django's Restaurant & Wine Bar
620 Gothic Road
Crested Butte, CO 81225Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
django's Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.djangos.us/
- Phone: 9703497574
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner every Wednesday-Sunday from 4:00pm-10:00pm, closed Monday-Tuesday.
We are also open all 7 days during the holidays this winter, between Christmas and New Year's 2013.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kate Ladoulis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for information about your upcoming event! Our chef will work with you to prepare a unique menu for your special function.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining group reservations are available on Mondays and Tuesdays, when we are otherwise closed to the public.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Ladoulis 9703497574
- Entertainment: During summer, live music in the courtyard most Thursdays from 5-7:30pm.
- Special Events: Please contact us for information about your upcoming event! Our chef will work with you to prepare a unique menu for your special function.
- Cross Street: Emmons Rd
- Public Transit: Public Transit Stops A free shuttle bus from the Town of Crested Butte runs every 20 minutes (every 15 min during winter), and the bus stops right next to the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking is available in the lot adjacent the bus stop. You can also park in the garage below Mountaineer Square for a fee.
A word from django's Restaurant & Wine Bar
django's is a locally owned restaurant at the base of Mt. Crested Butte, gaining national attention for its seasonal menu of globally inspired small plates. This culinary adventure offers a fun dining experience best shared with friends: the plates are brought one at a time, for everyone to taste up to 25 different selections on the weekly menu. The wines are served by quartino (250ml) carafe, to allow for pairing and sampling across an extensive list focused on European and South American wines. The interior is elegant yet casual, offering seating in booths or banquettes, at low or high tables, and at the dining bar overlooking the kitchen. If you prefer dining outdoors, grab a table on the courtyard patio, where you'll hear live music on Thursdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
django's Restaurant & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Crested Butte ›
django's Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (43)notable wine list (35)romantic (28)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Everything was great -- one of my favorites. There are no better brussel sprouts anywhere.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014We sampled almost every item on the menu during backtoback dinners. Each item prepared fresh with balanced flavors. Arugula salad with blueberries and homade lavosh wafer. Fried Brussel sprouts with reduced cider and creme frese. Grilled Japanese eggplant with Ragu and melt in your mouth hangar steak cooked perfectly. Do not miss the homade dolce de leche ice cream. Chef Kate and staff make the experience unforgettable.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceRacefansDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed Django's very much. Table near kitchen provided great entertainment, watching the chefs prepare various plates, also a fine way to see the many dishes offered. We shared 4 plates and dessert. A really nice experience, attentive wait staff, and food worth returning for, especially since we could have a whole new menu second time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine at Django's if you love tapas!lovemytapasDined on 8/17/2014This is our favorite restaurant in CB! We have dined here during our last 3 summer visits and have not been disappointed...the food is delicious and creative and the staff is friendly. This is on our "must do" list when we visit CB and is a highlight of our stay. The Brussels Sprouts tapa is a winner and the Antelope was a hit this time as well. We'll be back next year!Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in ColoradogmacDined on 8/9/2014Django's is our favorite restaurant in Colorado. On every level it gets my highest rating. It never disappoints. And what a bonus to be in Crested Butte to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Django's NEVER disappointsFoodiesfromDallasDined on 8/7/2014We look forward to our Django's experience every year! Thanks again for another fantastic meal...well, make that two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we had in Crested ButteSunflowerDined on 8/6/2014Great food. Nice concept of ordering different meals to share. Everything we had was delicious. Great service!Special Features:
- boomerVIPDined on 8/6/2014We are always pleased with our experience at Django's. The food is excellent, the wine list varied and interesting, and the service is wonderful. This has become a place that we must go to whenever we are in CB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional tastes!KBW71Dined on 8/3/2014One of our favorites every time we head to Mt. CB. Food is exceptional -- we try as many items as we can every time we go. The small shared plate concept is perfect with friends to enjoy the wide range of flavors. It's a very different experience than a typical mountain town - bity city tastes in a very intimate setting.Special Features:
- Django's was disappointingSkibunDined on 8/2/2014Made reservations a week in advance, tripadvisor's high ratings. Very excited for a romantic evening with amazing food. Waited in the crowded entryway for 30 minutes. Seated in bar height chairs in front of the wine rack which is a full wall, ceiling to floor. We didn't get water for 10 minutes, out of water glasses. Iced tea took 25 minutes. We ordered right away because it was obvious they were unorganized and out of control. It took over an hour for our first tapa with servers reaching over us constantly getting wine bottles. Two hours later and $$$ we left the restaurant. The food did not make up for the lack of professionalism. Very disappointed.
- Celebrate an AnniversaryLandCDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful food; great service. Very special place. In summer and ski times, it is best to make a reservation.Special Features:
- A special night out.SuzyhDined on 7/31/2014Had reservation- we waited 20 minutes to get our table. No compensation for that. We were celebrating an anniversary- no special thing served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014I wish I were in Mount crested Butte for a few more days so I could go back and enjoy their food one time more their chef is unbelievable!!Special Features:
- A Favorite!SnowShoeDined on 7/25/2014django's is on our short list of the best restaurants in Crested Butte. We have eaten there on several occasions and have always been wowed! If you want a special meal this is a great choice.Special Features:
- climber29035Dined on 7/25/2014The very best that Crested Butte has to offer and that's saying something. Sincere friendliness, very knowledgeable staff, and creative delicious food make this a must when you're there. Both the food and the wine list are very reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:
- BewytchedBewytchedDined on 7/24/2014Django's never ceases to impress! Kate's culinary skills are amazing! The roasted Brussels sprouts are a must. On this visit the Colorado bass over polenta was exceptional. But then again so was the sweet corn and cheese ravioli and the arancini and pork tenderloin! :). The waitstaff is always friendly and attentive. Owner Chris makes one feel as if you are long time friends. This restaurants ambiance/ atmosphere is so different-- very upbeat. I have already made future reservations!Special Features:
- great vacation finddctravelerDined on 7/23/2014we were on vacation in Crested Butte and ate here on our last night, and wow, was it great! The small plates were all excellent, and a great variety of gourmet choices, with wine to go with the food. We would certainly recommend it and will come back, if we are back in the area.Special Features:
- Innovative TapasOldNYerVIPDined on 7/19/2014For a quick weekend trip to Crested Butte, our first, we decided in advance where to eat, starting with an article that featured 2 CB restaurants out of 13 best CO restaurants outside of Denver/Boulder. I found django by searching for one of the others on Open Table -- that list should have been 14. django was across the courtyard from our hotel and was a real treat! I would agree with some who said not to eat at the two tables along the wine wall,nor would I eat outside. The best seats in the house are in the back, watching the chefs at work. The scallops were supreme!Special Features:
- A Culinary DelightOzgirl718Dined on 7/18/2014We were lucky enough to sit at the " chefs table" and had the pleasure of watching the small plate style food being prepared. Prep and presentation was sharp and elegant and the food was intelligent and tasteful. We devoured five dishes from the diverse menu and can't wait to go back and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eat4healtheat4healthDined on 7/17/2014Good choice of small plates, both for meat eaters and vegetarians. A good alternative to driving down to town.Special Features:
- A little pricey, but SO worth it.radio3Dined on 7/15/2014Charming staff and altogether a very enjoyable experience as we had a great view of the chef preparing our food - which was delicious. You definitely need to book as the place is deservedly very popular. Without OpenTable we'd have been turned away.Special Features:
- JustCookinDined on 7/15/2014It was wonderful watching the chef do her thing in her place her way. Although, the brussel sprouts were the only good dish we had out of the four dishes we ordered. The royal trumpets were too acidic, the flat bread pizza wasn't very good...the bread was like a cracker and not very flavorful either...my girlfriend enjoyed the duck but again I thought the sauce was a bit too acidic. With all that said, I enjoyed watching the chef do her thing in her kitchen her way.
- DenverdinersVIPDined on 7/12/2014Rated #1 out of 55. The ambiance and food were remarkable, this spot could be a gem! Being an understanding and forgiving diner, I know with staffing things can go wrong, but there were so many mess ups, Chef Kate herself came to the table to apologize, which we appreciated. But it continued. The most awkward part of the evening was where the wine was stored. Our table was seated right in front of this display. All evening, staff was asking us to reach up and grab bottles for them, or they would excuse themselves, kneel on the back of my boyfriend's chair to reach them, bizarre! All of the wine is stored at room temp, on the wall display .. for a wine bar, especially odd. Our $100+ bottle of Pomerol was ruined. Hope they can turn it around.Special Features:
- Gem in the RockiesDaviddinesDined on 7/11/2014If you are visiting Crested Butte you must eat here! A hidden gem in the mountains! Great atmosphere, amazing small plates, surprising wines and desserts that cap the night off perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BashiaDined on 7/11/2014A very great evening. the only thing we found odd was the wines were stored in the wall. When a bottle was needed we had people standing right at our table looking at the cork ends of the bottles. We even had to reach in and grab a few bottles to give to the servers.Special Features:
- Best scallops I have ever hadAdventureNfoodDined on 7/10/2014The brown butter brickle makes the dish on the scallops and seared just right. Liked the small plates and the ability to get 1/3 of a bottle of wine for a single dinerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellenttgfontDined on 7/9/2014Bright new food pairings, excellent wine list. Owner very involved. Funky seating, don't leave without trying the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- Don't pass this one up!HaleighDined on 7/9/2014The food is tapas style. My first experience of small plates. It was great food, combinations, and flavors. The "Date with a Pig" was amazing. (Dates rolled in ham). The waitress recommended it, not something I would have tried, but so glad I did. The Spanish Creme brûlée was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodRp930VIPDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent, all great small plates. Brussels are a must. Service was a little too slow for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful treat after an intense day of hiking. Would definitely recommend giving this place a try if you are in Crested Butte!Special Features:
- Best Food in CBSPBMLBDined on 7/5/2014We live part-time in CB and feel that Django's has the best food in the area. Every dish was excellent and exceeded expectations. Plates are small and a bit on the higher end for price but the quality was easily justified. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and foodLindaRVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food and wine were outstanding. The restaurant was quite busy since it was the Fourth of July, and service suffered a bit. We were asked several times what we had ordered and what we were waiting for. The food was worth putting up with the less than stellar service, however!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates and prices=great value33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 7/4/2014Most all of the items are large enough for two people to share, and we had five such plates for a total cost of $45-for two dinners! The wait staff times the order so that you are not crowded for space on your table, and they will choose the order so you do not have to think about what to have first, second, etc. Moreover, the close placement of tables and the casual nature of the decor makes for a very convivial experience.Special Features:
- Unique experience!DjangofanDined on 7/2/2014Kate Ladoulis offers a unique experience at Djangos in Mt. Crested Butte. One you will not find many places short of a Joel Robechan in Paris or London! The selection of unusual and interesting small plates makes choosing which ones difficult. Great choice of wines, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winner!DiningDinksVIPDined on 7/2/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Django's while visiting Crested Butte. The food and atmosphere were both incredible. This is definitely a swankier place then the other restaurants we visited while in The Butte, but well worth being there. As other reviewers have said, the brussel sprouts were amazing! If I had to pick one negative thing about the restaurant was that they seemed very unorganized when we got there at 5pm when they opened. We brushed it off because once they got on their game, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CB at its bestcrapsplayerDined on 6/27/2014Great service...great food...fun all around. A MUST DO for anyone visiting Crested Butte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2014fabulous food, ambience, wine list, and service! very enjoyable evening at djangos. would recommend to everyone for a wonderful night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic small platesjeffDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I just ate at django's for our anniversary and it was a great choice. We were seated at a high table looking over the kitchen, I would highly recommend requesting one of these tables as the regular tables looked really close together! We shared 5 plates, 2 desserts and a nice reasonably priced bottle of wine. The sea bass and duck leg were our favorite parts of dinner and the flourless chocolate cake was ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 205 reviews are from the django's Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Restaurant was not openvtoriDined on 4/20/2014I made a reservation over a month before my Anniversary, drove about 4 hours to get to Crested Butte to find that the restaurant was not open. Other restaurants on Open Table said that they were not open during this time, but django's did not so I thought we were lucky. Very disappointed.
- Awesome spotRafNY1Dined on 3/28/2014Didn't know what to expect from Django's. When you take a look at the menu, you get a good idea and then the food itself was fantastic. Roxanna was a great server and the restaurant's decor is very nice. Great meal.Special Features: