Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
127 W Main St
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doccrows.com/
- Phone: 5025871626x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Ton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 Semi-Private dining rooms which can be rented out for large groups located in the back portion of our restaurant overlooking the KFC YUM! Center and the Clark Memorial Bridge.
The smaller event space has a 40 person seated dinner capacity and 50 person capacity for standing reception.
The larger event space has a 50 person seated dinner capacity and 60 person for a standing reception.
The adjacent spaces together have a 80 person seated dinner capacity and 100 person for a standing reception.
For more information regarding room rental fees, availability, and other details please contact our Events Coordinator at DocCrowsEvents@gmail.com
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Rhodes 5025871626x
A word from Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar
Doc Crow's showcases the culinary heritage of the South with a menu of traditional favorites and fresh seafood. The world-class beverage program focuses on America's native spirit, bourbon, and features excellent wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (66)hot spot (54)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (33)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (21)late-night find (18)romantic (17)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Grea place. Never been let downOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014This is our favorite downtown restaurant. Great food, atmosphere, and location. Whenever we can't make up our mind where to go.....we go to Doc Crow's. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Southern cookingJennkayDined on 8/31/2014We tried Doc Crow's while on a family weekend trip. We had tried to get in on a Saturday night but the wait was over an hour and half at 8 to get a table. I made reservations for next night. Glad we tried again with reservations. The next night we were able to get right in with our Open Table reservations. My husband is very picky about his BBQ and his oysters. He loved every bite of his ribs and chicken. My brisket was flavorful and moist. The oysters were very tasty and our waiter was spot on about describing them to us. My kids received generous portions of pulled pork and chicken which was great because they ate it all. We will definitely be going back when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doc Crow's is a downtown mustBigKahunaKyDined on 8/31/2014We needed good food, close to the hospitals, and a good diversion. Doc Crow's met all these needs very well. We went on the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend - it was jammed - good thing we had reservations! One slight problem - the hostess took the wrong group to our table, but we got another quickly. Unfortunately, it was right across from the servers' table and the kitchen - loud and bright - but the food made up for it. Shrimp and grits - best I've had. Oyster po'boy - very nice. Others had nothing but positives about pulled pork, tilapia with shrimp etoufee, and catfish. Only food negatives - wedge salad was very small and lightly dressed (for $7!) - and fresh oysters were $3 each, which seemed pricey (but they were good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun local spotJaPryDined on 8/31/2014Good raw oyster bar is their claim to fame and they deliver big time. Really great oyster selection. The menu is good, solid bourbon ribs and chicken. Nothing terribly fancy but really good solid food. Staff was nice and friendly and service was pretty fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting for my birthdayAlabamaDined on 8/27/20141-10 on the food, I would say a 7. We had a group of 7 people and the food was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Always good oysters and shrimp. Lima Beans are the best in town. Very Cold Beer!Special Features:
- Great spot to take out of town peepIcemans66Dined on 8/20/2014This is a can't miss selection. I've taken several groups from out of town to Doc's and they all have enjoyed the great selection of food, bourbon's and ambiance. The heap of chips and fried green tomatoes are sure to please! Go hungry as you will want to try a selection of app's. Great location for showing out of town guest some of the great things Louisville has to offer. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014I wish I could remember his name because our server was fantastic!!! Great food and great bourbini drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 8/14/2014Parking is very difficult but there is a pay lot across street. Large bourbon selection. Did not serve non- alcoholic beer. Food menu was varied. St. Louis ribs very good. Don't order a martini up - only about 1&1/2 oz after shaking. Crowded and loud at 8:00pm. Reservation was honored without any delay.Special Features:
- classy yet casuald2vueDined on 8/7/2014A happening place with a southern menu. Enough choices to please most. Ribs were excellent. Great bar but standing area around bar competed with diners coming or going and servers doing likewise. But bar area is definitely the place to be if you are into people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnabettyeDonnabettyeDined on 8/6/2014We were placed in the back room at a table for 2 with other tables of at least 14 or more. It was so loud that my head actually hurt from screaming across the table. It was such a tiny table they could have tucked it in the upper area where it was not quite so noisy. Also, St. Louis ribs were good for about 2 bites then the dry rub was so spicy that it totally ruined the flavor. Never was it mentioned or told to is that they were so spicy. It literally ruined them for us. We got our first app before our cocktails even came. Then my husbands martini was warm and was actually a shot not a martini. I'd drank my wine bf his corrected drink made it back! All our other food was superb!!! Brisquet, Lima beans and sweet potato fries!!Special Features:
- Best bread pudding ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Our group of 15 had a great time at Doc Crow's. Everyone enjoyed their meals, I had the smoked chicken and cheese grits and they were delicious but the bread pudding was Devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Drinkbubbaw74Dined on 7/23/2014Shrimp and pork sandwiches were delicious! We even had dessert - cookies and the bacon ice-cream thingie! Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisville GemMom2boysDined on 7/21/2014Found Doc Crow's while planning a vacation and what a gem it was! Atmosphere was great, service was top notch and the food was outstanding! Their smoker rocks! Smoked southern delicacies melt in your mouth! Even saved room for desserts, they are made to order! The bread pudding and key lime pie are fantastic! Highly recommend a visit to Doc Crow's southern Smokehouse and Raw Bar!Special Features:
- Some of the best BBQ ever!FoodieChapVIPDined on 7/17/2014I was amazed with the food at Doc Crow's. First they served raw oysters. Then when the sampler plate came it was off the chain! The brisket fell apart when I tried to fork it over to my daughter's dish. The pull pork was so tender and juicy. While I should have gotten the St Louis ribs, I got the baby backs and the meat just fell off the bone. We went as a party of 8 and then in the middle of everything added 8 more. Thanks to the staff for accomodating so we could all sit together. Server was awesome as he was on the ball and knew how to separate everyone's check. Wish we had something as good as Doc Crow's out here in the Bay Area, CA.Special Features:
- Do not skip dessertCapnGregDined on 7/13/2014The ice cream with candied bacon and pork rind was out of this World. What a combo of sweet and salty! Share with a group of friends plenty to go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceRRJRKYDined on 7/12/2014Really disappointed in the staff. Our waiter was fine but the manager argued with my wife about what her drink was made from. A vodka and diet coke was ordered but some other spirit with diet coke was brought to the table. When my wife asked for the correct drink, the manger tried to tell her it was in fact a vodka and diet coke. When our entrée was brought to the table, by a person other than our waiter, my plate was bumped against my arm and the plate was hastily dropped in front of me with no word of an apology and that person just left. That's when my wife and I got up and left, leaving our entrees on the table. I did tip our waiter as I thought he did nothing wrong in this situation. Our first visit was a great success. Not this time
- Pretty good food, excellent drinksMichael10003VIPDined on 7/10/2014The bourbon list is as wonderful as advertised and the service is smart and great. The food is all right: we ordered the smokehouse sampler and while the ribs were fantastic, the rest was dry (including the cornbread) and the sides were additional costs. I would say that it's definitely worth going here and is a great Louisville spot, but it's more of an American restaurant than a smokehouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the markWIbbqfanDined on 7/7/2014Read raving reviews on this place and was woefully disappointed. We were seated immediately, just past the kitchen. It took over 10 minutes for our waiter to arrive. While we waited, we noted that it was very hard to have a conversation do the noise level. We also found the booths to be very uncomfortable. I had read so much about this place, I was hoping for a knock your socks off BBQ experience. What a let down! The shredded pork was a touch dry. The ribs were decent but we were not fans of the rub, tasted better with additional sauce. The brisket was excellent, moist and delicious! The Mac and Cheese was dry, a major fail! The bourbon list was stunning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphere!NishDined on 7/6/2014We had our girls night out dinner at Doc Crow's and everyone enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the drinks. We all are planning on bringing family back to enjoy the experience as much as we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicemiltownbrewfansDined on 7/3/2014My husband is a true bbq gourmand and loved the combination platter. The sandwiches that the other family members ordered were good as well. The dessert was excellent as was the service. We will definitely visit on our next trip to Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well done07maxDined on 7/3/2014Table for eight seated and served efficiently. Food was well prepared and mouth watering. Barmen poured good drinks from a wide selection of brands. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RibsEnzoDined on 7/2/2014Husband and I enjoyed it all -- reception, cocktails, food and wine -- and price.Special Features:
- Great FoodJohnDeereDined on 6/22/2014I ordered Doc's sampler plate!!! What a meal!!! The brisket was AMAZING, the pulled pork was OUTSTANDING and the St.Louis ribs were EXCEPTIONAL!!! Not a bad bite in the whole meal. Really enjoyed the local beers also.Special Features:
