1825 Sutter Street
Concord, CA 94520Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.djsbistro.net/
- Phone: 9258253277
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Jaroslav "Jerry" Sedivy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (patio only)
- Catering: For further details, please call restaurant and speak to Jaroslav Sedivy 925-825-3277.
- Entertainment: Periodically - please get on our email list for further details.
A word from DJ's Bistro
Come and enjoy delicious food brought to you by our chef from the heart of Europe.Continued
We proudly serve traditional dishes from Bohemia with some specialties from Germany and Poland.
We proudly serve traditional dishes from Bohemia with some specialties from Germany and Poland.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DJ's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- No desertsclmstr44Dined on 4/16/2014We took our German neighbor friend to DJs Bistro to clebrate her birthday. The service was good, food was authentic and good, portions of meat were generous. A little disappointed in no deserts or recognition of our friend's birthday but still worth a return visit someday.Special Features:
- The food was great with largeglovesmVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food was great with large portions, we loved the bread. We expected better service for a large party, but there was only one waitress and a lot of tables came in at the same time. Still, it took at least 10 minutes to get water and at least 15-20 to order food. It is not a good place for a work lunch because of timing.Special Features:
- good German mealcelebr8Dined on 2/21/2014The food was very good. Portions are very large. Have the soup which is homemade and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the rough!BoilerManVIPDined on 2/20/2014My brother in-law turned me on to this gem. Made reservations but was running late. Called the restaurant and the lady that answered said it's ok and drive safe. We got there 45 minutes late and they were busy with a large group! Service was a little disorganized for the large group ahead of us but we were in no hurry. The portions are large and the food is good. I had the Jaeger Schnitzel next time I'll order the small portion. We all took food home. The restaurant is fairly small but it has a homey feeling and the service must be the owners as they pay close attention to the food and make sure you don't leave hungry. Which is impossible at this place from what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They work hard for their $PoorMaxDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's Day i snot probably the best night to do a complete review...HOWVER, as a frequent visitor, this place rocks. The staff work their butts off, the food, once ordered comes out fast, hot and wonderful. THE BREAD ROCKS!Special Features:
- Hidden, but good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014We were looking for a place to have some good schnitzel and found this place on yelp. We made reservations for valentines day and when we arrived we told the hostess we had reservations and she informed us that we would have to share a table with two other people because they only had tables for 4, despite having reservations. Not very romantic for Valentines day and that almost ruined the night. Since we didn't want to wait we agreed and lucky for us since we were first at the table no one else wanted to share (I heard the same offer made to others). Service was slow, I only saw one lady and one man working the entire place but they were kind. I would hope they would staff a little better when they know how busy they would be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation not honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a reservation for Valentine's dinner. When we arrived, the restaurant was full and we and another couple were totally ignored by staff for 15 minutes. When we walked to the back and inquired about our reservation, the surly pair working the front of house and bar (owner and spouse?) told us "the other customers are taking too long, what can we do?" and then kicked us out when I asked if that excused ignoring customers completely. They seemed overwhelmed and willing to blame the customers for all their problems.
- Excellent foodRickDined on 2/13/2014We enjoy German food. The food at DJ,s is excellent and the portions are large. It is a small and cozy restaurant.. We normally go with another couple and it is easy to converse and they are not trying to push you out the door when you are done eating. We normally go early to avoid the crowds and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good schnitzel!jaz2020VIPDined on 1/30/2014Introduced a friend who works nearby to DJ's and she was thrilled. We are Speisekammer fans and so were happy to find that we could get good red cabbage and a fine Jaegerschnitzel here in CCCty during lunchtimes. This is an old-style place, with low-key atmosphere and butter wrapped in foil, so don't expect a rockin' biergarten. Set in a mini-mall within commercial building area across from Fry's/99 Ranch, it's a place to stuff yourself with a giant schnitzel or a hearty goulash for your one-hour lunch. They have a good crowd of older regulars, so if you're bringing more than four of your co-workers, reserve one of the few larger tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TiggyDined on 1/23/2014It was my first time trying the food here and I wasn't disappointed. The service was friendly and fairly quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For anyone who loves German foodjaz2020VIPDined on 1/15/2014We are fans of Speisekammer/Oakland, but the one thing they fail on is schnitzel (actually Austrian). The best schnitzel is Cafe Europe/Santa Rosa, but DJ's does a very good job, with humongous portions. Get the 1/2 portion and the greaseless breaded cutlet covers most of the oval plate. Get the full portion and you get two of these monsters! A little bit of brown mushroom gravy, red cabbage in apple cider vinegar, and mashed potatoes make a massive serving. Goulash is a little harsh with paprika but also a nice-sized serving, spouse loved the pan-fried spaetzle with bits of chopped ham. A fun, old-fashioned, low-key foray into an almost-forgotten European cuisine that was once commonplace in US cities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great PeopleToxicBobDined on 1/14/2014The food and all the people working at DJ's are great!! Jerry puts out great food both for lunch and dinner. A quaint place for a great meal. And don't forget the soups, they are fantastic. You will come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite German restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/29/2013Prices are great, quantity is impressive, they have great German and Czech beers on tap, the food is amazing - we have had every dish including the specials, and daily soups, and never disappointed. Can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great German style food !Ede7722Dined on 12/21/2013First time at DJ's Bistro. We had made reservations and were seated as soon as we entered the restaurant. The waitress was very nice and made sure we were happy with the table. The restaurant has a European feel to it and was very cozy. We ordered our food and were shocked when it arrived. The portions were gigantic! To say you get your money's worth is an understatement. My wife and daughter had the BOHEMIAN SAUERBRATEN which was delicious. I ordered the JAEGÉR SCHNITZEL and my other daughter had the BAVARIAN CHICKEN. Each meal was exceptional and we were quite pleased. I would strongly recommend DJ's Bistro to anyone looking for some hearty, delicious, inexpensive German cuisine. We greatly enjoyed our experience DJ's Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definate hidden gem! Fantastic!!NapabethDined on 12/5/2013I've been coming to DJ's now for a couple of years, and I've got to say it's one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. Being from Napa, I frequent so many fabulous restaurants, but I always look forward to dining at DJ's. If you're looking for a real meal - not silly or trendy - then this is the place. Their house salad with dill dressing is wonderful, but if cabbage soup is the soup of the day, I'll go for that. I've eaten almost everything on the menu, and I don't think I have a favorite. The weiner schnitzel, jager schnitzel, sauerbraten, goulash and port roast all all exceptional. Love the red cabbage. And the spaetzle is fried with bacon, which is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKirsitaDined on 11/24/2013I made reservations well in advance for my husband's birthday. There were 7 of us that would be dining that night. When we got there, they didn't have a table ready for us. To make matters a little worse, they had to ask people at another table to move to a second table so they could accommodate us. I was a little embarrassed by that as I would never want to disrupt other people when dining. While we were eating we saw that it happened again...people were asked to move to another table to accommodate people walking in the door. Overall, the food was good but not fantastic. The noise level was on the higher side. I'm glad we came to check it out. Not sure if or when we'll be back but I would encourage others to check it out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wunderbar!UPSdadVIPDined on 11/13/2013This is the place to go if you are looking for authentic European cuisine in central Contra Costa. My jager schnitzel was very tasty. My wife loves duck, and was extremely happy with the duck she was served here. The portions were huge so be ready to carry some home. Even thought the one waitress working on this Wednesday night was very busy, she provided outstanding service and still had time to make us feel welcome. We are looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- best secretSteveVIPDined on 10/11/2013Best neighborhood restaurant. We had a great time.plan to take all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a Weiner Schnitzel-holicWeissenseeDined on 9/25/2013I am a Weiner Schnitzel-holic and DJ"s did not disappoint. The only thing that surprised me is that we weren't ask if we would like an after dinner coffee? Oh well....still a fun experience and good food.Special Features:
- Dinner @ Dj's BistroMikeDined on 9/13/2013Concord is lucky to have this place. They do a great job of serving up some tasty European dishes. There was just one waitress servicing tables, but DJ's is small enough that it wasn't an issue. Czech and German beers on tap.Special Features:
- Still an amazing gemMendoDined on 8/17/2013We've been going to DJ's for years. It is like dining in a neighborhood restaurant in Prague, far from the tourist mobs. Good draft beer, good traditional Czech-style food, and reasonable prices relative to San Francisco. Come hungry. You won't go home hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Crepe FusionDiabloTonyDined on 7/5/2013The crepes were good but the fillings quite poor. My Thai crepe was pepper hot but kind of flavorless. My wife's yellow curry crepe was also flavorless, but the buckwheat crepe itself was excellent. The ambiance was minimalist to say the least. Prices were reasonable. The smoothies were inexpensive, but also flavorless.
- A Real GemToxicBobDined on 6/29/2013DJ's is a real gem located in Concord, CA. The food is superb with dishes you will want many times over. Give it a try and I swear you will come back with friends and tell others about it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concord European vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/15/2013Stepping into DJ's Bistro is like teleporting to eastern Europe. I do believe we were the only English as first language folks in the restaurant. The people are friendly and welcoming, service prompt and attentive. Good, tasty and hardy food is the order of the day at DJ's. Portions are plentiful. This is certainly not a Michelin rated establishment but is does offer good, solid food with a European flair. You will thoroughly enjoy a casual dinner at DJ's Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant changeShortNSweetDined on 5/12/2013DJ's Bistro is a pleasant change from the usual chain restaurants in the local area. It is a small restaurant located in a small commercial area, which means in the evenings there is plentiful parking and it is quiet to eat outside, as the other businesses have closed. The food is wholesome and there is plenty on the plate, and not a french fry in sight! The atmosphere and staff are friendly. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2013This is hearty fare. We were warmly greeted by the owner as we arrived The bar had a group of lively laughing people watching a soccer game and drinking beer. I ordered the more flavorful hops beer on tap. Two of us started with pea soup with mushrooms. It was delicious. The Monrovian Roast (pork) with spatzel, red/white sauerkraut was tender melt in your mouth. The Jagershnitzel was two huge pieces of breaded and fried pork cutlets over red cabbage. Those went home in boxes. The Hungarian goulash was delicious chucks of pork or beef in a peppery paprika sauce. Portions are generous. Recommended if you like Sauerbraten, Hungarian Goulash and other types of hearty eastern European food done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food was delicious. Service was prompt. Waitress was friendly and cooperative.Special Features:
- DJ's has become one of ourToxicBobDined on 3/26/2013DJ's has become one of our favorite places to have lunch or dinner. The service is always friendly and attentive. We have brought our friends here on several occasions and continue to recommend DJ's whenever possible. A great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- The food was very good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013The food was very good!! It was bit too warm in the restaurant!Special Features:
- DJ's is a gem hidden in Concord.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013DJ's is a gem hidden in Concord. If your looking for feel good delicious european food, this is the place. Small, cozy and friendly, you feel like family here. The food is so comforting and yummy, we go almost once a week. I recommend this for special occasions, weekly family dinner and anytime your looking for a "comfort" food fix.Special Features:
- If you want taditional germandOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/26/2013If you want taditional germand and Czech food very well preapred, this is it. Small menu but authentic and portions are big. Price is very resoanble, like $14-16 entres for a whole half crispy duck... we've been looking for a place like this for years. Owners are very nice and service fast. Tiny so you might have to wait if you hit prime time. We went at 6:15 on Saturday and got right in with reservation... taking all our family and friends ASAP..Special Features:
- Zeit für das Abendessen!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2013DJ's reminds me of the old Black Forest restaurant of my youth, where the german community living around Los Altos would frequently gather for old country food and camaraderie. Hard to find good german food anywhere out here ~ wonderful to find restaurant that reminds you of Oma's sunday dinners. Love this place :)Special Features:
- A great European experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012A great European experience! I felt like I was in the Czech Republic again. I heard different languages around me and the food was amazing. Nice portions for the price. I've added DJ's to my list of places to frequent!Special Features:
- Always great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Always great food and service! We feel like we could be dining in Europe!Special Features:
- This is a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012This is a great neighborhood restaurant. Food, staff, beer, all superior qualitySpecial Features:
- A little bit of Eastern EuropeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012Great food, great beer, reasonable price. My friend from NY said it brought back memories him of his mother's Polish home cooking. There's always a group of regulars at the bar and a soccer game on the television.Special Features:
- Good German fare with a hintOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2012Good German fare with a hint of Czech. Very good service. The beer was very good. We enjoyed a nice rich dark. Dishes were tasty and mostly traditional. DJ's is a smaller establishment but comfortable. Would recommend a trip to DJ's. Oh by the way, plentiful of convenient parking.Special Features:
- Otherwise, this is a realOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Otherwise, this is a real neighborhood gem. The food is great and they have a few good beer choices that really compliment the menu.Special Features:
- Pleased to see Monica as ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Pleased to see Monica as our server. The other gal is very slow and forgetful. see you next time Ivan 925 914 1245Special Features:
- The food was amazing and exactlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The food was amazing and exactly what I wanted at that time. Reminded me of my time in germany and austria. My husband and I will definitely be back.Special Features: