Division Street Grill
26 N Division Street
Peekskill, NY 10566Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Division Street Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.divisionstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 9147396380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday & Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Allow us to make your holiday party planning easy this season! We can cater your event, on-site or off-site, to fit your needs and your budget. Select from several catering packages...ideal for luncheons, cocktail receptions and dinner parties.
A word from Division Street Grill
Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Peekskill's Artist District, The Division Street Grill offers eclectic American and International Cuisine, with Live Jazz Entertainment featuring a New York Style setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Division Street Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)romantic (5)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food and service2citizenshipsDined on 8/22/2014Dined here because we were attending a show at the Paramount and it was close to the theater. Pleasantly surprised. All 3 of us enjoyed our choices. One of the specials was great for the vegetarian who dined with us. Wines were reasonably priced. Service was great. Both servers had a fun sense of humor. Would come here again when in the area.Special Features:
- Pre Concert DinnerBrenVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband & I were going to a concert at the Paramount in Peekskill and we decided to have dinner. The restaurant staff was very attentive. The dishes were prepared well. My husband had a spicy pasta bolognese dish, which he selected because it was different. It was a bit too spicy for him. I had baramundi which was delicious. We would go back to this restaurant. It was a very convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdinnerDined on 8/15/2014calamarie was chewy need to make more crisp every thing else was great we had bonless short ribsSpecial Features:
- Mixed experienceBOTUDined on 8/3/2014We have been going to Division St. Grill for years, and while the food and service is usually excellent, our most recent experience was mixed. There were mix-ups on the orders for 2 of 3 of us dining. The wait staff gave us similar but not exact dishes from the regular and daily special menu. It wasn't as if they were busy. An order of shrimp was overdone. The wrong rice was on one dish, and the other had rice, not pasta because of menu confusion from our server.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We've been there many times, and it never disappoints. We'll keep coming back. It was a bit noisier than usual this time because there was a street festival going on, but that made it even more fun.Special Features:
- Great placejackDined on 7/19/2014We ate outside, very nice. The food is good and imaginative at a great price. A few service missteps but they handled them so well it added to the experience!Special Features:
- One of the best!CookielDined on 7/10/2014The pork osso buco was outstanding -- one of the nites specials, Waiter was great, they were short handed but he handled all of us like the professional he was. We had a 2yr old GC and there was no problem. Waiter came out to see how we liked our meal and shake hands. Memorable evening.Special Features:
- One of the best in Peekskill NyTomfDined on 7/4/2014It truly is one of the best places to dine in the city. The food, the service and the ambience are outstanding. We keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing ExperienceMicknTayDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Division Street Grill recently and were not disappointed. Live piano and vocal music provided a very relaxing atmosphere and the waiter's suggestions for our eating pleasure were perfectly prepared and served hot by the attentive wait staff. We have enjoyed several meals there, over the years, and this occasion was no exception.Special Features:
- lovetoeatDined on 5/29/2014The food was very good as usual. We were a little disappointed with the cappucinnos since they were only lukewarm.Special Features:
- BrunchGB23Dined on 5/11/2014Food was good - nothing to rave about. It seemed as though it was their first attempt at a brunch - staff was clearly inexperienced and not prepared for the demand - struggled making basic omelets. Family friendly and nice waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsJMSPKGVIPDined on 5/10/2014We go to concerts in Peekskill and have eaten at DSG before. We always have mixed feelings, but continue to go back for some reason. The food is good, but the service seems to always be just a little bit off. This time, the server thought he should just laugh about the mishaps, instead of correcting them. He kept saying "I'll be right back with that". I finished my first glass of wine before the salad arrived. We waited more than 20 minutes for the salad AFTER the appetizer. I wasn't served my second glass until my meal was almost done. We were pressed for time, so our nerves were running a little high. We allowed two hours for dinner- should not have to rush at the end- and no dessert. Maybe we'll try another place next time.Special Features:
- Unless you are starving to deathRicardoVIPDined on 5/10/2014One of the worst restaurants I have ever been too. Horrible service. Food was disgusting
- The following 143 reviews are from the Division Street Grill reviews archive.
- Amazing!MissPrissyPrisDined on 4/21/2014I'm such a pick eater. Most of the time my dinner gets sent back. But not this time. I had the almond crusted salmon with jasmine rice & veggies. It was just superb! The fish was tender and moist (definitely not farm raised!). The veggies were crunchy but with a buttery flavoring. Just a lovely evening with amazing food! I went home wishing I had taken a second order for a midnight snack lol ❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Jazz and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014Great food and live jazz music on weekends. There are plenty of choices on the menu which are supplemented by daily specials. The service is great; there when you need it but not hovering over you. The music is by local musicians but some come from the city. Occasionally people drop by to jam with the musicians. Division Street helps to add the downtown life in Peekskill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not honor reservationsOpenReviewerDined on 3/29/2014Do not waste your time using opentable. This restaurant does not honor reservations using the system. We waited over an hour for a table despite the fact that we arrived on time for the reservation. Those that called in their reservations, even with later times, were given preference. Overall the staff came across as very unprofessional and aloof, seemingly not caring about their customers. This was my first bad experience using opentable. I would therefore not recommend Division street grill to anyone using the system.
- its okprincetonDined on 3/29/2014We were a bit disappointed in the quality of beef served as filet mignon. It was a bit chewy. Our waitress had no clue what sides came with the beef. She said it was up to the chef. If we come again, we will choose another dinner option. The noise level rose as we started to eat. The entertainment was nice (the musicians were talented) but very loud for such a small space. The music should be in the background not in your face. (just our opinion) We like to eat and chat and it became very difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Good food, great service, nice live music with a piano and a sax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The price of quietnessFredVIPDined on 2/17/2014They seemed to be understaffed. The place was just about empty, other than our table there was only 1 other table and another couple came in shortly aftter, even so the waiter looked rushed and gave us little of his time. Price was high for what we got, however the food was good, not sure if $150 (for 2) good, but good.. So yes, I would and will go back, I think it deserves the benefit of the doubt :) we might have caught them on an 'off' day..I would recommend this to a friend.
- good staff, great foodluceedeenDined on 2/15/2014Once we changed our table away from the high pitched ladies, the staff was attentive, patient and completely understood. The food was excellent as usual, the portions very decent. I've never been disappointed dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok, Service POOR.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014This used to be a great restaurant we enjoyed visiting. Unfortunately, this visit was a clear disappointment. The food was un characteristically unimpressive. Also both our entrees were overcooked. Unfortunately our waiter was no where to be found. He never returned to our table until after we asked another server, if our server had left for the night. Apparently the restaurant's visit by 'Restaurant Stakeout' did little to help. Since it seems whatever advice was given, has been quickly forgotten.
- Do they really care?ScoutDined on 2/1/2014Recently chose to dine at Division Street Grill as they offered live music. The music was enjoyable--wish I could say the same about the service. Restaurant was understaffed and staff didn't really seem to care at all about the guest experience. It took forever to get menus, noone took drink orders, our meals took forever and came out at different times. When we expressed frustration we were told "everyone has a bad experience once in a while and unfortunately that is you tonight." There was no attempt to compensate for any of this--the offer of a free drink or dessert would have gone a long way. I subsequently learned the restaraunt was featured in one of those reality shows that purports to "fix" broken restaurants. Guess it didn't stick.
- always a great experiencetfrnjDined on 1/16/2014when we visit the region we always make a point to dine at Division Street Grilll. The ambiance is contemporary yet is perfect for special occassions. Even when the dinning room is crowded we can still carry on a pricate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experiencevpmad1Dined on 1/10/2014We have been to the Division Street Grill several times now, and the food and service are consistently excellent. Tonight's visit was made even more special by the talents of legendary musicians Bucky Pizzarelli and Jerry Bruno. What a treat to see these pros in such an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014The food and service were very good. I had the Duck which was exceptional and my Husband had a stuffed Chicken Special which he said was good. The Banana/chocolate bread pudding was very tasty. Yes I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoilerUp64BoilerUpVIPDined on 12/30/2013We waited 20 minutes for someone to take our drink order. We ordered an appetizer, a salad and an entree. After nearly an hour wait they brought the entree; no appetizer, no salad, just the entree. The entree was excellent, but did not offset the most amateurish/incompetent service I have ever encountered.
- Very pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Very pleasant dining experience with good food good service and good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in PeekskillTomfDined on 11/29/2013once again everything was wonderful. Great food and service, and they make a great ManhattanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbundancemhebDined on 11/28/2013There was more than enough food for Thanksgiving for take home leftovers,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and generous portions.EriclynnDined on 11/23/2013Attentive service, great food, generous portions, nice atmosphere. Handled a special ingredient request. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new fan of Division Street GrillCharlieDined on 11/16/2013This was my first experience with Division Street Grill. I will absolutely return to this restaurant. From the moment we entered the door, the service was outstanding. The staff was warm, friendly and professional. The ambience was supported by soft yet entertaining jazz music playing in the background. I had the pecan crusted salmon, I am an extremely picky eater and this was prepared well and tasted absolutely delicious. Lately, it seems that the dishes at resturants are premade and not made to order. My dish was a pleasant suprise prepared to my liking with the freshest fish and great fall vegetables I am a fan of this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceLaurieDined on 11/9/2013The restaurant itself is a lovely environment (even quiet on a Saturday night), service excellent, food delicious, and lovely mellow guitar player softly playing. What could be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shining StarMalpsDined on 10/26/2013One of the finest meals I have had in quite a whileSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placejackDined on 10/25/2013A nice restaurant that hits all aspects of dining well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot!opentable1Dined on 10/11/2013My boyfriend and I had a great time here the other night. Great menu and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music, but you can't hear itvpmad1Dined on 9/14/2013The restaurant is not convenient to where we live, but we sometimes go there if we're in town for another reason - a show at the Paramount, working late in Peekskill, etc. On this visit, we came for the music, which was a jazz guitar duo. Unfortunately, the high ceilings combined with the loud patrons made it impossible for the music to be heard more than 3 feet away from the performers. The food is consistently excellent here, but the service on this night was lacking - it was very difficult to get the waiter's attention. In fairness, the place was packed, so perhaps they were understaffed. We'd go again, but we won't hurry back, especially just for the live music.
- Great foodjackDined on 9/14/2013Very good food, would like to try most items on the menu.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningjm827Dined on 9/1/2013Everything was enjoyable, the food was quite good, the atmosphere was lovely and the service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable Division Street DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2013Division Street Grill always has great food, great service and is a wonderful dining experience. Food is yummy and the choices are creative and delicious.Special Features:
- Good food at Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Division Street Grill. We do not know Peekskill well and didn't know about this little gem. We live about 8 miles south and don't go to Peekskill often. We were among the first diners that evening. It seemed we'd be dining alone, but little by little the people came. You could tell by the patrons' conversation with the staff that they were regulars. My wife has a seafood dish and I had the short ribs. Both were well prepared and tasty. I started with the carrot and ginger soup. It was a bit hot, both spicy and temperature. Once it cooled a bit I ate about half of what was served (and took the rest home). We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.