Dobson's Restaurant & Bar
7116 MacLeod Trail S
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Dobson's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dobsonscalgary.com/
- Phone: 4032520511
- Hours of Operation:
This restaurant is now closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Harling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Dobson 4032520511
- Special Events: Please join us on Sunday May 13 between 10am-2pm for a delicious Mother's Day Brunch Buffet, Flowers for Mom, a photographer on hand to get a few family photos and a make your own waffle station low enough for the little ones to get creative! Reservations recommended.
A word from Dobson's Restaurant & Bar
Globally inspired, locally acquired is our philosophy here at Dobson's. We are committed to good food in a casually comfortable atmosphere. Every item on our menu is made in house right down to the rubs and delicious sauces we use, allowing us to customize over 75% of our menu for our friends with allergies, vegetarians or gluten intolerance. Some of seasonal favorites at the moment are our Poutine X 3, smokehouse stacked burger, steak bites and sticky toffee pudding cake smothered in warm caramel sauce. Location is close to Chinook Mall. Plenty of Parking is available. Kids welcome, kids menu available. Wi-fi. Large groups and walk in's welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dobson's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love that they feature localOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012Love that they feature local foods! Menu is very select.Special Features:
- I am celiac and Dobson's hasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2012I am celiac and Dobson's has an amazing menu that offers me a very wide variety of foods that I can eat.Special Features:
- I've been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012I've been to this restaurant before so I wanted to take friends there. I was very disappointed in the menu choices this time, the food was excessively salty, over priced for what I received, & it'd be nice if the entrees all came with veggies, since there isn't an a la carte menu.
- My son has Celiac's DiseaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012My son has Celiac's Disease and absolutly loved his chicken sandwich with the gluten-free bread. He said "This is the best thing ever!", yes he is 8 but still he really enjoyed his meal. Service and food were very good it was a good night.Special Features:
- Gluten free goodness!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012I love Dobson's! For someone with Celiac who needs safe Gluten Free food this is the place to be. I have the Fish 'n Chips every time I go, and have never been disappointed. They have dedicated fryers for the deep fried stuff that us celiacs never get to eat and the tartar sauce is amazing! They also have gluten free desserts!! That's a first for me, as no one ever has gluten free desserts. The servers are all friendly and knowledgeable and best of all the prices are really reasonable. This is the place to be for sure!Special Features:
- Good food and drinks,a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2012Good food and drinks,a bit more expensive then the average pubSpecial Features:
- I went early in the evening,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012I went early in the evening, I wouldnt say it was poor, but would definitly be better to go when its busy :) Burgers are great, served on large platters. Service is geared more towards T&A rather than skill or personality, but sex sells i suppose lol. Ill go back, one of the best burgers in town,
- Outstanding,it is like nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012Outstanding,it is like nothing else.Food is amazing. A must for you to try.Special Features:
- Dobson'sJDanDined on 5/19/2012The staff and management are fairly green, inexperienced and a little unprofessional. But the food was very good, and the place has a good vibe and lots of potential.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was slow )-:sandiceDined on 5/13/2012Went for Mother's day dinner w/ a large group. (15). There was only one other occupied table, apart from ours, in the front part of the restaurant with a large party too. We sat for approx 15 minutes with no service. When our server appeared she apologized for the wait and explained the reason that she was so busy was because the other table was the owner's table. If I was the owner, I would have been more concerned with getting my customers served too (drinks atleast) and would have encouraged the staff to not ignore the customers. I had read a few other reviews on Dobson's which brought up slow service issues. The food was really good, best fries, nice atmosphere. It's a shame priority on service doesn't appear to be high.
- Overall decent food. We hadfoodieVIPDined on 5/13/2012Overall decent food. We had the Mother's Day brunch. The food was good not overly amazing but it was $25 a person so for the money it was fine. The servers were green but very friendly and tried hard.Special Features:
- Sports Bar onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012This would make a good sports bar but that's about it. The seating is very cramped with bench seats back to back with the next table. Because of the tight seating, there is absolutely no way to have any kind of private conversation and it was very loud - to the point of having to talk over the people sitting at the tables around us. We went for mother's day brunch and the food selection was restricted exclusively to breakfast items with roast pork being the only lunch type of food - no vegtables other the vegie tray with dip, and the only potatoes were the pan fried cubes potatoes often served with breakfast.
- For their first Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012For their first Mother's Day Brunch, the food was generally very good, however it was a little disjointed to get to and you had to try and hold your plate, the lids to the warmer trays and serve yourself all at the same time. The service was very pleasant and efficient and made our experience a good one. The only thing missing was general beverages such as juice, tea and coffee and milk which one would assume would be present with a brunch buffet. Those needed to be ordered and paid for seperately.
- Great food with a very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Great food with a very pleasant ambiance: better than a regular "sports bar" but not a fancy restaurant. Casual attire to dressy will work here. Dinner was very tasty, I enjoyed it a lot.Special Features:
- A nice alternative to theMrCJVIPDined on 4/20/2012A nice alternative to the chains. Finding a parking spot out back is a challenge - don't give up. We found several spots out front. Walked in and ordered three appys to share. The atmosphere is pretty laid back, if you need to be out quickly, let them know I am sure they can accommodate. Food was delicious - Fries 3x is pretty original, apple smoked flatbread is a flavor explosion, and the tuna tacos were delicious. Moderately quiet, but good place for a couple of drinks and foods while watching your favoriite.Special Features:
- Celiac friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2012Fantastic food and service. Great for celiacs or gluten intolerant.Special Features:
- The food was really food;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012The food was really food; however the service was lacking. We had to ask for our bill and when we did get it no one came by to take it. We had to chase someone again. It seemed like we were always waiting for something. If you are in a rush don't go here.
- The food was typical Pub foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012The food was typical Pub food - a few interesting selections including the chicken parm sandwich. Good drink variety and enjoyed the suggested pairings in the menu.Special Features:
- Dobson's was a last minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012Dobson's was a last minute booking, chosen because it was on the list for "The Big Taste" Calgary dining festival. We had a little confusion with getting seated but that was the only glitch. Once seated the evening was fantastic. We were brought a complimentary "chef's creation" appetizer (some sort of fried wonton). I tried the "Big Taste" special menu. There was a choice of appys (I selected the crab cakes) and choice of main (I selected the shrimp & chorizo linguini) and a caramel pecan cake for dessert. My boyfriend ordered off the main menu and he had the goat-cheese jalapeno poppers and the 7oz Dobson Burger. He said it was the best burger he's ever had. Dobson's is an upscale experience at a reasonable price. We'll be back!Special Features:
- I have enjoyed many mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I have enjoyed many meals at Dobson's but the special menu for Valentine's day was less than spectacular. Also go for a higher level wine as their house wine is really quite poor. It is worth the extra for one of the better vintages. You also get a better pour. Overall Dobson's is a great choice instead of the pub scene, and the live music is great on certain evenings.Special Features:
- Prepare to wait being served foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Went there at 6:45pm and got served with appetizer (main course was served faster thank goodness) at almost 8:00pm and only after we whined being hungry :( Ordered wings and they were good, sizes bigger than in other pub like Schanks. Calamari was ok, but there are better ones like at Jack Astor's. Main course were fish&chips, lamb burger and lobster sandwich. Lobster was good as well as fish&chips like in other pubs and restaurants. Lamb was too pungent. It can be toned down a bit so it wouldn't taste too strong like eating a raw lamb. Server was really sweet and apologized for the long time we were served the appetizers. Noticed that even though it's a special occasion being Valentine's day, the restaurant wasn't full to capacity.Special Features:
- It was not a good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012It was not a good location for our group but nice for an intimate settingSpecial Features:
- Food was great, location convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2012Food was great, location convenient and service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Everyone was great! DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012Everyone was great! Definitely will be a regular stop for us.Special Features:
- The service was awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011The service was awesome food was ok, ambiance soso for a New Year Night, we'll definitely go back next time but not in New Year ThanksSpecial Features:
- The Fries x 3 is the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2011The Fries x 3 is the most unbelievable starter! To cap it off you must have the Sticky Toffee Pudding, we all melted inside from the first to the last bite. Best dessert I have had. Worth going just for that.Special Features: