Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
127 W Main St
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doccrows.com/
- Phone: (502) 587-1626
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Ton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
Doc Crow's showcases the culinary heritage of the South with a menu of traditional favorites and fresh seafood. The world-class beverage program focuses on America's native spirit, bourbon, and features excellent wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (52)fit for foodies (43)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (36)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (17)great for lunch (16)late-night find (13)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- happyDined on 11/18/2014our server Sonny was very knowledgeable, helpful and attentive all night the food was great tell Sonny we will ask for him the next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre service.bassgirlDined on 11/14/2014Tried Doc Crows after reading excellent reviews on tripadvisor. I ordered the half-chicken, green beans, and mac n cheese. Hubby ordered a sandwich. Everything was great, but the chicken was AH-MAZING! The server was less than friendly. It seemed as if the servers all thought they were "too cool for school." Also, had to settle for reservations at 3:15 b/c everything later was "filled" up...except when we left there were only a handful of people in the place. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatSharonDined on 11/7/2014I had the pulled pork and it was terribly fatty. Waiter wasn't very attentive. Overall very overpriced and won't return, was stunned that you actually charged for butter & sour cream for my potato.
- FencerfencerDined on 11/6/2014Fantastic BBQ! We always eat here when we are in Louisville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceSueMVIPDined on 11/5/2014The server was very knowledgeable about the bourbon selection and he chose very well for our table. The food was good and right across the street from the courtyard where we were staying downtown. Great find. The pork rinds were outstanding.Special Features:
- BR2goBR2goDined on 11/3/2014Simply excellent food! Everything done just right and your fork works to get every last morsel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Food was served instantaneously! Visit on the night of Paul McCarthy tour. It was wild, but Doc's did great job serving all the patrons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close but not quiteJtciiiVIPDined on 10/27/2014As a transplanted Southerner now living in California, I look forward to going to traditional Southern restaurants whenever I'm anywhere near the south. On this trip to Doc Crow's I ordered some my southern favorites, pulled pork barbecue green beans homemade mac & cheese and pecan pie.a ll the food was fine, it was just that fine. Everything was close, but it all lacked that extra punch of seasoning, flavor and attention to detail to really make it a great dish. Skip the pecan pie altogether if you know pecan pie from the deep south which is a Karo sugary goodness full of whole pecans. For whatever reason Louisville has decided that the pecan pie is crushed pecans in a mixture with awith a thick crust that believe me just does not workI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Great food and great service. The kitchen and surrounding area was immaculate. Our server was helpful and enjoyable. Will visit again when back in Louisville.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant!GoodexperienceDined on 10/22/2014We had a nice dinner at Doc Crows. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed their meal. We were there to celebrate a special birthday.i found the resturant a little pricey, but it is a great option for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always So good!BwooliesDined on 10/22/2014We are repeat customers and love to bring our out of town friends here. Always - Good food, service, atmosphere & prices....!Special Features:
- Okay this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014I find Doc Crows pretty reliable for New Orleans style cooking, with a foodie twist. The place tends to be populated by loud tables of four or more, so don't try to spend a quiet evening here. Service was both a little pushy and inattentive. Our water glasses were obsessively refilled but staff was slow to clear used plates and other duties. My catfish seemed a little soft rather than flaky inside and the remoulade was a little timid. Maybe the place pales after a few visits or maybe the cooking isn't as well practiced as it used to be. It is not bad food, but it not really spectacular either.Special Features:
- Was hoping for better shrimpArmyOfficerDined on 10/17/2014I am from North Carolina and know good shrimp when I eat them. I drove from Ft Knox and was hoping for some good shrimp...I was willing to pay $18 a pound (which is a bit much) for good shrimp but these were over cooked and I was a bit disappointed.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Great food a little on the pricey side but not to bad. Only bad thing was the stools were angled weird. Made you slide off them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide variety of delicious foodConstanceDined on 10/15/2014I recently took a group of 8 women, not knowing what they all liked to eat. Everybody found something they loved on the menu, & can't wait to return with their families.Special Features:
- Doc's OkayBuckbrush68Dined on 10/14/2014Pretty decent meal before heading out to a concert but probably made a mistake ordering the ribeye which was average at best. My wife and I go to Doc's for the sides and they really never dissapoint, and I love the fried oysters but on this visit they were a little over cooked. The crowd was obviously psyched for the concert in a couple of hours, so things weer a bit hectic but our server never really missed a beat. Next time I'll stick with the que, and double up on the sides; live and learn.Special Features:
- Amazing find!ShortyDined on 10/13/2014In Louisville for traing. My wife found this spot. Shrimp & grits were great, as was my poor boy! We started with mussels and some raw oysters, both were great. Don't miss this place if you are in Louisville.Special Features:
- amazing servicehappycustomerDined on 10/9/2014Our server knew we were trying to catch a show at the Kentucky Center for the Arts and we were running late due to traffic, she could not have been any more helpful and prompt. Wish we could have service like that every where.Special Features:
- deliciousluv2dineDined on 10/6/2014Bourbon, BBQ and oysters we're all delicious. Out of town guests loved the food and atmosphere as well. Save room for dessert. The ice cream was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MJRNBRDined on 9/30/2014Nice selection of oysters and very fresh. The brisket taco was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choicemeischetDined on 9/30/2014Docs is a great choice. Had dinner on business trip. Fortunate to sit in Bradley's section. His service and knowledge are bar none. He recommended some great bourbon and didn't steer me wrong with the brisket. Is was moist with a beautiful smoke ring. Baked potato was huge and peel and eat shrimp...awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern FoodPottsDined on 9/29/2014The food and service was great. Our server was friendly and fabulous. Our Talapia was great along with the Gumbo. I eish they would add Jambalaya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadUncleAlDined on 9/28/2014The food was just OK. My wife had pulled pork and I had the baby back ribs. Both entrees were extremely dry and over cooked. The sides were amazing and the burbon list was incredible. I would go back for another try, just to try more of these. Our service was also very good and attentive. All in all i would give it a 7 out of 10.Special Features:
- InfrequentDinerDined on 9/17/2014Awesome bourbon list and extremely knowledgeable staff. Had a great time. Try the peel and eat shrimp.Special Features:
- Great Theme, Work in ProcesswkmaysDined on 9/11/2014Doc's presents a great "old west" theme with its decor and menu, and our waiter (Bradley) was outstanding. The only disappointment was that our food came out cool, which was concerning giving that it came out to us pretty rapidly after ordering, making me wonder how fresh it was. They advertise themselves as a seafood place, but the selection is limited; would like to see more options. Great beer and bourbon selection. I certainly recommend you trying this place when in downtown Louisville. Loved being able to make reservations via OpenTable, that's a huge help in planning trips.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendoutoftownerDined on 9/8/2014Extremely impressed with the quality of the food. I will be returning.Special Features:
- What a Great PlaceMorrison1Dined on 9/7/2014We were visiting Louisville and wanted some place unique and interesting great food. This place has it all. Made our reservations online and very pleased with the user friendly site. Staff from the in the front and wait staff - all friendly and willing to talk. Each took an interest in us and helped to make our visit an experience we won't forget. The food was just incredible. Wilbur Sundae a delicious and unusual ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be better for the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Have been to Doc Crow's a number of times and each visit has gotten progressively worse. The servers are not friendly whatsoever. They act like they are doing you a favor to bring you anything. In my last two visits, I have chosen the brisket sandwich and also the pulled pork sandwich...both awful. I can't in good faith spend my hard earned money there again.
- Grea place. Never been let downalwaysgr8Dined on 8/31/2014This is our favorite downtown restaurant. Great food, atmosphere, and location. Whenever we can't make up our mind where to go.....we go to Doc Crow's. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Southern cookingJennkayVIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried Doc Crow's while on a family weekend trip. We had tried to get in on a Saturday night but the wait was over an hour and half at 8 to get a table. I made reservations for next night. Glad we tried again with reservations. The next night we were able to get right in with our Open Table reservations. My husband is very picky about his BBQ and his oysters. He loved every bite of his ribs and chicken. My brisket was flavorful and moist. The oysters were very tasty and our waiter was spot on about describing them to us. My kids received generous portions of pulled pork and chicken which was great because they ate it all. We will definitely be going back when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc Crow's is a downtown mustBigKahunaKyDined on 8/31/2014We needed good food, close to the hospitals, and a good diversion. Doc Crow's met all these needs very well. We went on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend - it was jammed - good thing we had reservations! One slight problem - the hostess took the wrong group to our table, but we got another quickly. Unfortunately, it was right across from the servers' table and the kitchen - loud and bright - but the food made up for it. Shrimp and grits - best I've had. Oyster po'boy - very nice. Others had nothing but positives about pulled pork, tilapia with shrimp etoufee, and catfish. Only food negatives - wedge salad was very small and lightly dressed (for $7!) - and fresh oysters were $3 each, which seemed pricey (but they were good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun local spotJaPryDined on 8/31/2014Good raw oyster bar is their claim to fame and they deliver big time. Really great oyster selection. The menu is good, solid bourbon ribs and chicken. Nothing terribly fancy but really good solid food. Staff was nice and friendly and service was pretty fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting for my birthdayAlabamaDined on 8/27/20141-10 on the food, I would say a 7. We had a group of 7 people and the food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Always good oysters and shrimp. Lima Beans are the best in town. Very Cold Beer!Special Features:
- Great spot to take out of town peepIcemans66Dined on 8/20/2014This is a can't miss selection. I've taken several groups from out of town to Doc's and they all have enjoyed the great selection of food, bourbon's and ambiance. The heap of chips and fried green tomatoes are sure to please! Go hungry as you will want to try a selection of app's. Great location for showing out of town guest some of the great things Louisville has to offer. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gerrie97VIPDined on 8/14/2014I wish I could remember his name because our server was fantastic!!! Great food and great bourbini drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 8/14/2014Parking is very difficult but there is a pay lot across street. Large bourbon selection. Did not serve non- alcoholic beer. Food menu was varied. St. Louis ribs very good. Don't order a martini up - only about 1&1/2 oz after shaking. Crowded and loud at 8:00pm. Reservation was honored without any delay.Special Features:
- classy yet casuald2vueDined on 8/7/2014A happening place with a southern menu. Enough choices to please most. Ribs were excellent. Great bar but standing area around bar competed with diners coming or going and servers doing likewise. But bar area is definitely the place to be if you are into people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnabettyeDonnabettyeDined on 8/6/2014We were placed in the back room at a table for 2 with other tables of at least 14 or more. It was so loud that my head actually hurt from screaming across the table. It was such a tiny table they could have tucked it in the upper area where it was not quite so noisy. Also, St. Louis ribs were good for about 2 bites then the dry rub was so spicy that it totally ruined the flavor. Never was it mentioned or told to is that they were so spicy. It literally ruined them for us. We got our first app before our cocktails even came. Then my husbands martini was warm and was actually a shot not a martini. I'd drank my wine bf his corrected drink made it back! All our other food was superb!!! Brisquet, Lima beans and sweet potato fries!!Special Features:
- The following 266 reviews are from the Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar reviews archive.
- Best bread pudding ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Our group of 15 had a great time at Doc Crow's. Everyone enjoyed their meals, I had the smoked chicken and cheese grits and they were delicious but the bread pudding was Devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.