- Delta Regional ConferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014We had a reservation for 2 at 5:30 , but we arrived with 3 and 30 minutes early. We were kindly seated and served a great meal. Everyone in the party was pleased with their menu selection.( Salmon and cornbread stuffing with spinach was excellent!) The restaurant was the talk of the conference.!!! I believe some attendee's had more than one reservation , during the weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!FoodieDined on 6/17/2014Every time I've been to Doc Crows, it does not disappoint. Great food, great service. They handle large groups beautifully also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food basic but goodStacyDined on 6/16/2014Food was basic but good; however, service was slow, unresponsive, and poorly planned. Would probably be better at the bar.Special Features:
- First visit to Doc CrowsBythewayDined on 6/15/2014We arrived at 4:45 for 5:00 reservations and were greeted with the announcement that they didn't open until 5pm and we could wait and form a line. It would have been great if they just welcomed us and asked if we had reservations, checked us in and let us know that they would start seating at 5pm. We were seated in the back of the restaurant with beautiful windows and high ceilings. However there were several families and larger parties and it was very loud. Our server was great. He was very knowledgable about the menu and had great timing. We ordered the Fried Green Tomatoes, Brisket, Catfish filet, Pork, and various sides. Everything was prepared well. Most items are very spicy. If you like spicy food, you will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but a little loudLiqueDined on 6/12/2014The food was great, the service was excellent and beyond reproach, but the noise level left much to be desired. It was very difficult to carry on a conversation without having to out-yell the surrounding tables. Maybe not such a great first-date place, but a place I would regularly return to with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FindSpecialNight229VIPDined on 6/12/2014Food very good , service was wonderful. Waiter made suggestions which were fabulous !Special Features:
- if you love Southern BBQMuttleyDined on 6/12/2014...you'll love Doc Crows. The BBQ portions were generous and done to a T. Big portions for the side dishes, too, and great variety of beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I recall...m2r2kDined on 6/11/2014Dined here June 2013 /lunch - quite tasty. Food was hot, ambiance was nice, & the noise level right for an active restaurant/rawbar. Tonight was different. I reserved a table & arrived early and was seated early. It took time to get water & things straightened, but the water was warm. I like "ice water" - as the meal wore on the water got colder. Ordered the sampler to try more of what the place offered. Once my order was taken it arrived sooner than expected, within a few minutes. However, it was warm... almost cool. The fries were actually slightly warm, but the meats were all either cool or just very slightly warm. I don't expect BBQ to heat my face off, but I do expect it to be at least above room temp. It was like the water.Special Features:
- Doc Crow's - June 2014HungryDowntownDined on 6/9/2014We ate dinner at Doc Crow's prior to attending a play and the Kentucky Center for the Arts. The food was excellent. We each had an entree (ribs & pork chops), shared a dessert (chocolate cookies a la mode) and tasted a few of the bourbons from the outstanding whiskey selection. Our waitress was very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. The manager came by as well to check on things and was very gracious. We enjoyed our experience very much.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We had made a reservation for 12. We were seated several minutes after arriving. The server did a good job. It was noted in my reservation that it was a graduation. It would have been nice for someone to comment on thatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Server did a wonderful job, she suggested some great dish selections that we ended up enjoying more than we thought we would have. Was very elegant and confident, very attentive to her customer's request. Thumbs up to her!Special Features:
- Great placeYankeesVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great burger and crab cakes, the home made chocolate chip cookies were worth the extra calories and wait. Amazingly good.Special Features:
- mkandf14Dined on 6/2/2014We made reservations and they were ready for us, even early which was outstanding. The food was delicious and the service was efficient.Special Features:
- Love this place!SherrDined on 6/2/2014I have eaten at Doc Crow's several times and each time the food has been excellent and the service exceptional. This last time I had salmon with sautéed spinach and cornbread stuffing. It was YUMMY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Concert Dinnerpickygirl3414Dined on 6/2/2014My friend and I had dinner at Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse and Raw Bar before Cher's show at the KFC Yum Center, and we had a wonderful experience. We were greeted warmly and seated very promptly. Our server (I'm so sorry I don't recall his name, because he was awesome!) was helpful and attentive, but not pushy. He gave us excellent recommendations for drinks, entrees and dessert. The Ginger Diver was excellent. I had the St. Louis ribs, which were so tender they just fell away from the bone. My friend got the blackened filet of tilapia and raved about that, too. We treated ourselves to the Key Lime pie, and I don't think we left a single crumb. We will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatndanDined on 6/2/2014Good barbecue. Convent to events at YUM center. Would have liked a later reservation but couldn't get one. Place was empty when er got there and had many empty tables when we left.I would recommend this to a friend.