DK Steak House
2552 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
DK Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dksteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (808) 931-6280
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jason Miyasaki
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering in private homes or off premises. All of our menus are customized to the client"s specifications. Please contact Ivy Nagayama.
- Private Party Contact: Ivy Nagayama 8089316280
A word from DK Steak House
d.k Steak House is a local Hawaiian Regional steak house specializing in Dry-aged steaks. We are O‘ahu’s first Dry-Aging Room where we dry age on premise ---which imparts a sweeter, fuller, and more robust flavor as well as tenderizing the meat. We use only USDA high-grade beef- Vintage Natural which has NO hormones, NO antibiotics, NO steroids, the beef is all natural. Our double broiler grilling process ensures high-temperature cooking that seals in juices and enhances the natural flavor of the beef. We offer classic sides dishes, and at d.k Steak House we also offer a beautiful sunset view overlooking Waikiki beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
DK Steak House - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
DK Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)fit for foodies (49)romantic (39)notable wine list (39)scenic view (31)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Suggest you set a reservation.SERiNODined on 11/20/2014Excellent Service starting with the Hostess. You'll see your Server, and then several food runners - water, bread, apps, etc. Food is fantastic, and served in "courses" - meaning they don't rush you along and don't put next course in until you're finished with previous. They do offer wine pairings with their dishes. We normally eat Sushi once a week at Sensei, which is DKs also, but tugs was our first visit to the Steakhouse. Establishment(s) are really top-notch. We ordered NY Strip Au Poivre. Awesome! Didn't notice if Pork Chops were available, but they are on the Sensei side. Best I've ever eaten. Crème Brûlée is off the charts. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choice for restaurant weekelscanDined on 11/20/2014DK Steak house had a great option for their restaurant week menu. service was excellent, food was even better. they offered a wine pairing which was excellent as well. plan to return to explore their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 dry age steak is to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014It was our first time there and we celebrated our 8th year anniversary. At first I was expecting like a really laid out table with roses and what not (like Ruth Chris and Mortons) however, table was candlelit only but that was okay and nice. We ordered the 30 day dry aged steak with fried rice and cream spinach and the monster shrimp scampi with linguine. It. Was. Bomb. Dot. Com. My boyfriend couldn't stop talking about the steak. It was so tender and delicious from beginning to end. The fried rice was good (reg local fried rice). Cream spinach was good as well. Shrimp scampi was awesome and huge, I'm a cream type food lover. Our server was excellent. She may seem new but she provided excellent service. At the end, she gave us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary and it was delicious (I forgot what it was called). Overall, it was a great experience to dine in at DK for the first time. Will definitely go again. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining experiencenachocheeseDined on 11/5/2014My ny strip was cooked perfectly. The Caesar salad was below average-too much dressing and the plates it was served on were too small. Our server was very smart but looked tense perhaps b/c she had a trainee with her.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Our server Natalie made our experience very memorable. Her service was awesome, very attentive and very knowledgeable. I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner and he absolutely loved it. We also received a free birthday dessert :) We will definitely be coming back to DK again.Special Features:
- Birthday NightOhhkneel68Dined on 10/26/2014Took my wife for her birthday and it was great. Got a nice table by the window with a nice view of Waikiki at sunset! Got away from our kids & enjoyed a night of just my beautiful wife and I. Ambiance was what I enjoyed the most. As far as the food, the Naui Onion Soup??? Mmmm-mmmm!!! Enjoyed the cream spinach! As for our 15 day aged steaks were not only nice and juicy...but HUGE! Both of us had to take both our steaks home! I think next time (and for anyone going)...ordering 1 and sharing it w/ your significant other would be the way to go. Also surprised my wife w/ a nice dessert for my wife w/ a candle : ) Server Paul was polite and personal and kept my water glass full! Definitely a great place for a romantic dinner...AND IT'S CASUAL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone Kindness Thank You!KoujiDined on 10/21/2014It was all employee kindness. Foods and Wines was so very Good! Especially the Sunset scene was so Very Nice.Special Features:
- 30 Day dry agedMWallaceDined on 10/20/2014We had to go with the 30 day dry aged steak. It really had an amazingly rich flavor and was incredibly tender. Don't fill up on the sides- they are somewhat disappointing. Go for broke on your cut of meat and the delicious desserts. Their lava cake truly flows goodness!Special Features:
- great food and service on the beachlove2eatDined on 10/20/2014had an amazing dinner here, started with a tropical cocktail and a beach view. tried the scallops appetizer, a ribeye oscar style and fried brussel sprouts and it was all delicious and served by friendly wait staff…. would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was horrible food tasted like straight pepper. Everything else just tasted nasty. The drinks were extremely watered down and the bill was 200 dollars for just me and my husband. It was a complete disaapointmentSpecial Features:
- Find out for yourselvesGummybug23Dined on 10/15/2014Absolutely love DK Steak! If you want an experience that leaves you feeling like you have gotten your monies worth this is the spot for you. Never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014DK Steakhouse and their staff was superb: I made a last minute reservation for my dad's birthday and to celebrate him being healthy enough to go out and upon arriving, they greeted us warmly. Once seated, the waiter wished my dad a happy birthday and mentioned that he was glad to hear about his health. I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions and the food selections are excellent, they even allow you to order from the Sansei menu!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014The service was the best I ever had at this restaurant. Server was attentive and was outstanding in making sure we were comfortable and satisfied. The server made this the most enjoyable dinner, and would love to come back frequently. Food was amazing, everything was cooked to perfection! Drinks were very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinerHappyCustomerDined on 10/14/2014So glad we dined here. 30-day dry aged ribeye was awesome and partner's Paniolo-style filet was one of the best she had. Birthday panna cotta, chocolate bomb lava cake and cheese cake desserts sealed the deal and we will be back. Kudos to our waiter, Josh who was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections. Thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014All around great experience! Service was great food was excellent and the wine list was amazing!! Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- csifbi23Dined on 10/8/2014Not only were the wait staff fantastic and patient with our slow ordering, but they also have us great suggestions and a free dessert for our anniversary. The dry-age steak was incredibly delicious, as was the specialty appetizer of thick cut bacon. I loved the chocolate bomb as well! The deliciously gooey center with ice cream... Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done!!!PJfrmSoCalVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have entertained at DK's a few times. It is one of my favourite restaurants to go to when I am in Honolulu.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSwimc33Dined on 10/4/2014We had such a great time there. Great meal and service. Perfect for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More for tourist than localsHawaiiKaiDined on 9/27/2014Noise level was louder than normal. Booths were uncomfortable with no padding or cushion. Not the same atmosphere as Hys or The Signature. More on par with The Chart House
- Excellent foodEnjoyfoodDined on 9/24/2014I did not try the dry aged steak because they only cook them to medium rare temp. I did have the 8oz filet and two lobster tails. They were both excellent. The meat melted in your mouth and the lobster was sweet enough without adding butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged Steak @ WaikikiBmwmasterDined on 9/23/2014Looking for a really good Steak brings US to this place at Waikiki. Because of online-reservation by opentable, we're able to grab our booth (as recommended in the comment to the reservation) with only a 3min. waiting. The boothes are very private and thats, what we're looking for. Our waitress was a little bit of shy, but friendly and helpful. Because we want to enjoy the entrees, we quit ordering a starter. The Dinner was served quickly: Petit Filet with mashed potatoes and asparagus // 15 days aged Bone-In Ribeye with sweet potatoe-fries. The meats were awesome delicious, the sides are big and enough to share; for me the mached potatoes are made with a little too much garlic. After all we ordered an apple coppler to share.Special Features:
- Go for the dry aged rib eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Came here on a recommendation from a friend in California. Service was great! Crab cake was raw in the middle. (The size of a cue ball!) bresaola carpaccio was fine, the salad garnish was so overdressed! Prawn cocktail was good. How can u mess up boiled jumbo prawns. The Caesar salad was so over dressed I grabbed a fistful of it and squeezed out so much dressing, just to show the waiter how overdressed it was. Although he didn't notice. 30 day dry aged rib eye was great! Veggies (carrots and zucchini seemed frozen) potato gratin had no salt or pepper, only bitter roasted garlic. Chocolate bomb was great! Free ice cream to our baby from the server... Nice touch!Special Features:
- Great Food!tfromrokDined on 9/21/2014Awesome Steak!!! and great recommendation for food from the staff.Special Features:
- 2mcdineoutDined on 9/20/2014This was our 2nd visit and they provided excellent service and food without fail. We were warmly greeted by the hostesses at the entrance and immediately seated shortly thereafter in a nice booth. The server provided menus and took our drink order right away. Recommendations from the server were given to us which helped. The dishes from appetizer to dessert came out in a timely manner with hardly much wait in between. The dry age steaks were EXCELLENT!!! Large portion - couldn't eat it all and was glad I could take it home and enjoy it as a 2nd meal the following day. We ended the evening with a complimentary dessert of panna cotta since we were celebrating our anniversary-it was a nice touch - thanks DK Steakhouse!Special Features:
- What an experience!firsttimetryDined on 9/19/2014Heard from some of my friends about DK Steak house and decided to try it. Took my family there for my daughter's birthday. The service and the food was Outstanding!! Although I brought in my own wine, their wine selection is excellent! We've tried the Morton's and the Ruth's Chris, (we never went back --even for a special occasion) but DK Steakhouse is on our list for a repeat visit! I think it's the ambiance and that local "Come inside" make yourself comfortable feeling that tops this place over Morton's and Ruth's Chris. And the one thing that I was thankful for was the A/C was just the right temperature. The last time we ate at Morton's, we were all fanning ourselves because the A/C was turned up! Not a good environment for dinner!Special Features:
- Awesome steaks!Love2eatDined on 9/16/2014Second time being at this restaurant and the 30 day dry aged steaks are the best! Had the truffle crouquettes and it was tasty as usual! Can't wait to go back again! Server was good but could've been a little more personable. Hostesses were very friendly and gives a good first impression of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious steak with nice servicekymyDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed their fillet which was so soft and tasty. Their wine list was so extensive, whichwas also plus. But you cannot expect nice dessert.Special Features:
- Not fine diningOceanPrimoVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you are going to charge fine dining prices, you have to provide a nice atmosphere. Menu covers are similar to a casual breakfast/lunch restaurant, interior atmosphere reminds me off a casual, chain restaurant and the bar area is old and archaic. If you can sit outside do it. It's the only atmosphere the restaurant has. Entering the restaurant is not easy and you have to walk by the pool to get there. Food ok. Not worth your time if you are celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great variety, well preparedJiSchiDined on 9/10/2014Something for everyone - steak, sushi, seafood. Locally owned.Special Features:
- half fullkkobay01VIPDined on 9/9/2014girl server had no personality. our water was empty and had to ask for it to be filled even after she brought us our wine. wanted to take away our plates too soon. manager on duty not very attentive of the guest. I guess they were short of staff. Since being there last year, the service had gone down. Guess will not make it another time.Special Features:
- wonderful place to dine in Waikiki.AmericanSteakLoverDined on 9/9/2014Every time , our family vacation in Hawaii, DK is one of our favorite place to visit. The foods are so good, recommended wines are so good and hospitality is also so good. We love American Steak, and DK is one of the best steak house. The signature aged beef is excellent, and Hawaian Beef is also wonderful. We will visit DK again on next vacation in Hawaii.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional experienceLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely sensational. Everything was cooked and prepared to perfection. The changing daily specials keep the menu fresh, but without losing our favorite standbys.Special Features:
- Good food but...jackodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I eat out at least 3 times a week and was looking for a steak place I hadn't tried yet and found this one. The food was good, as expected without disappointment, very traditional. The two negatives are the wine list and parking. The wine list had very few merlot and cab which I found strange for a steak restaurant. The parking was $37 for 2 hours and $12 after validation. No other find dining place in the area charges for parking with validation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MitchVIPDined on 9/2/2014Definitely would do our anniversary dinner here again! Steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Always a good choicesheiksanDined on 8/31/2014We've been to DK Steak House a few times and this last time did not disappoint. The combination appetizer included crab cake, blue fin sashimi and wagyu beef which were all excellent (also included shrimp cocktail that had great large prawns but the sauce was unimpressive). We tried the pork shoulder instead of the dry-aged beef and it was pretty good, but I definitely think the rib-eye is their best choice if you go here. The wines are extensive, very good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Amazing!AlyBel81Dined on 8/29/2014Speechless! Possibly one of the best steaks we have ever eaten. Service was impeccable (chang). Desert was melt in your mouth. Great variety on the menu. Would recommend table outside as quieter then inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownMojoDaddyDined on 8/29/201430-day aged 22 oz rib-eye steak is simply the best in town. Service is outstanding. My birthday dinner with my wife was very memorable. Came here for the first time last year for my birthday and hope to return again real soon. Prices are comparable with similar fine dining restaurants. As a final perk: free validated parking for the first three hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksWaktDined on 8/22/2014Had the 30 day aged rib eye, as usual very tasty and tender. We celebrate special occasions here because of the aged rib eyes. Had the potato croquettes and cream spinach sides, very consistent. Joshua was a great server, very attentive, knowledgeable, can tell he likes his job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak I'd been looking forPhantomscribeDined on 8/17/2014I had been googling steakhouses in Waikiki for a week trying to find the best one. In the end, I couldn't decide so just picked DK. I wasn't disappointed. Great aged beef, great wines, and pretty good service. On the expensive side, but everything in Waikiki is compared to Australian prices and the quality of food and service make you feel it's worth it. Only negative was that I had a booking for 7:30 but had to wait ten minutes before being seated ( only three quarters full at that stage), and then it took another 30 minutes before I had a drink in hand! Oh, and the bread sticks were kind of tough/ uninspired but the garlic butter was nice. Good steaks and sides and decent wine list. Would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaksFatNHappyDined on 8/9/2014Being a past resident of Hawaii and multiple returning Waikiki visitor I was hesitant to try somewhere new to eat. I hate the thought of spending a lot of money on a meal I don't enjoy. Not the case with DK Steaks. Best steak I've eaten in years. Fantastic ocean view. I will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.