2070 Chain Bridge Road
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.diyatysons.com/
- Phone: 7039707500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Diya Restaurant
Diya Tysons captures the same exuberance of a traditional South Asian celebration and offers connoisseurs a culinary mosaic of Indian flavors. The vibrant ambiance provides an authentic dining experience coupled with the warmth of Indian hospitality. With a comfortable seating capacity to accommodate 400 guests, Diya is a delightful venue for all who enjoy traditional and flavorful Indian fare outside of their kitchens.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Diya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Missed the markWangsterDined on 9/13/2014Easy access in Tysons. Decor was Bombay meets South Beach, Miami. The restaurant needs remodeling and/or refreshing. Chandeliers were dusty, tables and seats were greasy, the walls were crying for a fresh coat of paint. Went on a Sun evening. Buffet was available. I chose to order a la carte. Buffet choice was very limited. Servers were many and available, but not very helpful; didn't really seem to care, just busy. I felt rushed by the waiters, even though the place was half full. Food came promptly, and fortunately tasted good; price was moderate. Food presentation was non-existent. It felt like cafeteria meal. I got better food at some Indian fast food places in the region. Didn't try the bar. I doubt I will go back.
- Love This Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Great service, great food, perfect location. You really can't ask for anything more--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buffets good if you arrive before 6tchrmsDined on 6/21/2014We usually select the buffet, but arrived at 7:30 and the buffet was quite depleted.Special Features:
- Yummy!!NoVADinerDined on 6/10/2014(The Good) Beautiful atmosphere-very modern &chic. Very kind &polite staff. DELICIOUS!(Tried Tandoori Murga & Lamb Vindaloo-Both yummy, however the Vindaloo was majorly tomato based,instead of with mustard seed like I'm used to) (The Bad) Had a Groupon that stated "Groupons may also be used for Diya's dinner buffet, offered every day for $20 per diner." BUT we found out it is not served Mon-Wed. Oh well, will be back to try the buffet. Server was very pleasant, but did not come back to the table very often (I.e. We were going to add an appetizer while waiting for entrees, but he did not come back until he brought the food out. Also didn't check how the food tasted until we were done (Which was delicious, but wanted to order another beer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014I have really enjoyed diya . Good service and good foodSpecial Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Diya Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good place for indian foodSergioDined on 5/17/2014This place is good for late night dinner if your preference is Indian food. The day we visited seemed kid's friendly and the noise level is just about moderate but if your taking a party of 4 or more then it's good but if you are going on a special occasion with your wife or a date there are other places that you can also pick. There mango lassi was mediocre but the butter chicken was delicious and the bread was supple and nice. We also tried aloo gobi dish that was really good and tasty.Special Features:
- Good Food - chicken is over cookedJimOVIPDined on 4/22/2014Most of the food on the buffet is very well prepared, but what should be their signature dish, butter chicken, needs more attention. It is simply overcooked. Butter chicken is a main staple at almost any Indian restaurant and a big draw. I have never met anyone who did not savor this dish. Unfortunately, at Diya, the chicken is too firm and dry despite the wonderfully flavored butter sauce it is served in. At almost any other restaurant, the butter chicken is moist and tender. It should almost melt in your mouth. Sadly, that is not the case here. This is based on not just one visit, but many as I often frequent this restaurant for business lunches.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Belgium Drink!SP14Dined on 4/11/2014Recommend that Belgium/Indian Beer and a "surprise me" from the Greek/Indian bartender! Good selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food from the dinner buffet that we attended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gratuityAbhiDined on 3/28/2014Applied gratuity on a check for 4 people. Not a good practice. Gratuity is applied to checks when there are 6 or more people.
- Great Lunch & Dinner Buffet1234VIPDined on 3/8/2014Staff were very friendly and service was very good. Plenty of great selections at the Buffet. I am not vegetarian but the Mixed Veggie Pakora turned out to be one of my favorite items. The food was very tasty and while not gourmet it was typical Indian food. We used a Groupon and it worked. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant again and again. The naan bread is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BuffetHaarisDined on 11/16/2013Went here with my parents for dinner, a section of this restaurant was hosting a wedding ceremony. The buffet was tasty, but the food was on the heavy side. It's best to have this kind of meal for lunch instead of dinner. They brought out a complimentary chicken tandoor dish on a skillet, best part of the meal! The restaurant is in office building near a car dealership, but the inside is quite beautiful. Really was impressed by the decor of the restaurant. More grilled veggies in the buffet would take this to a 5 star rating. Hats off to Diya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful and friendly staff,wefrom20854Dined on 10/12/2013Helpful and friendly staff,we enjoyed their appetizers,chicken tikka and chana batura the most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and lovelykellymbDined on 10/4/2013Came here for an impromptu lunch, and was deliciously surprised. There was a well-stocked buffet with a lot of variety to appeal to all palates (great vegetarian options as well). The staff was courteous and helpful, and we stayed long after others left - and no one ever tried to nudge us on our way. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2013I visited Diya for lunch and was pleasantly surprised at the numberof buffet items available. There were vegetraian and non vegetarian oprions available. I enjoy well seasoned food and Diya did not disappoint. Servers quietly and quickly made sure that glasses remianed filled with water and that used plates disappeared when diners revisited the buffet line. i hope to visit Diya for dinner in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/11/2013The food was just ok. Decor was modern and looked nice.Special Features:
- Cheap and poor buffetFoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2013Bad buffet food. Unfortunately, it was just cheap mass production. All the meat dishes had bones which were semi-broken up which made it hard to pick them out. Maybe its better if you dont get the buffet.
- Waitstaff is very polite andRon9VIPDined on 3/14/2013Waitstaff is very polite and friendly but somewhat rough around the edges when placing food items on the dining table. Wouldn't expect this finding in a restaurant at this location.(Tysons).Special Features:
- My husband and I had lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/14/2013My husband and I had lunch at diya! We both loved it..that was the second time we tried their lunch buffet and it was outstanding!! What I liked the most about this restaurant is that they change the food selections at the buffet. Also, the best masala cai I've tried so far.. Service was friendly and attentive!! We will be back!Special Features:
- An Indian ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/16/2013We dined with some friends that we hadn't seen in some time. Diya, though a large restaurant, was the perfect choice—staff was most accommodating and did an excellent job answering questions regarding the various Indian dishes. One of our party had a gluten intolerance, one could not eat spinach, and one was a carnivore. Diya served us all. The food was very good and the pricing was reasonable. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- This was a change from theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/15/2012This was a change from the normal dining out. It was a pleasant dining experience. Our waiters and staff explained things to us novices which made it a wonderful dining experience. I am sure will be returning to DIYA in the near future.Special Features:
- The brunch selection was anOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012The brunch selection was an excellent mix of vegetarian and non vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:
- Not appropriate for businessDesiGalDined on 12/5/2012Not appropriate for business lunches due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Tops on our list for neighborhoodBbLVAVIPDined on 11/30/2012Tops on our list for neighborhood favorites! We were especially pleased with the excellent service considering a private event was being set up at the same time.
- We visited here for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012We visited here for the first time this weekend. We found the food to be good as was the service although a little slow because they were so busy. We sat in the main dining area and found the lighting to be too bright and a little too noisy..maybe sitting in the booths or in the bar area would have been more suitable for us. All in all though we enjoyed our first visit.Special Features:
- Very loudDbrown8302Dined on 11/10/2012The setting feels like a lobby of an office building with bright lights, hard tile floor and open space. The result is very loud and bright. Food was very tasty and well spiced. Service was very attentive. We could not get past the poor atmosphere though and would not return.
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/9/2012The food is excellent and they have a wonderful lunch buffet as an introduction to their Indian cuisine.Special Features:
- This was the second time weRogerDined on 11/6/2012This was the second time we dined at Diya. We live several states away but whenever were in or passing through the greater DC area we have and will continue to make the detour. The food is excellent and well worth taking the time out of a trip. Prices are quite reasonable as well.Special Features:
- Best Malai Kofta and veg BiryaniOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Best Malai Kofta and veg Biryani we ever had..Cant wait to go back. Excellent service.Special Features:
- That's what I call service!credible1VIPDined on 8/1/2012Went for the $12 buffet, which was extensive, but my wife wanted butter chicken which wasn't being served. The manager happened to overhear my wife say she liked butter chicken and he immediately offered to deliver some to our table. That's what I call service!Special Features:
- Food was great, but the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/28/2012Food was great, but the noise was deafening. We were in the large dining area at the back of the restaurant. Perhaps it would have been better had we been seated in a booth. Our servers kept having to ask us to repeat our orders, and our party of 4 was having to yell to hear one another. Service needed help: Servers would hover incessantly despite being told we needed more time before we ordered. Then they would come up to the table and interrupt a conversation to ask us if we were enjoying our food. One of the items we ordered did not get on the list (perhaps because it was so loud while we were ordering), and it was difficult to get that issue resolved.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceRVSTDined on 4/14/2012Based on the location and reviews we had high hopes for this restaurant. It was a busy Saturday night but even accounting for the party going on in the room up front, the noise level was extremely high. The booths have high backs, so they give the impression of being private but there is a constant stream of wait staff and other guests walking by the booths - it is far from private. Service was spotty. The appetizers were decent but the entrees were very sub standard. Especially the last dish in the Vegetables section which we ordered based on its exotic name. It was also the most expensive, so it was disappointing to see frozen vegetables (crinkle cut carrots, Lima beans etc which are sure signs of frozen veggies) in the dish.
- New favorite in NoVa!LHK429VIPDined on 4/8/2012This was our first time at Diya, and it's now our favorite Indian food in Northern Virginia. Saag paneer was excellent - not soupy, very flavorful. Channa was superb - spicy, but not overwhelming. Tandoori chicken was delicious, moist, perfectly cooked. The popcorn they give you when you sit down is a nice touch, but don't ruin your meal! We were a little mift that the nanna didn't arrive until we were practically done with our meal, but when it did, it was hot and chewy and terrific. We'll definitely be back - can't wait to try more things.Special Features:
- Diya was excellent. I orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Diya was excellent. I ordered the tandoori chicken and it was excellent!! I also ordered the aloo naan and it was pretty good. This is a nice place to have a quiet, relaxing evening.
- Indian food with a flair,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2012Indian food with a flair, this restaurant trys to add something new to the same old Indian found elsewere.Special Features:
- The service and Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2012The service and Food was excellent and the staff extemley accomodating.Special Features:
- Menu had a few items off theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/31/2012Menu had a few items off the beaten track, but rest was reliable Indian fare. Cooking was a touch oily but flavorful. Space was expansive and well suited to holding private parties. Conveniently located. Reasonable addition to the stable of Indian restaurants in DC suburbs.Special Features:
- Good service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2012Good service and great food glad we found this restaurant so close from where we live. Definitely will go there again.Special Features:
- Service and food were great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2012Service and food were great. We were celebrating a birthday and we were there for about 3 hours. They did not rush us, gave great recommendations for appetizer and entree selections and then had a birthday cake on the house for dessert. I had previously been there for happy hour and was impressed then also with service and food.Special Features:
- Diya arguably may serve theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/10/2012Diya arguably may serve the best Indian food in the region. Four of us ordered very different appetizers and main courses, and each offering exceeded expectations and presented unique taste experiences. Some confusion and tardiness on the part of the wait staff, likely due to two large private functions, did not dampen our enthusiasm for the food. We seek another excuse to visit Diya and sample the interesting menu further.Special Features:
- Inside was not as nice asOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/2/2012Inside was not as nice as I thought it'd be... very white. But the food was good. The portions not very large though. But very tasty and the servers were very nice.Special Features: