interesting orzo, with asparagus perfectly cooked - and the creme brulee was a perfect finish. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- The venue has tremendous charmJLOHDined on 11/30/2012The venue has tremendous charm and the food was phenomenal. The service was absolutely outstanding. There is an extensive wine list. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Our third visit here and allOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2012Our third visit here and all three have been GREAT!Special Features: