Djon's Steak & Lobster House
522 Ocean Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32951Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Djon's Steak & Lobster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.djons.com/
- Phone: (321) 722-2737
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm Sunday 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Marcel Szelag
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties Pharmaceutical Dinners Rehearsal Dinners Wedding Reception Corporate Functions In-house AV Equipment
- Private Party Contact: Jason Stokes 3217222737
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Monday thru Saturday. Jazz Trio Friday & Saturday nights 8PM.
- Special Events: Djon's Steak & Lobster House is the perfect place to hold your special event. Whether throwing a birthday party for 10, a business lunch for 30, or a private wedding for 200; our courteous and attentive staff will make your event memorable.
A word from Djon's Steak & Lobster House
A fine dining experience in Melbourne Beach. Djon's offers classic fine dining plus a wonderful, fun piano bar with live music every night. Djon's Steak and Lobster House offers a sumptuous menu with Certified Angus Beef steaks, lamb chops, veal chops and seafood. Classic favorites such as the steamed lobster and filet mignon keep customers coming back while new flavors such as the lobster mac 'n cheese and the jumbo stuffed shrimp soppressa keep the menu flavorful and eclectic. Join us for dinner or stop by and have a drink at the Red Shoe Bar and Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Djon's Steak & Lobster House - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Djon's Steak & Lobster House reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (19)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice evening at DjonsjindenverDined on 11/11/2014Had a very nice relaxing dinner at Djons in Melbourne. The food was delicious and the service was very good, we all enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limo204OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The food was disappointing this time. Ordered the same thing I had the first time we went the lobster was way over cooked and the steak under cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as usualGoodsmillDined on 10/25/2014This is a great, non chain, local restaurant. We have eaten here many times. The atmosphere is wonderful, food divine and service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town!GoodDined on 10/17/2014This is the second time we have dined at Djon's since we bought our house in MB this summer. If you want superior food, service and atmosphere this is the restaurant for you. This is as close to perfection as you can possibly get.Special Features:
- Poor Richard's no morefaginVIPDined on 10/16/2014Over 20 years ago, I had enjoyed a restaurant called Poor Richard's at this same location. As an out of towner looking for a familiar place to dine, I was disappointed to see that it no longer existed, and grudgingly decided to give Dejon's a try. Pleasant surprise! Better than the old place, and with a live piano player and terrific bar and lounge. We arrived late and sat at a corner table near the bar to listen to the piano. Our server was friendly and attentive. We ordered the 8 oz. filet and the duck. The filet could be cut with a fork, and the duck was juicy, plentiful, and delicious. Nether meal could have been better. Don't pass this place up if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Djon'snjdonDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and food in an upscale but very comfortable environment. The maître d' was particularly welcoming and helpful while the front bartenders were gracious and very good at their task. Would highly recommend Djon's for a upscale night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak but noise level too loudStaceyDined on 8/30/2014We were back for a third time because we enjoy a good steak. I had noticed in the past the place was loud but overlooked it because the steak is phenomenal. This time the noise was over the top and it ruined our dinner. I think it's back to Scott's on Fifth for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gem!Delish1VIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my mother in-law's 80th birthday last Sunday and all of us were very pleased with our dining experience. Our waiter (Jeff) was wonderful and I felt like family by the end of the meal. He understood our timing to sip on a speciality martini before dinner with out rushing us. He was also very attentive and patient with the birthday girl. We certainly will be back.Special Features:
- Poor managementLuv2dineDined on 8/23/2014Made my reservation on open table for 7:00 pm dinner. I live 1/2 hour away. The called me at 6:50 to cancel. Said they could not take me til 9. Ate at bar because I was already on my way. Food was very good but I will never make another reservation for this restaurant on open table. They did not even seem to care that I was inconvenienced at all. Obviously they are not concerned if you are a repeat customer.Special Features:
- WhagDined on 8/20/2014We celebrated my husband's 91st. birthday in the beautiful dining room. There were just five of us and each dinner was picture perfect and absolutely delicious. The roast duck was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. Chicken and steak were also delicious and the accompanying sauces out of this world. We then went to the bar and the pianist played and sang our favorite songs making the experience a perfect birthday for my world-war two veteran. Thanks for the great service and gracious employees. MurielSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014This is an outstanding restaurant located close to the beach. Our entrees of Sea Bass as well as scallops were well presented and very tasty. The service was great. We never once had an opportunity to pour or refill our own wine or water glasses. Recommend for a great fine dining experience in Melbourne Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 217 reviews are from the Djon's Steak & Lobster House reviews archive.
- ChuckwagonDined on 7/19/2014We had some friends visiting this area who had heard of Djon's and wanted to try it. They left very impressed, raving about the beef, I myself had the best lamb chops I've had in a long time. Without hesitation, I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu DetailswhacomeswiththatDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good. However, the menu was a bit misleading. We both ordered the 6 ounce steak, which the menu said came with a salad. So based on that description, we both ordered soup and asparagus. The steaks came with mashed potatoes and green beans. I suppose we should have asked but we took the menu description at its word. Needless to say, we had too much to eat. Otherwise, the steaks and asparagus were cooked to perfection and the service was great.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, OK foodflnative45Dined on 7/17/2014At first glance the place looks like a lovely little house as you drive up. Once inside we were greeted warmly and as we were seated, noticed that the building was massively deep. Very nicely appointed and diverse seating/views. Our server was cheerful and knowledgeable. She took good care of us though she was MIA for long periods of time. No biggie. The food wait was quite long but the cocktails were great (recommend the Oatmeal Cookie Martini). When the food arrived it was not really worth the wait or price however. Extremely salty, small portions seemed to be thrown together last minute. Not sure why the long wait (app. 40 minutes) but over $200 for 2 adults and a child with only 2 cocktails, 1 appetizer and small entrees. Not so much..Special Features:
- Great food!CReaDined on 7/15/2014We brought clients in for a nice dinner. Everybody enjoyed the food and the wine list was great. The only issue was there's a slight smell from the pipes in the back dining area. Other than that it was a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerLobster2die4Dined on 7/3/2014Nice to fine a place along the beach that is upscale but not stuffy! No T-shirts gentlemen which I appreciated. Beautiful decor and love the feel when you 1st walk in with live music in the lounge. Took us earlier than our reservation. The bar drinks were well done and the bread was warm soft in the middle and crust was that perfect crispiness. The lobster bisque was packed with chunks of lobster and the wedge salad (we split) although simple was the perfect combo of blue cheese and bacon with the lettuce. I had the local catch which was Grouper - outstanding and my wife had the Maine Lobster split boiled to perfection this made her work not so difficult. The best she has had in awhile! We will be back if we are in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceEdwardsDined on 6/23/2014Our server was exceptionally professional and knowledgeable about the menu and wines.Special Features:
- Great place for steakStaceyDined on 6/14/2014Food is outstanding, particularly the steaks. Had one of the best filets I've had in ages. We always leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceEasydayDined on 6/14/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. Garrett took very good care of us. The decor was upscale. We were seated in the very back room which was beautiful. Everyone said that their meal was delicious. I had the filet and it was cooked to perfection as were the sides. The selection of red wines by the glass was somewhat limited but what they had was good. The price was a bit high, but it was worth it for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!docbeckDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I were visiting the area and wanted a nice dinner. We surfed the web and were intrigued by Djon's web site so we gave it a try. Way beyond expectations. The food, the atmosphere and the service was phenomenal. There was a bit of a wait for the food as to be expected when the food is cooked to perfection, well worth the wait. Looking forward to the next dining experience with Djon.Special Features:
- JustanotherRedHeadDined on 5/24/2014The Host quickly greeted us & gave us a choice of tables as a wedding was going on in the back private room, we chose a hightop table in the bar. The live band was great, entertaining but not too loud so conversation was easy. The food was very good, our server was very busy but that might have been because of the wedding reception. The food was served promptly & so were drinks, the kitchen & bar staff were definitely on their game & the entire staff worked as a team. Some couples were dancing, we had a great time. This place would be my number one pick if ever in Melbourne Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic local eateryLuv2go2dabeachDined on 5/24/2014Spectacular service by James our waiter. Sea bass was amazing. There was a wedding party in the back. Piano music/band in the front. Lots of activity. Dessert was beyond tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServicePat17KaplanDined on 5/24/2014Djon's is a GREAT place! I have been there numerous times to listen to their "Piano Bar" trio of musicians. Great piano player but also an excellent Sax guy & Drummer. This time we finally got there for a wonderful birthday dinner... it was EXCELLENT, as was the service. I will definitely go back (as soon as I can find a "special" occasion to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OmBeautifulWatersVIPDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother and aunt here for Mother's Day. Although they live in Palm Bay, they had never been here. What a great dinner! It was nice to have a great restaurant to take them to, other than the well-known chains ( not my first choice). The food was excellent, the sevice superb! Thanks for making it a wonderful day Dijons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed !CJM2Dined on 5/10/2014After reading reviews I chose Djon's for my boyfriend's birthday . There was an odd odor to the place when we walked into the dining area - I thought it was the drinking water that had a odor. Our meals arrived without delay but the fish I ordered was peppered too much so I sent it back. The other meal was a filet mignon that was fine. When the fish was returned it was very good until I tried the mashed potatoes and picked up a forkfull of plastic wrap ! The manager came to our table stating the potatoes are kept covered in plastic in a large bowl and could not imagine how that piece got into mine. Anyway he did not charge for my meal. Also the room was so noisy with a large party in the center we could barely hear our own conversation.
- Overpriced dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The $29 banana foster Was way over priced in My opinion .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food, reasonable pricecsmithi2Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Djon's for the first time this past Saturday. Absolutely excellent meal from start to finish. The Maine lobster was perfect, the NY strip was very nicely prepared, the veal chop was excellent, with a very nice sauce. My meal was the scallops, which were accompanied with an excellent risotto and sauce. The escargot appetizer was nice, with a cream garlic sauce that while non traditional was amazing. The service and atmosphere were great as well (thank you Dennis for a great experience).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to celebrate an anniversaryGraniteStaterDined on 4/25/2014Djon's lived up to everything we read about it, except that the food could have been better given the price of such (thus only a "good" rating). I don't mind paying a lot for food, but when I do I expect it to be fantastic. Otherwise, service and ammbience were great. Servers and managers were very friendly, outdoor fire pit area was awesome, and lounge music was great - piano player even took requests. All in all, an 8 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidFVIPDined on 4/16/2014Had a truly wonderful meal here in Melbourne. Place is very pretty. Food doesn't try to go too fru fru. Just great meat and fish. Go, you won't be disappointed. Piano bar afterward for a night cap too!Special Features:
- Wow!FoodislyfeDined on 4/15/2014The ambiance was amazing and the lighting wasn't too dark. It was a little fancy for me but it was nice. The bathrooms were very clean and the food was delicious. The chicken with the caramel glaze was tender and the glaze was the perfect side. The chocolate cake and ball of ice cream for desert was just unbelievable, I have never had anything like it. Overall, the experience was very nice and I would love to go back sometime.Special Features:
- Three for TenMDSmileyDined on 4/12/2014Djon's was definitely a highlight of our vacation dining. So good in fact that we had to go back three times in our ten day getaway at Cocoa Beach. It was well worth the half hour drive south on A1A to Melbourne Beach. The New York Strip was outstanding Sea Bass was excellent and the service was spectacular. Put this one on your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageSumitoDined on 4/4/2014Great ambiance and service. The server was very friendly and everyone treats you very well. The restaurant is decorated nicely to make the experience feel like you are dining at an upscale restaurant. But the food was average.... The appetizer was good so I was hopping the main dish to be great, but it was just an average dish. Great place if you want to impress someone with the ambiance of the restaurant. But if you wanna eat great food, not so much....
- Melbourne Hot SpotFamilyVIPDined on 3/27/2014This restaurant will compete with any of those in NYC or Washington, D.C. I went in with medium expectations but was very surprised with everything . We were so pleased, we ate here twice in three days. I have recommended it to friends and we will return whenever we are in the area. There is not a bad thing on the menu and the mixed drinks (cosmos and manhattans) are made to perfection. Best of all, the price supports the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ Dijon'soldbidder1Dined on 3/23/2014We loved the dinner we shared with our out of town guests at Dijon's. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was very nice. I had the scallops which were outstanding, loved the kale! The only item we didn't really care for was the lobster bisque which was way too salty for all 4 of us. Overall a very nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and service!luvgdfoodDined on 3/22/2014The food was cooked to order and the fillet mignon was so tender that it melted in your mouth. Drinks and service were excellent as well. Will definitely go back anytime. By far one of the best places to eat around here. The chart house doesn't compare to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could leave a better review.ReviewnameDined on 3/22/2014I'd say more if there was room to type here... I guess to make a loing story short the wait times between salads, having to ask for bread more than once and the quality of the Delmonaco steak were poor. I guess eating outside (even though there with others already outside) made the staff forget about us. What made it worse the Delmanaco stead was tough and not as tastey as i'd expect for the price. This coming from a a fat guy who would pay $200 for a steak if it meant it tasted as such.
- Second visit ....very very goodChris5Dined on 3/19/2014This was our second visit in a week We sat in the piano bar Very nice atmosphere good food...great steaks ... The wine list was smaller ...very good wines I would rate this a # 1 in the area ChrisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2014Great service, extensive wine list and good food. Steak cooked to perfection. Good cocktails at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening lovey foodChris5Dined on 3/12/2014This was our first visit...we had heard about it but never tried it I would say this is one of THE outstanding restaurants in the area. I enjoyed sea bass ..my wife had the petite mignon steak Beautifully cooked & presented All in all a real gem... We will be back CSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryGeorgrDined on 3/8/2014A unique blend of quiet bar scene and upscale restaurant. Definitely a keep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.