Dizz's As Is Restaurant
2794 S. Pacific Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dizz's As Is Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dizzsasis.com/
- Phone: 9494945250
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Dizz's As Is Restaurant
Our dimly lit, quaint, shingled house filled with '20s and '30s antiques provides the perfect setting for any special occasion. Come join us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Dizz's As Is Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Dizz's As Is Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (26)special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Michele HughesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very casual dining which my husband and I like. The service, wine list and food was very good. Yummy.Special Features:
- Deb58Dined on 9/13/2014Dizz's is a GREAT place for dinner! Food was really great and so was the service. A great spot in Laguna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful family-owned restaurantgandersonDined on 9/13/2014This is where the Laguna Beach locals recommend you go for great food in a local atmosphere.Special Features:
- Dizz's is greatDaveDined on 9/9/2014We love this place... Great food...lots of options, great service...perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Terrible ServiceLisaCVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter (who finally appeared at our table after a long time) seemed uninterested, rushed and uninformed about the menu. We waited a long time for every contact we had with our waiter, which wasn't many. We had to ask for water, did not receive bread with dinner, had to ask for an ice bucket to get our red wine up to room temperature. Our food was really great, but the dining experience was spoiled by the lack of service and attention. Very disappointing. We won't be returning.Special Features:
- KerryDined on 8/31/2014Excellent service and fantastic food. it was our first time there but won't be the last. Best restaurant I've been to in yearsSpecial Features:
- Laguna As IsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014We have been going to Diz's for years. You can imagine Laguna Beach as it used to be years ago when sitting in Diz's. The food is a fabulous mix of gourmet, confort, most tasty dishes to choose from, some choices on the menu for years. Hard to find parking, but worth the effort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School GoodtensdavidDined on 8/28/2014Great neighbourhood gem, with a nice outdoor patio, a great, comfy bar, and lovely ocean views. The staff is great and friendly, especially the bartender, Amy. The menu is very "old school", filled with classic recipes; duck a l'orange, chicken marsala, coq au vin, cioppino, osso buco, veal picatta, etc. But, the food is good. It's a lovely place to eat dinner. :)Special Features:
- Hasn't lost its Laguna charmOCandPSdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014It had been years since I last dined here. We went with a group of 5 before the Pageant of the Masters and had a fun time. I was pleased to see they still serve the vermouth and pate as complimentary starters. The interior is funky as always. But, the food is first rate! The prices are very reasonable for what you get too. Some had the small pate specials, which would have been full entrees elsewhere. Everyone loved their custom martinis too. This was a very nice change of pace from what is becoming a too often pretentious dining scene in Laguna lately. I highly recommend it and when you go just relax and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon appetite!DesertBeauty53Dined on 8/17/2014Second time here. Food is outstanding. House pate and the sweet dry vermouth with lemon twist served comp is a wonderful idea. Madagascar swordfish steak and surf and turf are favorites. Very unique way to present menu! Love decor. A Laguna Beach must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIZZ'S AS IS IS OKTCSievVIPDined on 8/16/2014At 30+ years it is an institution and the vibe is 100% old Laguna Beach, we love it! In general everything is delicious, the Vermouth Apperatif, the pate snack to start, a fun classic menu of steaks, fish and chicken. But having gone twice, the first time with a foodie who's steak was ordered medium rare and came out well, smothered in a thick over bearing sauce and extemely salty. The waiters/waitresses are gems. We went back a year later with old locals, it was a nastoligic night of old haunts. I ordered surf and turf to give it a second shot, my order was for medium rare and it came out well, smothered and salty. Two strikes, two visits, the food for the price is just "ok". I wish they would work on it because we love the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great ocean view when sitting outside. Fantastic veal and lamb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dizz's Duzz ItDLklwDined on 8/16/2014A long time Laguna icon, Dizz's continues to shine. Lucky enough to have dinner at Montage this month and Dizz's. Both great for different reasons with Dizz's getting the nod this time. Try it and try the giant prawns. A favorite at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE Dizz's!!MAXnMARKDined on 8/10/2014We have been going to Dizz's for 14 (my husband 20+) years and we just love the ambience of Dizz's - it just feel so comfortable and everyone always makes you feel welcomed. Both our 26 year old and our 10 year old enjoyed celebrating their birthdays recently over a 2 1/2 hour birthday dinner experience - again - Dizz's is just so relaxing :) Everything about Dizz's is just good, fun and easy - ENJOY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dizzy's is awesome.LtrainDined on 8/9/2014Dizzy's is a gem and awesome always. Love this place and the family behind it. Been going since 1994 and even though I moved from Orange County in 1998. We go back whenever we can.Special Features:
- Still the best!SteveBVIPDined on 8/9/2014Dizz's is the best restaurant Laguna Beach has to offer. Skip the latest trendy spots and dine at this institution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dizz as is...is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. What a special dinner. Greeted by our waiter Dominic with a pate and a before dinner drink on the house! Wonderful food, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden treasurecr84uDined on 8/2/2014Haven't been since 1980s. Superb. Absolutely Laguna yet Europe's sumptuous dining locales pop into mind while enjoying superb versions of delicacies, great and rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dizz's is DizzyingAaronVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dizz's' is average in both food, and service. It obviously was a premier dining establishment at some point but I think it could use some updating. Nothing I had was unique or inspiring and thus it was over priced. The book of dish descriptions is outdated and overwhelming. Keep it clean, simple and modern.Special Features:
- Laguna Beach Gem949RealtorDined on 7/11/2014This is a fun environment with great service and food. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place - you must tryChuckDined on 7/11/2014This is not the usual dining event, Dizz's is a very special place. Unique environment, fun staff, and a combination of old and new menu items. Dizz's has generated strong local support for years. We have enjoying their service for too long to remember; both special holidays and the general "date night". Our last visit was a continuation of this history with this restaurant, and we were not disappointed. The menu is a wonderful combination of food choices; we shared Veal Marsala, Seabass and Scallops - all beautifully delicious and all larger portions; my wife loves the salad with poppyseed dressing, but I also had and always recommend the soup (what ever it is). Don't expect a typical restaurant - just eat and enjoy the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBobbieDined on 7/9/2014I have eaten at this restaurant many times and it is consistently good. I enjoy everything about this restaurant. The food is great, service great and wonderful ambience. I alas go home happy from there.Special Features:
- Love itDaveDined on 7/1/2014Amazing menu...can't go wrong Food is great and the service is wonderful...one of the great places in laguna beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely experienceneddyDined on 6/28/2014everything was great except parking is difficult. one of the few places left to get duckSpecial Features:
- Great Laguna gemDLklwDined on 6/28/2014Every town has a special local favorite. This is Laguna Beach's. Food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Dizz's is one of our favorite restaurants, our special occasion place for years. Everything on the plate is special in itself. Nothing is there just to add color or take up space. From the initial vermouth and pate to the final course everything is special. We no longer live there but drive down for dinner (50 miles each way) regularly. They serve the best rack of lamb I've ever had and their swordfish (if it's not fresh, it's not on the menu) is wonderful. It's a family business started by the parents and grandmother of the current operators about 35 years ago and is a Laguna landmark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sent back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014I have eaten at Dizz's a few times over the past 25 years and had exceptional meals. This time the fish, vegetables and rice were not eatable. I would be afraid to try it again.
- Enjoyed the experience2foodcritiquesVIPDined on 6/18/2014We're here about 20 years ago and remembered it so tried it again for another wonderful experience. Both food and service were excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014I've been eating at Dizz's for many years now and the food and service has always been outstanding. It's an unusual setting that makes it unique. The quality of the food preparation has always been consistent so you don't have to worry about having a bad meal and the flavoring is great without being over the top or too trendy. Service is always good too with friendly, knowledgeable wait staff.Special Features:
- Dizz's still is.CotoMike96Dined on 6/14/2014We haven't dined here in awhile and are sorry we haven't. Just as it used to deliver friendly service that makes you feel at home, well prepared classic dishes, and an ambience that is fun and warm. The Swordfish Madagascar was fresh and deliciously prepared with a cognac dijon mustard cream sauce. The scampi style linguine and schrimp were light and tasty. Sit outside on the patio and enjoy the ocean view and breeze. We'll be back sooner next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dizz's As Is Super!DrMusicDined on 6/14/2014From the time my husband and I entered the restaurant to the time we left, we felt cared for and looked after. It was my husband's birthday and our first visit to Dizz's. They greet you with a mini vermouth and pate', have an extensive wine list and wine and food specials. We ordered the featured wine, a Zinfandel, which was exceptional. My husband received a birthday greeting, blessing, and a generous chocolate mousse'. Our server was very friendly and attentive. They also read the comments I placed on my OpenTable reservation, which some restaurants seem to ignore or skip over. Thank you, thank Dizz's As Is. Stay As Is. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super!pandemacDined on 6/13/2014We enjoyed our first night so much, we made it our last night to celebrate. Granted a Friday nite much busier than Wednesday, but still great food and service. Highly recommend Dizz's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Dizz's As Is Restaurant reviews archive.
- ExcellentStoffelDined on 5/24/2014Went for a 60 th birthday for a friend. Service was great. Food excellent. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing else like Dizz's!mbp0925Dined on 5/24/2014It is always great at Dizz's....nothing else like it in the area. Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SailorTomDined on 5/11/2014Both my son and his best friend are back East and missed Mother's Day with their moms, so it was up to me and my buddy to cater to our wives to celebrate their day. Had not been to Dizz's in years, but decided to make it a half-way meeting point with South County friends for dinner (their first visit), despite my hesitancy about going to any restaurant on such an occasion. Even the best often fall flat, but Dizz's did not disappoint. It was superb, and just as great as we remembered. Food was excellent, and the service top notch. Not at all sure why we stayed away so long. We'll be back again soon. The moms had a special day, and we all enjoyed a fantastic dinner. Thanks to the staff at Dizz's for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY good food- great service!JohannaVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food is amazing. They start you with a mouth quenching vermouth along with toast and pate- I didn't know I liked pate so much. I had the swordfish- wow- delicious- with rice (REALLY good) and a veggie stuffed zucchini (so much food that I left that on the plate.) The wines by the glass are solid and reasonably priced. My husband had the lamb and even though he was full, he had to finish it because it was so good. We had the chocolate chip bundt cake and it was even better than I hoped for. About the decor- it's kitschy and old- with flowered table clothes and faded paintings- our food was served on year 2000 celebratory plates. I'm sure that's part of the charm, but I would really like to see it cleaned up a bit with clean menus.
- Perfection every timeBeckyandKevinDined on 5/3/2014Exceptional food, ambiance and service this time and every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014Definitely a "locals" restaurant, which is exactly what we were looking for. Some nice and unexpected touches with complimentary pate and a small glass of vermouth to start with. Food was quite good with a varied menu. Outside area is nice with a fire pit for chillier nights.Special Features:
- Laguna CharmerGaryDined on 5/2/2014Ambience and charm are worth experiencing. Food was fair. Cornish game hen was dry; swordfish was lathered in a bland, heavy cognac sauce, wine list is average and overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesCoolheatVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had dined many times at Dizz's when we lived in LB 30+ years ago...it was probably our favorite place. Unfortunately we were not as impressed this time around. Service was quite slow (albeit the place was packed) and the sea bass was overcooked. Very loud the evening we dined; there was a large party sitting behind us and they were boisterous, to say the least. It is a small place, so one has to expect not to have an intimate dining experience. Still a lovely restaurant and would recommend it.Special Features: