Dixie Restaurant Bar & Lounge
One Letterman Drive, Bldg D, Suite 150
San Francisco, CA 94129Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dixie Restaurant Bar & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/dixiesf
- Phone: 4158293363x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Erik Hopfinger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live music on occasion and there are two TVs at the bar for sporting events. Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Special Events: Please contact PDRDXE@gmail.com
- Cross Street: Chestnut and Lyon
- Public Transit: Muni: 22, 28, 30, 41, 43, 45, 76 Also, Dixie is offering $20 off your first Uber car ride for new Uber members! Enter the code "SFDixie" to get $20 off your first ride.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Paid garage self parking is located at One Letterman Drive. Street parking is nearby.
A word from Dixie Restaurant Bar & Lounge
Located just inside the Chestnut pedestrian gate of the Presidio (Chestnut & Lyon). Walking distance from the Marina, Cow Hollow, and Pac Heights. Before or after crossing the Golden Gate bridge Dixie is a great pit stop for food & drinks because of its easy access & lots of validated parking in the underground structure. Dogs are welcome to join their owners on our large patio. We are also family friendly. We serve contemporary American cuisine with authentic Southern classics like hush puppies, grits, fried chicken, and Cajun catfish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dixie Restaurant Bar & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Loved this place! The foodScillaDined on 4/5/2014Loved this place! The food had a strong cajun flair and was excellent. The decor was beautiful with just the right touch of humor and charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lookation, less than stellarBirthdayGuyDined on 3/29/2014Location in the beautiful presidio campus on Letterman Dr is awesome. Give you a chance to walk the campus, easy, validated parking yet still close to Chestnut street you can go for a walk there before or after. The food however is quite pricey for quality and originality. I was hoping for a more authentic take on southern comfort food, or if you're going to go modern, for food that blew my tastbud expectations. Neither was true. While the food was fine, it was just simply that. Pork sliders could have come from frozen Costco box, blackened catfish was good, fried chicken with grits was heavy and not exciting. The waiters were nice and engaging but failed to time the food so we ended up still eating our salad when the entres arrivedSpecial Features:
- Three of us went for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/29/2014Three of us went for brunch. Our server was exceptional and the owner came over to visit the table and make recommendations. The food was served quickly and was good - just not great. The waffle was very tasty and probably the best part of the meal. Fortunately we shared it, since it was very rich. The pork sandwich was just good and not particularly memorable. They gave us a very generous portion of BBQ chips with the sandwich, but they were more sweet than BBQ spicy. The sausage patties were much more spicy, paired with eggs and a biscuit. Good mimosas.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014I was there celebrating my birthday. I had a bigger group for brunch and from the moment we stepped into Dixie I felt nothing but special. The staff was incredible, the owner was there who was outstanding, the food (and mimosas) were spectacular and our waiter was great. I cant wait to go back. Thank you to Dixie for everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strike OutRegularDinerVIPDined on 3/23/2014We went for our first time with expectation but were disappointed by both good and service quality. There were only a few customers on a Sunday night yet our entrees took almost an hour to deliver because of a mixup between the waiter and the kitchen. The hush puppies were so-so and the fried chicken was dry with little flavor. The catfish was fine.
- Southern BrunchHallieDined on 3/23/2014With the fantastic location next door to The Palace of Fine Arts, and strolling the Presidio, it is a lovely place with terrific southern food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best southern fried chicken!HurricaneVIPDined on 3/21/2014Excellent "comfort food" served with a great warm, friendly and professional staff! We go there often because their food and service remains consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Good Food, No One Here - Please TrySFFoodLoverVIPDined on 3/16/2014We have been to Dixie 3 times in the past few months. The space is terrific and the food is very good and not overpriced. So, why is no one here? We were the only table in the restaurant. Arrived at 7:15 and left at 9:00. There was no other tables occupied. The place and menu have changed so that the food is very southern and not tortured. Give it a try! I would hate to see this place close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STAY FAR AWAYOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Huge disappointment. Billed as 2 Michelin Stars....NO WAY! Bar scene resembles a VERY loud frat party. Service was dreadful and the food even worse. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
- Should be more popular on weekdaysEatforfunVIPDined on 3/5/2014A great place for weekday lunches. Should be more popular than current trend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostessMusselloveVIPDined on 3/4/2014Even if I am the one reserving table, she does not even direct an "good afternoon" "welcome" thank you" to me. As a contrast, she lathers my friend in aftection and attention. We both find it to be rude although peculiar and funny.Special Features:
- Dixie was EmptypalovoiDined on 2/23/2014We went to lunch on Sunday at 12:30 PM and the restaurant was nearly empty. They were out of the waffles (and noted they were out on Saturday as well). We made another choice and the food was good and nicely presented but not on the high end. OK place but very large place and being empty was a negative.
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was great, service was "confused" but there was an effort to please.Special Features:
- Amazing space with mediocre foodJMinSFVIPDined on 2/16/2014This is a gorgeous restaurant space, but the food misses the mark. We met one of the owners the other night an he is delightful!! With Dixie's space, this place should be jam-packed every night. I'm HOPEFUL that Dixie will figure out their recipes and service because this place has nothing but upside. Maybe it's a chef issue because other Southern style restaurants in the City are doing it better.
- Working out kinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Food was overall good. A couple of service glitches - wrong dish served & only one of two deserts arrived (was remedied). Nice place. I would go there again if in the area. Parking was easy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/9/2014We were there for brunch. Dixie used quality ingredient for their dishes but the execution was fair. The omelet was too salty to my taste. The taste of the dishes did not worth for the charge.
- UnderwhelmingEmsfVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have eaten here a few times and have always he a great meal. We went last Saturday and this was not the case. Upon being seated we were informed that their"best" server was dining at the table next to us. Our server was, I assume, new and didn't seem to be fully up to speed. She described most of the beers, to my beer savvy husband, as IPAs when many were not. The limited wine list was described as "not smooth" or was just not available. The appetizers were good, and most of our party liked their entrees, but my burger was ordered medium and came out well done. We waited a looooong time for our food, so to get a well done burger with cold fries....it was disappointing. Service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- Needs workGoodfoodieVIPDined on 1/26/2014Manager/Partner is a nice guy & makes rounds with guests, but service is seriously off. Been there 2 times & both times the same. You have to ask for basics like salt & pepper. Space heaters in outside patio don't work. Waiter tried to pour coffee in my cup of tea etc. it's too bad, the presidio location is nice & views are good.Special Features:
- Great CajunJessVIPDined on 1/3/2014A real find for lovers of Cajun/New Orleans cuisine. Great location in the Presidio with terrific food, drinks and service.Special Features:
- Dine in a Park-like SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/2/2014Perfect place to enjoy scenic San Francisco in a park-like setting. The Poor Boy lunch special with fried oysters & shrimp was delicious. My guest's Blacken chicken sandwich was also tasty and filling. The homemade chips were beautifully done. Great place to dine for any occassion especially after visiting the Walt Disney Family Museum.Special Features:
- Afternoon adventuregdrestrntluvrDined on 12/26/2013We had a great lunch with the children after visiting the Disney Family Museum. The waiter let us know that the servings were large so we split a couple. The food was good with a touch of the South. The location is spectacular and a great place to walk off any extra calories.Special Features:
- Good food slow serviceCCJCVIPDined on 12/20/2013We took two friends there for dinner, even with a reservation we were stuck way over in a side room with very few diners.....it took well over an hour to get our entrees after we ordered. The restaurant is always COLD, every time we have been there.....close the door and turn on some heat!!! Once our food finally arrived it was delicious. We will go back but were disappointed in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in the PresidioSFNativeVIPDined on 12/20/2013I've been to Dixie twice - for both lunch and dinner - and have enjoyed my meals immensely! The brussel sprout salad is so delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just AwfulljamesVIPDined on 12/6/2013What a disappointment! Food is marginal, not well prepared. Service is disorganized and uneven. We will not go back!
- Good spot for a weekend brunch/luncRoyfromtheEastBayDined on 12/1/2013Just inside the Presidio, is a very nice place to do a leisurely lunch or brunch on the weekends. Probably a very different vibe on the weekdays with lots of local workers dropping in, but on a recent Sunday it was quiet, peaceful, and great food with great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!tmck5480VIPDined on 11/30/2013Dixie was a delightful find, nestled into George Lucas Museum in the Presidio. We enjoyed rich flavors, a wonderful cioppino, and my favorite: the brussel sprout salad, with an absolutely perfectly poached egg on top. Yummy, creative and fresh flavors and ingredients. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/17/2013The wait service was very poor, for any standard, but especially for this caliber restaurant. The waiter seemed very inexperienced, making amateurish mistakes. The restaurant was not busy, so that is no excuse for the poor service. Drink orders were all wrong. The food was delivered tepid, with one order totally missing. Appetizers arrived in the middle of the entrée. After we were all finally served, the waiter disappeared from the room. This was an hour after opening. No suggestion of coffee or dessert, and an overlong wait for him to reappear to request the check. Food would have been mundane even at the proper temp.
- They're tryinghudsonmilesDined on 11/17/2013Good spot, VERY young staff, eager and intense server staffSpecial Features:
- Not goodJuliaVIPDined on 11/13/2013We went to Dixie's and were very unimpressed. The restaurant has a lot of potential but the food was gross. The food tasted old and was either overcooked or just bad. My hamburger was still cold/frozen in the middle, and neither of us felt good after eating there.Special Features:
- Turn around at DixiedavidmillvalleyDined on 11/9/2013Well the new management at Dixie has improved this lovely restaurant at many levels Friendly hostess, wait staff,and excellent food Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKMission13Dined on 11/6/2013For the same amount of money, I would have a better dining experience elsewhere in San Francisco. Might pop into the bar if attending an event in the Presidio Servers were pleasant but not attentive.Special Features:
- Strange approach through theCarolVIPDined on 11/5/2013Strange approach through the garage..but the restaurant decor is pleasing. Had an initial good impression, but as the place got very busy with a special party group, the noise level went way up and the service went way DOWN. Wines not served with the food they were to accompany, long pauses between courses and dessert and coffee came very late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not good pricejeff415Dined on 11/5/2013The food was good but the price is not. We started our meal with a couple small bites, hush-puppies and fried pickles. These were $8 each, and there were 5 small hush-puppies and two bite size fried pickles. Both were good but not worth $8. We had a TravelZoo deal, which made it worthwhile. I would only recommend this place if you have a promotional deal. Unless you are like the elderly couple next to us and wear blue blazers with a crest of your social club on it and come down from you house in Presidio Terrace for dinner when its your cooks night off.Special Features:
- Excellent!DWfoodieDined on 11/3/2013I can't say enough great things about Dixie, it is a must go to place! The food is excellent and drinks are excellent., service is impeccable and everyone has a great attutude. The new chef is even better than the old chef! Loved the deviled eggs, burger, cheeseburger, steak and almost all of the apps. I would skip the pickles. The restaurant interior is gorgeous and is interesting to walk around to check out the different rooms and the 200 plus year old doors. It is also really beautfiul outside, especially while there is still some light or at sunset. The walk around the small "lagoon" is also cool! Great for everything, romantic date, special occasion, weekly casual dinner and even large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and Wonderful foodkamijimDined on 11/2/2013The restaurant is beautiful. Every detail has been gone over at this restaurant. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2013I am not usually one to comment on service, but the waiters/ bar tenders messed up 3-4 things throughout the evening, which can't be good for the restaurant's bottom line, and likely contribute to the empty restaurant we encountered. The items messed up were not ours, rather for other patrons. The wrong drink returned to the bar, an incorrect risotto served... (both items were offered to us for free while at the bar, which was funny) We were not charged for all the drinks we ordered at the bar before dinner--another mess-up. With that said, the pork chop was the best I have ever had, and the salad with the poached egg on top was excellent. I think tighter and more professional service will help this restaurant rise to where it could be!
- Fair Food But OverpricedHungryGuyVIPDined on 10/28/2013The food was decent. Not great. But not bad. Portions are small across-the-board. If the small plates were any smaller, they could serve them on a microscope slide. We dined on a Travelzoo voucher which wasn't much of a deal anyway. The "value" of Travelzoo voucher is only a "deal" if you opt for the most expensive entrees and appetizers -- and it presumes you'd be willing to spend $8 for two bite-sized, smaller-than-golf-balls hushpuppies. There were only two other parties dining there on a weeknight when we were there. Our server was charming, a saving grace. I would not bother to come back here to eat.
- disappointing with 2nd visitYSCAVIPDined on 10/27/2013food is just not very good, this is our 2nd visit and the quality and the taste are just so much worse than our first visit
- good food, slow service.lcc2Dined on 10/25/2013after being seated at dixie, it took a while to get an order in and be served. but once the first dish came out, all of the rest of the food came out in a relatively short period of time (seems to indicate a service problem, not kitchen problem). i had read a few comments on yelp about slow service, so i wasn't too surprised. enjoyed all of the dishes (although the thick cut bacon chunks in the brussel sprout salad were quite salty). i loved the dixie old fashioned. great ambiance. free and EASY parking. lots of space for casual drinking/bar bites in the lounge area next to the dining room - very nicely decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcasualdinerDined on 10/25/2013Quality of food and service has been much worse than just 3 months ago when we first visited Dixie. Don't think we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.